• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Say's Next Stop Iran

freedom69714

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
MY FELLOW AMERICAN'S IF YOU ARE A STRONG BELIEVER IN THE WAR ON TERROR AND IF YOU ARE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 18-32 I ASK YOU WHAT ARE YOU DOING SITTING :eek: IN THAT EASY CHAIR, WITH THAT NICE JOB ,

:eek: DON'T YOU KNOW THAT GEORGE BUSH NEED'S YOU HE WANT'S TO TAKE ON IRAN HOWEVER!!!!HE CAN'T BECAUSE HE / WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH MEN / WOMAN TO DO IT SO I WANT YOU TO GO TO YOUR NEAREST ARMY,MARINE,NATIONAL GAURD , AIR FORCE OFFICE AND JOIN UP :eek: :eek:

NOW LOOK EVEN IF WE DON'T TAKE ON IRAN YOU TELL THEM YOU WANT TO REPLACE ONE OUR BRAVE MEN / WOMEN DO YOUR PART TO STOP THE BACK DOOR SRAFT

ME A MAN TAKE A STAND AND BE COUNTED

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY SPELLING / GRAMMER ERRORS !!

FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME at prsaia1@aol.com

PRS, there is no need to yell. :)

Did you watch the Dr Rice hearing yesterday? If you did, you would have found that your statements above are simply untrue about Iran. Diplomacy will take it's course first.

As for asking men and women to sign up - are you signed up?
There are plenty of enlisted men in thier 40,50,and 60's.

A friend of mine in his late 40's is going back in...

Last edited:
we definatly need to do something about iran.... they are funding the terrorists....... if there was draft, the need was that dire i would sign up most likely

Juf, where is your proof about "funding the terrorists." Secondly, if you were so worried about that, go invade Saudi Arabia. We know they give money to terrorists.

Whatever happened to the Monroe Doctrine? I WANT IT BACK NOW.

Jufarius87 said:
we definatly need to do something about iran.... they are funding the terrorists....... if there was draft, the need was that dire i would sign up most likely

LOL, if you thought Iraq was tough, it will be nothing compared to Iran. Iraq is just stretch of desert and the terrorists still can mount an effective campaign. Iran is full of mountains and hills (a guerrilas paradise), with one of the largest armies in the world. America will eventually need a draft to invade Iran and that is if things in Iraq go extremely well.

We all know Saudi Arabia is the biggest donar to Islamic Terrorism, but hey they export the majority of America's oil - so that's out of the cards.

America can not do f**k all (sorry for my language) with North Korea (the biggest threat to the US) because big old China will get twitchy. And China is the only country that the US Government fears.

If Iran is invaded, you will have to be prepared for the first time since Vietnam - the concept of defeat. This time the UK will not help you - sorry.

Last edited:
A friend of mine in his late 40's is going back in...<<Vauge

Perhaps things have changed, but when I was in the military, the cut-off age was 35.
Now if your friend is still within his "inactive reserve" phase, he may still be able to enlist past the age of 35?

Perhaps things have changed, but when I was in the military, the cut-off age was 35.
Now if your friend is still within his "inactive reserve" phase, he may still be able to enlist past the age of 35?

He graduated from West Point and went into the Air Force. We wants to go back after years of being out.

I'm not sure if it's possible for your friend to re-enlist?
As you said, he's in his late forties, and it sounds like he's been out for over 6 years?
All I can say is...when I was in (82'-86') 35 was the cut off age.

My father made a career out of the A.F., and I have a son currently in the Navy.
I was an A.F. brat growing up.
My whole family has always been Republican.
I'm the rebel Liberal, and I still work for the government! LOL

vauge said:
He graduated from West Point and went into the Air Force. We wants to go back after years of being out.

West Point?
I hope your friend stayed in long enough to get a retirement?
To my knowledge, you need 20 years...then you get a check every month for the rest of your life...not a bad deal, really.
If he went to West Point..he had to have stayed in at least 6 to 10 years...I'm almost sure?
If he has over 20 years and now wants to go back, the rules could be different for such a long enlistment? They might let him back in?

Pretty scary times to want to get in the military, isn't it?

I'd wait about 4 more years till it's safe! LOL

I have to be quite honest... I do not know all the details - other than he is re-enlisting. But sinse he graduated from West Point, he must have done something right.

GarzaUK...agree with your post, and welcome.

As far as China and North Korea, once the U.S. started getting worried about North Korea...I thought it was an excellent opportunity for the U.S. to form better relations with China.
China was also worried about North Korea, so why not say..."Hey China, let's put the screws to this Kim Jongy guy...Haha."
It could be the beginning of a great friendship?
Can't hurt trying.

Since your from the UK ( I used to live in Stow on the Wold..seriously!) here's a blast from the past for you....

God Save the Kinks!

Sorry for all the posts tonight, guys...it's not my fault...it's that Demon Alcohol.

Jufarius87 said:

Why wait for a draft, why don't you volunteer now? What excuse are you waiting for? :confused:

I also agree with GarzaUK, the geography of that area is very brutal.

If the WMDs aren't Iraq, it must be in Iran right? Poor Bush. He's really making himself look real awful.

