• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Takes Responsibility for Katrina Failures

Kelzie said:
The Netherlands?....................

Is that just an assertion or do you have something factual to back it up? I think it is a salient point, what is the measure everyone is using to declare the response to Katrina a "failure"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
What were "his" mistakes? And I mean during and after the storm? "His" personally?

Simon W. Moon said:
That's no really even much of asn issue. Like Reagan said about the arms for hostages dealings, the things happened on his watch, therefore he's responsible. Responsible doesn't always mean "to blame." Someone can be responsible for something even when they are not to blame. The DHS and FEMA folks are a a patr of the executive branch, IIRC. That clearly makes them part of the PotUS's area of responsibility.

Somewhat related to what Mr. Bryant said:
If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you.

But the anti-Bush crowd IS making it an issue, that he is personnally responsible for what they claim to be a failure. Yet no one really seems capable of saying what the failure was. This is the largest rescue and recovery our country has ever engaged in and I see no evidence the response was slower than anything previous or that people are not being aided at the same level. In fact from what I see we are doing a pretty darn good job and a lot of people are working extremely hard to accomplish that yet I don't hear many thank-you's.

Me>> "Gunny Dad (and new private Dad too!)"

Gyn>> Rock on Guns! I transferred from 7th Mar Reg in December and I've been at Norfolk (MARFORLANT) ever since. I'm the son of a retired MGySgt. What's your son's MOS?

Gunny son is VMAQ-1 out of Cherry Point and currently in Iraq. He's avionics on the EA6-B but soon to transfer to embassy duty.

Private son just arrive at LeJune for MCT then off to Fort Leonard Wood for heavy vehicle maintenance school and then who knows.

We just got back for Private son's graduation at Parris Island. What a moving experience even the second time around. Makes you real proud of our Marines!

Thanks for YOUR service! What's your MOS?

rebel for a cause said:
His mistake was to not do anything or not do enough. That a big mistake especial when you are the president.

What was he suppose to do that he didn't do?

Stinger said:
But the anti-Bush crowd IS making it an issue, that he is personnally responsible for what they claim to be a failure.
I wasn't very clear. That was my fault. I should've clearly limited the scope of my comment about it not being an issue to the theme of Bush accepting responsibility. As in, what his mistakes were isn't an issue re his accepting responsibility. My bad.

Stinger said:
Me>> "Gunny Dad (and new private Dad too!)"

Gyn>> Rock on Guns! I transferred from 7th Mar Reg in December and I've been at Norfolk (MARFORLANT) ever since. I'm the son of a retired MGySgt. What's your son's MOS?

Gunny son is VMAQ-1 out of Cherry Point and currently in Iraq. He's avionics on the EA6-B but soon to transfer to embassy duty.

Private son just arrive at LeJune for MCT then off to Fort Leonard Wood for heavy vehicle maintenance school and then who knows.

We just got back for Private son's graduation at Parris Island. What a moving experience even the second time around. Makes you real proud of our Marines!

Thanks for YOUR service! What's your MOS?

0619...Field Wire Chief. I'm a Communicator. I started out as a radio man.

The first time a Federal Disaster was not the responsibility of the Federal Government was when the Federal Government screwed up handling one under the Bush Administration.:roll:

You guys on the right are unbelievable, you cant even take responsibility for a conservative failure when a conservative takes responsibility for his administrations failures.

SouthernDemocrat said:
The first time a Federal Disaster was not the responsibility of the Federal Government was when the Federal Government screwed up handling one under the Bush Administration.:roll:

You guys on the right are unbelievable, you cant even take responsibility for a conservative failure when a conservative takes responsibility for his administrations failures.

Bush was at fault for not realizing quick enough how much the mayor and Governor fuc*ked every thing up. Southern boy, how about you make excuses for the preparedness state and initial response of the local democrates.

You guys on the left are unbelievable, did Bush tell all to go to the Superdome? Why didn't Bush have food, water, and medical help at that place he didn't tell people to go? Did Bush not prepare the La. national guard who are legally is under the sole control of the Govenor? Did Bush not take measures years in advace to shore up the levies as should have been done? Since he lived there and campaigned there in the best interests of his local constituents. Is it Bushes fault that he did not direct the mayor of N.O. to take all those school buses we saw underwater and put anyone with a CDL behind the wheel and get those people the hell out of there? Yea, Bush fuc*ked up. But way, WAY friggin less than the local folks. You busy pointing fingers? Point some in the direction that it needs be. Not just at republicans. Your myopic view of this exposes your overwhelming hatred of the Republicans and it is people like you that will always stand in the way of progress and learning from our mistakes. Why didn't the local authorities tell people to make a damn fire and boil water to drink? Why didn't the local authority tell people to go loot some bleach and add 16 drops per gallon if they were so damn thirsty? Good thing we are upstairs or I'd tell you what I really think.

Take my points one by one and do your best.

You've been smacked, teacher style.

I expect no logical responce.

SouthernDemocrat said:

"Conservatives" bare no obligation to take "responsibility." "Conservatives" have said all along that the Federal Government screwed up. President Bush did the right thing whether it be a political move or just for the sake of being the leader.

It's you and your kind that remain steadfast on your political fence above all. It's you and your kind that have chosen to exploit as much as possible with every situation. Throughout the Clinton years, the military sucked on the scraps and the mistreatment of the President and Republicans everywhere (for the most part) remained silent. There low point was the infamous and disruptive "blue dress" scandal. I never considered myself a "Republican", but for the last few years I have watched the Democratic Party bitch, whine, complain, blame, deconstruct, filibust, disrespect, and dishonor their offices. (The ones that they still hold onto, because of a lack of votes.) There loudest front man isn't even a politician. He's a self-serving hypocrit named Michael Moore and the most dispicable thing about his arena, is that Democrats everywhere are all too happy to raise his kind of condescension above their shoulders and politicians secretly grin behind closed doors. It doesn't matter what he hurts or what he disrespects or his lack of morality. He speaks for Democrats and that is all that matters to the Democratic masses. After all, they're running out of ideas to get votes haven't they? Behind closed doors, the Democratic Party are glad Katrina came along and the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton stirred the racial pot. It gave the Democratic Party a chance to put their faces on TV and pretend to care for the black man above anyone else. It's all BS and for votes. The Democratic Party has proven time and again that they will do anything and deface anything for a vote. Until a retired Marine or soldier runs for President, I believe I will always tend to vote Republican now. You know what I find "unbelievable?" The fact that Louisiana is under SouthernDemocrat sponsership and they have absolutely refused to take any kind of blame for anything. The most pathetic is the Governor. This is a woman that has her finger pointed in every direction but at herself. She even has a Mayor that has implied a lack of support from her on "Meet The Press" this past Sunday.

What I saw over the last couple days, is the Republican office stepping up to the plate and the Democratic office running for cover and using FEMA and the President to explain away what they screwed up.

Last edited:
teacher said:
Bush was at fault for not realizing quick enough how much the mayor and Governor fuc*ked every thing up. Southern boy, how about you make excuses for the preparedness state and initial response of the local democrates.

You guys on the left are unbelievable, did Bush tell all to go to the Superdome? Why didn't Bush have food, water, and medical help at that place he didn't tell people to go? Did Bush not prepare the La. national guard who are legally is under the sole control of the Govenor? Did Bush not take measures years in advace to shore up the levies as should have been done? Since he lived there and campaigned there in the best interests of his local constituents. Is it Bushes fault that he did not direct the mayor of N.O. to take all those school buses we saw underwater and put anyone with a CDL behind the wheel and get those people the hell out of there? Yea, Bush fuc*ked up. But way, WAY friggin less than the local folks. You busy pointing fingers? Point some in the direction that it needs be. Not just at republicans. Your myopic view of this exposes your overwhelming hatred of the Republicans and it is people like you that will always stand in the way of progress and learning from our mistakes. Why didn't the local authorities tell people to make a damn fire and boil water to drink? Why didn't the local authority tell people to go loot some bleach and add 16 drops per gallon if they were so damn thirsty? Good thing we are upstairs or I'd tell you what I really think.

