• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Worse than you think

hard rain coming downtown USA

Its a list of terrorist organizations. So what?

But I did find it interesting that one of the terrorist organizations was Ansar al-Islam: Consisting of what they call Arabs and Kurds. Kinda funny aren't we supposed to be allied with the Kurds?! Aren't they supposed to be the people who Saddam was so horrible to that they are fully supporting our war in Iraq? Interesting. . .

FinnMacCool said:
Its a list of terrorist organizations. So what?

But I did find it interesting that one of the terrorist organizations was Ansar al-Islam: Consisting of what they call Arabs and Kurds. Kinda funny aren't we supposed to be allied with the Kurds?! Aren't they supposed to be the people who Saddam was so horrible to that they are fully supporting our war in Iraq? Interesting. . .
CLUE
are you not in a war against terrorists all terrorists

Congratulations, you have fallen for "The Bait and Switch!" :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NOW YOU CAN'T TELL ME YOU DON'T KNOW TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But good points that Bush is only focusing on one Terrorist orgazation.

If Bush focused on every single terrorist organization he would have to spend more money, and then the liberals would cry even more. You guys just want to set him up for failure. You can't have it both ways.

JKD COBRA said:
If Bush focused on every single terrorist organization he would have to spend more money, and then the liberals would cry even more. You guys just want to set him up for failure. You can't have it both ways.
We don't have to set him up for failure, he has done that himself.

Old and wise said:
I am sorry, but the facts do not support that statement.

When you look at things without being biased, and you really look at the true facts, it is clear that our President IS successful.

But all I have to do is read the first line in your signature to understand who you are. You will never be able to honestly evaluate our President. Your own words that you are so proud of prove that your posts are always going to be biased.

For some reason, you want this country to fail. You want our President to fail. You want us to fail in Iraq. You want our economy to fail. You want us to be beaten by the rest of the world. And why? Because you think that we are the enemy. I don't think I will ever understand that mentality.

Bush is fighting a war against al-Qaeda. Now some countries have already had Anti-Terrorism forces, but too bad we never caught on earlier. But now that we are in the fight, we should run from it like cowards and hope it all goes away.

Burns are you kidding me? We've always had an anti terrorism unit. Several in fact.

When you look at things without being biased, and you really look at the true facts, it is clear that our President IS successful.

But all I have to do is read the first line in your signature to understand who you are. You will never be able to honestly evaluate our President. Your own words that you are so proud of prove that your posts are always going to be biased.

For some reason, you want this country to fail. You want our President to fail. You want us to fail in Iraq. You want our economy to fail. You want us to be beaten by the rest of the world. And why? Because you think that we are the enemy. I don't think I will ever understand that mentality.

You know why you'll never understand it? Cause its not true. And you know its not true also. How can you possibly claim that you know mroe about Oldandwise motivations then I know about yours? Isn't it more possible that he is simply a concerned american who is excercising his freedom of speech that Bush is now trying to take away while supposedly defening our freedom in Iraq as well? Even though I don't agree with president Bush and I don't agree with the War in Iraq, I still want my country to win cause its still my country.

And also, the president is NOT doing a good job and most conservatives know this. The only thing Bush did that was ever really good was to pick us up after 9/11 but its just a shame that he only used this to his political advantage.

Also stop trying to act so self righteous cause you know absolutely nothing about your political opponents.

Dissent does not equal disloyalty.

Last edited:
FinnMacCool said:
Burns are you kidding me? We've always had an anti terrorism unit. Several in fact.

You know why you'll never understand it? Cause its not true. And you know its not true also. How can you possibly claim that you know mroe about Oldandwise motivations then I know about yours? Isn't it more possible that he is simply a concerned american who is excercising his freedom of speech that Bush is now trying to take away while supposedly defening our freedom in Iraq as well? Even though I don't agree with president Bush and I don't agree with the War in Iraq, I still want my country to win cause its still my country.

And also, the president is NOT doing a good job and most conservatives know this. The only thing Bush did that was ever really good was to pick us up after 9/11 but its just a shame that he only used this to his political advantage.

Also stop trying to act so self righteous cause you know absolutely nothing about your political opponents.

Dissent does not equal disloyalty.
I know alot about my politcal opponents, but that should be the least of your worries because your debating me NOT THEM! BUT YOUR POST DOES SHOW THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME!!!!!!!! And about those so called Anti-Terrorist forces WTF? You tell me we have many "Anti-Terrorist" forces, and yet name not even one? And BTW stop combinding posts? You responded to JKD COBRA's post NOT MINE! And I think we all should admire your cowardness, especially when it comes to defending your credibility FinnMacCool!