LOOK AWFUL?????????!!!!!!!! He is awful. We are going to pick on Iran because of soem reason that doesn't exist. Meanwhile, the Chinese governemnt limits birth and kills babies and is a strict communist government. The only exception is that they have a strong army that could actually give a hurtin to us. To highspeed, I'm sure we wouldn't enlist because most of us are smart enoguh not to list into a foolish and non existant cost.

Hoot said:
GarzaUK...agree with your post, and welcome.

As far as China and North Korea, once the U.S. started getting worried about North Korea...I thought it was an excellent opportunity for the U.S. to form better relations with China.
China was also worried about North Korea, so why not say..."Hey China, let's put the screws to this Kim Jongy guy...Haha."
It could be the beginning of a great friendship?
Can't hurt trying.

Since your from the UK ( I used to live in Stow on the Wold..seriously!) here's a blast from the past for you....

God Save the Kinks!

Sorry for all the posts tonight, guys...it's not my fault...it's that Demon Alcohol.

Aren't we trying to work harder with China? I thought Bush was making movement in this area. It's hard to follow/find news about it. Most of the international news is so centered on Iraq.

Ah, that Demon Alcohol-
Oh demon alcohol,
Sad memories I cannot recall,
Who thought I would say,
Damn it all and blow it all,
Oh demon alcohol,
Memories I cannot recall,
Who thought I would fall a slave to demon alcohol.

Barley wine pink gin,
He’ll drink anything,
Port, pernod or tequila,
Rum, scotch, vodka on the rocks,
As long as all his troubles disappeared.

Ray can really say it all at times. Jack, neat please, while I enjoy a Cohiba Siglo and watch the sunset.

Pacridge said:
Aren't we trying to work harder with China? I thought Bush was making movement in this area. It's hard to follow/find news about it. Most of the international news is so centered on Iraq.
I don't know about harder, but the relationship with Wen Jiabao, the premier of China, has made strangebedfellows. Bush's war on terror has given China carte blanche by stifling political unrest in Xinjiang and Tibet. Two of China's biggest hotspots for revolution against the dictatorship. Of course, there's the upcoming tensions that will apex around Taiwan as elucidated in the following article:

Taiwan ‘holds key to Sino-US relations’ in second term
Crucial to the success of the Bush foreign policy in the new term is America’s relations with China, which has indicated that Washington’s handling of the Taiwan question would be a critical factor in Sino-US relations.
“We hope that during the second term of the Bush Administration, the constructive cooperative relationship between China and the United States can continue to achieve progress”, said Foreign Ministry spokesman Kong Quan. “And one of the important critical factors is the proper handling of the Taiwan question. We hope the US government can properly handle this issue”.
China considers Taiwan part of its territory and has pledged to reunify the island with “the motherland”, by force if necessary. The US is obliged by law to supply Taiwan with defensive weapons if its security is threatened.
China refrained from making specific comments on the State of the Union address last week, but said it hoped Washington would spread peace rather than war and dominance over international affairs.
“We think the United States is a country with major influence in the world. We hope the United States will play a positive role in promoting peace, stability and development in the world”, Kong told a regular briefing.
In response to Bush’s statements that America “will stand with the allies of freedom to support democratic movements in the Middle East and beyond”, Kong replied that “Middle East affairs should be resolved by people in the Middle East”.
Asked whether China believed it was being lumped in with countries where Washington wants to promote democracy, Kong declined to answer but argued that China had become more democratic.
“We’ve all along made remarkable progress in carrying out democracy legislation and in other areas. The Chinese people will unswervingly go down the road it chooses and we are fully confident of China’s glorious future”.
On Bush’s portrayal of the international situation, Kong said that while China agreed there were “unstable factors” such as terrorism, Beijing believed all states should follow the UN Charter to safeguard world peace.
Sino-US relations suffered a rocky period at the start of Bush’s first term when his Administration described China as a “strategic competitor”, and following a mid-air collision between a US spy plane and a Chinese fighter jet.
The two sides have since vastly improved ties, with cooperation in anti-terrorism and negotiations with North Korea.

Oh, and as for the draft that's been threatened by the OP. Well, there's one handy phrase "I'm not gay, but I can learn". Hurray for the homophobic loophole!

shuamort said:
Oh, and as for the draft that's been threatened by the OP. Well, there's one handy phrase "I'm not gay, but I can learn". Hurray for the homophobic loophole!

Maybe I'm just not awake yet, What's the OP?

Pacridge said:
Maybe I'm just not awake yet, What's the OP?
Original Post(er). Sorry, shorthand from another forum.

Pacridge said:
Absolutely. Pressure is being applied in China as well.

