• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush's Own Church Turns on Him

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The United Methodist Council has passed a resolution calling for Bush to pull our troops out of Iraq. In the statement, the council has professed the following:

1) That the Iraq war is tragic and unjust.

As people of faith, we raise our voice in protest against the tragedy of the unjust war in Iraq

2) That the Iraq war was waged on false premises.

3) That thousands of lives have been lost, and untold billions of dollars spent unneccessarily on a needless war.

The council has also passed a second resolution calling for an inquiry into our leaders' support of the torture of prisoners.

You can read the complete statement of the United Methodist Church Council here.

danarhea said:
The United Methodist Council has passed a resolution calling for Bush to pull our troops out of Iraq. In the statement, the council has professed the following:

3) That thousands of lives have been lost, and untold billions of dollars spent unneccessarily on a needless war.

The council has also passed a second resolution calling for an inquiry into our leaders' support of the torture of prisoners.

You can read the complete statement of the United Methodist Church Council here.

Hey Dan, I see you're still busy trying to destroy the evil "neo cons", how's that coming along old friend? Oh, and by the by, nice signature you've got there.;)

Deegan said:
Hey Dan, I see you're still busy trying to destroy the evil "neo cons", how's that coming along old friend? Oh, and by the by, nice signature you've got there.;)

Nice of you to give me credit for trying to destroy the Bushneviks, but as you can plainly see, they dont need my help. They are destroying themselves perfectly on their own. :lol:

As for the sig you are giving me credit for, well...... Yea, I'll take the credit, dammit. :rofl

danarhea said:

If this is true I would not be suprised.Before the war started even the Pope was speaking out against it and rightly so.Do you realize that if this was supported by any Christian organization it would turn it into a Holy War? Christians vs. Muslims, what a scary thought. I say this as a major supporter of the Iraq war, the troops, and the President.I am proud of PRES. Bush. It takes a good leader to do what is right inspite of his critics.----Nice tag line I do a good Butthead imitation. Uuuhh,..Hhuh.huh.huh Shut up Beavis..Hhuh.huh

America staggers with debt approaching 10 trillion$
there is an economic catastrophe about to befall us and still people wander in the dark
IRAQ is the dumbest ever war undertaken by Americans
it is the epitome of stupidity to support this war
America is creating more terrorists world wide then they can ever kill each day
Americans are stuck in North America any travel abroad is risky they are hunting you down and exterminating you if you travel abroad

and it is your arrogant ways and war on civilians that has made this so

if you travel to Europe slap a Candain flag on your luggage
or you went get back alive
:3oops:

I agree with nearly everything you stated. Of course we're the most arrogant nation in the world, no one wants to f*** with us directly. Sure, you can insinuate you snide little political comments and futile accusations. Threatening death to traveling Americans is so nobel, but we're just arrogant, stupid Americans, unparalled in contrast to the great thinking and history of the Canadian nation. Maybe I am a little too emotional on this subject, but it angers me how America has become a scapegoat for the whole world (oh, and in Amecrica, won't is spelled W O N ' T,).

Canuck said:
America staggers with debt approaching 10 trillion$
there is an economic catastrophe about to befall us and still people wander in the dark
IRAQ is the dumbest ever war undertaken by Americans
it is the epitome of stupidity to support this war
America is creating more terrorists world wide then they can ever kill each day
Americans are stuck in North America any travel abroad is risky they are hunting you down and exterminating you if you travel abroad

and it is your arrogant ways and war on civilians that has made this so

if you travel to Europe slap a Candain flag on your luggage
or you went get back alive
:3oops:
I'll say it again.OUR MILITARY IS NOT ATTACKING CIVILIANS!! THERE IS NO war on civilians. The terrorist was multiplying in the Clinton admin when nothing was being done. Action DOES NOT cause more enemies.

alienken said:
I'll say it again.OUR MILITARY IS NOT ATTACKING CIVILIANS!! THERE IS NO war on civilians. The terrorist was multiplying in the Clinton admin when nothing was being done. Action DOES NOT cause more enemies.
Of course our military is not attacking civilians. They are just killing them, that's all. I guess that justifies it.:(

KCConservative said:
hate thread. let it die.

Holy war, Batman. You just revived the thread.

But seriously. Are you calling the United Methodist Church, which happens to be the church that Bush is a member of, hateful? Jeez, what will you say next next? Looks like you have played into the hands of that evil arch-villian known as Jesus Christ, the enemy of all that is good, not to mention politically correct, who is known for condemning good hypocrites like yourself to the bowels of hell.

OK, I have had my bit of fun with you. Time to put you on my ignore list, where you belong. Adios, chump!! :lol:

danarhea said:
Holy war, Batman. You just revived the thread.

But seriously. Are you calling the United Methodist Church, which happens to be the church that Bush is a member of, hateful? Jeez, what will you say next next? Looks like you have played into the hands of that evil arch-villian known as Jesus Christ, the enemy of all that is good, not to mention politically correct, who is known for condemning good hypocrites like yourself to the bowels of hell.

OK, I have had my bit of fun with you. Time to put you on my ignore list, where you belong. Adios, chump!! :lol:

No, I was calling you hateful.

Back
Top Bottom