• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush, three more long years in office

alphieb

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
1,982
Reaction score
31
Location
Vincennes IN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
By the time Bush's term is up can you imagine what kind of shape we will be in? It really scares me. Our economy will be the worst since the Great Depression. I wonder if we will STILL be in Iraq. It is going to continue to cost $$$$$$$$$$$ and more lives. He has no business being in office. His presidential skills are as good as his OIL BUSINESS GIG. We are headed for a bad recession. It will take a Democrat to bail us out as did it after his father was in office.
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
20,915
Reaction score
546
Location
We can't stop here this is bat country!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
alphieb said:
By the time Bush's term is up can you imagine what kind of shape we will be in? It really scares me. Our economy will be the worst since the Great Depression. I wonder if we will STILL be in Iraq. It is going to continue to cost $$$$$$$$$$$ and more lives. He has no business being in office. His presidential skills are as good as his OIL BUSINESS GIG. We are headed for a bad recession. It will take a Democrat to bail us out as did it after his father was in office.
A) Economy in the worst shape? Facts and figures please not rhetoric.

B) So the person elected to be president has no business being in office?

C) By Bush senior getting bailed out by Clinton perhaps you mean Clinton following up on the same economic policies as Bush because one of the major reasons Bush wasn't reelected was because he broke that promise of no new taxes and trying to cross party lines and being all chummy with the Dems. And the only reason why Clinton was elected was because he pretended to be a conservative.

I can tell I'm going to have fun with you, people who are totally ignorant of the issues always come up with the best statements for me to use as cannon fodder.

So much for your economy theory:

Keeping it positive

The Dow and S&P 500 have risen for 3 weeks in a row, the Nasdaq for 4. Have the clouds cleared?
November 13, 2005: 7:20 AM EST
By Alexandra Twin, CNN/Money staff writer






Review 50 Small Cap Winners In 5 Minutes
The AGORACOM marketplace makes it easy to find your next small cap investment by...
www.agoracom.com

$100K+ Executive Marketing Jobs
ThaLadders.com has more executive jobs in marketing each month. Sign up today...
www.theladders.com

What's Driving the Stock Market
Free research reports from U.S. Global Investors, Inc.
www.usfunds.com

Quotrek - Real-Time Stock Market Quotes
Quotrek allows you to set yourself free with streaming stock market quotes,...
www.esignal.com






NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - A quick survey: have the clouds over Wall Street cleared?

Three-Week Old Stock Market Advance: Why yes, it seems like it, and there's more room to run in the week ahead.

The Month of November: Yes, of course. In a mere two weeks, November has already done what October -- as is typical -- failed to do: Boost stocks. Not to brag, but November is the start of the six best months of the year, just ask the Stock Trader's Almanac.

Stock Market Analysts: Yes, for now, but there are plenty of clouds looming in 2006.

Specifically, the threat of slowing economic and earnings growth, continued higher interest rates and inflation, and the breaking down of a three-year old bull market.

But that's next year. Analysts say both technical indicators and market fundamentals suggest that stocks should be able to rise modestly through the end of this year, with a few caveats.

"It's going to be a bit of a struggle, but there's a seasonal bias that should prevail over the next few weeks," said Paul Rabbit, president of Rabbit Analytics.

"The momentum seems to have turned lately," he added, "oil seems to have peaked, and I think that there can be a case made that stock valuations are compelling at this level."

Stock investors seem to have been of this mind set over the last three weeks, during which the S&P 500 managed to gain nearly 5 percent. Analysts said the gain was fueled by falling oil prices, some so-called "bargain hunting" after October's selloff, and relief that the economy thrived in the third quarter, despite rising interest rates and two massive hurricanes.

The advance was also built on the back of surprisingly good third-quarter earnings. In fact, throughout 2005, S&P 500 earnings growth has failed to show the pronounced slowdown some had feared. (For an outlook on earnings growth in 2006, click here.)

These factors should remain supportive in the weeks ahead.

Wal-Mart, HP and a guy named Ben
Although most of the third-quarter earnings have already been reported, next week brings a number of potentially market-moving reports.

A slew of retailers are due to report, including Home Depot (Research) and rival Lowe's (Research), JC Penney (Research), Staples (Research), Gap (Research) and no. 1 retailer Wal-Mart (Research).