Take my points one by one and do your best.

You've been smacked, teacher style.

I expect no logical responce.

I don't think it's a wise idea to tell people to start fires. Esp. when there's no dry ground anywhere. Where were they going to start these fires? And I don't think you could have added enough beach to the available water to make it safe to drink.

I think Bush's main screw up was appointing Brown and not funding the levy securing projects. That, and not having people around him to accurately inform him as to the situation. Three days into it Browns on national TV telling reporters FEMA wasn’t aware of the Convention Center, Astro Dome dilemma until that day. The two hours later Bush is on TV telling Brown “Brownie you’re doing a heck of a job down here.” That means either Bush didn’t have a clue as to the situation, yet was willing to speak about it like he did know. Or he supports his people no matter how bad they screw up.

Now that’s the screw up on the Fed’s level. On a state and local government level, where I think the majority of blame should go, the questions that need answering are basically too many to list. And the local leaders seem only interested in pointing their fingers upwards. So I agree with you that the majority of blame is located several levels below Bush and the Fed's.

Last edited:
How much of a "man" made disaster was this anyway? Do we know how many deaths that can be attributed to those 4 days yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
But the anti-Bush crowd IS making it an issue, that he is personnally responsible for what they claim to be a failure.

Simon W. Moon said:
I wasn't very clear. That was my fault. I should've clearly limited the scope of my comment about it not being an issue to the theme of Bush accepting responsibility. As in, what his mistakes were isn't an issue re his accepting responsibility. My bad.

And I say again the left IS making it an issue, or at least is trying to. So it begs the question what do they think were his personal mistakes.

And for that matter what were the mistakes the Federals made and is perfection the standard against what such enormous endeavours are measured? Quite frankly I think everyone involved has done one heck of a job and it';s high time we started acknowledging that fact and maybe a few thank-you's be said.

GySgt said:
0619...Field Wire Chief. I'm a Communicator. I started out as a radio man.

Cool!!!!!!

Pacridge said:
I think Bush's main screw up was appointing Brown

Well he was second in command at the time and he got overwhelming endorsment from congress including his two state Senators. Brown recieved high praise for his handling of 4 hurricane hits last year. He's a fall guy.

and not funding the levy securing projects.

They were funded more under Bush than Clinton. In fact LA recieves more such funding than any other state $1.93 billion versus the next state CA which only recieves $1.4 billion yet has 7 times the population. And it was the LA congressional delegation that fought for and won the right to divert some of those funds away from levy and flood control.

That, and not having people around him to accurately inform him as to the situation.

There is not a shred of evidence to this effect.

Three days into it Browns on national TV telling reporters FEMA wasn’t aware of the Convention Center,

That is all local, THEY had to inform the Fed they need help. And the Fed's had no authority of power to do anything about it until the Govenor agreed to it. Where those people went, how they got there, what provision were made for them and the necessary security were ALL the responsibility of the state and local officials.

Astro Dome dilemma until that day.

What Astro Dome deliemma?

The two hours later Bush is on TV telling Brown “Brownie you’re doing a heck of a job down here.” That means either Bush didn’t have a clue as to the situation, yet was willing to speak about it like he did know. Or he supports his people no matter how bad they screw up.

They, the Feds, were doing a heck of a job all over the areas that were hit. They were doing a heck of a job in NOLA in SPITE of the local and state officials trying to block them. The aid was sent what didn't get through was due to Blanco blocking it.

Now that’s the screw up on the Fed’s level. On a state and local government level, where I think the majority of blame should go, the questions that need answering are basically too many to list. And the local leaders seem only interested in pointing their fingers upwards. So I agree with you that the majority of blame is located several levels below Bush and the Fed's.

