• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

But God Didn’t Say That: Religious Community Members Talk God and Abortion

I'm sorry that you find life that difficult. I hope you're not too ashamed of yourself to seek help.
Help???? There's not much available but I do appreciate the kind words. No, I am not ashamed any more than I am ashamed of being diabetic.

None of this matters. As I said before, in my view abortion is murder, you are killing a life. If you believe that, as I do, the rest of the argument pales beside it.
You don't believe it's a human life, I get that. We will never agree. This conversation is pointless.
Yes, it's human and alive but abortion is not murder - that is FACT.

You cannot seriously think anyone is going to outlaw biracial marriage.
Floriduh is trying to ban math textbooks because derplicans might get skeeered.

You cannot seriously think anyone is going to outlaw biracial marriage.
I never seriously thought that a handmaid would be appointed to the SC nor that a hack lawyer paid to contort the laws of impeachment would be rammed through the Senate or that McConnell would deny a sitting president the right to nominate a justice. I never seriously thought that this country would tolerate 5 conservative Catholics enforcing religious dogma on all women of the US. But here we are with Amy Barrett, Bret Kavanaugh, Sam Alito, Neil Gorsuch and Clarence Thomas with monumental disrespect for a woman's judgement apparently ready to overturn Roe for the evangelicals and the Catholics. Hormone based contraceptives, the least risk prone of the women's contraceptives is on the chopping block next. Four states, MS, ID, TX, MO, are already think about a ban on these contraceptives. There will almost certainly be bans placed on abortions due to fetal malformation since they have already been tried. Bans on medicinal abortions and morning after pills are already working their way through state legislatures.

The religious right have not worked as long and as hard to get a religious SC just to overturn Roe and ban contraceptives. Paul Weyrich the founder of the Heritage Foundation, American Legislative Exchange Council and the Free Congress Foundation said:

"When political power is achieved, the moral majority will have the opportunity to re-create this great nation.”

The Supreme Court is re-creating America. Who knows what is next on their re-creation agenda.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom