• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Business facing a wave of green taxes

/facepalm

btw big fan of George Carlin. Problem is in this case he's not a environmental expert ;)

Look choose want you want to believe. It isn't about robbing you, maybe in the US it is, but thats why you need better government, not the same 2 jackasses over and over.

But you're seriously underestimating the impact we have on the planet. Its ****ing huge!

Wonderful....There is the favorite term of the totalitarians pushing the GW myth....The use of the word "deniers" meant to conjure up visions of the same type of lunatics that deny the Holocaust is a disgusting word play, and borders hate speech to me.

This world has been around for billions of years, and will be here long after we are gone. I like this summation:

All that remains in the mean time is for liberals to figure out a way to rob more of your income, and control you.

j-mac

I think you missed Carlin's point. The Earth will survive; we won't. ;)

big fan of George Carlin. Problem is in this case he's not a environmental expert ;)

And Al (feel my groin) Gore is? :lamo

Look choose want you want to believe. It isn't about robbing you, maybe in the US it is, but thats why you need better government, not the same 2 jackasses over and over.

On that we agree, and I hope that changes this cycle.

But you're seriously underestimating the impact we have on the planet. Its ****ing huge!

Says who? those being paid by the Enviro lobby?

j-mac

And Al (feel my groin) Gore is? :lamo

I never said anything about him, but hey thinks for bringing up your hero, I know you love him ;)

Says who? those being paid by the Enviro lobby?

j-mac

Says all reasonable people and research. This isn't some kind of global conspiracy, it's the real thing. Our Earth is changing, and not for the better, and we're causing it.

The choice is theirs. If they don't use enough carbons, they don't have to buy anything. The choice is theirs. They are not required to use carbons. And as this isn't new, we see business has made little to no effort to reduce on their own, right? hence, need for action.

As for passing on, likley. Or they could comply. or go out of business. or pay more. Or take in less profit. The choice is theirs.

This is absurd. Taxed on using 'carbons'. Come ON. I mean I know you weren't really referring to the actual taxation of 'carbons' but it just sounds rediculous and silly.

J-mac. You are 100% wrong to worry about the businesses. They're just going to pass it on to the consumers. Worry about the consumers. I'm gonna go live in antarctica I think. These rediculous taxes piss me way the hell off.

the COST of complying will drive marginal businesses (and who these days isn't marginal?) OUT OF OPERATION

hello

as obvious as two plus two...

I got news for ya Joe.....Everything dies....It's a cycle.

j-mac

No need to help our death along. Committing suicde is a needless cyle.

This is absurd. Taxed on using 'carbons'. Come ON. I mean I know you weren't really referring to the actual taxation of 'carbons' but it just sounds rediculous and silly.

J-mac. You are 100% wrong to worry about the businesses. They're just going to pass it on to the consumers. Worry about the consumers. I'm gonna go live in antarctica I think. These rediculous taxes piss me way the hell off.

So, your complaint is with my phrasology? Noted.

Enjoy the cooler weather. :wave

So, your complaint is with my phrasology? Noted.

Enjoy the cooler weather. :wave

Glad you noted it. I don't know what classes you took in college but after 2 semesters of organic chemistry (essentially carbon chemistry) the notion of taxing carbon just comes off as silly, kind of like taxing oxygen or hydrogen. Wasn't anything big; it just cracked me right the hell up.

I left most of my other arguments out because you and I both know that we won't agree on any methodology when it comes to greener practices. This is largely due to the fact that you're wrong and I'm right :)

Glad you noted it. I don't know what classes you took in college but after 2 semesters of organic chemistry (essentially carbon chemistry) the notion of taxing carbon just comes off as silly, kind of like taxing oxygen or hydrogen. Wasn't anything big; it just cracked me right the hell up.

I left most of my other arguments out because you and I both know that we won't agree on any methodology when it comes to greener practices. This is largely due to the fact that you're wrong and I'm right :)

:lamo

I give you credit. I enjoyed that.

Back
Top Bottom