• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush: Osama Bin Laden aided my reelection

And this is somehow something that most Americans weren't aware of last November?

At least democrats can't complain about Nader anymore.

Bin Laden was the spoiler.

Of course he did.President Bush uses a Boogey Man strategy and Osama Bin Laden is the living version of the Boogey Man.
President Bush scared Americans into voteing for him against their best interests.

Of course I heard all about this over two years ago, how UBL wanted Bush to remain in office to continue to help aid in recruiting terrorists to his cause. This of course was a liberal myth, but it's funny how this sort of rhetoric never dies, it just gets more creative with time. I think that the author is just throwing this back in the face of those who made this preposterous presumption, and apparently it's working as planned, LOL!:rofl

Deegan said:
Of course I heard all about this over two years ago, how UBL wanted Bush to remain in office to continue to help aid in recruiting terrorists to his cause. This of course was a liberal myth, but it's funny how this sort of rhetoric never dies, it just gets more creative with time. I think that the author is just throwing this back in the face of those who made this preposterous presumption, and apparently it's working as planned, LOL!:rofl

I don't think OBL cares who is president one way or the other. It's amazing to me that OBL surfacing before the election would help Bush, which it seemed to. To me it just reinforced the continued fact that this administration has been unable to kill or capture the main perpetrator of 9/11/01

Don't get me wrong.

I think Bush would have won regardless if this video came out or not. This video was the final nail in Kerry's coffin.

hipsterdufus said:
I don't think OBL cares who is president one way or the other. It's amazing to me that OBL surfacing before the election would help Bush, which it seemed to. To me it just reinforced the continued fact that this administration has been unable to kill or capture the main perpetrator of 9/11/01

I agree, UBL had no horse in that race, and he even made mention of that if I am not mistaken, something about not caring for Kerry either? Still, finding UBL is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, one that we are not even allowed to inspect, i.e Pakistan. He is cut off, and all he can do is make silly tapes, and those have even proved useless, as he has yet to provide his org. with another attack on this great country. I think we should laugh at him, and remind him how irrelevant he is, I know I chuckle everytime I see a new tape!:rofl

Everytime I see an Osama video surface it reinforces the very fact that the last administration had 8 years to do something about this asshole and did nothing.

It also reinforces the fact that this current administration should have already brought this guy down and hasn't yet.

Deegan said:
Our invasion of Iraq hasn't created more terrorist activity?
The number of serious international terrorist incidents more than tripled last year, according to U.S. government figures, a sharp upswing in deadly attacks that the State Department has decided not to make public in its annual report on terrorism due to Congress this week.

Overall, the number of what the U.S. government considers "significant" attacks grew to about 655 last year, up from the record of around 175 in 2003, according to congressional aides who were briefed on statistics covering incidents including the bloody school seizure in Russia and violence related to the disputed Indian territory of Kashmir.

Terrorist incidents in Iraq also dramatically increased, from 22 attacks to 198, or nine times the previous year's total -- a sensitive subset of the tally, given the Bush administration's assertion that the situation there had stabilized significantly after the U.S. handover of political authority to an interim Iraqi government last summer.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/04/26/AR2005042601623.html

Bin Ladens stated goal is to bankrupt the U.S. and he is doing a pretty good job so far. It's not as if he didn't use this same strategy with Russia.

Last edited:
Deegan said:
I agree, UBL had no horse in that race, and he even made mention of that if I am not mistaken, something about not caring for Kerry either? Still, finding UBL is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, one that we are not even allowed to inspect, i.e Pakistan. He is cut off, and all he can do is make silly tapes, and those have even proved useless, as he has yet to provide his org. with another attack on this great country. I think we should laugh at him, and remind him how irrelevant he is, I know I chuckle everytime I see a new tape!:rofl

I can't get you American that think you are winning the war on terror just because you don't have another atack on american soil. Of course I can understand that you are glad that you don't have had another atack. But still it's egoistic and short time thinking.

Because al qaeda or groups inspired by them have atacked two close allieds directly UK and Spain and one indirectly Australia. At the same time al qaeda or groups inspired by them have done atacks in many muslim countries allied with the USA. They have also been involved in the insurgency in Iraq.

scottyz said:
Our invasion of Iraq hasn't created more terrorist activity? Bin Ladens stated goal is to bankrupt the U.S. and he is doing a pretty good job so far. It's not as if he didn't use this same strategy with Russia.

We are not Russia, and we took both Afghanstan and Iraq in a matter of weeks, not to mention our goals are not imperialism, but democracy, and this is why we will win.

Deegan said:
We are not Russia, and we took both Afghanstan and Iraq in a matter of weeks, not to mention our goals are not imperialism, but democracy, and this is why we will win.
We took cities, but we have never taken the whole country. We even have trouble keeping some of those cities under our control. Like Russia in Afghanistan we do not control the countyside.

How will we win? Do you really think the sects and tribes that make up Iraq care about western Democracy?

Deegan said:

Why are we going to win because of democracy?

The nation we are forcing democracy on has been in a religious tug-of-war with itself for atleast the past 1500 years. Its narrow-minded to assume these people can or will come together under one democratic umbrella.

scottyz said:
We took cities, but we have never taken the whole country. We even have trouble keeping some of those cities under our control. Like Russia in Afghanistan we do not control the countyside.

How will we win? Do you really think the sects and tribes that make up Iraq care about western Democracy?

As far as I'm concerned, our job is done, save some help in reconstruction, and from what I see, that should just be monetary help, as we are obviously not welcomed in country, as we are a distraction. They have their chance for democracy, any kind they decide, not our form, but their unique style, what suits them best. They must know this though, screw this up, and fall back under a brutal dictatorship, and we will cut you off for good. Also, if you ever sponsor terrorism with in your state, we will handle you with a hard line next time a round, and that means turning your country in to a piece of glass if necessary. So I say to these infant governments, choose wisely, be responsible, I will not waste another American life on your cause again!

Deegan said:

Hey they aren't my words. I'm quoting the President.

That is surprising...I would have thought Bin Laden would have wanted Kerry to be President because he wanted to treat the war against terrorism as a police action and a kind and sensitve way as Clinton did..........

Kandahar said:
Hey they aren't my words. I'm quoting the President.

I see, well I'll accept that, still, I wonder..................;)

Deegan said:

And what does the ideology have to do with whether we'll win? This sounds like a religious conviction that we'll prevail simply because our cause is just (most communists and Islamists probably believe the same thing).

I agree that we're in a much better position than the USSR ever was in Afghanistan...but that still doesn't mean that we'll win, and it certainly doesn't mean that we'll win because of our ideology.

Kandahar said:
And what does the ideology have to do with whether we'll win? This sounds like a religious conviction that we'll prevail simply because our cause is just (most communists and Islamists probably believe the same thing).

I agree that we're in a much better position than the USSR ever was in Afghanistan...but that still doesn't mean that we'll win, and it certainly doesn't mean that we'll win because of our ideology.

We have won the right to say, we tried, now screw up again, and we have won the right to annihilate you with nuclear weapons, I'm sure God would not agree, but sometimes God and I don't always agree!

Deegan said:

Of course he wants Bush in office.He is winning with Bush.President Bush sent to few troops,not properly equiped to fight. He won't seal the Iranian or Syrian border ( or the Mexican either ) . If we had a diferent President who had some military knowledge or Generals that had guts he might be dead by now.

Navy Pride said:
That is surprising...I would have thought Bin Laden would have wanted Kerry to be President because he wanted to treat the war against terrorism as a police action and a kind and sensitve way as Clinton did..........

I agree with what Kerry said about how to fight the war on terror. IMHO the war against terror will not be over in my lifetime, or my children's lifetime. Kerry basically said that we should get to the place where it is manageable, and not all encompassing and that the war on terror will not be won exclusively by the military.

The right chose to focus on the word "sensitive" - hey that's their right, but it wasn't the focal point of the message.

It all comes out in the wash in the end. Bush is at an all-time low of 34% approval.

72% of American troops in Iraq think the U.S. should exit the country within the next year.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20...xIF;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHVqMTQ4BHNlYwN5bnN1YmNhdA--

Let the Swiftboating of our troops begin :roll:

JOHNYJ said:
Of course he wants Bush in office.He is winning with Bush.President Bush sent to few troops,not properly equiped to fight. He won't seal the Iranian or Syrian border ( or the Mexican either ) . If we had a diferent President who had some military knowledge or Generals that had guts he might be dead by now.

You mean like that loser Kerry?:lol: :rofl

Navy Pride said:
If I were a terrorist waging jihad against a given country, I think I would be glad to have a President of that country who has said that he wasn't concerned about me.
Further, I think I would be glad to have a President of that country who got his military bogged down in a losing urban guerilla war... Especially if I had been looking forward to such an opportunity and talking about it for years.
And further, I think I would be glad to have a President of that country who had alienated the world and disgraced his once proud nation.

hipsterdufus said:
I agree with what Kerry said about how to fight the war on terror. IMHO the war against terror will not be over in my lifetime, or my children's lifetime. Kerry basically said that we should get to the place where it is manageable, and not all encompassing and that the war on terror will not be won exclusively by the military.

The right chose to focus on the word "sensitive" - hey that's their right, but it wasn't the focal point of the message.

It all comes out in the wash in the end. Bush is at an all-time low of 34% approval.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/huffpost/20...xIF;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHVqMTQ4BHNlYwN5bnN1YmNhdA--

Let the Swiftboating of our troops begin :roll:

hips, you love to cite those polls when they agree with your position.......I could take the same poll outside the gate at the Naval Submarine Base at Bangor and get the opposite results........

As far as the war on terror This is no kind and sensitive war that should be fought like a police action...........This is and all out war, maybe the most dangerous in our history with fanatics that want to kill us and don't mind dying to accomplish that...........

The only person we swifboat is that self proclaimed hero and ego maniac John Kerry................

The more accurate wording for the title of this thread would've been, "12 years of 2 Democrat presidents appeasing our enemies, doing nothing about foreign threats like Saddam, tying the hands of our security agencies, not responding to years and years of constant Al Queda attacks on our troops aided Bush's re-election."

Back
Top Bottom