What the retailers have to say about the holiday shopping season will be particularly relevant to a market worried about slowing consumer spending in response to higher gas and heating bills.

Other companies reporting include tech leaders Applied Materials (Research) and Hewlett-Packard (Research), as well as Walt Disney (Research). (For a preview of next week's earnings, click here.)

The week ahead also brings reads on manufacturing, retail sales and pricing pressure at both the wholesale and consumer level. Fed chair nominee Ben Bernanke also goes before Congress. (For a preview of these events, click here.)

"When all is said and done, I think the market will sprint higher toward the end of the year," said James Awad, president of Awad Asset Management. "But it's going to take continued encouraging earnings and economic reports to move it along."

Next week's key earnings

Monday: Lowe's is expected to have earned 77 cents per share, according to a consensus of economists surveyed by earnings tracker First Call, versus 66 cents a year ago; Wal-Mart Stores is expected to have earned 58 cents per share versus 54 cents a year ago.


Tuesday: Home Depot is expected to have earned 68 cents per share, versus 60 cents a year ago.


Wednesday: Applied Materials is expected to have earned 14 cents per share, versus 27 cents a year ago.


Thursday: Hewlett-Packard is expected to have earned 46 cents per share, versus 41 cents a year ago; Walt Disney is expected to have earned 18 cents per share, versus 19 cents a year ago.

Other key events

On Tuesday, Federal Reserve chairman nominee Ben Bernanke appears before the Senate Banking Committee to begin what is expected to be a straightforward confirmation process.


On Tuesday, the New York Empire State index is due. The read on manufacturing in the New York area is expected to have risen to 15.0 in November from 12.1 in October, according to a consensus of economists surveyed by Briefing.com.


October retail sales, due Tuesday, are expected to have fallen 0.6 percent, according to forecasts, after rising 0.2 percent in September. Sales excluding the volatile autos component are expected to have risen 0.3 percent in the month, after rising 1.1 percent in September.


The Producer Price index (PPI), due Tuesday is expected to have risen 0.1 percent in October after rising 1.9 percent in September; so-called "core" PPI, which excludes volatile food and energy prices, is expected to have risen 0.2 percent after rising 0.3 percent in September.


The Consumer Price index (CPI), due Wednesday, is expected to have risen 0.1 percent in October, according to estimates. CPI rose 1.2 percent in September. The "core" CPI is expected to have risen 0.2 percent in the month after rising 0.1 percent in September.


October housing starts, due Thursday, are expected to have fallen to a 2.06 million unit annual rate from a 2.108 million unit rate in September. Building permits are expected to have fallen to a 2.146 million unit annual rate in October from a 2.219 million unit rate in the previous month.


The Philadelphia Fed index, a regional read on manufacturing, is expected to have fallen to 16.3 in November from 17.3 in October.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/11/11/markets/sun_lookahead/index.htm?cnn=yes
 
Last edited:

alphieb

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
1,982
Reaction score
31
Location
Vincennes IN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
A) Economy in the worst shape? Facts and figures please not rhetoric.

B) So the person elected to be president has no business being in office?

C) By Bush senior getting bailed out by Clinton perhaps you mean Clinton following up on the same economic policies as Bush because one of the major reasons Bush wasn't reelected was because he broke that promise of no new taxes and trying to cross party lines and being all chummy with the Dems. And the only reason why Clinton was elected was because he pretended to be a conservative.

I can tell I'm going to have fun with you, people who are totally ignorant of the issues always come up with best statements for me to use as cannon fodder.
http://www.eldamar.net/house/ht/screenHowTo.html

Likewise,

Clinton has not been in office for over six years and people like you are blaming him now in 2005 for our economic problems.....what a joke. You probably would like to blame him for OPERATION DESERT STORM THE SEQUEL aka economic devastation. That little tard in the white house will cause more problems. Why are we in Iraq? Why haven't we found bin laden? Are we even looking?
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
20,915
Reaction score
546
Location
We can't stop here this is bat country!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
alphieb said:
http://www.eldamar.net/house/ht/screenHowTo.html

Likewise,

Clinton has not been in office for over six years and people like you are blaming him now in 2005 for our economic problems.....what a joke. You probably would like to blame him for OPERATION DESERT STORM THE SEQUEL aka economic devastation. That little tard in the white house will cause more problems. Why are we in Iraq? Why haven't we found bin laden? Are we even looking?
Hay hypocrit you're the one who brought up Bush senior and Clinton and why shouldn't I bring up the fact that Clintons mismanagement of the economy led to the tech bubble popping and the recession that Bush pulled us out of with his tax cuts. It's called reaganomics look it up. It's the Democrats with their tax and spend socialist policies that always lead our economy into stagnation, inflation, and recession. And what's the deal with your link?

