• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush's approval at an all-time low

Ixen said:
I remember a quote that my grandfather used to tell me when I was young... I cannot remember if it was from Julius Caesar or another philosopher, but it was: "He who has gained no enemies has achieved nothing at all." (This was the main point, I was paraphrasing). Bush's War on Terror may not seem like the greatest idea at this moment, (although I will not deny that America may have prodded the mother bear with her cubs) but I believe that this war is necessary, and Bush has claimed to have foiled ten plots by Al Qaeda (see here).

Yes, this war will grow if the U.S. angers enough of the Middle East, and it will suffer economically if it does, but we can only hope for the best.

As for the WMD statements here, I do not know if many of you have heard of it, but about 6(?) months ago, the U.S. tested their Laser Missile Defense System and it was successful in stopping/destroying the missile when it was in the air. I believe that America does have a number of defenses for such a case as WMD's attacking the US, but I now that its enemies are very resourceful and will find a way about them eventually. I am not saying that they will fail the first time, it would probably be another September 11th, and they will wisen up after that.

For now, I support Bush and his War on Terrorism.

All North AMERICANS agree ! with the war on terrorism ,!
You would be hard pressed to find one that didn't.But we need to know who the terrorists are ,not go bashing the domino nations of the middle east without justification not like cowbows ,from the ok coral, crawford texas !

china and russia are not weak nations that america is led to believe

On Iraq "there is no correlation between Al queda and Iraq"
~U.S. congress of the united states of america ~

do you not believe your own REPUBLICAN run congress
***polls: bush on the war 37% support ***

Ixen
As for the WMD statements here, I do not know if many of you have heard of it, but about 6(?) months ago, the U.S. tested their Laser Missile Defense System and it was successful in stopping/destroying the missile when it was in the air

This doesn't mean much considering terrorist orginizations will not send missles over. If we do get attacked with a WMD from terrorists (not a country) it will be hand held and smuggled into the US, not shot from overseas.

Canuck
china and russia are not weak nations that america is led to believe

Which matters why?

Ixen said:
As for the WMD statements here, I do not know if many of you have heard of it, but about 6(?) months ago, the U.S. tested their Laser Missile Defense System and it was successful in stopping/destroying the missile when it was in the air. I believe that America does have a number of defenses for such a case as WMD's attacking the US, but I now that its enemies are very resourceful and will find a way about them eventually. I am not saying that they will fail the first time, it would probably be another September 11th, and they will wisen up after that.

I'd be interested in seeing a link for this, because all the research I've done indicates the only success has come when we put tracking devices inside the missiles...hardly something we can expect an enemy of the U.S. to do. And a previous poster was correct...we do not need to be spending billions on missile defense when our borders are open sieves.

We've wasted billions on Star Wars...something that will never protect us.

Hoot said:
I'd be interested in seeing a link for this, because all the research I've done indicates the only success has come when we put tracking devices inside the missiles...hardly something we can expect an enemy of the U.S. to do. And a previous poster was correct...we do not need to be spending billions on missile defense when our borders are open sieves.

I'm sorry, I couldn't find the link after searching MSN news for a while. I'll keep looking around, and if I find a link I'll post it here. I had it on favorites, but then I had to wipe out my computer due to a virus.

this is the most current I could find:

U.S. Missile Defense Test Fails
Latest Setback in Pacific Fuels Doubts About System's Future

By Bradley Graham
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, December 16, 2004; Page A05

The Bush administration's effort to build a system for defending the country against ballistic missile attack suffered an embarrassing setback yesterday when an interceptor missile failed to launch during the first flight test of the system in two years.

Pentagon officials could not immediately explain the reason for the failure. They said some kind of anomaly prompted the automatic shutdown of the launch sequence just 23 seconds before the interceptor was due to take off from the Marshall Islands in the Pacific. Plans had called for the interceptor to soar into space and knock down a mock warhead fired from Kodiak Island in Alaska about 16 minutes earlier.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A700-2004Dec15.html

But I have never seen a succesful test of the system in the media....unless ithe target was totally controlled from the ground.

Hoot said:

Okay, after searching for Ballistic Missle Defense I found this site. I was mistaken it seems, this was a missle defense system, and the other news story that I read months ago must have been about tracking through lasers or something of that matter.

Personally, I believe that a Laser Defense System really may help us one day. Answer me this: what is the one thing that a laser is guaranteed to always have? Precision. This guarantees that if we know where our target is, then we can hit it, and hit it perfectly. With our technology today, we could probably locate a missle in the air easily and take it down with Laser Defense.