Pacridge said:
I don't think it's a wise idea to tell people to start fires. Esp. when there's no dry ground anywhere.

teacher-I'm guessing you weren't much of a boy scout. Well, were all not like me.

Where were they going to start these fires?

teacher-Are you asking for a lecture on common sence? In that city you couldn't find a way to make a safe, controlled fire? I doubt you're that daft. Quit trying to make points and let's deal with reality. Conceed the point or I'll come up with a dozen off the rip, then you'll look not so swift.

And I don't think you could have added enough beach to the available water to make it safe to drink.

teacher-Do you think I came up with 16 drops per gallon out the air? Are you just being difficult? That's okay. I'll drink up, you go thirsty. Basic survival skills folks. You all would die without a grocery store, wouldn't you? That's okay. More Pez for me.

I think Bush's main screw up was appointing Brown and not funding the levy securing projects.

teacher-Weak. This problem goes back to the begining of N.O. If your gonna blame Bush then blame all back to George Washington. I knew twenty years ago N.O. is below sea level. And I'm from upstate NY. Sorry, but I know stuff. Well, not who won American Idol. Apparently what I take for common knowledge is unfathomable to most. At this point I can only take sollace in the fact I teach my children well. The rest of you can go die of thirst surrounded by water. Not my fault no one knows jack shi*t.

That, and not having people around him to accurately inform him as to the situation.

teacher-That's one I can't understand. Can't Bush just turn on friggin CNN?

Stinger said:
There is not a shred of evidence to this effect.

teacher-And here is the other side of the stupid coin. Let's just march lock step to your individual parties beck and call. Both sides saying, "Not my guy, it's your sides fault." This country gets what it deserves. Do you people how know how asinine you all look. This was a huge cluster fuc*k from top to bottom. You people can't even back up your arguments with facts. Wishful thinking, blind party obedience, fingers deep in ears while singing, "I'm not a stupid as teacher says I am", is no way to go through life.

I'm going back to the basement with my monkey army. The conversation is much more intelligent, witty, and honest.

teacher said:
Pacridge said:
I don't think it's a wise idea to tell people to start fires. Esp. when there's no dry ground anywhere.

teacher-I'm guessing you weren't much of a boy scout. Well, were all not like me.

Where were they going to start these fires?

teacher-Are you asking for a lecture on common sence? In that city you couldn't find a way to make a safe, controlled fire? I doubt you're that daft. Quit trying to make points and let's deal with reality. Conceed the point or I'll come up with a dozen off the rip, then you'll look not so swift.

And I don't think you could have added enough beach to the available water to make it safe to drink.

teacher-Do you think I came up with 16 drops per gallon out the air? Are you just being difficult? That's okay. I'll drink up, you go thirsty. Basic survival skills folks. You all would die without a grocery store, wouldn't you? That's okay. More Pez for me.

I think Bush's main screw up was appointing Brown and not funding the levy securing projects.

teacher-Weak. This problem goes back to the begining of N.O. If your gonna blame Bush then blame all back to George Washington. I knew twenty years ago N.O. is below sea level. And I'm from upstate NY. Sorry, but I know stuff. Well, not who won American Idol. Apparently what I take for common knowledge is unfathomable to most. At this point I can only take sollace in the fact I teach my children well. The rest of you can go die of thirst surrounded by water. Not my fault no one knows jack shi*t.

teacher-That's one I can't understand. Can't Bush just turn on friggin CNN?

I'll try to respond to your post as best I can. It's kind of jumbled.

No, I'm not going to "concede the point." I seriously don't think telling people stranded on their roofs that they should start "controlled fires" is a bright idea. In fact I think it may well be one of the dumbest ideas I've heard lately. Sounds like a boy scout saying "I'm cold, think I'll light my tent ablaze to get warm."

