• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush's approval at an all-time low

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Whoa. Things are not looking good for the Bushmeister. 66% of the people polled said that the United States is on the wrong track. He is at the lowest approval rating of his presidency.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9622843/

The trouble is, most of us knew the truth about 5 years ago.

is it any wonder
the man cant even stand up without staggering into a drunken memory lapse
democrats no better
kerry the court jester dean the farmer yahoooo!
the elite need a new face
it is now possible to see that it is the Elite that run the country

it sure aint a drunk a jester or a farmer

Sometimes the right choice is not the most popular at the time. Regan wasn't a very popular president when he was in office. Now, however, he is credited with the fall of the Ussr and died a much more popular and respected president than at the time he left office. If things turn out good in the middle east, 10 years from now I think the majority of Americans will have a very different perception of Bush.

to much haze bud

in ten years america will be weary of the duck and cover drills and too poor to buy duct tape and placstic
and will be weary from the wmds that keep coming at you

in ten years america will be weary of the duck and cover drills and too poor to buy duct tape and placstic

Could you share with me your reasoning behind this statement? Or do you just hit reply and insert random anti-american text.

the reasoning is obvious

wmds are coming the bush team already admited it they cant stop them all
eventuallyits coming
its gona be a big one too

my other statements deal with the fact
America and her companies are teetering on the brink of colapse
your capacity to keep borrowing 500+ billion $ on top of the 7,000+ billion you already owe
and if you add the personal debts of each american
and the fact that 1/3 americans cant afford to pay their share of the debt
and the 2/3 left that can make the payments of some 150,000$ per person
alot of them are the elite that dont pay enough taxes to pay their share of the debt and middle class is disappearing
you are teetering on loan default

you can check my figures if you like
then get back

Predicting an economic fall is a far cry from

america will be weary of the duck and cover drills and too poor to buy duct tape and placstic

If Americas economy crashes the other major countries economy will most likely crash with it. We are in a more and more global dependant economy each day. Even if our economy was isolated and did not effect anyone else, and it crashed, we would still remain one of if not the most powerful nation in the world.

They aren't all aimed at the US.

Bush has failed this country, and I should know, I followed this man through the gates of hell and back!

I am so tired of this administration, I could spit. I cannot begin to express my disappointment with the policy decisions that have come from this body. None of the promises have been kept, besides the war on terror, which I feel is the right thing to do. Still, the energy bill is lacking, welfare spending is up, and not a single spending bill that passed his desk has been challenged, or has a veto been stamped. I guess the last straw was the nomination of Miers, a woman who has done great things, but for no other then herself, her law firm, and the president himself. I cannot believe I am seeing a president so adamant about his base, turn his back so quickly on every single person that has followed him down this path. He pissed off the Hispanics, the religious right, the conservatives, and finally me!

It's getting lower by the day. He should be starting another war anytime soon.

Billo_Really said:

We should have taken Syria, this is in retrospect of course, but I really believe it should have been the next step after Afghan. Iran would have been cut off, as Saddam would have controled his border with them, and then the pressure could have been put on from there. I really do feel I have been played lately, and it sucks!

Bush said "the war on terror would last 10 years or more and have many fronts"

IF you think you are only in iraq your have some heavy insulation from the world friend
either that or your smoking to much whacky tobacco

iran syria north korea phillipines are just a few places where american forces are fighting right now

routine flybys in iran and syria are happening now
your military jets fly intel. missions into iran and syria
itelligence missions have already been set up

Canuck said:

IF you think you are only in iraq your have some heavy insulation from the world friend
either that or your smoking to much whacky tobacco

iran syria north korea phillipines are just a few places where american forces are fighting right now

routine flybys in iran and syria are happening now
your military jets fly intel. missions into iran and syria
itelligence missions have already been set up

That's what I'm talking about. But, I don't think many people realize where this thing is going. Bush is trying to start a ****ing world war.

purplehaze said:
Could you share with me your reasoning behind this statement? Or do you just hit reply and insert random anti-american text.
Excuse me but disagreeing with Bush is NOT anti-American! I think you wrote that comment because the author that you were referring to was from Canada and it angers you that a Canadian is disagreeing with Bush.

Isn't it anti-American to suggest that disagreeing with your government is anti-American? YIKES!

Billo_Really said:
Don't you think it's more than coincidental that as Bush's ratings spiral downward there's another "terror alert" to distract us away from his constant failures? The "Boy Who Cried Wolf" syndrome will come back to haunt us one day when we really are attacked.

Makes me worry what bull$hit crisis he will concoct next week when Karl Rove gets indicted?

Canuck said:
With the way Bush runs the country we probably don't have money for 10 years of war in Iraq. Maybe communist China will raise our credit limit?