Source: Washington Post

BEIJING, Feb. 6 -- The Chinese government has given U.S. officials a list of 51 political prisoners who have been granted sentence reductions or are being considered for early release, a gesture that comes as the Bush administration is weighing whether to sponsor a resolution criticizing China's human rights record at a U.N. meeting next month.
The list was delivered last week to a State Department delegation visiting Beijing for discussions about resuming a formal U.S.-China dialogue on human rights, according to the Dui Hua Foundation, a human rights group in San Francisco that was also given a copy of the list by the Chinese.

liberal1 said:
LOOK AWFUL?????????!!!!!!!! He is awful. We are going to pick on Iran because of soem reason that doesn't exist. Meanwhile, the Chinese governemnt limits birth and kills babies and is a strict communist government. The only exception is that they have a strong army that could actually give a hurtin to us. To highspeed, I'm sure we wouldn't enlist because most of us are smart enoguh not to list into a foolish and non existant cost.

I think to say we're "going to pick on Iran because of some reason that doesn't exist" Is a very uninformed statement. Iran is problem. They're currently making head way into gaining ground to become a nuclear power. They are making some veiled attempts to hide their intentions, but I seriously don't think any country's buying their BS. Some of what came out of the 9/11 report is that while Iraq may not have had any real ties to al Queda, Iran most certainly did and is maintaining those ties. As John Stewart joked on the "Daily Show" right after the report came out- "Give Bush and his team credit, they were only off by one letter." So I think Iran is a problem.

I also think it may be a bigger, more imminent problem than it was prior to our invasion of Iraq. Now we're in Iraq and we've lost over 1400 lives and spent billions of dollars. We did this to bring a democratically elected government to the country (though I thought we were going there to rid them of their WMD- that's whole another story) and to build/spread peace in the region, right? Now the people of Iraq are voting, and you just have to give Bush, his team and the Iraqi people credit for pulling that off, seriously way to go! So, now the government of the new Iraq is taking form. One of the main concerns arising is that that new government will have close ties to and look a whole lot like the government of Iran. Iran openly, and not so openly, campaigned for several candidates. Several of those candidates, it looks like, were elected. As Iran pushes it's influence on Iraq, ours will certainly be a risk. As will any attempt to maintain the democracy in which we've invested so heavily.

So to say Bush is "picking" on Iran somehow just doesn't ring true with me. I think he has no other choice but to move forward. In fact, I think he'd be completely wrong not to be taking action and what ever action is needed to ensure we continue to make gains in the region. At this point he/we have no other choice.

I do find it ironic that Bush's father basically predicted these problems. He said the reason he didn't go in a take out Saddam after the first Gulf war was it would create a power vacuum in the region and there a very good chance after removing Saddam you'd end up with another government much like Iran's. That's a paraphrase of what he said. I don't have the exact quote right at the moment, but that's basically what he said. Sometimes, it seems, father does know best.

God forbid that some other country should gain nuclear power. Many people think that we have the power to dictate another nation's power and policies just because we are the most powerful on earth. Since Bush is already under the illusion that he is unstoppable because of god then he feels that whatever he does is right and just.

liberal1 said:
God forbid that some other country should gain nuclear power. Many people think that we have the power to dictate another nation's power and policies just because we are the most powerful on earth. Since Bush is already under the illusion that he is unstoppable because of god then he feels that whatever he does is right and just.

Like it or not the nuclear cat's out of the bag. Some countries have it, we're one of them. Nothing can be done about that now. Keeping nations that sponsor terrorism from obtaining nuclear weapons benefits everyone. You can't seriously think Iran obtaining a nuke is a good idea? Let's face it some kids just don't play nice while in the sandbox, Iran's made it very clear they have no intentions of playing nice.

I'm no fan of Mr. Bush or the things he's doing to this country. But to think he's believes he "unstoppable because of God" somehow- might be a little over the top.

I just want to ask, Im not that big of a Bush fan myself, and he isn't perfect. But what would you have done differently? He had a suspicion of WMD, or so we were told. So he took that into account and attacked trying to get rid of them, as well as try to weed out some more terrorist. Iran is a problem, its only going to grow and get worse the longer we leave it alone. Its like Ivy, the longer you leave it, the more it takes over.

Chaos10187 said:
I just want to ask, Im not that big of a Bush fan myself, and he isn't perfect. But what would you have done differently? He had a suspicion of WMD, or so we were told. So he took that into account and attacked trying to get rid of them, as well as try to weed out some more terrorist. Iran is a problem, its only going to grow and get worse the longer we leave it alone. Its like Ivy, the longer you leave it, the more it takes over.

Excellent question. The main thing I would have done differently is I would have finished the job in Afghanistan before diverting any focus toward Iraq. I think the focus should have stayed on Osama. I was against attacking Iraq from the beginning. In part because I think Bush's father was completely correct when he said taking out Saddam, by force, will create other problems that will may not be able to deal with. T me it wasn't so much an issue of whether he had WMD's or not or if he should be outed. But rather what was the best way to accomplish that task.

The botton line, I think, is that it's really hard to say what would have been the right move. I thinks it's way too easy to fall into the "Monday Morning Quarterback" stance here. Though I'm very troubled to find out so many in the Intel. community were trying to get the Bush people to listen to them and the info they had was basically ignored and or covered up. People should really be appalled at the outting of Am. Joe Wilson's CIA wife. Someone should be rotting in jail for that. Of course that was just the illegal outting of a CIA operative, no oral sex involved, so no need to spend anytime on an investigation.

Back
Top Bottom