The post you debated?
JKD COBRA said:

Originally Posted by Old and wise

Last edited:
JKD COBRA said:

You have 35 posts and you're making that assessment of Old and Wise based upon that one statement he made? How ignorant are you? You can think that this president is successful, but some of us can think otherwise.

know alot about my politcal opponents, but that should be the least of your worries because your debating me NOT THEM! BUT YOUR POST DOES SHOW THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME!!!!!!!! And about those so called Anti-Terrorist forces WTF? You tell me we have many "Anti-Terrorist" forces, and yet name not even one? And BTW stop combinding posts? You responded to JKD COBRA's post NOT MINE! And I think we all should admire your cowardness, especially when it comes to defending your credibility FinnMacCool!

Can someone tell me what hes trying to say? something about me being a coward and combining threads? :confused:

aps said:
You have 35 posts and you're making that assessment of Old and Wise based upon that one statement he made? How ignorant are you? You can think that this president is successful, but some of us can think otherwise.
Lol, good point.

Reality check: post count means nothing, if a person has over 1,000 posts it doesn't mean he is smart. It means he talks a lot, (or he has been registered for a while).

But in this case, he registered Aug 05, I registered Oct 05. . . .Not much of a difference there, lol. It's not your fault though. I see this happen a lot to other people when they first register. If the other people can't beat them, they fall back on "you have 10 post's and your saying that?" But thats not your fault, your just doing what you can to discredit me. It makes sense. But it doesn't work. So your telling me someone who registered in Oct can't debate with someone who registered in Aug? :rofl

I apologize for being so harsh, but you called me ignorant.

Reality check: post count means nothing, if a person has over 1,000 posts it doesn't mean he is smart. It means he talks a lot, (or he has been registered for a while).

OR it could mean that he has been around longer then you so you have no right to say things like 'you hate america and you do this and you do this and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah' and then you go into your very in depth reasons of why etc. etc. etc. and all this based on just one post.

So your telling me someone who registered in Oct can't debate with someone who registered in Aug?

We're not saying that at all but the fact that you have said stuff like he hates america etc. etc. thats why. You'll find you won't make very many friends on this site if you continue to put liberals into this anti american category. Hell I might disagree with a conservative but I will never group them all in this category of being mindless idiots, though some of them are. And also the fact that your new and your already making these judgments says a lot as well.

Last edited:
OR it could mean that he has been around longer then you so you have no right to say things like 'you hate america and you do this and you do this and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah' and then you go into your very in depth reasons of why etc. etc. etc. and all this based on just one post.
C'mon man, just get over it. It is only a 2 month difference. You can't tell me that since he registered on this particular forum 2 months before me, that it gives him any kind of authority.

We're not saying that at all but the fact that you have said stuff like he hates america etc. etc. thats why. You'll find you won't make very many friends on this site if you continue to put liberals into this anti american category. Hell I might disagree with a conservative but I will never group them all in this category of being mindless idiots, though some of them are. And also the fact that your new and your already making these judgments says a lot as well.
I have never called anyone on this site a mindless idiot. I wouldn't do that. With topics like this, its hard to get your point across without sounding very harsh. I usually just browse the 'todays news' forum, and most of those topics are pretty heated. So I know it sounds like I don't like you, but that is not the case. Actually, I do my best to never call anyone names (unless I am joking around with friends). So far, in all of my debates in person, the person I was debating always started the name calling. I have never been the one that did that. Because if you do, you lost. It proves you can't discuss your ideas, you have to resort to name calling. You have to try and discredit your opponent by calling them an idiot, or racist, or stupid, or whatever. Plus, I talk politics to show people what conservatives are about. And what kind of role model would you be if you called people names? Thats one thing I dont understand about liberals. They are so quick to call us names. They are so quick to say "your an idiot, your stupid, your racist" your never going to gain confidence in people by doing that. Your not going to inspire people by doing that. On second thought, I do understand it, I know why they do it. Its just unfortunate they have to do that.

But, being new here really has nothing to do with it. People are people you know? There are sides that people are on and it is the same all over the place. So if I hear someone on this site say certain things, I can make judgments about them because I have already heard it many times in person from other people I debate. If I go and register on another politics site, and I see someone post "Bush lied about WMD's", its no different if someone on this site says it. So I can make judgments about them.