And no I don't think you came up up with "16 drops per gallon out the air." I think the water quality reports are showing the water is/was contaminated with both bio. and chem. toxins. Bleach might well have solved the problem with the bio. toxin but would have done nothing to remove the chem. toxin.

Last edited:
Only problem with this is that the federal government is not responsible for preparing any locality for a natural disaster. That is a local responsibility.

If you live on the Gulf or East coasts, you'd better have a plan for yourself -- that's not the federal government's job to prepare you for the inevitable. Nor is it the federal government's responsibility to care for you when a hurricane hits your area. If you live on the coast, mother nature will eventually show you what she is capable of -- and, you'd better be prepared to get out of her path when she does -- YOUR responsibility to protect yourself and your family, not Washington's.

Rebuilding is your responsibility, too. That's why you buy insurance.

The only time FEMA did its job under the Bush Administration was last year in Florida, a battleground state in an election year.

You guys keep bringing up those school buses, you’re talking about the ability to at best evacuate another 10% of poor, old, and sick that were unable to leave. The mayor definitely should have used those busses, yet even if he had, we still would have had a huge disaster, but I guess it would have been about 10% smaller.

The state and local officials were completely overwhelmed by this disaster. I mean do you not get that? This was a FEDERAL DISASTER. We spent damn near 50 billion on homeland security each year for the last 4 years to be better prepared for FEDERAL DISASTERS. During the nineties, we seemed to have no problem handling FEDERAL DISASTERS. Yet when we slashed FEMA and put a former Horse Show man in charge of it, we can’t handle them anymore, imagine that. Your man Bush is taking responsibility because he knows that despite all the right wing propaganda, when the investigations are finished, the Federal Government will bare a great deal of the responsibility here. Don’t get me wrong, I think the state and local governments made a ton of mistakes, but they were overwhelmed because this was a FEDERAL DISASTER. I mean you guys on the right would blame Davy Crocket for not holding the Alamo if it saved your man’s ass.

What in the hell do we pay taxes for. Last year, my wife and I trusted the federal government with thousands of dollars of our money. We will do the same this year. What is the point though if in the event of a Federal Disaster, we can’t depend on the Federal Government to help in a timely manner? Damn near 5 days later before you do anything of substance is not a timely manner. As a hardworking American Taxpayer, I don’t pay our President to appoint unqualified people to head federal agencies that deal with disasters. I guess this point seems to be lost of the radical right, but a Shih Tzu doesn’t make much of a deer dog and a former president of the International Arabian Horse Association doesn’t make much of a FEMA director and a man who would put the former president of the International Arabian Horse Association in charge of FEMA is about as ignorant as the man who would try to jump up a deer with a Shih Tzu. Moreover, a man who ran every business he was ever set up in into the ground, probably is no good at running government either. Point being, the dog just doesn’t hunt.

SouthernDemocrat said:
The only time FEMA did its job under the Bush Administration was last year in Florida, a battleground state in an election year.

You guys keep bringing up those school buses, you’re talking about the ability to at best evacuate another 10% of poor, old, and sick that were unable to leave. The mayor definitely should have used those busses, yet even if he had, we still would have had a huge disaster, but I guess it would have been about 10% smaller.

The state and local officials were completely overwhelmed by this disaster. I mean do you not get that? This was a FEDERAL DISASTER. We spent damn near 50 billion on homeland security each year for the last 4 years to be better prepared for FEDERAL DISASTERS. During the nineties, we seemed to have no problem handling FEDERAL DISASTERS. Yet when we slashed FEMA and put a former Horse Show man in charge of it, we can’t handle them anymore, imagine that. Your man Bush is taking responsibility because he knows that despite all the right wing propaganda, when the investigations are finished, the Federal Government will bare a great deal of the responsibility here. Don’t get me wrong, I think the state and local governments made a ton of mistakes, but they were overwhelmed because this was a FEDERAL DISASTER. I mean you guys on the right would blame Davy Crocket for not holding the Alamo if it saved your man’s ass.

