• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush thinks he's the rebirth of Christ

MeChMAN said:
So we can all agree that god is the leading cause of death. We need to keep CHURCH and STATE seperate :soap

Man's misinterpretation; not God.

yes i have heard this kind of talk before."Bush is being directed by a voice in his head" or "bush thinks God told him to invade Iraq". I think it's partisan political rhetoric that is used to make PRES. Bush appear to be some insane, religious fanatic.Or it is coming from someone that just doesn't understand religion and/or Christianity. We believe all good comes from God including wisdom.We pray for wisdom to help us make the right choice.

alienken said:
yes i have heard this kind of talk before."Bush is being directed by a voice in his head" or "bush thinks God told him to invade Iraq". I think it's partisan political rhetoric that is used to make PRES. Bush appear to be some insane, religious fanatic.Or it is coming from someone that just doesn't understand religion and/or Christianity. We believe all good comes from God including wisdom.We pray for wisdom to help us make the right choice.
Perhaps Bush should start praying to a different God then, as this one apparently isn't directing him in the right direction.

anomaly said:
Perhaps Bush should start praying to a different God then, as this one apparently isn't directing him in the right direction.

That is debateable. :rofl

vauge said:
That is debateable. :rofl
Well, let's look at what Mr. Bush has done. He's killed a total of 1500 American soldiers and (I just checked this) approx. 17,000 Iraqi civilians through an illegal war. He's successfully made the rich richer by giving them tax cuts. He's trying to destroy a system that has worked successfully for 7 decades (SS...he can't just reform, he has to destroy it!). He has lied to the American people on countless occasions (what God told him to do that?). He's successfully taken away some of our civil liberties thru the Patriot Act. He's lost almost all international US support. He went to war with Iraq instead of helping out the people of Sudan. That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

anomaly said:
That's not the situation and you know it! You're just trying to be obnoxious.If the result from PRES. Bush's foreign policy brings peace to the middle east or even to the world, you still will not give PRES. Bush any credit.

anomaly said:
Well, let's look at what Mr. Bush has done. He's killed a total of 1500 American soldiers and (I just checked this) approx. 17,000 Iraqi civilians through an illegal war. He's successfully made the rich richer by giving them tax cuts. He's trying to destroy a system that has worked successfully for 7 decades (SS...he can't just reform, he has to destroy it!). He has lied to the American people on countless occasions (what God told him to do that?). He's successfully taken away some of our civil liberties thru the Patriot Act. He's lost almost all international US support. He went to war with Iraq instead of helping out the people of Sudan. That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.
O.K.- One at a time or as much as I have time for.I can't waste much time because chances are you won't accept or even consider any thing i say but I will try. 1).Bush didn't kill any soldiers our enemy did.By the way OUR enemy is not Bush but TERRORIST.The terrorist we fight in Iraq are lead by Sarkari(however you spell it) Al-queada, Ben Laden's right hand man.If you think we should ignore these people and/or that region then brace yourself for another sept. 11 because that was the main cause of it. 2).The war was not illegal.The United States of America IS a sovereign country.PRES. Bush did get authority from congress even though he did not need it.The Gulf war surrender agreement was not being followed by Saddam so the agreement became void which continues the war.it is now coming out that the main countries involved in the opposition in the UN where involved in the oil for food scandal taking millions of dollars in bribes. France Germany and Russia.3).Tax cuts were given across the board.Lower income people that don't even pay income tax got a tax cut also but that is never mentioned is it?Keep playing you class warfare games!4).He's trying to destroy S.S.?It hasn't been successful, unless you consider keeping people just above poverty successful.PRES. Bush is the only one with the guts to fix it.It Is in trouble simple math shows that.Even Greenspan agrees with Bush.Democrats were saying S.S.was in trouble during the Clinton admin. but now claim it is O.K. so Bush won't get the credit for fixing it.Al Gore ran on the lock box idea(which I thought was a good idea) when he ran against Bush. 5). Of course you think the patriot act is destroying our rights. All it takes is ONE case were using the patriot act went against the rights of someone, and it would be challenged by our courts and be done away with. But it hasn't happened. name a case that it will. Everything in the patriot act can only be done with warrants from the court. i wish people would stop playing politics with our national security, it's dangerous! There is so much political nonsense out there, it's hard to tell when someone is making up lies for political reasons or if there genuine. the problem is when BS is brought out by Dem leaders people buy into it without thinking.

