• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Buyers/Sellers Cautious To Enter Deals But More Confident About Improved Activity

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
[h=2]Buyers/Sellers Cautious To Enter Deals But More Confident About Improved Deal Activity[/h]

Ernst & Young on Monday released its eighth US Capital Confidence Barometer, a survey of senior executives that gauges corporate confidence in the economic outlook. Here are their key findings:

• 44% think the global economy is improving, up from 24% six months ago.
  • 61% of companies are focused on growth, up from 46% in October 2012.
  • 58% view global credit availability as improving.
  • 76% expect global M&A volumes to improve; 29% expect to do a deal in the next 12 months.
  • 45% expect valuations to rise in the next 12 months.

Full Story

Attachments

• ey.jpg
    ey.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 34
Confidence is great and all, but it doesn't tackle the debt problem and it's doesn't tackle income inequality. I see this whole perspective of an improving economy as nothing but Democrat rhetoric spewing from the White House with absolutely no lasting economic returns to back it.

Confidence is great and all, but it doesn't tackle the debt problem and it's doesn't tackle income inequality. I see this whole perspective of an improving economy as nothing but Democrat rhetoric spewing from the White House with absolutely no lasting economic returns to back it.

I don't see debt as a problem - it's a free market mechanism to temporarally resolve the income inequality problem. Disparity of wealth and income is the root problem of debt. When some people have more money than they need, they wish to acquire rent on that money, and when others have less money than they need they are willing to rent money. If we have a debt problem, then what we really have is an issue with the way that our system distributes wealth.

From what I have seen, the Whitehouse is very much concerned with fixing our distribution system, they just don't have the political power to do so. Regardless, good leaders always attempt to turn a frown into a smile, so spinning some numbers to make them look positive seems like good policy and leadership.

Remember the financial issues of 2008, and the near panic that we had, with the stock market dropping by half in a few months? Now imagine how much worse it would have been if everyone in government was yelling "O my God, we are all doomed", instead of saying stuff like "the underlying strength our our economy is solid". I prefer a "glass half full" leader to a "glass half empty" leader.

Back
Top Bottom