What in the hell do we pay taxes for. Last year, my wife and I trusted the federal government with thousands of dollars of our money. We will do the same this year. What is the point though if in the event of a Federal Disaster, we can’t depend on the Federal Government to help in a timely manner? Damn near 5 days later before you do anything of substance is not a timely manner. As a hardworking American Taxpayer, I don’t pay our President to appoint unqualified people to head federal agencies that deal with disasters. I guess this point seems to be lost of the radical right, but a Shih Tzu doesn’t make much of a deer dog and a former president of the International Arabian Horse Association doesn’t make much of a FEMA director and a man who would put the former president of the International Arabian Horse Association in charge of FEMA is about as ignorant as the man who would try to jump up a deer with a Shih Tzu. Moreover, a man who ran every business he was ever set up in into the ground, probably is no good at running government either. Point being, the dog just doesn’t hunt.

Stop your whining and get over it already. My sympathy only goes as far as to where my disgust takes over. Right now there are thousands of Marines in New Orleans helping people who have the survival instincts of a lemming. Where are the families of these Marines?....in Camp Lejeune riding out Ophelia by themselves.

There is no right wing propaganda. The Right wing has mentioned plenty of facts about state neglect and there has been no answers. The Left wings "legitimate" facts have been drowned out by personal slurs and non-factors. It's the same old story where they have run out of ideas, so they grab at anything.

You partisan political people are stupid. And by stupid I mean people that offer no solutions...just criticisms as they hypocritically accuse the other side of what they have championed. If anyone has a question on who would be a partisan political tool..it would be a person who regards Michael Moore as a voice for their morality or a person that pries into a President's oral "relations" or names himself "SouthernDemocrat."

GySgt said:
Stop your whining and get over it already. My sympathy only goes as far as to where my disgust takes over. Right now there are thousands of Marines in New Orleans helping people who have the survival instincts of a lemming. Where are the families of these Marines?....in Camp Lejeune riding out Ophelia by themselves.

There is no right wing propaganda. The Right wing has mentioned plenty of facts about state neglect and there has been no answers. The Left wings "legitimate" facts have been drowned out by personal slurs and non-factors. It's the same old story where they have run out of ideas, so they grab at anything.

You partisan political people are stupid. And by stupid I mean people that offer no solutions...just criticisms as they hypocritically accuse the other side of what they have championed. If anyone has a question on who would be a partisan political tool..it would be a person who regards Michael Moore as a voice for their morality or a person that pries into a President's oral "relations" or names himself "SouthernDemocrat."

The thing is, I don’t think it’s a partisan issue. How is disaster preparedness and handling its after affects a partisan issue? It is rather, a competence issue. My central complaint of this administration is that President Bush seems to think that leadership does not involve management, that one can just put good people underneath them and that government will run itself. That is not how it works, the right constantly said that Clinton simply managed government, but things were going a lot better when government was being managed than they are now.

Additionally, I don’t really like Michael Moore but I would say that he is no more intellectually dishonest than right wing pundits like Limbaugh, Hannity, or Coulter are.

Finally, the only reason why I choose the name, Southern Democrat is because I am a “Southern Democrat”. I was born and raised in Arkansas. Moreover, typically, Southern Democrats are the most conservative Democrats. I will take pragmatism over raw ideology any day. The problem is all we get from Bush is raw ideology and no pragmatism.

SouthernDemocrat said:
The thing is, I don’t think it’s a partisan issue. How is disaster preparedness and handling its after affects a partisan issue? It is rather, a competence issue. My central complaint of this administration is that President Bush seems to think that leadership does not involve management, that one can just put good people underneath them and that government will run itself. That is not how it works, the right constantly said that Clinton simply managed government, but things were going a lot better when government was being managed than they are now.

Additionally, I don’t really like Michael Moore but I would say that he is no more intellectually dishonest than right wing pundits like Limbaugh, Hannity, or Coulter are.