JKD COBRA said:
If Bush focused on every single terrorist organization he would have to spend more money, and then the liberals would cry even more. ways.
At least someone is still worrying about being fiscally conservative.

scottyz said:
At least someone is still worrying about being fiscally conservative.
At least someone is On Topic!

How would you evaluate our President? Give one GOOD thing this man has done for this country. Then state one reason John Kerry or anyone else for that matter could do a worse job? You're right about a couple of points...I don't support what our troops are doing. I don't hope they fail, but I wish we would bring them home and take care of America's problems before we go out and try to save the earth. That is one problem I have with people who support Bush and this war. Have you ever heard that God has a plan for all things? Do you read the bible? Do you not see that what we are doing is wrong in God's eyes? The law of God is above the law of man. Here is a link to what the bible professes will be our demise. George Bush is taking us directly into that. His greed for money, trade, and the dream he has for America to rule the world has all been forseen by God. Believe it or not it has! I suggest you please read this entire page before you go and put your faith in the dumbest man this world has ever known...

http://members.aol.com/Wisdomway/questions.htm

The term "Kittim" comes from the Book of Daniel; the term "Egypt" from the Book of Jeremiah.

Both words designate military power. "Kittim" is Daniel's description of a western military force so powerful in the last days that it is able, with its armada of naval warships, to confront and stare down the beast at the height of his empire. Given the foe and context, that description sounds very "Jerusalem" (i.e., it seems to signify closeness to God).

In scripture, "Egypt" is a cryptogram for military power as well, but with an added symbolism of worldliness. The Cairo museum shows us as well an 'Egypt' that stands for gold. Today the United States carries the visage of all three. That is fundamentally different from the America that existed in 1776.

In the early 1960's the United States still gloried in the radiance of benefaction. It had, with its defenses, saved the entire world from a flood of desperate totalitarian fanatics who had tried to capture it militarily. Like Tyre in Ezekiel's prophecy, ours was a country steeped in beauty and filled with heavenly wisdom, an Eden in the garden of God.

In forty years, all that has radically changed. Those who ruled this nation in God's righteousness and human compassion were replaced by others with darker motives. They gave us a new country. Seeing no need for any power but their own, they boldly evicted God outright. Today the nation's schools and institutions are not allowed even to utter God's name. Public prayer has been outlawed. Democracy has been replaced by greed and an unbridled thirst for money. A new militancy has surfaced, and with it, invasion and attack. The spectre of empire and hubris now haunt our flag.

Jeremiah's prophecies outlining the last days foresee a nation symbolically called "Egypt" invading the country now called Iraq and setting up outposts there near the Euphrates river. America has just done that. This prophecy has come true and it describes the United States. Our current outposts prove that we are the "Egypt" of Jeremiah's prophecy. Considering Jeremiah's description of the consequences of that invasion, our advance there portends an ominous future.

Do those fateful consequences relate to our national dismissal of God?

As far as scripture is concerned, it portends a nation like Tyre, a nation that has discarded God owing to a national belief that it (or in our case, our constitution) is superior to God; where trading is the new god, and military prowess alone is all the protection needed or desired. Military might is "Egypt". Therein lies the second half of the cryptogram. In other words, it portends a different kind of "Kittim", one that cannot be mistaken for "Jerusalem". It is a worldly "Kittim", the military arm of a corporate empire that views itself as omnipotent; An empire that serves a god of gold.

What does Ezekiel say concerning an identical transformation of purpose in Tyre?

"Your busy trading has filled you with violence and sin...your heart has grown swollen with pride on account of your beauty. You have corrupted your wisdom owing to your splendor." (Ez.28:16-17).

"By your wisdom and intelligence you have amassed great wealth; you have piles of gold and silver inside your treasure houses. Such is your skill in trading, your wealth has continued to increase, and with this your heart has grown more arrogant."

"And so, the Lord God says this: Since you consider yourself the equal of God, very well, I am going to bring foreigners against you, the most barbarous of the nations. They will draw sword against your fine wisdom, they will defile your glory; they will throw you down into the pit and you will die a violent death surrounded by the seas."

"Are you still going to say: I am a god, when your murderers confront you? No, you are a man and not a god in the clutches of your murderers! You will die like the uncircumcised at the hand of foreigners. For I have spoken * it is the Lord God who speaks." (Ez.28:4-10).

