• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

CA Chick-fil-A in hot water for being too successful

Crovax

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The ones we have around here are always full circle around the building and on to the streets sometimes.

The city created its own problem by banning drive thrus and then the existing drive thrus become too busy and block traffic. And people some say liberals are anti-business...
They are a public nuisance. They deliberately limit the number of stores in an area to create the false impression everyone wants to eat there. Here in Wichita KS (a city of 3/4 of a million people) for instance there are two. Every other fast food restaurant chain has a dozen or more locations. That means CFA can look hugely busy during rush time on half the traffic.

It's a joke.

i've seen so many near wrecks in front of the CFA here. it's a curved road right before you get to it and the stopped traffic is always crazy.

I see those lines and I'm like **** this. I went there in the 2000s and got a chicken sandwich. I mean, it was decent, but it was a chicken sandwich. How much better has it gotten since like 2005?

CFA is always packed around here. They also co-host a TON of fundraising events and have by far the absolute best customer service/trained staff.

Now, their being the quickest I didn't know because I don't patronize this chain (for a totally non-political reason--the name just pisses me off).

I think you might be better telling people it's for political reason 🤣

I think you might be better telling people it's for political reason 🤣
I probably should, but this would be a lie. Eons ago when this chain opened its first store in my community, I assumed that it was pronounced "filla" because I learned in elementary school what "filet" meant. Bwahahaha, I took umbrage when I learned differently. I have issues! (Wanna hear why I boycott what I call the "K-word company"? It sells salad dressings and cheese. Or is this already TMI?)

Full disclosure: I also won't patronize restaurants that have "ye"/"olde"/"shoppe" in their names or any c-word that begins with a "K" such as "Kountry Kitchen" or "Kountry Katfish." Arrrrrrgh.

I see those lines and I'm like **** this. I went there in the 2000s and got a chicken sandwich. I mean, it was decent, but it was a chicken sandwich. How much better has it gotten since like 2005?
Exactly. But there is no denying the lines!

I probably should, but this would be a lie. Eons ago when this chain opened its first store in my community, I assumed that it was pronounced "filla" because I learned in elementary school what "filet" meant. Bwahahaha, I took umbrage when I learned differently. I have issues! (Wanna hear why I boycott what I call the "K-word company"? It sells salad dressings and cheese. Or is this already TMI?)

Full disclosure: I also won't patronize restaurants that have "ye"/"olde"/"shoppe" in their names or any c-word that begins with a "K" such as "Kountry Kitchen" or "Kountry Katfish." Arrrrrrgh.

Your husband or partner deserves an award 🏆

They are a public nuisance. They deliberately limit the number of stores in an area to create the false impression everyone wants to eat there.

Another possibility is that they are prioritizing quality and customer satisfaction over rapid growth.

chick fil a.jpg

Exactly. But there is no denying the lines!
I'd wait in line if my wife asked me to. She likes that place. Otherwise, nope, nope, nope.

I think this has more to do with branch location than any attack on business.
Any business should consider its impact on the area and be open to discussions about mitigation.
This is more of a problem in the UK with our much narrower roads and generally different layouts.
A shop shouldn't really be causing a traffic bottleneck and if they do I don't see it as anti-business to expect them to help solve the problem.

Chick-fil-A drivethroughs are a menace everywhere. DUring lunch and dinner, it is best to avoid anywhere near their drivethroughs.
The only thing I've seen that comes close is the drive-thru line for Dutch Bros.

A few years ago my buddy and I would frequent a Dunkin Doughnuts for early coffee and chewing the fat. We sat inside and always marveled at the fat people using the drive-up window to get their sugar fixes…..

A few years ago my buddy and I would frequent a Dunkin Doughnuts for early coffee and chewing the fat. We sat inside and always marveled at the fat people using the drive-up window to get their sugar fixes…..

it's so ridiculous, they have drive thrus for everything. Or Starbucks, I've seen super long line and if you walk in, there is no line. Plus, those lines can be slow when people order things other than just regular coffee and requires insane amount of work to make your fu fu cofee

Back
Top Bottom