Deegan said:
We should have taken Syria, this is in retrospect of course, but I really believe it should have been the next step after Afghan. Iran would have been cut off, as Saddam would have controled his border with them, and then the pressure could have been put on from there. I really do feel I have been played lately, and it sucks!
With all due respect, what right do we have to invade Syria? We do not own this planet, we are not the planet's military police!

Can't you understand that America has become the most hated country on this planet because of Bush and Iraq? That translates into our having created MORE terrorists, not less and more enemies, not less!

Originally Posted by 26 X World Champs:
With all due respect, what right do we have to invade Syria? We do not own this planet, we are not the planet's military police!

Can't you understand that America has become the most hated country on this planet because of Bush and Iraq? That translates into our having created MORE terrorists, not less and more enemies, not less!
What's going to happen if Russia decides to get involved on behalf of Iran or Syria. They already have a military pact with China. So instead of fighting insurgents with RPG's, we are looking at a force that could possibly kick our ass, bigtime. I certainly hope things don't get that far. I don't think they really will since China owns about half this country anyway. But what if.

Originally Posted by 26 X World Champs:
Don't you think it's more than coincidental that as Bush's ratings spiral downward there's another "terror alert" to distract us away from his constant failures? The "Boy Who Cried Wolf" syndrome will come back to haunt us one day when we really are attacked.

Makes me worry what bull$hit crisis he will concoct next week when Karl Rove gets indicted?
I'm kinda hoping America will find its backbone and get this guy in the un-employment line. But we have a pussified Congress with sheeps on both sides of the aisle. And its our fault it got this way. The nice thing is, if were the problem, were also the solution.

ban.the.electoral.college said:
That's what I'm talking about. But, I don't think many people realize where this thing is going. Bush is trying to start a ****ing world war.

shiver me timbers a real american

I remember a quote that my grandfather used to tell me when I was young... I cannot remember if it was from Julius Caesar or another philosopher, but it was: "He who has gained no enemies has achieved nothing at all." (This was the main point, I was paraphrasing). Bush's War on Terror may not seem like the greatest idea at this moment, (although I will not deny that America may have prodded the mother bear with her cubs) but I believe that this war is necessary, and Bush has claimed to have foiled ten plots by Al Qaeda (see here).

Yes, this war will grow if the U.S. angers enough of the Middle East, and it will suffer economically if it does, but we can only hope for the best.

As for the WMD statements here, I do not know if many of you have heard of it, but about 6(?) months ago, the U.S. tested their Laser Missile Defense System and it was successful in stopping/destroying the missile when it was in the air. I believe that America does have a number of defenses for such a case as WMD's attacking the US, but I now that its enemies are very resourceful and will find a way about them eventually. I am not saying that they will fail the first time, it would probably be another September 11th, and they will wisen up after that.

A full-scale war hasn't occured on American soil since the Civil War, even after:

• The Discovery of Flight in 1908
  • World War I
  • World War II
  • Many conflicts in Europe and Asia in which America had no business in
  • The Cold War
  • September 11th, 2001

Most, if not all, Europian countries have been fought on in the last century, and America has not been touched (save for a number of terrorist attacks). Whole countries have been absolutely devastated, many of which had America's involvement. Now after destroying countries and killing thousands, there is a fair amount of pent up anger. We have gone too far in our quest to keep the world peaceful and we are now the cause of it the fighting, and eventually the fighting will reach our homeland. George Washington advised America at the end of his term in office to "avoid the creation of political parties and beware of foreign affairs. This became impossible in the early to mid twentieth century, and after that we took our vision of helping everyone too far, leading us to where we are now. I agree that we should help people, and that what we did was right, but what we did in the past hundred years will be the cause of more death than there would have been if we did not interfere (although the World Wars were definitely our business).

For now, I support Bush and his War on Terrorism.

Last edited:
Im am doing a repost here from the Impeach Bush thread becuase i think it has a realivance here!

In reguards to Bush bringing upon his low approval rating on himself

In some aspects yes, but the way i see it is this.. Now this is ENTIRELY an opinion!

At the beggining of the war, a vast majority of people did support it! The media provided stories about what was going on! Since then, the media and others (including Michael Moore) have set out to deminish the Bush administration, and so far it has worked, mostly becuase Bush is a weak president! The media STRIVES to find stories that demote the administration! What they do bring to the table continues to do this! They have even gone to the level to publish false stories (i.e. Dan rather and Bush's NG service, newsweek and the Koran, and escalating abuses situations [13 at GITMO when technically only 5 so called "abuse" situations happened, though i do not consider them abuse])! Even when the publishers come out and say they were wrong, it still has a drastic impact upon the president, but mainly the soldiers (i.e. 17 killed american soldier due to newsweeks proclaimation). Now take into consideration what going into iraq has benifited us, iraq and the world (i.e. Freedom for iraqi's, toppling a horrendous dictator, taking steps to improve the middle east, ect). How much of that is presented in the media? If the media would promote that, Bush's approval rating would be better than it is! But the media does not care to do that! If media would promote this, our president would be looked upon better, and with more intelligence!

