• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush: Osama Bin Laden aided my reelection

aquapub said:
The more accurate wording for the title of this thread would've been, "12 years of 2 Democrat presidents appeasing our enemies, doing nothing about foreign threats like Saddam, tying the hands of our security agencies, not responding to years and years of constant Al Queda attacks on our troops aided Bush's re-election."

Except that's not what Bush claims aided his reelection. No, it was that videotape released just before the election according to the president.

OSAMA: "Death to infidels! Death to America! More terror attacks coming soon!"
VOICE-OVER: "I'm George W Bush, and I approved this message."

Kandahar said:
And what does the ideology have to do with whether we'll win? This sounds like a religious conviction that we'll prevail simply because our cause is just (most communists and Islamists probably believe the same thing).

I agree that we're in a much better position than the USSR ever was in Afghanistan...but that still doesn't mean that we'll win, and it certainly doesn't mean that we'll win because of our ideology.
I don't believe middle easterners make a distinction between invading a country for imperialist reasons and invading to spread "Democracy". I think either way they see it as a western nation of foreigners invading their country and taking over their Government without their input.

Kandahar said:
Except that's not what Bush claims aided his reelection. No, it was that videotape released just before the election according to the president.

OSAMA: "Death to infidels! Death to America! More terror attacks coming soon!"
VOICE-OVER: "I'm George W Bush, and I approved this message."
I think that card is losing its effectiveness. I think initially when Bush mentioned 9/11 a gazillion times in every speech it did work and scared the American people the way he wanted. Now that people are seeing he actually makes terrorism worse and has never caught Bin Laden.. it has become a joke.

scottyz said:
I think that card is losing its effectiveness. I think initially when Bush mentioned 9/11 a gazillion times in every speech it did work and scared the American people the way he wanted. Now that people are seeing he actually makes terrorism worse and has never caught Bin Laden.. it has become a joke.

Is that so....Did it scare you?:roll:

Deegan said:
We are not Russia, and we took both Afghanstan and Iraq in a matter of weeks, not to mention our goals are not imperialism, but democracy, and this is why we will win.

Took,took what How many times has this war been over.Using WWII as an example this war is not won or over.You cannot impose democracy on peole who are incapable of running or understanding it.

Back
Top Bottom