As for getting the missles across the border, yes I do realize that it is likely that enemies of America WILL try to get them across the border instead of through the air. This could very well be our weakest point of defense, our borders. It is peculiar that the terrorists have not tried to smuggle many dangerous things into our borders yet (although they may have and we may not know it).

Ixen said:
Okay, after searching for Ballistic Missle Defense I found this site. I was mistaken it seems, this was a missle defense system, and the other news story that I read months ago must have been about tracking through lasers or something of that matter.

Personally, I believe that a Laser Defense System really may help us one day. Answer me this: what is the one thing that a laser is guaranteed to always have? Precision. This guarantees that if we know where our target is, then we can hit it, and hit it perfectly. With our technology today, we could probably locate a missle in the air easily and take it down with Laser Defense.

As for getting the missles across the border, yes I do realize that it is likely that enemies of America WILL try to get them across the border instead of through the air. This could very well be our weakest point of defense, our borders. It is peculiar that the terrorists have not tried to smuggle many dangerous things into our borders yet (although they may have and we may not know it).

there is no laser defense system with out canada remember

and we dont deal ,with war criminals ,and drunken elephants ,that stagger into memory lapses .we will turn the key off

Last edited:
aps said:
Whoa. Things are not looking good for the Bushmeister. 66% of the people polled said that the United States is on the wrong track. He is at the lowest approval rating of his presidency.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9622843/

Who CARES? Yes, ...everybody KNOWS that liberals LOVE polls, ..& everybody ALSO knows that their helpful media friends loves manipulating the polls to help empower the liberals.

Guess what, ...Bush is NOT running for office again; & in spite of the manufactured "tainted" polls he is STILL more preferable than the whacko, kook fringe liberals who cannot even campaign on who they really are, & what they really believe in!

The democrats have offered NOTHING to help enhance their own political stature except this:

Bush is a war monger, a hater, a racist, a terrorist himself, a liar etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc!

The democratic party defined itself long ago. They were NOTHING then, & they continue to be NOTHING now!

The dems will need far more than all that, as well as the phoney stolen election charges, & other hackneyed conspiracy charges to help empower themselves!

So.......does it really matter what those polls indicate; ..I think not!:2razz:

Polls are liberal inventions that help make liberals feel good about themselves after they have already gotten the crap kicked out of themselves.

But..doesn't polls give them hope though..huh huh? Almost like the PHONEY Kerry exit polls meant to help SWAY undecided voters into believing that Kerry was the overwhelming favorite. (a little fraudulent media help there too)

Just like the fraudulent, & forged so called Bush authentic military documents; ..intended to influence the 04' election!

Lord, ..it must really suck being a democrat today. Hey, ...maybe we could take a poll on that observation!:smile:

:lol: ................

Attachments

• BushRatingJpg.jpg
    BushRatingJpg.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 15
aps said:
Whoa. Things are not looking good for the Bushmeister. 66% of the people polled said that the United States is on the wrong track. He is at the lowest approval rating of his presidency.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9622843/

Somehow this is not a suprise. Considering the fact that Bush didn't even have the majority of the nation's vote five years ago, and the stellar job he has done since he has been in office...I could have never seen this coming.

getinvolved said:
Somehow this is not a suprise. Considering the fact that Bush didn't even have the majority of the nation's vote five years ago, and the stellar job he has done since he has been in office...I could have never seen this coming.

america the nazis

bush appointed as president by the courts circa 2000
criminals take control of presidency while the ninteno crowd
stands agape

getinvolved said:

Well, to refute your first statement, the majority vote does not win an election! The electoral college votes for the president! We initially do not even vote for a president. We vote for a voter that almost certainty will vote for whichever candidate we chose, though they could change their mind! But dont wannt get into a debate about that.. just clarifying!

Canuck said:
america the nazis

stands agape

To compare america to nazis is down right foolish! There is not a single ounce of credibility to the statement! Where have we acted like nazi's? Criminals do not take control of the presidential office, though a couple have committed criminal acts (i.e. Nixon and Clinton) while in office. No evidence supports bush being a criminal, especially a war criminal! SADDAM committed many criminal acts while he was dictator of iraq! around 40 times he used gas against his people was it? Saddam needed to be taken out, no matter what the reason is behind the war, saying Saddam Hussien in power still in power is a good thing is ridiculousness!

Canuck said:
america the nazis

stands agape

Pray tell... please provide a link to the court decision which "appointed"
(your words, not mine) Bush president in 2000.

Another misconception compliments of a pervasive, inaccurate press.
Check the recounts. The same media spewing and spinning this ridiculous
fairy tale held their own recounts. Guess what? Bush won again. Odd...
they didn't find any disenfranchised [sic] voters, black or white, and
no ballots were missing. Hmmm....:spin:

Back
Top Bottom