Now take this into Consideration: If Clinton, Gore, or Kerry had done the same thing, The media would not be presenting information like we see now! We probably wouldnt even be getting all aspects of it. When clinton bombed Iraq a day or two before his impeachment (Operation Desert Fox), there was not as much media coverage on that! It could have been the fact that the impeachment was going on, who knows!

The main reason for all this blabber was to say that how we reflect on our president is what the media brings to us! That is why i say Bush didnt bring this upon himself, the media did!

Now some may say the media is a great thing for america, which in theory it is, but nowadays, it isnt! It is more concerned with ratings than True analysis! Today, it is very hard to trust anything that comes out in a national paper, especially if it is political!

AK_Conservative said:
Im am doing a repost here from the Impeach Bush thread becuase i think it has a realivance here!

In reguards to Bush bringing upon his low approval rating on himself

In some aspects yes, but the way i see it is this.. Now this is ENTIRELY an opinion!

At the beggining of the war, a vast majority of people did support it! The media provided stories about what was going on! Since then, the media and others (including Michael Moore) have set out to deminish the Bush administration, and so far it has worked, mostly becuase Bush is a weak president! The media STRIVES to find stories that demote the administration! What they do bring to the table continues to do this! They have even gone to the level to publish false stories (i.e. Dan rather and Bush's NG service, newsweek and the Koran, and escalating abuses situations [13 at GITMO when technically only 5 so called "abuse" situations happened, though i do not consider them abuse])! Even when the publishers come out and say they were wrong, it still has a drastic impact upon the president, but mainly the soldiers (i.e. 17 killed american soldier due to newsweeks proclaimation). Now take into consideration what going into iraq has benifited us, iraq and the world (i.e. Freedom for iraqi's, toppling a horrendous dictator, taking steps to improve the middle east, ect). How much of that is presented in the media? If the media would promote that, Bush's approval rating would be better than it is! But the media does not care to do that! If media would promote this, our president would be looked upon better, and with more intelligence!

Now take this into Consideration: If Clinton, Gore, or Kerry had done the same thing, The media would not be presenting information like we see now! We probably wouldnt even be getting all aspects of it. When clinton bombed Iraq a day or two before his impeachment (Operation Desert Fox), there was not as much media coverage on that! It could have been the fact that the impeachment was going on, who knows!

The main reason for all this blabber was to say that how we reflect on our president is what the media brings to us! That is why i say Bush didnt bring this upon himself, the media did!

Now some may say the media is a great thing for america, which in theory it is, but nowadays, it isnt! It is more concerned with ratings than True analysis! Today, it is very hard to trust anything that comes out in a national paper, especially if it is political!

AK, I agree with you completely. The problem is really that the media in America is all for MONEY, not the truth, not the people, not the world. We cannot violate the Bill of Rights by silencing the lies in the media, therefore it seems that there will not be much truth in the media until more morally-inclined people come into high positions in media companies. Personally, I like to look at all of the sources possible before buying into something, seeing how corrupt the media is.

Excuse me but disagreeing with Bush is NOT anti-American!

Isn't it anti-American to suggest that disagreeing with your government is anti-American? YIKES!

Um, I never said it is anti-american to disagree with the policy of those in charge. I disagree with Bush on a lot of issues, but I support continued focus on Iraq. If you read what I was responding to and the types of things that person usually says I think that point is obvious.

american natl gaurd are not real soldiers
they are weekend warrior paint ball boys
trying to do a man's job

dont tempt us
when the black watchman comes
you will here bagpipes and be stunned
lulled into a sleep of apathy
while all your cities errupt into flame you will be sending the missles to ruusia
and other parts of the world
while our diplomats tell you its terrorists
when the plug gets pulled your lights will go out
have no doubt

the elite soldiers in the Canadian un regimental brigade are flawless
they will make the natl gaurd look like thegangster kids that they are

Those are all just from one thread I don't feel like searching for more statements since its 9am and I haven't been to sleep yet. Besides I doubt canuck would deny being anti-American. To clarify I was referring to the individual, not any who disagree with Iraq or the president. Dissent and debate are critical to democracy.

I think you wrote that comment because the author that you were referring to was from Canada and it angers you that a Canadian is disagreeing with Bush.

No.

Back
Top Bottom