Finally, the only reason why I choose the name, Southern Democrat is because I am a “Southern Democrat”. I was born and raised in Arkansas. Moreover, typically, Southern Democrats are the most conservative Democrats. I will take pragmatism over raw ideology any day. The problem is all we get from Bush is raw ideology and no pragmatism.

1) It SHOULDN'T be a partisan issue, but the Democrats didn't skip a beat to rush at the chance to criticize and berate like they have been doing with everything for years. Coffins, dead Iraqi civilians, drowned Americans...all exploitable. Not for the greater good of humanity, but for the all mighty vote. The facts weren't even out yet (and still aren't) and the accusations went flying. The Governor hasn't given herself a chance to take a breath, because she is too busy doing everything she can to push blame for her lack of stewardship skills of her own state. It's swas so predictable how the media has gone from it's emotional immediate reaction of creating contriversy and leading Americans into ignorance, has been slowly showing the bigger issues involved with this and that sole blame of the President was a fool's stance.

Here is one example between facts and partisan BS -

- Average ignorant civilian....it's because of the National Guard being in Iraq!

- Mayor...."I only had 200 National Guardsmen to help me" (Meet The Press)

- Governor...."Where were the Federal Troops?"

- National Guard fact.....37 percent of Louisiana's National Guard is in Iraq. This leaves approximately 6,500 Guardsmen in LA during this storm. The U.S.Army National Guard response to this is that the number that are in Iraq are their "crack" forces. What a copout.

The President hasn't said a word on this. (So far he, despite everyone's rumblings on what a poor leader he is, hasn't taken time out to criticize anybody yet.)

The Governor's response to the number of available, but unused National Guard during those first couple of days?....not a word.

As for President Clinton, he was a better President than a Commander in Chief. The opposite can be said about President Bush.

2) The difference between political analysts, that get paid to criticize, and Moore is that Moore is a profiteer of other people's misery.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
1) It SHOULDN'T be a partisan issue, but the Democrats didn't skip a beat to rush at the chance to criticize and berate like they have been doing with everything for years. Coffins, dead Iraqi civilians, drowned Americans...all exploitable. Not for the greater good of humanity, but for the all mighty vote. The facts weren't even out yet (and still aren't) and the accusations went flying. The Governor hasn't given herself a chance to take a breath, because she is too busy doing everything she can to push blame for her lack of stewardship skills of her own state. It's swas so predictable how the media has gone from it's emotional immediate reaction of creating contriversy and leading Americans into ignorance, has been slowly showing the bigger issues involved with this and that sole blame of the President was a fool's stance.

Here is one example between facts and partisan BS -

- Average ignorant civilian....it's because of the National Guard being in Iraq!

- Mayor...."I only had 200 National Guardsmen to help me" (Meet The Press)

- Governor...."Where were the Federal Troops?"

- National Guard fact.....37 percent of Louisiana's National Guard is in Iraq. This leaves approximately 6,500 Guardsmen in LA during this storm. The U.S.Army National Guard response to this is that the number that are in Iraq are their "crack" forces. What a copout.

The President hasn't said a word on this. (So far he, despite everyone's rumblings on what a poor leader he is, hasn't taken time out to criticize anybody yet.)

The Governor's response to the number of available, but unused National Guard during those first couple of days?....not a word.

As for President Clinton, he was a better President than a Commander in Chief. The opposite can be said about President Bush.

2) The difference between political analysts, that get paid to criticize, and Moore is that Moore is a profiteer of other people's misery.

Are you telling me that Republicans dont play politics?

Come on.

One day, just one day after September 11th, 2001, Sean Hannity was referring to it as the Legacy of the Clinton Administration.

Moreover, the country has always been at its best, when we had a better president than just a commander in chief. I know of few people that would not trade the 90s for the last 5 years. And Coulter is no more of a political analysts than Moore is, but rather, she is just an idiot with a microphone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom