• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Says bin Laden Dangerous

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
President Bush made the following statement about bin Laden today:

When he says he's going to hurt the American people again, or try to, he means it,

I take it seriously, and the people of NSA take it seriously.

OK, there is something I dont understand.

Isnt this the same Bush who told us a while back that bin Laden was irrelevant when asked questions about why we had not killed him?

Isnt this the same Bush who told us after 911 that he wanted bin Laden dead or alive?

OK, let me see here. After 911, Bush declares that bin Laden is a dangerous threat, and needs to be taken dead or alive. A couple of years later, Bush declares that bin Laden is no longer a threat, so we dont need to worry about him any more. Now he tells us that bin Laden is a dangerous threat.

Am I missing something here? Or is Bush using bin Laden pretty much for poltiical purposes, as opposed to national security? Or is Bush just flip flopping?

Article about Bush's speech today is here.

Bin Laden suddenly becomes a priority whenever Bush needs a quick change of focus. He may already be dead, but he is more useful as a bogey man than a dead man.

I believe Bin Laden has more or less achieved his stated goal of drawing the U.S. into a prolonged conflict in the middle east in order to bankrupt us.

Don't question, just bask in the honor and integrity that Bush has restored to the White House.

Captain Obvious strikes again! Way to go Bush! Now we really are safer. What, did you get a memo titled, "Bin Laden determined to strike in the US"?

[SIZE=-1]"[/SIZE]When he says he's going to hurt the American people again, or try to, he means it."

[SIZE=-1]"I don't know, i'm not really worried about him."

How can George Bush protect us ... when he doesn't even know where he stands? (should sound familiar)
[/SIZE]

I wonder how many barbacues the Bush family and the Bin Laden family have had?

The bin Laden family are not terrorists. They denounced him years ago, after the Kenya bombings IIRC. That section of Farenhype 9/11 is one of the biggest examples of deception in that piece of **** movie.

Binary_Digit said:
The bin Laden family are not terrorists. They denounced him years ago, after the Kenya bombings IIRC. That section of Farenhype 9/11 is one of the biggest examples of deception in that piece of **** movie.

Yeah but the movie is always good for a laugh, most intelligent people don't take it seriously.

Bush wants a Cold War sort of America, were people are scared all the time and go along with what the Government says. The boogeyman was the Stalin and the Soviet Union, now it is OBL and his Islamic extremists. He ain't fooling us over here however.

Befuddled_Stoner said:
Don't question, just bask in the honor and integrity that Bush has restored to the White House.

Not only that, but he has united our country since he became our president.

aps said:
Not only that, but he has united our country since he became our president.

He hasn't made a single effort to reunited the country, it has always been "my way or the high way." I would understand if he tried to unite the people but failed because the people were too partisan. But he didn't.

F for effort - Bush does not listen well in class and would rather hang around with is gang Donald, Dick and Condi that participate with the rest of his classmates. :smile:

GarzaUK said:
He hasn't made a single effort to reunited the country, it has always been "my way or the high way." I would understand if he tried to unite the people but failed because the people were too partisan. But he didn't.

F for effort - Bush does not listen well in class and would rather hang around with is gang Donald, Dick and Condi that participate with the rest of his classmates. :smile:

Donald, Dick and Condi ARE his classmates. :lol: Your partisan jealousy is funny, though. It reminds me how Red State America came through last time and how they'll do so again in 2008.

Your partisan jealousy is funny, though. It reminds me how Red State America came through last time and how they'll do so again in 2008.
Oh, the irony!

KCConservative said:
Donald, Dick and Condi ARE his classmates. :lol: Your partisan jealousy is funny, though. It reminds me how Red State America came through last time and how they'll do so again in 2008.

Yea, the red states always come through..... Like in Texas, where Tom Delay is about to get his butt handed to him by a Democrat. LOL. I think what people are looking for here is a little honesty. I dont know how that works for the rest of the country, but here in Texas, there are a lot of Conservatives who are willing to hold their noses and vote in a Democrat. I wont be one of them, as I will be voting Libertarian again this year. That is a choice Conservatives dont have to hold their noses to vote for.

KCConservative said:
Let us know how that works out for you.

Small steps. Rome wasnt built in a day. Ron Paul knocked out all Republicans he ran against in his district, which is one of the most Conservative in America (real Conservatives, too), to win the Republican primary, and went on to the House in a cakewalk. Michael Badnarik is doing very well in his district, and if he wins this year, Libertarians will have 3 members who vote on bills according to Libertarian principles. The irony here is that 2 are from Texas, the home state of George Bush. Not everything in Texas is Bush, from the viewpoints of many Conservatives who dont just talk about Conservatism, but actually practice it.

UBL is still living in a hole under ground, it's his terrorist group that we fear, and are monitoring, as we should. He is simply a mouth piece, always has been, as he personally, can hardly even hold a bomb, much less use one to hurt any American. Bush was correct, we still have to be very concerned with this terrorist org. I just don't see the need for this spin on his honest press conference, and I was quite pleased with the way he handled himself today, I usually cringe more at his press conferences.:lol:

KCConservative said:
Let us know how that works out for you.
We will never end this stupid 2-party system if nobody tries. Cheers Dan, thanks for standing out! Libertarians and true Conservatives have one thing in common that Bush and the neocons don't believe in: limited government.

Binary_Digit said:
We will never end this stupid 2-party system if nobody tries. Cheers Dan, thanks for standing out! Libertarians and true Conservatives have one thing in common that Bush and the neocons don't believe in: limited government.
Exactly. Republicans are Democrat Lite..... Or is it that Democrats are Republican Lite? Which of the 2 major parties is the chicken and which one is the egg? That question will run you in circles if you try to figure it out. LOL.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Binary_Digit
He's still a family member. When we knew where he was, did Bush send in Delta Force to get him? Hell no! He asked the Northern Alliance street thugs to do the dirty work. What a dependable bunch of guys they were.

The movie was right on the money. It's a joke to think otherwise.

The movie was right on the money. It's a joke to think otherwise.
Ugh, sorry I've heard enough lol!

Originally posted by Binary_Digit
Ugh, sorry I've heard enough lol!
I don't think so. I've decided your gonna here a little bit moore.

Was it a fake the lady standing outside a ruined building crying that we just killed her entire family?

I never said it was fake, I meant it was biased to the point of deception. Didn't you notice in the movie how Bush let the bin Laden family escape from America, but that piece of trash MM didn't bother to mention they aren't even terrorists? Obviously the viewer is led to believe something that isn't true, and that's just the same as lying in my book. I wouldn't believe someone who tried to put that kind of **** past me, I'd be pissed off! He's a tool, no better than Ann Coulter or Pat Robertson, plain and simple!

Did the movie say why that poor lady's family was bombed? Was it an accident? Was it on purpose? Was her family hiding terrorists? I guess we don't know do we? Again MM leaves us to assume the worst. Dishonesty in disguise, the worst possible kind.

Really that's kinda pointless anyway. Don't get me wrong, I have sympathy for each and every human being who suffers over there, on both sides. Civilian casualties are heartbreaking, but they are unavoidable. Ultimately the issue is not about civilian casualties, it's about the rationale for going to war in the first place. A responsible search for truth in this controversy should involve recognizing and disregarding bullshit bias on both sides of the debate, not just the other guy's.

Back
Top Bottom