• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Buzzfeed: Secret Files Show How Trump Moscow Talks Unfolded While Trump Heaped Praise On Putin

A legitimately elected president who may have committed high crimes and misdemeanors.

At least you said "may have"... there might actually be hope for you yet.

Most of us are waiting for something to actually come to light, if I'm to be honest.

Though it's getting tedious to read what someone post and then have to actually go find what context they ripped it from, or at the very least. What story they aren't correctly alluding to in the breath of things.

Basically, I don't care for people getting indicted over the same small time crap that any other person in another administration could get called on. The anti-Trump crowd have been backing themselves into a corner for some time now with many of their own claims and I would actually like to see some confirmation on them come about. Instead of it turning out to be the usual lie, over and over again.

Frankly, it's getting very boring.

Don't worry, Mueller is professional. You'll know about the bad stuff when he's finished.

Really haymarket?

Did you even read through all of the documents provided, or are you just jumping on this band wagon because "orange man Bad"?

What documents are you specifically referring to?

Well, first I said none of that.

Second, did mueller already tell you that he had no proof of what you just typed?

No but you liberals have been telling me for 2 years that you have all this proof of evidence, that Trump colluded with the Russians.

No but you liberals have been telling me for 2 years that you have all this proof of evidence, that Trump colluded with the Russians.

If anyone has that proof it's Mueller.

My guess is that a whole lot of republicans pray to God that he doesn't.

If anyone has that proof it's Mueller.

My guess is that a whole lot of republicans pray to God that he doesn't.
Mueller has getting close to the two year mark since he came onboard the investigation that had been going on for many months before that, and still has has not told his bosses the American people what he has found on the main charge.

That is abuse.

Mueller has getting close to the two year mark since he came onboard the investigation that had been going on for many months before that, and still has has not told his bosses the American people what he has found on the main charge.

That is abuse.

No it's not. It's a guy thoroughly doing his job.

You just want it to be over because it may affect your favorite politician and it causes you guys stress.

No it's not. It's a guy thoroughly doing his job.

You just want it to be over because it may affect your favorite politician and it causes you guys stress.

I demand justice and fair play.

Sorry, madasheck, this was a nothingburger back then...and it's still a nothingburger.

It's actually evidence being investigated in an ongoing criminal probe. And apparently now also a congressional probe.

Team-Trump consistently lied about its communications and dealings with Russia, and attempted to hide/obfuscate it. This is considered evidence of consciousness of guilt.
Guilt, as in, guilty of having done something wrong. Not to mention, the rest of the mountain of circumstantial evidence, including it being one of the key triggers for the Mueller investigation, including multiple felons who lied and obstructed and tampered with witnesses to hide all this.

Of course, we all have known this for over a year, so in that sense it is "old news". Or rather, more circumstantial evidence added to the mile-high pile.

I demand justice and fair play.

You're getting it. Mueller is one of the most honorable men in our country.

You're just mad that he's doing his job and investigating a dude who has been corrupt his whole life.

I get that it's stressful.

It's actually evidence being investigated in an ongoing criminal probe. And apparently now also a congressional probe.

Team-Trump consistently lied about its communications and dealings with Russia, and attempted to hide/obfuscate it. This is considered evidence of consciousness of guilt.
Guilt, as in, guilty of having done something wrong. Not to mention, the rest of the mountain of circumstantial evidence, including it being one of the key triggers for the Mueller investigation, including multiple felons who lied and obstructed and tampered with witnesses to hide all this.

Of course, we all have known this for over a year, so in that sense it is "old news". Or rather, more circumstantial evidence added to the mile-high pile.

"consciousness of guilt"???

What the hell is that? A new crime?

LOL!!

"consciousness of guilt"???What the hell is that? A new crime?LOL!!
I really do think we need an "educate the Trump supporters" bill. Maybe make it mandatory.

Why don't you ask Republican Trey Gowdy...he's been preaching to Comey about this for a year but no peep from you (based on nothing apparently);
Gowdy: Well, in the interest of time and because I have a plane to catch tomorrow afternoon, I'm not going to go through any more of the false statements but I am going to ask you to put on your old hat. Faults exculpatory statements are used for what?
Comey: Well, either for a substantive prosecution or evidence of intent in a criminal prosecution.
Gowdy: Exactly. Intent and consciousness of guilt, right?
Comey: That is right?
Gowdy: Consciousness of guilt and intent? In your old job you would prove intent as you referenced by showing the jury evidence of a complex scheme that was designed for the very purpose of concealing the public record and you would be arguing in addition to concealment the destruction that you and i just talked about or certainly the failure to preserve.

https://pub-origin.cnbc.com/2016/07...r-james-comey-on-hillary-clintons-intent.html

Lying to cover up potential wrongdoing, can be used as evidence of criminal intent. Since Trump has done this all day, every day, you really didn't know that this was a flag for prosecutors?

Say it isn't so. Or wait, was it only because Trey was harassing Hillary that you didn't protest (based on ignorance apparently)?

I really do think we need an "educate the Trump supporters" bill. Maybe make it mandatory.

Why don't you ask Republican Trey Gowdy...he's been preaching to Comey about this for a year but no peep from you (based on nothing apparently);

https://pub-origin.cnbc.com/2016/07...r-james-comey-on-hillary-clintons-intent.html

Lying to cover up potential wrongdoing, can be used as evidence of criminal intent. Since Trump has done this all day, every day, you really didn't know that this was a flag for prosecutors?

Say it isn't so. Or wait, was it only because Trey was harassing Hillary that you didn't protest (based on ignorance apparently)?

Problem is, those two were talking about a prosecution...a court case...not an investigation. They are talking about trying to convince a jury of guilt.

We don't have a court case. Heck, we don't even have a crime. And here you are, talking about consciousness of guilt as a reason for having an investigation.

Dude...take your nonsense and peddle it to some useful idiot.

You are dismissed.

How many people have been convicted of "Russian collusion"?

The same number of bank robbers who have been charged with committing a "heist." You know, because heist is not a crime.

It appears that people in the Trump campaign were passing polling data to Russians. Why would they do that? What was in it for them? Somebody tried to set up a back channel for Trump to talk to the Russians without U.S. Intel people listening in. Why did they want that? Trump has repeatedly had face-to-face meetings with Putin with no other U.S. personnel present. Why would he do that?

And again, do you really believe that Mike Flynn took it upon himself to contact the Russians as incoming NSA and no one else on the transition team knew anything about it? Seriously?

I for one am looking forward to hearing the answers to these questions when the Mueller report is complete and released.

Trump must be removed from office ASAP. Every day he occupies the White House is an ongoing threat and an insult to the American people. This is just one more reason why.

Someone needs to go find out from Mueller if he ever intends to do his job.

Your right we are living through amazing US history. And it's the history of you liberals that hate Trump so much you make up BS that can't be supported, making fools of yourselves. You spent 2 yrs blabbering about all the evidence of Trump Russia collusion. Now Mueller has Manafort who is going to roll over and bury Trump, now we have flynn and he knows all the connections of the the Trump Russia collusion and he is going to spill his cuts. Wait now we have Cohen and he surely knows every Russian that Trump has colluded with. Forgot Mueller got George Papadopoulos the first guy to tell Mueller everything.

Here is a clip, however notice the word "possible", but that was all Bull ****. Just like all the other BS you libs can try and dig up.

A former campaign aide to President Donald Trump has pleaded guilty to lying to federal agents working for special counsel Robert Mueller as part of his probe into possible coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia. Trump foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos attempted to set up a meeting with Mr. Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin, and he spoke to an overseas professor about Russian "dirt" on Hillary Clinton, in the form of thousands of emails, and according to court documents, he told the FBI lies about both.

Question: where is the collusion, who did Trump collude with and what did they actually collude to do so that Trump won the election? A real simple question that you surely have an answer to.

Manafort has recently been charged with lying about a meeting with a Russian agent while he was campaign manager. He gave the agent internal Trump campaign data compiled by Cambridge Analytica using 50 million + stolen Facebook accounts to feed them with individual targeting and methods for Putin's trolls to use their "magic" on and influence their vote. That targeting could easily have thrown the tiny 80,000 votes in 3 Blue States that gave the election to Trump and Trump did it in exchange for his promise to remove Russian sanctions and other favors.

LONDON — As the upstart voter-profiling company Cambridge Analytica prepared to wade into the 2014 American midterm elections, it had a problem.

The firm had secured a $15 million investment from Robert Mercer, the wealthy Republican donor, and wooed his political adviser, Stephen K. Bannon, with the promise of tools that could identify the personalities of American voters and influence their behavior. But it did not have the data to make its new products work.

So the firm harvested private information from the Facebook profiles of more than 50 million users without their permission, according to former Cambridge employees, associates and documents, making it one of the largest data leaks in the social network’s history. The breach allowed the company to exploit the private social media activity of a huge swath of the American electorate, developing techniques that underpinned its work on President Trump’s campaign in 2016.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/17/us/politics/cambridge-analytica-trump-campaign.html

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-white-house-secret-efforts-lift-russia-sanctions-putin-619508

Last edited:
The same number of bank robbers who have been charged with committing a "heist." You know, because heist is not a crime.

It appears that people in the Trump campaign were passing polling data to Russians. Why would they do that? What was in it for them? Somebody tried to set up a back channel for Trump to talk to the Russians without U.S. Intel people listening in. Why did they want that? Trump has repeatedly had face-to-face meetings with Putin with no other U.S. personnel present. Why would he do that?

And again, do you really believe that Mike Flynn took it upon himself to contact the Russians as incoming NSA and no one else on the transition team knew anything about it? Seriously?

I for one am looking forward to hearing the answers to these questions when the Mueller report is complete and released.

What crimes have anyone been indicted/convicted of that is remotely related to being in cahoots with Russia?

Flynn's phone call to the Russian ambassador, as incoming NSA wasn't illegal.

What crimes have anyone been indicted/convicted of that is remotely related to being in cahoots with Russia?

Well, there you have it. "Cahoots" is not a crime. The president will not be charged with being in "cahoots."

Flynn's phone call to the Russian ambassador, as incoming NSA wasn't illegal.

That's to be seen. What was the call about? It was intercepted and red flags went up for some low level intercept operator, who reported it to his/her supervisor, who in turn run it up the chain. When asked about contacts with Russians, Flynn didn't say "Yeah, I talked with the ambassador a few days ago. Just getting onboard, ya know."

No, instead, Flynn lied about it. He denied it. Why?

When informed of the FBI's concern, Trump took a couple of weeks to think about it before firing Flynn.

Then Flynn is charged. In a plea deal, Flynn pled guilty and apparently has been cooperating. But, he made a plea deal, according to you, for doing nothing wrong.

One of the problems you have is that crimes have been committed, as evidenced by people pleading guilty rather than mounting a defense. Another problem you have is that Mueller is using their guilt and potential punishments as leverage to uncover evidence of other crimes, perhaps by other people. A third problem is that quite often investigators ask questions they already know the truth about. Lying to the FBI or to Mueller investigators is a crime in and of itself. That's what crossed up Flynn. There's no telling who else got snared in that web.

Your biggest problem is that Mueller has been running a fairly tight ship, not leaking very much. We really don't know what he's got. It is possible that the report will say something to the effect "We looked everywhere for almost two years and we found that Trump is as pure as the driven snow. This was a big nothing burger."

On the other hand, while it may not directly implicate Trump in coordinating with Russia on the campaign, if Trump and/or his companies are found to be money laundering or tax evading for bad players, Trump could very well face some serious legal jeopardy following his presidency. Unless, that is, you're of the opinion that as the last act of his presidency, Trump could constitutionally pardon himself and his entire organization. That still leaves the issue of NY state charges. He can't pardon himself there.

And I can hear you now, as Trump is led in cuffs to the prison van, "See? I told you there was no collusion!"

Well, there you have it. "Cahoots" is not a crime. The president will not be charged with being in "cahoots."

That's to be seen. What was the call about? It was intercepted and red flags went up for some low level intercept operator, who reported it to his/her supervisor, who in turn run it up the chain. When asked about contacts with Russians, Flynn didn't say "Yeah, I talked with the ambassador a few days ago. Just getting onboard, ya know."

No, instead, Flynn lied about it. He denied it. Why?

When informed of the FBI's concern, Trump took a couple of weeks to think about it before firing Flynn.

Then Flynn is charged. In a plea deal, Flynn pled guilty and apparently has been cooperating. But, he made a plea deal, according to you, for doing nothing wrong.

One of the problems you have is that crimes have been committed, as evidenced by people pleading guilty rather than mounting a defense. Another problem you have is that Mueller is using their guilt and potential punishments as leverage to uncover evidence of other crimes, perhaps by other people. A third problem is that quite often investigators ask questions they already know the truth about. Lying to the FBI or to Mueller investigators is a crime in and of itself. That's what crossed up Flynn. There's no telling who else got snared in that web.

Your biggest problem is that Mueller has been running a fairly tight ship, not leaking very much. We really don't know what he's got. It is possible that the report will say something to the effect "We looked everywhere for almost two years and we found that Trump is as pure as the driven snow. This was a big nothing burger."

On the other hand, while it may not directly implicate Trump in coordinating with Russia on the campaign, if Trump and/or his companies are found to be money laundering or tax evading for bad players, Trump could very well face some serious legal jeopardy following his presidency. Unless, that is, you're of the opinion that as the last act of his presidency, Trump could constitutionally pardon himself and his entire organization. That still leaves the issue of NY state charges. He can't pardon himself there.

And I can hear you now, as Trump is led in cuffs to the prison van, "See? I told you there was no collusion!"

There were no red flags. If there were, it would have been handled through the appropriate channels, instead being illegally leaked to the media. That's an actual crime, BTW.

Back
Top Bottom