• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Business facing a wave of green taxes

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Those that do participate in the Carbon Reduction Commitment (CRC) initiative by declaring their energy use will face charges for every ton of greenhouse gas they produce.

These payments are expected to average £38,000 a year for medium-sized firms, and could reach £100,000 for larger organizations.

Surveys have shown that thousands of businesses are unaware they are supposed to be taking part, or even that the scheme exists at all.

The imposition of new charges and fines will put pressure on firms at a time when economists are warning of a “double dip” recession as companies, consumers and the public sector all cut their spending.

Business leaders criticised the CRC — which was created by Labour but implemented by the Coalition — as “complex and bureaucratic”. One accused ministers of swinging “a big hammer” at companies and questioned whether it would have any environmental benefits.

Business facing a wave of green taxes - Telegraph

So as skepticism rises over the entire "Global Warming" scheme we see that the global marxists are marching forward in their capitalism killing measures. Although this is taking place in the UK, look for similar taxes to reach our shores killing more business, and putting more people out of work, and dependent on the government just as the global marxists want it.

How can we be so stupid as to let this happen? When will we wake up to the con job perpetrated on us by the GW fanatics?

j-mac

So, doing harmful things is OK during a recession? IS that what you're saying?

Yea because the smartest thing to do when your economy is tanking its to add more taxes. :roll:

Not sure taxes matters one way or another, but that doesn't really answer the question.

So, doing harmful things is OK during a recession? IS that what you're saying?

What "harmful" things will be abated by adding more taxes and fees? Earning wealth?

j-mac

What "harmful" things will be abated by adding more taxes and fees? Earning wealth?

j-mac

You don't want the taxes, don't do the things that harm the enviornment, right? So, they don't have to be taxed. They can simply comply, right?

You don't want the taxes, don't do the things that harm the enviornment, right? So, they don't have to be taxed. They can simply comply, right?

Like what Boo? You didn't answer the question. What things? Turn on the lights? Fire up the grill? What?

j-mac

Like what Boo? You didn't answer the question. What things? Turn on the lights? Fire up the grill? What?

j-mac

j-mac

I'm sorry, I assumed you read your own article:

The scheme is intended to create a financial incentive to cut energy use, and those organisations that record the biggest reductions will get bonuses, funded by penalties imposed on those with the worst record.

I know you've heard of carbon dioxide emissions. So, why are you asking a silly question?

Now, get back to the issue. They don't pay any tax if they comply, right?

I'm sorry, I assumed you read your own article:

I know you've heard of carbon dioxide emissions. So, why are you asking a silly question?

Now, get back to the issue. They don't pay any tax if they comply, right?

Oh I get it, it can only come through the force of government taxation. GAWD! When will you liberals learn to stay out of our wallets.

j-mac

Oh I get it, it can only come through the force of government taxation. GAWD! When will you liberals learn to stay out of our wallets.

j-mac

Has it come otherwise? If it has, then no none will be taxed, right?

Has it come otherwise? If it has, then no none will be taxed, right?

I can think of another way if liberals, and GW nutjobs were really serious....Incentives. But NO. The only thing you authoritarians can fall back on is force, especially when it is a debunked theory like GW.

j-mac

I can think of another way if liberals, and GW nutjobs were really serious....Incentives. But NO. The only thing you authoritarians can fall back on is force, especially when it is a debunked theory like GW.

j-mac

Taxes are an incentive. Read your article. ;)

But again, all they have to do is comply. If they do, no tax, right?

Taxes are an incentive. Read your article. ;)

But again, all they have to do is comply. If they do, no tax, right?

it is Cap and Tax pure and simple. but you are correct compliance would mean no fines. But that doesn't leave them out of buying the credits in the first place, or the fine if they fail to register with the entity. Which the article say this about that.....

Missing the Sept 30 deadline will mean an immediate £5,000 fine, and £500 for each day after that, up to a maximum of £45,000.

Another 15,000 smaller organisations are also required to register and could be expected to buy permits in the future. If they miss the September deadline, they face fines of £500.

WSP Environment & Energy, a consultancy firm, estimated that a total of 7,500 businesses would miss the deadline.

Greg Barker, the energy and climate change minister, who is overseeing the scheme said yesterday: “I understand the original complexity of the scheme may have deterred some organisations and I want to hear suggestions as to how we can make the scheme simpler in the future.”

Executives and business groups said that the scheme had been poorly communicated and publicised, leaving many companies in the dark.

One recent survey suggested that 53 per cent of executives had not even heard of the CRC and did not know whether their firm was affected.

The Environment Agency, which will run the scheme for the Government, has refused even to publish a list of the companies that are required to register.

The Coalition is pressing ahead with the CRC despite Conservative pledges to cut red-tape on businesses.

