• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush warns against "Playing Politics" with Patriot Act

Caine

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
In a News Confrence Today, President Bush made a statement,

"And Secondly, uh, If people want to play politics with the patriot act....its uh......let me just say its not in the best intrests of the country." *Bush Scary Grin*

Actions like these make me wonder if he has some sort of backup plan in case that the Patriot Act expires or gets altered in a manner that he doesn't like.

All during the News Confrence he seemed very angry about the Patriot Act situation. He seems that the President is taking it personally that Democrats and a few Republicans are fillabustering a vote on the Patriot Act.

"It is Inexcuseable to allow the Patriot Act to Expire"

His deep concern over the Patriot Act scares me.......

Bush said:
BUSH: My job is to confront big challenges and lead. And I fully understand everybody is not going to agree with my decisions. But the president's job is to do what he thinks is right, and that's what I'm going to continue to do.

Secondly, if people want to play politics with the Patriot Act, it's -- well, let me just put it, it's not in the best interests of the country.
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/19/bush.transcript/index.html

This will only work for the extremly guillible. Bush's whole EXISTENCE is based on the fact that he plays politics (and he plays it like a pro, I might add)

Those who are involved in the fillibuster have requested to instead pass a 3 month extention to allow for full Senate debate on it, and instead of agreeing to allow this, Bush & Co. would rather play politics and only agree to sign the full 4 year extention. What's irresponsible is to try to pressure the Senate into passing it with no debate. Yes, they all agreed to pass it in '01, but it was in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 when the nation was still panicked.

What's most irksome about this is that the Senate should have been allowed time to debate and revise it in the first place. Instead, the leadership waited until the last possible second so that it couldn't happen, so then they can say, "Look, those damned libs let the PA expire!"

This is the most transparant political ploy we've seen since they forced a vote without debate on the full, immediate withdrawal of all American forces in Iraq with no thought of the safety of our troops.

Caine said:
In a News Confrence Today, President Bush made a statement,

"And Secondly, uh, If people want to play politics with the patriot act....its uh......let me just say its not in the best intrests of the country." *Bush Scary Grin*

Actions like these make me wonder if he has some sort of backup plan in case that the Patriot Act expires or gets altered in a manner that he doesn't like.

All during the News Confrence he seemed very angry about the Patriot Act situation. He seems that the President is taking it personally that Democrats and a few Republicans are fillabustering a vote on the Patriot Act.

"It is Inexcuseable to allow the Patriot Act to Expire"

His deep concern over the Patriot Act scares me.......

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/19/bush.transcript/index.html

Sorry Bush, but we're going to play politics and have your traitorous arse impeached.

culturalrider said:
Sorry Bush, but we're going to play politics and have your traitorous arse impeached.
How long have we been hearing this? :lol: Hey, keep us posted, ok?

FinnMacCool said:
This will only work for the extremly guillible. Bush's whole EXISTENCE is based on the fact that he plays politics (and he plays it like a pro, I might add)
Bush is too dumb to do much. Just look what happens when he has an un-filtered audience. This is very much Rove game play.

PA should never have been passed. THis is just more of the white house hawks that are trying to create an imperialist presidency with 0 accountability.

Back
Top Bottom