• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush on Iraq and the Apocalypse.

Iriemon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
At his rare unscreened press conference yesterday, Bush was referred to a new book that claimed that members of his administration were reaching out to prophetic Christians who maintain that the Iraq war and terrorism were signs of the coming Apocalypse, and asked him if he believe that. Clearly offguard, his answer was telling. He hemmed and hawed, giggled like he does when cornered, stuttered a few false starts before finally stammering that "I guess I'm a practical fellow." But he did not deny it.

To listen to the exchange, go to NPR's site:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5291835

The pertinent part starts 2:02 minutes into the clip and lasts for 1 minute.

Iriemon said:
At his rare unscreened press conference yesterday, Bush was referred to a new book that claimed that members of his administration were reaching out to prophetic Christians who maintain that the Iraq war and terrorism were signs of the coming Apocalypse, and asked him if he believe that. Clearly offguard, his answer was telling. He hemmed and hawed, giggled like he does when cornered, stuttered a few false starts before finally stammering that "I guess I'm a practical fellow." But he did not deny it.

To listen to the exchange, go to NPR's site:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5291835

The pertinent part starts 2:02 minutes into the clip and lasts for 1 minute.
Here is a link on the Armageddon Lobby. You will find the material there quite interesting. Of course, the Good Book does teach about Armageddon, the Beast system of government, and the last days. According to the Bible, the Antichrist will come from the greatest military and merchantile power which ever existed, which is why I pray that we lose our power quickly, and let another nation take that mantle.

danarhea said:
Here is a link on the Armageddon Lobby. You will find the material there quite interesting. Of course, the Good Book does teach about Armageddon, the Beast system of government, and the last days. According to the Bible, the Antichrist will come from the greatest military and merchantile power which ever existed, which is why I pray that we lose our power quickly, and let another nation take that mantle.

Cool -- Biblical prophesies, born again Christians in the White House, a cosmic plan for the end of the world, Israel and Iraq, and conspiracy in the top levels of government to bring on Armageddon and the Judgment day. Sounds delicious. Or at least a good movie.

Bush's stammering non-denial certainly won't do anything to dissuade me from diving into this stuff. Thanks for the link.

Back
Top Bottom