Business groups said the paperwork and costs involved in complying with the CRC scheme could put a significant new burden on companies already struggling in an uncertain economic climate. The Bank of England is expected to underline fears about the economy today with forecasts for faltering economic growth and persistent inflation.

so let's get this straight....The companies that are supposed to register, and buy credits, or face fines, have not been told that they need to do such by the government agency in charge of this scheme, and then when they don't they will be fined, and taxed. Wow. How wonderful is that?

Oh and let's not forget the increased pricing that will be passed along by this crap. sounds like it is just set up for success doesn't it?

j-mac

it is Cap and Tax pure and simple. but you are correct compliance would mean no fines. But that doesn't leave them out of buying the credits in the first place, or the fine if they fail to register with the entity. Which the article say this about that.....

so let's get this straight....The companies that are supposed to register, and buy credits, or face fines, have not been told that they need to do such by the government agency in charge of this scheme, and then when they don't they will be fined, and taxed. Wow. How wonderful is that?

Oh and let's not forget the increased pricing that will be passed along by this crap. sounds like it is just set up for success doesn't it?

j-mac

The choice is theirs. If they don't use enough carbons, they don't have to buy anything. The choice is theirs. They are not required to use carbons. And as this isn't new, we see business has made little to no effort to reduce on their own, right? hence, need for action.

As for passing on, likley. Or they could comply. or go out of business. or pay more. Or take in less profit. The choice is theirs.

The choice is theirs. If they don't use enough carbons, they don't have to buy anything. The choice is theirs. They are not required to use carbons. And as this isn't new, we see business has made little to no effort to reduce on their own, right? hence, need for action.

What need for action? Global Warming based on carbon emissions is a hoax. It is a taxation scheme pure and simple.

As for passing on, likley. Or they could comply. or go out of business. or pay more. Or take in less profit. The choice is theirs.

Arghhhh! You liberals are something else! Destroying the world one piece at a time.

j-mac

What need for action? Global Warming based on carbon emissions is a hoax. It is a taxation scheme pure and simple.

Arghhhh! You liberals are something else! Destroying the world one piece at a time.

j-mac

I'm not going to argue your faith with you. We've been down that road. But, as the UK accepts the need for change, and have asked for, and business has not complied, then action is required. Again, business is afforded a choice here.

It is not very often that businesses and individuals will change harmful ways unless some incentive is given to do so.

I think its fair enough, get a bonus for being greener, even if there is no global warming, sure wouldn't hurt to treat the earth a little better eh? ;)

I'm not going to argue your faith with you. We've been down that road. But, as the UK accepts the need for change, and have asked for, and business has not complied, then action is required. Again, business is afforded a choice here.

My Faith? Oh that's a rich one there Joe.....It is well known the characteristics of a religion that Global Warming takes on, now you try and co opt that to use yourself.

I am not surprised that once again your disingenuousness shows through.

j-mac

It is not very often that businesses and individuals will change harmful ways unless some incentive is given to do so.

I think its fair enough, get a bonus for being greener, even if there is no global warming, sure wouldn't hurt to treat the earth a little better eh? ;)

Sure, I am an 'all the above' guy. But tell me, how will piling more taxes, and greater costs to everything improve our economic situation at this time?

j-mac

One day. Those who were Global Warming deniers shall be cursed for centuries after all this.

You know if we had begun to sort this out even 10 years ago... we'd be on the right track by now. But nope, we delay, we deny, we say it'll cost too much.

I hear alot of people say "I want my kids to have the same oppertunities I did, to grow up in a great country blah blah blah..."

Well how ****ing great is anything gonna be when our environment is completely screwed, crops can't grow on the majority of the worlds surface and sea levels have wiped out the vast majority of the worlds cities because we built them on the coast.

Derp Derp derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

My Faith? Oh that's a rich one there Joe.....It is well known the characteristics of a religion that Global Warming takes on, now you try and co opt that to use yourself.

I am not surprised that once again your disingenuousness shows through.

j-mac

:lamo

As I said, we've been down this road.

As to the point, business has options, right?

One day. Those who were Global Warming deniers shall be cursed for centuries after all this.

You know if we had begun to sort this out even 10 years ago... we'd be on the right track by now. But nope, we delay, we deny, we say it'll cost too much.

I hear alot of people say "I want my kids to have the same oppertunities I did, to grow up in a great country blah blah blah..."

Well how ****ing great is anything gonna be when our environment is completely screwed, crops can't grow on the majority of the worlds surface and sea levels have wiped out the vast majority of the worlds cities because we built them on the coast.

Derp Derp derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp Derp

Wonderful....There is the favorite term of the totalitarians pushing the GW myth....The use of the word "deniers" meant to conjure up visions of the same type of lunatics that deny the Holocaust is a disgusting word play, and borders hate speech to me.

This world has been around for billions of years, and will be here long after we are gone. I like this summation:

All that remains in the mean time is for liberals to figure out a way to rob more of your income, and control you.

j-mac

Back
Top Bottom