Scary stuff. But so it is with nations that discard God. Rejection of God is what Armageddon is all about (John 16:8-9). It is not the United States of the nineteen-fifties that has positioned itself at the Euphrates. It is a nation that has chosen to become its own god; a nation that has replaced God with humanistic temples honoring armaments and worldly finance. Renouncing it's Christian heritage it has, in less than forty years, almost fully reconstructed itself into the secular cryptogram of a symbolic "Egypt". Jesus warns us that this dramatic shift in choice is to be the grounds for divine judgement:

"On these grounds is the sentence pronounced: that though the light has come into the world men have shown they prefer darkness to the light because their deeds are evil." (John 3:19).

Can America return to its former glory? There is only one way. We have to put God back in charge. We have to return the reins to Jesus and put the government back on His shoulders. Unless that happens our fate is sure to be as Tyre's.

"If the Lord does not build the house, in vain the masons toil; if the Lord does not guard the city, in vain the sentries watch. In vain you get up earlier, and put off going to bed, sweating to make a living, since he provides for his beloved as they sleep." (Ps.127:1-2)

"The strength of the war horse means nothing to him, it is not infantry that interests him. The Lord is interested only in those who fear him, in those who rely on his love." (Ps.147:10-11).

The first warns that the Jewish refugees returning to rebuild Jerusalem will make a military alliance with "Egypt" for fear of war and the sound of the trumpet (Jer.42:11-18). True to Jeremiah's prophecy, such an alliance was made and it still exists, but it is with America, not the actual land of the Nile. This shows that "Egypt" in this prophecy is a cryptogram for the United States.

Jeremiah's sceond mention of "Egypt" concerns an attack by the king of Babylon on "Egypt" itself:

"He (the king of Babylon) will set fire to the temples of the gods of Egypt; he will burn these gods or carry them off...and leave without interference. He will break the obelisks of the temple of the Sun at On and burn down the temples of the gods of Egypt." (Jer.43:12-13).

According to President Bush, the true architect of the 9/11 attack on the New York Trade towers was Saddam Hussein, the king of Babylon (Iraq). That is America's official position. No one can prove it, but the president of the United States remains to this day fully convinced of it. The towers toppled killed thousands of innocent people, but the buildings, themselves, represented the inner sanctuary of the world's new god * trade and high finance. Towering over Manhatten, these enormous obelisks were our treasure houses, twin temples of money dedicated to world trade. And according to the president, the "king of Babylon" was at the very heart of the scheme to topple them.

The third mention of "Egypt" in this end-time scenario (Jer. 44:29-30) is a prophecy of an assassination that Jeremiah says will prove the truth of all the prophecies contained in Jeremiah's verses.

The fourth and last mention of "Egypt" (chapter 46) is directed at an "Egypt" that had recently defeated the king of Babylon in his own country (in Iraq), occupying the land there and taking up positions near the Euphrates river close to Carchemish.

It warns of an impending counterattack by the kings of the East across the Euphrates. Jeremiah calls this imminent invasion a "day of God's vengeance", and says these eastern forces will overrun the "Egyptian" (American?) outposts at the Euphrates and sweep south in a reign of terror destined to plunge the earth into a terrible war:

"Now, this is the day of the Lord God, a day of vengeance for his revenge on his enemies: his sword will eat them up and have its fill, will grow drunk with their blood. Yes, the Lord God Almighty has a sacrifice to make in the north country, by the river Euphrates." (Jer.46:10).

"There in the north, there by the river Euphrates, they have collapsed, have fallen. Who was it rose like the Nile, its waters foaming like a torrent? Why, Egypt rose like the Nile, its waters foaming like a torrent. 'I will rise,' he said 'and drown the earth; sweep towns and their inhabitants away!" (Jer.46:6-8).

They seem to prove that despite a military aresenal so vast it carries the cryptogram "Egypt", a little black book called 'the Bible' is more important to our national safety than all the B-2 bombers and hydrogen bombs our factories can ever produce.

I know I don't have all the answers to the world and I may be wrong about this. But I would rather put my trust in the Lord and do as he says, than to listen to some man who is out for the betterment of America.

JKD COBRA said:
I also think so.

JKD COBRA said:

is that why people polls are at 28% satisfactory rate for bush presidency
Bush wont finish his last 3 years
and if he does it is only because the senate and congress are bought off

Back
Top Bottom