• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush's Third Term; Could It Happen?

Could a 3rd Bush Term Happen?

• Yes

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

Loxd4

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Ok, there is a bill in congress right now as we speak that want to repeall the 22nd Amendment to the Constitution, so a president can run for a thrid time in the time of war. I know Clinton and Regan try this and both were more popular than bush. Do you think this may pass it today day and time.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.J.RES.24.IH:

Sorrry....Forgot to add the polls onto....just leave you comment!?!

Loxd4 said:
Bush's Third Term; Could It Happen?

not a chance. there's not enough push for it.

if any amendments are coming in the near future, they will probably be related to either the budget, abortion, or gay marriage. those seem to be the hot topics right now.

No, it won't happen. Putting aside the question of whether this amendment is a good idea, it would be very unpopular politically. Any amendment to allow "the president" to run for office as many times as he likes, would understandably be interpreted as "George Bush." And with his approval rating hovering around 40%, it's not going to happen.

Kandahar said:
No, it won't happen. Putting aside the question of whether this amendment is a good idea, it would be very unpopular politically. Any amendment to allow "the president" to run for office as many times as he likes, would understandably be interpreted as "George Bush." And with his approval rating hovering around 40%, it's not going to happen.

Not going to happen nor should it..........

It cant happen. That amendment cant be overturned to benefit a sitting president. Rush Limbaugh said Clinton would find a way to stay in office after his term was up, and this is just the other side doing the same thing.

If you cant get it done in 8 years 4 more wont help.

Can you change your party and run again? Run as an IND?

Even if it were to be repealed, people wouldn't be stupid enough to vote bush in again

Polish Rob said:
Even if it were to be repealed, people wouldn't be stupid enough to vote bush in again

Isn't that what they said after his first term in office???

Loxd4 said:
Isn't that what they said after his first term in office???

That is exactly what the left said............

[mod mode]

Poll added. Happy voting.

[/mod mode]

It's possible that Bush will be president after the next election, and his name is Jeb!

KCConservative said:
It's possible that Bush will be president after the next election, and his name is Jeb!

I like it, he is the smartest and the most conservative one in the whole family.........

KCConservative said:

Meh, I doubt it. Americans are wary of dynasties. Besides, Jeb is hardly the best candidate (or even the most electable candidate) the GOP can field in 2008.

Polish Rob said:

When democrats have people like John Kerry run for office it is kind of hard to not vote for Bush.Would like a Blue Falcon/buddy ****er like John Kerry who lied against his fellow soldiers and said "The country doesn't know it yet, but it has created a monster,a monster in the form of millions of men who have been taught to deal and to trade in violence, and who are given the chance to die for the biggest nothing in history". or would you rather have a former national guard soldier like Bush on office.

Kandahar said:
Meh, I doubt it. Americans are wary of dynasties. Besides, Jeb is hardly the best candidate (or even the most electable candidate) the GOP can field in 2008.

He is actually a perfect candidate.........A true Christian Conservative who is much more intelligent then his brother...............

Navy Pride said:
I like it, he is the smartest and the most conservative one in the whole family.........

Well that doesn't say much :roll:

Polish Rob said:
Well that doesn't say much :roll:

You would have probably voted for Kerry if you were old enough to vote.......;)

Polish Rob said:

I don't know about that. They were stupid enough to send his son to Washington - TWICE!

Polish Rob said:
See: John Kerry.

The democratic mistake of the century.

Well, he was the first candidate of the century, so I'm sure they'll be able to find someone worse in the future. Isn't Hillary planning on running in 2008?

KCConservative said:

God! I hope not. I like bush as much as the next man, but I think that we need to get the razor out if that becomes even a remote possibility.

After the disaster that Roosevelt was, for three and a half terms, I don't think we have to worry about ever getting a three termer in office again.

You cannot repeal an amendment w/ an act of congress.

In any event, as we have been told for more than 5 years, Bush wasn't elected in 2000 -- and so he can run for a third term in 2008.

While the current President is far from the ideal three-termer, I do believe that the 22nd Amendment-- and the concept of term limits-- is an inexcusable violation of the basic principle of representative government.

Bush should be able to run for a third term, and Schwarzenegger should eventually be allowed to run-- even if I wouldn't care to vote for either of them.

Polish Rob said:
See: John Kerry.
The democratic mistake of the century.

Yeah - because there have been sooo many Presidential elections this century.

And the Dems would NEVER nominte someone like him again... :rofl

Back
Top Bottom