• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Says bin Laden Dangerous

Billo_Really said:
I said electrical, not electronics. I stop at 60Hz.

Everyone needs a building permit to do any type of construction. If it involves electrical wiring of building systems (ie, power, lighting, computer data, PA, Fire Alarm, Security, etc) I design/draw the plans on Autocad that are submitted to building departments, DSA, OSHPD, etc. for approval.

Technically I'm called an electrical engineering consultant.
I know how to do lighting and switches. I have done Autocad but not get paid for it. I am a Computer Technician with lots of electrical experience. Can wire anything in my car, as for ratings wise, I stop at 1,000W. Anything else is fatal just to play around with.

Originally posted by stsburns;
I know how to do lighting and switches. I have done Autocad but not get paid for it. I am a Computer Technician with lots of electrical experience. Can wire anything in my car, as for ratings wise, I stop at 1,000W. Anything else is fatal just to play around with.
What do they call 1, 2 and 3 in a common 3-way switch wiring diagram?

wiring0li.jpg

Billo_Really said:
I said electrical, not electronics. I stop at 60Hz.

Everyone needs a building permit to do any type of construction. If it involves electrical wiring of building systems (ie, power, lighting, computer data, PA, Fire Alarm, Security, etc) I design/draw the plans on Autocad that are submitted to building departments, DSA, OSHPD, etc. for approval.

Technically I'm called an electrical engineering consultant.
In Houston, you need a permit just to sneeze. The City of Houston is making a sincere effort to get rid of Joe Garage electricians, plumbers, and mechanical contractors. The penalties have gone way up for pulling a permit, and city inspectors have adopted the International Energy Code, Along with the International Building Code. For mechanical contractors, Houston is presently mulling over forcing all mechanical contractors to do load analyses before they replace any equipment. This will force more than half of A/C contractors in the Houston area out of business. While I am normally against government intervention, I am fully in favor of what the City of Houston is doing. If you saw some of the messes I have seen on installations performed by Joe Garage contractors, which needed massive corrections, you would be in favor of what the city is doing too.

Billo_Really said:
What do they call 1, 2 and 3 in a common 3-way switch wiring diagram?

wiring0li.jpg
A X-10 Way Circuit?

danarhea said:
President Bush made the following statement about bin Laden today:

OK, there is something I dont understand.

Isnt this the same Bush who told us a while back that bin Laden was irrelevant when asked questions about why we had not killed him?

Isnt this the same Bush who told us after 911 that he wanted bin Laden dead or alive?

OK, let me see here. After 911, Bush declares that bin Laden is a dangerous threat, and needs to be taken dead or alive. A couple of years later, Bush declares that bin Laden is no longer a threat, so we dont need to worry about him any more. Now he tells us that bin Laden is a dangerous threat.

Am I missing something here? Or is Bush using bin Laden pretty much for poltiical purposes, as opposed to national security? Or is Bush just flip flopping?

Article about Bush's speech today is here.

On September 13, 2001, Mr. Bush said, "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
Hundreds of billions of dollars later and countless lives lost, Bush had a change of heart on March 13, 2002:
"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
Of course it's not "our" priority. "Our" being the global banking cartel who call all the shots:
"...You know, by the time you become the leader of a country, someone else makes all the decisions." August 1998, Bill Clinton speaking in Ireland
http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd125.htm

Robodoon said:
On September 13, 2001, Mr. Bush said, "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
Hundreds of billions of dollars later and countless lives lost, Bush had a change of heart on March 13, 2002:
"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."

Yes, this little chestnut keeps popping up. It was obvious to me and to those who re-elected him, that Bush meant bin laden isn't the power figure he once was. Once the Taliban was dismantled, he became rather insignificant - not those who work for him, obviously, but he himself. I didn't take the president's comment to mean that we have given up trying to locate him or his thugs and bring them to justice. Our military still has bin laden on it's mind, no matter what off the cuff remark Bush might make.

I rememer when I was stood up at the altar in 1987. I was moments away from getting married and she dumped me. I was crushed that the woman I loved and to whom I had proposed marriage had done this awful thing to me. It took a long time, but I eventually got over it. About a year later I told my family and friends that I didn't care anymore. I had moved on and put the entire thing behind me. About 10 years later, I saw her at a social event and the emotions swept over me. I wanted to kill her. Even though I had put it all behind me, I knew deep down that I still wanted revenge. Bush hasn't forgotten what bin laden did and he will always want to even the score.

It's amusing what desperation can do, I guess. For the liberals to try and make that quote into something it wasn't is funny.

Last edited:
Originally posted by stsburns:
A X-10 Way Circuit?
I don't know what an X-10 Way Circuit is.

The answer to the quiz are:

1. Traveler
  2. Return
  3. Switch-leg

Billo_Really said:
I don't know what an X-10 Way Circuit is.

The answer to the quiz are:

1. Traveler
  2. Return
  3. Switch-leg
Ow man! I can give you a taste of what I have to remeber in the Computer World.

Define Acronyms:
HTTMLS
IDE
Ultra DMA
BIOS
FAT
NTFS
RAID
MAC Address
TCP/IP

Just to name a few...These should all be availible to find online, except Ultra DMA. Because it is old technology but they stuff it in our brains anyway. :doh

Originally posted by stsburns;
Ow man! I can give you a taste of what I have to remeber in the Computer World.

Define Acronyms:
HTTMLS
IDE
Ultra DMA
BIOS
FAT
NTFS
RAID
MAC Address
TCP/IP

Just to name a few...These should all be availible to find online, except Ultra DMA. Because it is old technology but they stuff it in our brains anyway.
I know BIOS = Basic Input Operating System (I think).

I'm not a computer guy.

Back
Top Bottom