And look up at my last post which I edited to put a little damper in your whole shitty economy theory.
 
Last edited:

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Hay hypocrit you're the one who brought up Bush senior and Clinton and why shouldn't I bring up the fact that Clintons mismanagement of the economy led to the tech bubble popping and the recession that Bush pulled us out of with his tax cuts. It's called reaganomics look it up. It's the Democrats with their tax and spend socialist policies that always lead our economy into stagnation, inflation, and recession. And what's the deal with your link?

And look up at my last post which I edited to put a little damper in your whole shitty economy theory.
LOL It sure seemed as though you were trying awfully hard to rebutt the initial post. Do you know what that tells me? You thought that such statement had some validity--otherwise, you would have dismissed it.
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
20,915
Reaction score
546
Location
We can't stop here this is bat country!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
aps said:
LOL It sure seemed as though you were trying awfully hard to rebutt the initial post. Do you know what that tells me? You thought that such statement had some validity--otherwise, you would have dismissed it.
So disproving bullshit means I agree with it? Wow that's some circular logic you got going for you how's that working out?

Oh, and by the way everything save for the article, which I had already read and knew exactly where to find, was off the top of my head no effort went into it at all.
 

M14 Shooter

DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
2,622
Reaction score
68
Location
Toledo-ish OH
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
alphieb said:
By the time Bush's term is up can you imagine what kind of shape we will be in? It really scares me. Our economy will be the worst since the Great Depression. I wonder if we will STILL be in Iraq. It is going to continue to cost $$$$$$$$$$$ and more lives. He has no business being in office. His presidential skills are as good as his OIL BUSINESS GIG. We are headed for a bad recession. It will take a Democrat to bail us out as did it after his father was in office.

Ah... partisan bigotry at its finest.
 

aps

Passionate
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 25, 2005
Messages
15,675
Reaction score
2,979
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
So disproving bullshit means I agree with it? Wow that's some circular logic you got going for you how's that working out?

Oh, and by the way everything save for the article, which I had already read and knew exactly where to find, was off the top of my head no effort went into it at all.
No it doesn't mean you agree with it. You're worried that it has some truth to it, so you look to debunk the argument. A couple of websites would have been sufficient for your argument; however, the # of websites you posted made me think you were clearly defensive on this topic. Those who are so sure of their argument would not need to provide as much evidence as you did, particularly when the initial poster made statements without providing any evidence to back them up.

Oh, that's off the top of you head? LOL Guess you have been prepared for these arguments that you have so many websites off the top of your head to refute them. Interesting...................
 

alphieb

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
1,982
Reaction score
31
Location
Vincennes IN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Hay hypocrit you're the one who brought up Bush senior and Clinton and why shouldn't I bring up the fact that Clintons mismanagement of the economy led to the tech bubble popping and the recession that Bush pulled us out of with his tax cuts. It's called reaganomics look it up. It's the Democrats with their tax and spend socialist policies that always lead our economy into stagnation, inflation, and recession. And what's the deal with your link?

And look up at my last post which I edited to put a little damper in your whole shitty economy theory.
"Hey hypocrite" name calling....tsk.....tsk...tsk. "the tech bubble popping" ?that wasn't Clintons doing. That is called the thundering herd my friend. That was in no way on Clinton's watch anyway. That was a post 9/11 scare. It was a bunch of idiots running like hell from the market which caused it to somewhat crash. The financial disaster is created by Mr. brilliance and war hungry attitude which cost a lot of money. That also caused the thundering herd to run. They have ran to realistate which is about to burst itself. "inflation" huh we are now entering inflation. Why do you think interest rates are going up. Get your facts straight. The market always increases close to Christmas that is simple economics.
 