all right I'm tired of people saying the tax cut was for the rich, on last years taxes me and my wife together made about 20 thousand and since we have 2 kids and are considered poor, which is why I'm going back in the army, we paid nothing $0 in income tax yet we got a return of $5000 which is the highest return we have ever gotten and this was due to Bush's tax cut. now tell me how bush's tax cut didn't help the poor?

skabanger13 said:
all right I'm tired of people saying the tax cut was for the rich, on last years taxes me and my wife together made about 20 thousand and since we have 2 kids and are considered poor, which is why I'm going back in the army, we paid nothing $0 in income tax yet we got a return of $5000 which is the highest return we have ever gotten and this was due to Bush's tax cut. now tell me how bush's tax cut didn't help the poor?
What did those taxes fund, though? Was the gov't just stealing money? No, of course not. Taxes were being used to fund social programs that helped the poor. Consider that, in Bush's budget, he cut medicaid and education. Taxes were used to fund the old New Deal, which has been all but destroyed by recent presidents. And now Bush wants to do away with SS. The highest tax cuts were for the upper class, the poorest people received a much lower tax cut. Consider that, thanks in part to these repeated tax cuts (Clinton did them too) the average worker now makes a tiny fraction of what his CEO makes. Inequality is up, meaning that you, ska, have less power, and your boss has more power. Cutting taxes fuels business, but trickle down economics just doesn't work. That 5000 you received (note that it was for 4 people) hardly compensates for what Bush has done with less tax revenue, cutting social programs like mad, deregulating businesses. You may see it as a success now, but down the road you surely won't think so. It is sad to hear, though, that you are going back in the army, though. Iraq is a rich man's war being fought by the poor. And a question to alien ken: how can you say not to 'play class warfare' when the classes have not been this unequal since the 1920s? The middle class is slowly vanishing, workers' rights are diminishing, CEOs salaries continue to rise while workers' salaries barely keep place with inflation. But $5000 makes it all better!

anomaly said:
What did those taxes fund, though? Was the gov't just stealing money? No, of course not. Taxes were being used to fund social programs that helped the poor. Consider that, in Bush's budget, he cut medicaid and education. Taxes were used to fund the old New Deal, which has been all but destroyed by recent presidents. And now Bush wants to do away with SS. The highest tax cuts were for the upper class, the poorest people received a much lower tax cut. Consider that, thanks in part to these repeated tax cuts (Clinton did them too) the average worker now makes a tiny fraction of what his CEO makes. Inequality is up, meaning that you, ska, have less power, and your boss has more power. Cutting taxes fuels business, but trickle down economics just doesn't work. That 5000 you received (note that it was for 4 people) hardly compensates for what Bush has done with less tax revenue, cutting social programs like mad, deregulating businesses. You may see it as a success now, but down the road you surely won't think so. It is sad to hear, though, that you are going back in the army, though. Iraq is a rich man's war being fought by the poor. And a question to alien ken: how can you say not to 'play class warfare' when the classes have not been this unequal since the 1920s? The middle class is slowly vanishing, workers' rights are diminishing, CEOs salaries continue to rise while workers' salaries barely keep place with inflation. But $5000 makes it all better!

well he makes a valid point that that 5k helped him so in a sense, the tax cuts worked for some even though the majority of who it worked for were the extremely wealthy...holy sh*t, did i just support a bush policy? no, just stated a little inaccuracy....wew, thank jebus i didn't support him, lol, i am kidding of course

skabanger13 said:
That's what I keep saying.The tax cuts where straight across the board.The rich got tax cuts because they pay the majority of the taxes.Lower income people like skabanger13 and myself recieved a refund eventhough we didn't pay anything in and it help us tremendously.What did the rich do with theirs?Since they don't need to catch up on bills they either spent it or invested it.When more money is spent the economy gets better and more money goes into the federal treasury.I think the whole"tax cut for the rich" is just politics with class warfare. The Dems have no problem with race baiting also. Dividing the classes and the races, they want us all to hate each other........skabanger13, you are going back to the army? Thanks for your service to our country, your a true patriot!

alienken said:
That's what I keep saying.The tax cuts where straight across the board.The rich got tax cuts because they pay the majority of the taxes.Lower income people like skabanger13 and myself recieved a refund eventhough we didn't pay anything in and it help us tremendously.What did the rich do with theirs?Since they don't need to catch up on bills they either spent it or invested it.When more money is spent the economy gets better and more money goes into the federal treasury.I think the whole"tax cut for the rich" is just politics with class warfare. The Dems have no problem with race baiting also. Dividing the classes and the races, they want us all to hate each other........skabanger13, you are going back to the army? Thanks for your service to our country, your a true patriot!

