• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Buying new clothes

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I've lost nearly 90 lbs at this point. Many of my clothes don't look right on me anymore.

This is a good problem :)

25ish lbs to go for my target. Hopefully by the end of the year.

I've lost nearly 90 lbs at this point. Many of my clothes don't look right on me anymore.

Wow- that is quite impressive! Congrats, and have fun shopping for the new duds. :mrgreen:

Wow!!! Good for you!!! Seems like the single life has motivated you to do some life-altering good things! I'm very happy for you!!!

Congrats and new clothes will help make it a lifetime change. Flaunt your bad self! :peace

Wow!!! Good for you!!! Seems like the single life has motivated you to do some life-altering good things! I'm very happy for you!!!

40 or so since ending the marriage. This from my high point in the 330s over 2ish years.

Want to get to my 220s and see how I look and reassess from there. I am a big person, 6'4, wide shouldered, thick frame, fairly muscular, so BMI calcs don't work for me.

That's fantastic!!!

What are you doing to keep the weight off?

That's fantastic!!!

What are you doing to keep the weight off?

Diet change and smaller portions. My cooking skills are crap compared to the ex wife's.

Also if I find myself getting hungry and eating large portions for a week (hunger has ebbs and flows so I don't immediately react to being hungrier than normal on purpose) I do green tea pills for a few days to reset it.

Plus as I lose weight I am getting more and more energetic and just keep moving anyway.

Diet change and smaller portions. My cooking skills are crap compared to the ex wife's.

Also if I find myself getting hungry and eating large portions for a week (hunger has ebbs and flows so I don't immediately react to being hungrier than normal on purpose) I do green tea pills for a few days to reset it.

Plus as I lose weight I am getting more and more energetic and just keep moving anyway.

I hear you. I'm in a similar boat and have the portion size thing kicked (for the most part) but I get hung up on eating late at night. My schedule tends to suck and I find myself eating a full dinner at 10pm or later more often than I should. I don't know about you but I've found that as the weight comes off I snore less and sleep a lot better. That helps a ton!

I hear you. I'm in a similar boat and have the portion size thing kicked (for the most part) but I get hung up on eating late at night. My schedule tends to suck and I find myself eating a full dinner at 10pm or later more often than I should. I don't know about you but I've found that as the weight comes off I snore less and sleep a lot better. That helps a ton!

Its hard to find a hunger suppressant that isn't a stimulant so that wont work for you. I would maybe try filler foods like lettuce and celery, the problem being variety after a while I think.

Eating a protein bar quickly at work earlier may help. The human body loses most of the calories it gains from protein trying to burn it. Its inefficiency is a good diet technique. Plus you may be less hungry later on.

My sleep sucks, but its gotten better lately, but that has more to do with stress than anything.

Its hard to find a hunger suppressant that isn't a stimulant so that wont work for you. I would maybe try filler foods like lettuce and celery, the problem being variety after a while I think.

My sleep sucks, but its gotten better lately, but that has more to do with stress than anything.

I have been going to salads and fruit at night which generally work but I'm equally as likely to succumb to salami and cheese (I've ditched the crackers) which doesn't help.

I have been going to salads and fruit at night which generally work but I'm equally as likely to succumb to salami and cheese (I've ditched the crackers) which doesn't help.

Yeah, a lack of variety can suck and hurt motivation.

Hrm let me think on it. Maybe I can be creative.

Yeah, a lack of variety can suck and hurt motivation.

Hrm let me think on it. Maybe I can be creative.

One thing I've tried that works pretty well is to whip up some sugar free Jello pudding and add fruit. Right now I'm buying frozen berries and thawing out a handful then tossing them in with it. It's fairly low calories (w/1% milk) and fat and the berries don't mess things up plus it's filling enough to stop any cravings.

Sometimes I do a cup of mini wheats which are yummy, filling, slow to digest, and relatively low calories. Quick to do when tired too.

Lots of cereals so good variety too.

Ugh, clothes shopping sucks.

Everything is plaid! I hate plaid! bowling shirts. Or stupid ironic tshirts (which nobody should ever wear!). Or, for gawd's sake, hawaiian!

Plus big and tall sections have little in the way of tall, and are mostly big.

What I want is simple.

This would be good and I will pick one up the next time I go through Atlanta. Basic Editions Men's Big & Tall Easy Care Woven Shirt - Clothing - Men's Big & Tall - Shirts

I would love to find something like this in my size and in crimson or blood red. Chispa Men's Guayabera Shirt - Clothing - Men's Big & Tall - Shirts

There are no big and tall shops anywhere near my home town and the stuff at the mall is all ****. I want something that isn't ****ing plaid.

It looks like I got my work cut out for me. My fashion sense is different from what most of the stores have it seems.

I want stuff that is simple and classic and can be worn in a variety of situations, yet displays my personality in a tasteful way (so no skull tshirts or anything that makes it too obvious). Bold solid colors with patterning in the weave to make it more interesting. Good material is a must as well, something better than cotton/poly blend. I want people to get the impression of me but without making it obvious and overwhelming.

The problem is I know what looks good on me and that tends to be classy stuff, yet a little edgy, but NOBODY SELLS ANYTHING LIKE THAT

my colors are black, dark red, sky blue (because of my eyes), dark grey-green, and a deep purple can work too.

Maybe I need to apply to one of those fashion rescue shows, heh.

Last edited:
hrm, I think I need to shop cuban and south american styles. They seem more up my alley.

I am glad I vented :D

Back
Top Bottom