Connecticutter

Active member
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
432
Reaction score
0
Location
New Haven, CT
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
And the only reason why Clinton was elected was because he pretended to be a conservative.
Let's not forget about Ross Perot, too.
 

tecoyah

Back
DP Veteran
Joined
Sep 30, 2005
Messages
9,777
Reaction score
3,417
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Clinton was a hell of a lot closer to the Conservative Ideal than Bush is....hands down

Hell I might even be a conservative if it were not for the way the movement has become tied to the guy.
 

alphieb

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
1,982
Reaction score
31
Location
Vincennes IN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Clinton was not a conservative he was a freaking socialist.
bullshit......Clinton was a flaming conservative......Bush is a pretend to be what the public wants. Without his own identity or ideas. He is a spoiled brat who never had to work for ANYTHING........that is why he does not know the value of a dollar (unnecessary war). Our own economy is sacrificed. No wonder he got re-elected, the average IQ is 100 same as him. Not to mention he lacks articulation, because he is not that bright........obviously. He even looks stupid.
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
20,915
Reaction score
546
Location
We can't stop here this is bat country!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
alphieb said:
bullshit......Clinton was a flaming conservative......Bush is a pretend to be what the public wants. Without his own identity or ideas. He is a spoiled brat who never had to work for ANYTHING........that is why he does not know the value of a dollar (unnecessary war). Our own economy is sacrificed. No wonder he got re-elected, the average IQ is 100 same as him. Not to mention he lacks articulation, because he is not that bright........obviously. He even looks stupid.
I never said Bush is a conservative. But Clinton is just as far from being a conservative as is GWB.

Wow a long string of ad-hominen attacks with no substantiating evidence way to go.
 

alphieb

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
1,982
Reaction score
31
Location
Vincennes IN
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
I never said Bush is a conservative. But Clinton is just as far from being a conservative as is GWB.

Wow a long string of ad-hominen attacks with no substantiating evidence way to go.
You said "Clinton was a socialist" He was not. How can you back up an idiot like Bush? His ratings have gone WAY DOWN........AND WHY DO THINK THAT IS?
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
20,915
Reaction score
546
Location
We can't stop here this is bat country!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
alphieb said:
You said "Clinton was a socialist" He was not. How can you back up an idiot like Bush? His ratings have gone WAY DOWN........AND WHY DO THINK THAT IS?
Nationalized health care system, increased the welfare state, tax and spend policies, seems pretty socialist to me.

Secondly this is what we call an ad-hominem fallacy you attack Bush by claiming he's an idiot without backing it up with evidence.

Thirdly I don't swing my support or lack therof on the issues because of poll numbers unlike slick Willy.

Fouthly, the only polls that matter are the ones we hold every four years, you know . . . the presidential elections?
 

iamjack

Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2005
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
I am the winner of Jack's Most Asinine Post Award (2005)

aps said:
No it doesn't mean you agree with it. You're worried that it has some truth to it, so you look to debunk the argument. A couple of websites would have been sufficient for your argument; however, the # of websites you posted made me think you were clearly defensive on this topic. Those who are so sure of their argument would not need to provide as much evidence as you did, particularly when the initial poster made statements without providing any evidence to back them up.

Oh, that's off the top of you head? LOL Guess you have been prepared for these arguments that you have so many websites off the top of your head to refute them. Interesting...................
Interesting..............tsk....tsk....tsk........obviously.......snoog.
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
20,915
Reaction score
546
Location
We can't stop here this is bat country!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
aps said:
No it doesn't mean you agree with it. You're worried that it has some truth to it, so you look to debunk the argument. A couple of websites would have been sufficient for your argument; however, the # of websites you posted made me think you were clearly defensive on this topic. Those who are so sure of their argument would not need to provide as much evidence as you did, particularly when the initial poster made statements without providing any evidence to back them up.

Oh, that's off the top of you head? LOL Guess you have been prepared for these arguments that you have so many websites off the top of your head to refute them. Interesting...................
What are you talking about I posted one article those links were included in said article.
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
20,915
Reaction score
546
Location
We can't stop here this is bat country!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
alphieb said:
"Hey hypocrite" name calling....tsk.....tsk...tsk. "the tech bubble popping" ?that wasn't Clintons doing. That is called the thundering herd my friend. That was in no way on Clinton's watch anyway. That was a post 9/11 scare. It was a bunch of idiots running like hell from the market which caused it to somewhat crash. The financial disaster is created by Mr. brilliance and war hungry attitude which cost a lot of money. That also caused the thundering herd to run. They have ran to realistate which is about to burst itself. "inflation" huh we are now entering inflation. Why do you think interest rates are going up. Get your facts straight. The market always increases close to Christmas that is simple economics.
No hypocrit :mrgreen: the recession was due to Clinon's energy policies or lack therof:

Clinton Recession: 'Bill' Comes Due for 8 Years of Corruption
Charles R. Smith
Wednesday, March 21, 2001
Despite the media effort to pin the 2001 recession on President Bush, the fact remains that he had little to do with the last eight years of economic policy from the White House. The infamous miracle bubble of Bill Clinton's economy burst last summer when OPEC oil price increases rocked the world economy.
In February 1999, Energy Secretary Bill Richardson visited Saudi Arabia when prices were at their lowest. Richardson reportedly pressed Saudi Oil Minister Ali Naimi on the "oversupplied market" and expressed concern about "extreme price volatility."

Former Saudi minister Sheik Ahmed Zaki Yamani told a Houston oil conference that Richardson had "saved the oil industry" during that visit because his "intervention" had "persuaded" the Saudis to change policy by raising prices.

After Richardson's visit, Petroleum Intelligence Weekly, an industry newsletter, quoted Saudi officials as wanting "a price of $18 to $20 as soon as possible."

In 1999, then-President Clinton pressed OPEC to raise prices in order to finance the brutal Russian war in Chechnya. Clinton needed Russia's help settling that pesky little war in Kosovo. However, Bill was unable to aid Boris Yeltsin directly because of the rampant corruption inside Moscow.

Clinton quietly used OPEC oil diplomacy to supply Russia increased energy profits. The influx of cash into Moscow was mainly obtained through Iraqi oil sold by the U.N. and distributed through Russian suppliers. The cash paid for the Russian war and a new round of rampant corruption, centered on the former Soviet GAZPROM state oil company.

However, there were also unexpected results. The oil sales helped Saddam Hussein re-arm his military with a brand new Chinese-built air defense system. The move is also now seen as a major blunder that triggered the 2001 recession.

Anti-Energy Movement

In the 1990s, OPEC wanted to re-establish monopoly control by flooding the market with cheap oil. In 1973 OPEC cut off all oil to the West during the October war. The result was a sudden influx of investment in domestic and alternative production that peaked just before Clinton took office in 1992.

Clinton cooperated with OPEC by destroying domestic production. Clinton's main weapon was a war of propaganda waged by Al Gore. Gore led the attack on the U.S. energy industry using "green" policies of radical environmentalism. Despite the many variables in domestic energy, there is a basic flaw in the anti-energy argument. It is far more "environmentally friendly" to pump oil from static fields here in the U.S. than it is to import foreign oil in fragile ocean-going tankers.

OPEC in 2001 just squeezes harder, having learned never to let the U.S. go cold turkey again. The Clinton economy was built on artificially low cost foreign energy that has suddenly become very expensive. The United States is now more dependent on foreign energy than ever before.

Blackouts on the West Coast, skyrocketing gas and oil prices and an unstable stock market all add up to a recession in progress. There are no fast answers for eight years of declining domestic oil production and climbing oil consumption.

Chinese Army Inc. . Just as there is no quick fix for the energy crunch there is also no easy solution to the trade crash. During the 1990s, Clinton also sponsored a so-called trade boom with China that actually busted America. Hundreds of billions of dollars flowed out of America in the largest single trade deficit in history.

Today, firms backed by the People's Liberation Army dominate consumer markets in America. American workers, unable to compete against the slave labor amassed by the PLA, are losing manufacturing jobs to China at a rate never before seen. Chinese army firms compete unfairly against U.S. companies inside America for financing on the stock market, and even for U.S. government-backed loans.

For example, documents from the files of Chinagate figure John Huang show that $200 million in World Bank loans for a Chinese "Technology Development Project" actually went to weapons research labs and businesses wholly owned by the Chinese army. Huang later cited his Fifth Amendment rights more than two thousand times when asked under oath if he had ties to Chinese intelligence.

The funded projects included:


$5 million to Northwest Institute for Nonferrous Metal Research for "rare earth materials" used in "chemical, aviation," and "nuclear power stations." Northwest Institute for Nonferrous Metal Research is part of China National Nuclear Corp., maker of nuclear weapons for the Chinese army.

More than $5 million to Harbin Research Institute for "welded steel products" used in "aviation" and "ship building." Harbin was identified by the Department of Defense as a Chinese army front used to buy JET engines for the PLA in 1996.

More than $4 million to the Marine Design & Research Institute of China for "ship design software and services." The Marine Design & Research Institute is part of the China National Ship Building Corp. and the primary design facility for Chinese warships, including nuclear-powered submarines.

More than $4 million to Nanjing Radio Factory for "audio/visual" products used in "T.V.s, satellite equip., radios, CD players, etc." Nanjing Radio Factory produces electronics for the PLA, including satellite equipment, and secure military radios.

$3 million to Xi'an Jiatong University for "fluid machinery" research used in "turbo-compressors". Xi'an Jiatong University was identified by the Dept. of Defense as a major research center for Chinese Army chemical and biological weapons.

More than $5 million to "China Textile Academy" for "productivity enhancement." China Textile Academy produces camouflage uniforms for the Chinese army and for export to other armed forces.
Legacy of the Black Beret

Chinese army companies can now bid on U.S. government contracts. U.S. firms could not match a Chinese low bid for a U.S. Army contract to manufacture black berets. The black beret, made famous in World War II by the U.S. Army Rangers, was a symbol of pride for an elite force. The new fashion statement by the U.S. Army is intended to improve morale in the ranks.

According to published press accounts, a Chinese firm won part of the U.S. government contract, and many of the new Army hats are made outside the United States.

The new headgear is an embarrassing reminder of the stained Clinton legacy. The Pentagon is determined to distribute what has become known as the "Monica" to every single soldier.

The recent parade of liberal media pundits that now call the 2001 recession the "Bush" economy are missing the mark by a few trillion dollars. The left is attacking President Bush for the legacy of Bill Clinton. The eight-year ride of "corruption, collusion, and nepotism" is over, and the "Bill" is now due.



Read more on this subject in related Hot Topics:
Clinton Scandals
Media Bias
China / Taiwan

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/3/20/190717.shtml
 

Stu Ghatze

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Messages
531
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
alphieb said:
By the time Bush's term is up can you imagine what kind of shape we will be in? It really scares me. Our economy will be the worst since the Great Depression. I wonder if we will STILL be in Iraq. It is going to continue to cost $$$$$$$$$$$ and more lives. He has no business being in office. His presidential skills are as good as his OIL BUSINESS GIG. We are headed for a bad recession. It will take a Democrat to bail us out as did it after his father was in office.



Yea,...what a mess! Huh huh...only the democrats can yearn to take us all back to the Jimmy Carter years of prosperity, & 20+ % of inflation rates, a disrespected & underfunded military, foreign policy failures & an inept domestic policies, reverse discrimination, a well funded ACLU, high tax rates, an aplogizing government to our adversaries, affirmative action forever, the white male is evil,...& a better to live "attitude" with Soviet hegemony than accuse it of wrongdoing, ..and criminals are not really lawbreakers, ..why they are just a product of their environment, & in fact are really "victims" themselves!

Democrats will bail us out..?? Huh huh...you've got to be joking, unless you think they will bail us out into a bowl of puke soup! :2razz:

They (democrats) cannot even bail themselves out of their own "bankrupt" ideology morass that is often in conflict with their own reasoning!

On the otherhand, ..if YOU are in a "focus" group you will be entreated to all the glory, priveleges, honor, & individual rights that could ever be bestowed upon oneself, ..IF the democrats ever regain their power base, because that is all they care about besides their own lust to retain political power!;)

Cheer up.....the DNC & their media cohorts will have you believing at least that Bush is evil, & that everybody wants him thrown out of office, & that by the liberal news polls the democrats are going to win in 08'!

And...THEY will be as trustworthy as the Kerry exit polls were, ..so by all means, KEEP DREAMING as long as it makes you feel good !:smile:
 
Last edited:

Iriemon

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
19,405
Reaction score
2,187
Location
Miami
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Nationalized health care system, increased the welfare state, tax and spend policies, seems pretty socialist to me.

Secondly this is what we call an ad-hominem fallacy you attack Bush by claiming he's an idiot without backing it up with evidence.

Thirdly I don't swing my support or lack therof on the issues because of poll numbers unlike slick Willy.

Fouthly, the only polls that matter are the ones we hold every four years, you know . . . the presidential elections?
Bush has increase spending twice as fast as during Clinton years.

I remember a time when "conservative" fiscal policy meant you didn't spend more than you brought in and you ran balanced budgets. I guess those days are long gone. That's why I no longer consider myself a conservative.
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
20,915
Reaction score
546
Location
We can't stop here this is bat country!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Iriemon said:
Bush has increase spending twice as fast as during Clinton years.

I remember a time when "conservative" fiscal policy meant you didn't spend more than you brought in and you ran balanced budgets. I guess those days are long gone. That's why I no longer consider myself a conservative.
I never said Bush was a true conservative but neither was Clinton.
 

Stu Ghatze

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 30, 2005
Messages
531
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
tecoyah said:
Clinton was a hell of a lot closer to the Conservative Ideal than Bush is....hands down

Hell I might even be a conservative if it were not for the way the movement has become tied to the guy.




Clinton was a "PHONEY" ..posing, & campaigning as a centrist just like his wife Hillary is doing at the moment!

Why?: Because liberals have to campaign as "something" other than what they really are in order to win.

Stop being in denial, ..once you accept this truth, ..you will be set free & come to understand why liberals have to double talk as John Kerry had to while he was on the campaign trail, & caught in so many flip-flops.

Liberals "must" speak out against the military, ..& Kerry did NOT disappoint his liberal followers when he accussed them of GHenghis Khan like atricities in Viet-nam.

Liberals also must pay homage to homosexuals, ..or at the very least show them sympathy, Kerry does, & did.

Kerry also spoke out, & lambasted business, & spoke of the need of more phoney social programs, & the need for higher taxes!

Funny thing about Kerry though, ....he ALWAYS modified his liberal dogmatic ideology according to the groups he thought he was addressing!

Why...when in farm country he wanted the voters to think he really was a man of the soil, & willing to get his hands dirty.:smile:

When addressing the hunter types, ..he was a real outdorsman, & gun lover...!

Amazing turnaround, & not reflective of his true voting alliances in the senate!

Huh huh...PHONEY, PHONEY, & PHONEY!:2razz:
 

Iriemon

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
19,405
Reaction score
2,187
Location
Miami
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
No hypocrit :mrgreen: the recession was due to Clinon's energy policies or lack therof:

Clinton Recession: 'Bill' Comes Due for 8 Years of Corruption
Charles R. Smith
Wednesday, March 21, 2001

Despite the media effort to pin the 2001 recession on President Bush, the fact remains that he had little to do with the last eight years of economic policy from the White House. The infamous miracle bubble of Bill Clinton's economy burst last summer when OPEC oil price increases rocked the world economy.

...
LOL -- what a bunch of crap. But this "blame Clinton" article missed blaming the 2001 slow down on the Clinton's tax increases in 1993 -- you usually see that thrown in.

Clinton inherited a Reagan/Bush1 budget that was $340 billion in deficit. The legacy of the Clinton administration was fiscal responsible government that created a surplus budget, and a chance to pay off the Republican debt burden and give a strong, debt free America to the next generation. That legacy lasted about 15 minutes once the borrow-n-spend pass-the-buck leadership took power.
 

Iriemon

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
19,405
Reaction score
2,187
Location
Miami
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Stu Ghatze said:
Clinton was a "PHONEY" ..posing, & campaigning as a centrist just like his wife Hillary is doing at the moment!

Why?: Because liberals have to campaign as "something" other than what they really are in order to win.
...
Huh huh...PHONEY, PHONEY, & PHONEY!:2razz:
How can you argue with a well documented, fact based analysis like that? Well done.
 
Top Bottom