Here is a thought for you: Those who are grotesquely overcompensated should be taxed disproportionately. Also, class warfare is a fact and the poor didn't start it, it is a damn shame that there are people in this country for whom joining the army is a step up. :razz:

joining the army should be a step up thay are under paid, i mean for god sake we put our life on the line to do our job, no matter what your we do in the military theirs a chance you could die. for one thank just being in the us military you become a target for terrorists, i still don't pick up strangers because of the videos thay made us watch at basic. Thank you very much alenken, it makes me feal good about what I'm doing when i see their are people that appreciate it.

alienken said:

These tax cuts don't matter a bit when Bush cuts funding to the states which raises our state and local taxes. No one talks about this, but my taxes have gone up under Bush.

This is spare change to the rich.

Just simply rescinding the tax cut for the richest one percent of Americans, and putting their taxes back where they were under Clinton, would help solve the Social Security problem.

The rich didn't complain about their taxes under Clinton, because they were making money, hand over fist in the dot com boom.

Kenneth T. Cornelius said:
Also, class warfare is a fact and the poor didn't start it, it is a damn shame that there are people in this country for whom joining the army is a step up. :razz:
Yeah, people only join the military for economic reasons, never for love of country. :p

alienken said:
That's a total lie. The rich got a higher percentage tax cut than the poor. What have the rich done with their tax cuts and all of this furhter deregulation? They have outsourced jobs! Factories being shipped to Mexico, or China has now become all too common. The rich have used this money to create higher profit, all the while keeping workers' wages down and cutting benefits. It has been shown that lower taxes lead to higher inequality, and that, during the '90s, worker wages could hardly keep pace with inflation. We have let the rich get even richer, and by doing so, let them begin to dominate what Republicans call 'middle America'. Laissez-faire policies are detrimental to wages of workers and the very jobs themselves, as they allow companies to go into the global market in search of cheap labor. Trickle down economics (the very theor that lowering taxes is based on) doesn't work. It is a myth. Instead, we see a tricle up phnomena, as workers continue to see wages remain stagnate, while management continues to see rising wages. And so now it seems that 5000 dollars for a family of 4 (that's 1,250 dollars a person) now makes up for cutting social programs, seeing the nat'l debt skyrocket, seeing poverty increase and higher wage jobs outsourced and replaced by minimum wage jobs, seeing workers' benefits lower, the welfare state being destroyed, and seeing inequality the likes of which has not been seen since the twenties. But this is all OK, because your family got $5000 from the gov't. Did I miss something?

allot of people that join the army have a viable alternative, all officers I'm pretty sure can get a better job, and allot of people do it for various other reasons such as thay do it for their country, the life experience, so people go in the military for lots of different reasons not just because thay cant find any thang else.

skabanger13 said:
allot of people that join the army have a viable alternative, all officers I'm pretty sure can get a better job, and allot of people do it for various other reasons such as thay do it for their country, the life experience, so people go in the military for lots of different reasons not just because thay cant find any thang else.
One of my nephews went to Annapolis, eventually retired after his stint in the reserve and is now an engineering consultant making big money. His father served as a medic in Vietnam, lost his health, and is getting very little help from VA today. So some people make out. Most don't. The point was the lack of alternative.

give mo some proof that " most " people who join the military don't make it on the out side are that thay cant do any thang else. because you see i was in the military and thar for know people that are and have been in and from what iv seen your logic is false, so prove your point.

skabanger13 said:
give mo some proof that " most " people who join the military don't make it on the out side are that thay cant do any thang else. because you see i was in the military and thar for know people that are and have been in and from what iv seen your logic is false, so prove your point.

People often go into the military because they can't get to grips with the correct use of capital letters and apostrophes on the outside.

he may think he's the rebirth, but physicians who know (like me and my son) state categorically that he resembles the AFTERBIRTH of something unearthly.

Back
Top Bottom