• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bush Pushes Back Memoirs to after Midterms

I am amazed at how awesome Bush appears to be acting while he isn't president.

any chance the gallies will be available to the media before the mid term election ...

I am amazed at how awesome Bush appears to be acting while he isn't president.

He was always amazing, you just finally pulled you head out of a dark place to see it for once.

He was always amazing, you just finally pulled you head out of a dark place to see it for once.

American that was a good one. You're the funny guy at work aren't ya?

Bush made many mistakes, was too much a believer in "Gov't", but he IS an honest and decent man that tried to do the RIGHT thing.
His version of right wasn't always mine, but he is an honorable fellow.

Bush made many mistakes, was too much a believer in "Gov't", but he IS an honest and decent man that tried to do the RIGHT thing.

I'll give you this Mr.V, I've met Mr. Bush before at a rally at NKU in Kentucky. I got to shake his hand, he has softer hands than any man I've ever shook hands with, but he has a decent grip. That is beside the point.

Bush Sr. didn't even want him to be president, they were going for Jeb. From a religious and personal point of view he is a decent guy, but he also was easily manipulated by Cheney and Rove and more than any president before him has the phrase "just a figure head" ring so true.

I'll give you this Mr.V, I've met Mr. Bush before at a rally at NKU in Kentucky. I got to shake his hand, he has softer hands than any man I've ever shook hands with, but he has a decent grip. That is beside the point.

Bush Sr. didn't even want him to be president, they were going for Jeb. From a religious and personal point of view he is a decent guy, but he also was easily manipulated by Cheney and Rove and more than any president before him has the phrase "just a figure head" ring so true.
it's a shame the shrub made it to the white house
jeb was the bush who probably would have been a good president
his (well intentioned but) dumb ass brother's legacy will prevent jeb's opportunity to show us what he's got

and i had heard it was barbara bush who refused to campaign for dubya, recognizing he was not up to the job (moms know best)

his (well intentioned but) dumb ass brother's legacy will prevent jeb's opportunity to show us what he's got

and i had heard it was barbara bush who refused to campaign for dubya, recognizing he was not up to the job (moms know best)
jeb would definitely make the upcoming race for the republican nomination interesting, i don't see his brother dragging him down that much, and he would be a far better alternative to palin.

jeb would definitely make the upcoming race for the republican nomination interesting, i don't see his brother dragging him down that much, and he would be a far better alternative to palin.

to me, he would be the best possible candidate ... except that he would have to run against his brother's terrible legacy

It was a little of both. Bush was mostly a failure until he found God (and Karl Rove) and becoming the owner of the Texas Rangers boosted him quite a bit too. Before that Bush was to lazy to actually do any real work.

Thought ccomments like the above belonged in the funnies section?

You just have to laugh at hearsay!

You just have to laugh at hearsay!

didn't see babs on the campaign trail
but recognize i was not on that campaign trail to see her

It was a little of both. Bush was mostly a failure until he found God (and Karl Rove) and becoming the owner of the Texas Rangers boosted him quite a bit too. Before that Bush was to lazy to actually do any real work.
Lazy? I think not, it's hard work to keep the colors within the lines..

I agree. I didn't agree with President Bush on many things, but I did have the pleasure of meeting the man three times. Each time he was a joy to talk to even though we mostly talked about baseball.

Just like Carter, honest and decent man, and tried to do the right things.
But history crucifies Carter, and it will W. as well...

Just like Carter, honest and decent man, and tried to do the right things.
But history crucifies Carter, and it will W. as well...

No, Carter was a certifiable lost cause. Bush will have to wait 20 years for a less emotional appraisal of his terms. Nixon was rehabilited to not be a total loss, Carter has not. Bush I think will come out better then emotion driven people like you peg him as.

No, Carter was a certifiable lost cause. Bush will have to wait 20 years for a less emotional appraisal of his terms. Nixon was rehabilited to not be a total loss, Carter has not. Bush I think will come out better then emotion driven people like you peg him as.

The doctor says I have 20 years left, but the latter years won't be good. I won't be able to type, for one thing. Let's meet back here in 10 years and reassess the situation. My bet is, Carter will come out on top for his domestic and energy policy efforts, Bush will come out on bottom in all categories.

Bush like Nixon, will be remembered for being deceitful, his clumsiness, etc. People really only started feeling bad for Nixon until after he died, and really that wasn't much either. I would say really all things considered Nixon wasn't to horrible when you take away the scandalous part and the fact that there are tapes of him plotting on how to make things better for insurance companies, Watergate, etc.

Bush I think we would definitely have to wait until he has passed on.

Back
Top Bottom