• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Buzzfeed: Secret Files Show How Trump Moscow Talks Unfolded While Trump Heaped Praise On Putin

What crimes have anyone been indicted/convicted of that is remotely related to being in cahoots with Russia?

Flynn's phone call to the Russian ambassador, as incoming NSA wasn't illegal.

Then why do they all lie about it? It's the living that all of us should be concerned about. If someone does nothing wrong why lie and hide it?

Then why do they all lie about it? It's the living that all of us should be concerned about. If someone does nothing wrong why lie and hide it?

How do you know they did? Because Mueller said so?

How do you know they did? Because Mueller said so?

Um, Yeah. It's been pretty obvious to most, hence the indigents and plea deals.

If anyone has that proof it's Mueller.

My guess is that a whole lot of republicans pray to God that he doesn't.

Not according to you liberals, you've been pointing out all the factual evidence you have that Trump colluded with the Russians for Trump to win.

Really haymarket?

Did you even read through all of the documents provided, or are you just jumping on this band wagon because "orange man Bad"?

He is, and he is admitting he didn't read it and isn't commenting on the OP, so he is admitting he is also off topic.

Not according to you liberals, you've been pointing out all the factual evidence you have that Trump colluded with the Russians for Trump to win.

It doesn't matter what you say and it doesn't matter what I say. The only person that matters is Mueller.

I will say that Rush and Hannity have done a masterful job trashing Mueller in preparation for any bad news. They don't care that he is honorable, a Republican and a vet.

Manafort has recently been charged with lying about a meeting with a Russian agent while he was campaign manager. He gave the agent internal Trump campaign data compiled by Cambridge Analytica using 50 million + stolen Facebook accounts to feed them with individual targeting and methods for Putin's trolls to use their "magic" on and influence their vote. That targeting could easily have thrown the tiny 80,000 votes in 3 Blue States that gave the election to Trump and Trump did it in exchange for his promise to remove Russian sanctions and other favors.

He lied I get that, but where is the crime that you suggest that Manafort met with a Russian agent.

I have to ask again where is the crime, I see the NYT as emplishing so far as fake news.

From your link, “There was serious consideration by the White House to unilaterally rescind the sanctions,” according to Dan Fried, who retired in February as Coordinator for Sanctions Policy at the State Department.

I have to ask again where is the crime? What has Dan Fried brought forward that Trump committed a crime. What Trump "consider" because he got a huge payment from Russia. Where is the link from Russia bribing Trump to "consider". Where is the collusion. And if there was this huge payoff to Trump from the Russians, don't you think Trump would had not "considered" but done what he was paid to do?

Since the news broke that Donald J. Trump, Sr., had a questionable relationship with Vladimir Putin and/or his associates, I've read/heard people dismiss this otherwise cozy relationship as just "a international businessman doing business". On the surface, I could accept that except, when you start digging you begin to see things that aren't quite right with this so-called "business" relationship.

For starters, why had Trump tried so hard to distance himself from Putin throughout the campaign? He'd gone as far as saying "he didn't even know Putin...never met him before" on more than one occasion before finally admitting he'd met him at least twice. Why the secrecy?

Next, you have Felix Sater. Folks dismiss this relationship but if you recall, the Trump SOHO NY project has Felix Sater's finger prints all over it (re: allegations of money laundering and improper business dealings). Could he be the reason Trump avoided making this project pubic?

Next, you have VTB Bank Trump Acquisitions, LLC was working with in its attempts to secure financing for the Trump International Moscow project - the very Russian bank that was under U.S. sanctions. Another reason to keep quite about this project for sure.

Trump being nice and flattering toward Putin may have simply been him trying to foster business relations. After all, according to the documents Buzzfeed has presented, Trump Acquisitions, LLC needed Putin's approval before the project could go any further beyond the planning stages. So, it's possible that Trump was only trying to butter the guy up. But it's also possible that Trump was well aware he was wading into shady waters using Cohen and Sater to get the project done knowing they were using some very questionable methods (re: financing) to get the project done. Moreover, there very well could have been a quid pro quo aspect to this project going forward: To wit: "Trump: You approve my building project in Moscow and I'll give you anything you want. Putin: I approve your building project and you lift economic sanctions against Russia." Is it a stretch? Given the evidence we already know, it's very possible. People need to look beyond the aspect of Trump simply being a businessman doing business. This has the appearance of being something much larger than that and not so straight-forward as many people believe.

My position on this has long been: "If this was just Trump doing business as usual, why was he so reluctant to disclose this particular business venture until after Michael Cohen was busted and subsequently once Cohen decide to start cooperating fully with the FBI?"

Last edited:
He lied I get that, but where is the crime that you suggest that Manafort met with a Russian agent.

I have to ask again where is the crime, I see the NYT as emplishing so far as fake news.

From your link, “There was serious consideration by the White House to unilaterally rescind the sanctions,” according to Dan Fried, who retired in February as Coordinator for Sanctions Policy at the State Department.

I have to ask again where is the crime? What has Dan Fried brought forward that Trump committed a crime. What Trump "consider" because he got a huge payment from Russia. Where is the link from Russia bribing Trump to "consider". Where is the collusion. And if there was this huge payoff to Trump from the Russians, don't you think Trump would had not "considered" but done what he was paid to do?
Aiding and abetting a foreign power in their illegal efforts to influence our elections is called conspiracy to defraud the United States and yes it is a felony.
Congress unanimously passed a bill that prevented the Trump administration from removing Russian sanctions without their approval. That is the only reason he did not "do what he was paid to do".

The bill establishes a review process for Congress to have a say whether the White House eases Russia sanctions. It also establishes new sanctions against those conducting cyberattacks on behalf of the Russian government as well as supplying arms to Syrian President Bashar Assad, and it allows for sanctions to hit Russia's mining, metals, shipping and railways sectors.
"We moved to make the Congress, not the President, the final arbiter of sanctions relief when necessary," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said. "Any idea of the President that he can lift sanctions on his own for whatever reason are dashed by this legislation."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/06/15/politics/russia-sanctions-senate-trump/index.html

Aiding and abetting a foreign power in their illegal efforts to influence our elections is called conspiracy to defraud the United States and yes it is a felony.

So that is the crime Trump committed, where is the indictment, I have not heard anything about a crime.

animously passed a bill that prevented the Trump administration from removing Russian sanctions without their approval. That is the only reason he did not "do what he was paid to do".

OK then it should be easy for you to prove who paid Trump and how much did Trump receive. And because he could not do as he was paid to do did Trump give the money back and who did he give it too. Or did Trump keep the money and did some other favor for who ever paid him. I'm sure your referring to Russia. So what did Russia get for their money if Trump did not give it back. Lot of unanswered questions that I know you have all the facts to fill me in.

Congress passes a lot of bills, some approve going to war with Iraq, some approve sanctions, some are laws. etc etc.

Speaking of congress, Obama cuts a deal with Iran and ships to Iran in the middle of the night billions flown into Iran so that they could fund their terrorist groups without the money being traced. And in that agreement there was NO inspections anytime, anywhere and no one is allowed on any Iran military base. Obama should have went to congress to get his agreement passed by congress. Trump comes along and kills another of Obama's colossal failures.

So that is the crime Trump committed, where is the indictment, I have not heard anything about a crime.

OK then it should be easy for you to prove who paid Trump and how much did Trump receive. And because he could not do as he was paid to do did Trump give the money back and who did he give it too. Or did Trump keep the money and did some other favor for who ever paid him. I'm sure your referring to Russia. So what did Russia get for their money if Trump did not give it back. Lot of unanswered questions that I know you have all the facts to fill me in.

Congress passes a lot of bills, some approve going to war with Iraq, some approve sanctions, some are laws. etc etc.

Speaking of congress, Obama cuts a deal with Iran and ships to Iran in the middle of the night billions flown into Iran so that they could fund their terrorist groups without the money being traced. And in that agreement there was NO inspections anytime, anywhere and no one is allowed on any Iran military base. Obama should have went to congress to get his agreement passed by congress. Trump comes along and kills another of Obama's colossal failures.

LOL Sitting Presidents cannot be indicted only impeached. Trump's payment was winning the election or a Trump Tower in Moscow depending on the outcome. Surely you didn't miss that fact. Iran is complying fully with the nuclear agreement and Trump's actions make us less safe and more likely to get involved in another war in the M.E. Withdrawing from the agreement only succeeded in strengthening the hard liners in Iran who have always claimed we are evil and not to be trusted. That fit's Trumps description to a tee.

LOL Sitting Presidents cannot be indicted only impeached.

Really, then what do you have to impeach Trump?

Trump's payment was winning the election

What payment, what did Trump receive from Russia to get Trump elected. Where in the hell is the collusion?

or a Trump Tower in Moscow depending on the outcome.

The Moscow thing never happened so you have facts of payments and collusion with names of Russians and what exactly did the Russians do to get Trump elected. And what was Trump supposed to do for the Russian help?

Surely you didn't miss that fact. Iran is complying fully with the nuclear agreement and Trump's actions make us less safe and more likely to get involved in another war in the M.E.

Let me remind you there is NO inspections anytime anyplace and no one steps a foot on an Iran military base. So how you know for a fact that Iran is complying with anything is impossible. But hey you know for a fact, then lay it out all your facts that support your claim.

As for us being less safe, how so? I'll tell how we're less safe because of Obama not doing a damn thing with NK, he let Rocket man build all the nukes and missiles he wanted. And before Clinton paid them billions to stop their nuke program and they laughed in his face, thanks for the billions you dumbass. Christ Obama could not even inforce his own RED LINE in Syria, Putin told Obama to stand down and Obama said yes sir.

Withdrawing from the agreement only succeeded in strengthening the hard liners in Iran who have always claimed we are evil and not to be trusted.
And you believe Iran, but you don't believe they call for Israel to be wiped off the map and death to America.

Withdrawing from the agreement only strengthened the hard liners. Yeah they're really doing well with the sanctions Trump has imposed and I know your all for sanctions. So the hard liners are upset for Trump pulling out of the agreement or they are pissed over the sanctions Trump imposed.

Let me remind you there is NO inspections anytime anyplace and no one steps a foot on an Iran military base. So how you know for a fact that Iran is complying with anything is impossible. But hey you know for a fact, then lay it out all your facts that support your claim.

Do you know how intel is collected or analyzed? I was in intel in my Navy days. There was one country in which I knew a tremendous amount of intel and I never set foot in the country.

I'll tell how we're less safe because of Obama not doing a damn thing with NK, he let Rocket man build all the nukes and missiles he wanted. And before Clinton paid them billions to stop their nuke program and they laughed in his face, thanks for the billions you dumbass. Christ Obama could not even inforce his own RED LINE in Syria, Putin told Obama to stand down and Obama said yes sir.

B-bu-but OBAMA! B-bu-but CLINTON!

They only maintained the exact same policy that the U.S. has held since the end of the Korean War. How stupid is that?

He is, and he is admitting he didn't read it and isn't commenting on the OP, so he is admitting he is also off topic.

Oh I know, it's become painfully obvious that this is the main case mostly every time I speak with him.

But I can still speak to him out of pity, can't I?

Do you know how intel is collected or analyzed? I was in intel in my Navy days. There was one country in which I knew a tremendous amount of intel and I never set foot in the country.

A tremendous amount is first subjective and second we don't know if what intel you knew was actually factual.

That sure was not Iran as there are no inspections anytime anywhere and no one steps a foot on an Iran military base. So it's impossible to know what the hell Iran is doing with the nukes and missile development. The intel got it dead wrong that Iraq had WMD.

B-bu-but OBAMA! B-bu-but CLINTON!

They only maintained the exact same policy that the U.S. has held since the end of the Korean War. How stupid is that?

Really, Clinton tried to buy NK off by giving them billions that did absolutely nothing.

Obama did absolutely nothing and I mean nothing to bring in NK's nuke program.

So I ask you which policy have we held from the end of the Korean War. Is our policy to try and buy them off or just do nothing?

Trump has made more progress than any president before him. He got the remains of our brave men and woman home, no other president was able to do. He is having another summit with Rocket Man to keep working it. Notice he has not given Rocket Man a dime and he is doing something unlike Obama who did nothing. But I'm sure you want Trump to fail putting your hatred of Trump over country.

Secret Files Show How Trump Moscow Talks Unfolded While Trump Heaped Praise On Putin

Buzzfeed reveals how while Trump was saying he had no business with Russia that the opposite was true.

This basically relates to Trump Tower Moscow. The dates are just a year before the election. Why the hell didn't we hear about this at the election?

From Oct. 13, 2015 from Felix Sater to Michael Cohen:

The corruption in this administration is unprecedented and this stuff only adds more fuel to that fire.

Buzzfeed? Aren't those the group of bozos that got the slam-down by Mueller when they lied about another story?

So it's impossible to know what the hell Iran is doing with the nukes and missile development.

How can that be? Trumps knows exactly what Iran is doing. Just ask him. What we don't know is what is Trump's source of intel. It is obviously not U.S. intel services. He has dismissed their conclusions. He must have another source. What do you think it is?

The intel got it dead wrong that Iraq had WMD.

Don't you know how GW and Cheney ran it back then? It went like this: "Here is our conclusion. Now build a case to support it."

They did it on economics. The treasury secretary quit because he could not do it in good conscience. Said so in his book.

They did it on torture in Gitmo. "Gonzales, waterboarding is not torture. Get us a legal opinion that says that."

And they did it to justify the invasion of Iraq. Why do you think that most coalition countries refused to participate? Their intel told them it was all BS, your revisionist history notwithstanding.

How can that be? Trumps knows exactly what Iran is doing. Just ask him. What we don't know is what is Trump's source of intel. It is obviously not U.S. intel services. He has dismissed their conclusions. He must have another source. What do you think it is?

He does, I have not heard him say that. Maybe you can quote him, you know Prove it.

You do know that the intel got it dead wrong on Iraq's WMD. That would make anyone question their findings. Except someone like you who would take their intel on blind faith. His sources are is his cabinet and intel, you know he has a Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, Homeland Security, Central Intelligence Agency, Office of the Director of National Intelligence. Of course you don't know what Trump's source of intel the president has, so now you know.

Don't you know how GW and Cheney ran it back then? It went like this: "Here is our conclusion. Now build a case to support it."

From your link: The book was the first to provide critical insight into the events that led up to the Iraq War. A book like all the rest of the Bush, Trump haters come out with a book. They all come out with their hate books, you know like Comey.

They did it on economics. The treasury secretary quit because he could not do it in good conscience. Said so in his book.

From your link: Former Treasury Secretary Paul O’Neill, pushed out of the administration for not being a team player, says President Bush was so disengaged during Cabinet meetings that he was like a “blind man in a roomful of deaf people.”

Another sour grapes looser, he was pushed out of the administration, no wonder he's trying to fight back for being FIRED.

They did it on torture in Gitmo. "Gonzales, waterboarding is not torture. Get us a legal opinion that says that."

And they did it to justify the invasion of Iraq. Why do you think that most coalition countries refused to participate? Their intel told them it was all BS, your revisionist history notwithstanding.

Torture, WOW, quote the crime that was committed and the names of the people that committed these crimes and their conviction?

Is that all you got is opinions, try some corroborated facts. All you got is opinion hit pieces that anyone can dig up, Christ fake news is full of it, and the likes of your BuzzFeed, and from everyone that was fired comes out with their hate book. Really

He does, I have not heard him say that. Maybe you can quote him, you know Prove it.

TRUMP:Today, I am announcing our strategy, along with several major steps we are taking to confront the Iranian regime's hostile actions and to ensure that Iran never, and I mean never, acquires a nuclear weapon.

Our policy is based on a clear-eyed assessment of the Iranian dictatorship, its sponsorship of terrorism, and its continuing aggression in the Middle East and all around the world...

The Iranian dictatorship's aggression continues to this day. The regime remains the world's leading state sponsor of terrorism, and provides assistance to al Qaeda, the Taliban, Hezbollah, Hamas, and other terrorist networks. It develops, deploys, and proliferates missiles that threaten American troops and our allies. It harasses American ships and threatens freedom of navigation in the Arabian Gulf and in the Red Sea. It imprisons Americans on false charges. And it launches cyberattacks against our critical infrastructure, financial system, and military.

There is the direct quote you requested.

His sources are is his cabinet and intel, you know he has a Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense, Homeland Security, Central Intelligence Agency, Office of the Director of National Intelligence. Of course you don't know what Trump's source of intel the president has, so now you know.

You just referenced several people who directly contradicted Trump in their testimony before congress. Are you suggesting these people perjured themselves in front of congress?

Secret Files Show How Trump Moscow Talks Unfolded While Trump Heaped Praise On Putin

Buzzfeed reveals how while Trump was saying he had no business with Russia that the opposite was true.

This basically relates to Trump Tower Moscow. The dates are just a year before the election. Why the hell didn't we hear about this at the election?

From Oct. 13, 2015 from Felix Sater to Michael Cohen:

The corruption in this administration is unprecedented and this stuff only adds more fuel to that fire.

BuzzFeed? Aren't these the same guys who reporting on Cohen and his congressional testimony only to have Mueller and his team completely contradict their reporting?
And you guys still take them seriously? :lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo

"consciousness of guilt"???

What the hell is that? A new crime?

LOL!!

Not in the least.

"Consciousness of guilt" means "knowing that you did something and that what you did was wrong". That might include more than simply "knowing that you did something and that what you did was specifically against the exact wording of a specific law that you were fully informed of when you took the actions that you took".

The next line in the series is "So what, he's been indicted, there hasn't been a trial yet.".

That is followed by "So what he's on trial, he hasn't been found guilty yet.".

That is followed by "So what he's been found guilty, he's filed an appeal.".

That is followed by "So what the appeal has been denied, the denial is under appeal.".

That is followed by "So what if the appeal of the denial has been denied, he's filed an appeal to the Supreme Court.".

That is followed by "So what the Supreme Court has been denied, the whole thing is a miscarriage of justice.".

That is followed by "OK, so he did it, but it was a long time ago and is completely irrelevant. Besides he wouldn't have been convicted if he hadn't been subjected to a witch hunt.".

PS - You do realize that the money that was sent to Iran was Iranian money that the Iranian government had paid to the US government in return for goods that the US government refused to deliver, don't you?

Speaking of congress, Obama cuts a deal with Iran and ships to Iran in the middle of the night billions flown into Iran so that they could fund their terrorist groups without the money being traced. And in that agreement there was NO inspections anytime, anywhere and no one is allowed on any Iran military base. Obama should have went to congress to get his agreement passed by congress. Trump comes along and kills another of Obama's colossal failures.[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom