• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

BuzzFeed News is offering buyouts and three of its top editors have resigned

Moon

Why so serious?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
BuzzFeed News announced on Tuesday that its editor in chief is stepping down and the company is offering buyouts to eligible staffers that could turn into layoffs.

Editor in Chief Mark Schoofs, who replacedBen Smith in 2020, announced his decision to the newsroom Tuesday. Samantha Henig, BuzzFeed’s vice president of news strategy and operations, will be serving as interim top editor.

BuzzFeed News is also losing deputy editor in chief Tom Namako, who announced Tuesdaythat he will be the new executive editor of NBC News Digital. Ariel Kaminer, executive editor for Investigations and Tech, is also exiting.

BuzzFeed went public via SPAC in December. In its first earnings call as a public company, which also happened Tuesday, CEO Peretti said the company as a whole has seen higher audience engagement than ever before. The media organization also remained profitable for the second year in a row.

———————

Looks like Buzzfeed News is about to become a thing of the past. Since they are offering buyouts without a current contract that allows for buyouts, their union has filed has filed a complaint with the NLRB.

I hope this doesn’t effect the what muppet are you quiz I take while on my throne

Looks like Buzzfeed News is about to become a thing of the past.
That's been happening since the Trump/Russia Steele Dossier and their dumb claim (and doubling down on it) that Trump ordered Cohen to lie to Congress (which was denied by Team Mueller).

Back
Top Bottom