• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ca a black person understand what it is like to be a Jew? Or gay?

Can a black person understand what it is like to be a Jew? Or gay?

• Total voters

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Well?

If a white person cant understand what it is like to be black then a black student will never understand what the Holocaust was like... for example.

Is being black and gay mutually exclusive?
Is being black and Jewish mutually exclusive?

LOL

LOL

Ask this fellow:

davis-jr-sammy-photo-sammy-davis-jr-6233615.jpg

Um --- black people can't be gay or Jewish? ??

LOL

Is being black and being treated poorly mutually exclusive?

LOL

Get with the analogy to the other thread or piss off. Simple...

Progressives just soiled their pants of the thought of a gay, black Jew.

Get with the analogy to the other thread or piss off. Simple...
I know that you're trying to take the piss out of the other thread; I just think you've just done it poorly.

You just confirmed it... so... yeah.

Both are faulty prmises.
No, the other thread compared two racial groups. Your thread is comparing a racial group to a sexuality and a racial group to a religion/culture. It's a bad comparison.

Well?

If a white person cant understand what it is like to be black then a black student will never understand what the Holocaust was like... for example.

More importantly can they understand what it's like to be a white privileged male... the guilt.

No, the other thread compared two racial groups. Your thread is comparing a racial group to a sexuality and a racial group to a religion/culture. It's a bad comparison.

The comparison is that they are both flawed. White people can understand what it is like to be poor and treated badly because that is not mutually exclusive to black people. Look... you dont get it. I understand.

Whites can also understand what it was like to die at Auschwitz even tbough they live in L.A.

More importantly can they understand what it's like to be a white privileged male... the guilt.

I am guilty of being a non-privileged white male.

The comparison is that they are both flawed. White people can understand what it is like to be poor and treated badly because that is not mutually exclusive to black people. Look... you dont get it. I understand.

Whites can also understand what it was like to die at Auschwitz even tbough they live in L.A.
You're still making terrible comparisons. It's better to just state your point directly: human beings can understand what other human beings go through.

You're still making terrible comparisons. It's better to just state your point directly: human beings can understand what other human beings go through.

Better for you. Not better for what i intended...

Well?

Sammy Davis Jr. can definitely understand what its like to be all 3....

Sammy Davis Jr. can definitely understand what its like to be all 3....

Can i understand what it was like to be him...?

Edit: just watched it.................. WTF? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom