• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush not interested in meeting with Sheehan

scottyz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/publish/article_7267.shtml

While President George W. Bush travels around the country in a last-ditch effort to sell his Iraq war, White House aides scramble frantically behind the scenes to hide the dark mood of an increasingly angry leader who unleashes obscenity-filled outbursts at anyone who dares disagree with him.

“I’m not meeting again with that *******ed bitch,” Bush screamed at aides who suggested he meet again with Cindy Sheehan, the war-protesting mother whose son died in Iraq. “She can go to hell as far as I’m concerned!”

“Who gives a flying **** what the polls say,” he screamed at a recent strategy meeting. “I’m the President and I’ll do whatever I *******ed please. They don’t know ****.”

Dr. Frank, in his book, speculates that Bush, an alcoholic who brags that he gave up booze without help from groups like Alcoholics Anonymous, may be drinking again.

Last year, Capitol Hill Blue learned the White House physician prescribed anti-depressant drugs for the President to control what aides called “violent mood swings.” As Dr. Frank also notes: “In writing about Bush's halting appearance in a press conference just before the start of the Iraq War, Washington Post media critic Tom Shales speculated that ‘the president may have been ever so slightly medicated.’”

Hey ding dong, now conceentrate like a laser beam...........He already met with her and she said he was the greatest thing since fried rice...........That was before she got brainwashed by Michael Moore and moveon.org though...........

Hey scottyz!

You should do a little background check on Doug Thompson before you use him as a source...

He's already admitted to being a 20-year fabricator.

Can you say "Jason Blair"?

Forget about Doug Thompson. When I open a link to a report, and there's a giant banner telling me to "legalize marijuana," I tend to be a little skeptical. Great source buddy.

mistermain said:
Forget about Doug Thompson. When I open a link to a report, and there's a giant banner telling me to "legalize marijuana," I tend to be a little skeptical. Great source buddy.

Don't ya just love slanted Op-Ed pieces? The lack of credibility is mindboggling...

Like I stated in another thread just a moment ago.
Sheehan had a meeting with Bush once. She does not need two, just because she changed her stand. The mainstream media hides this from the public as best as they can. Thats sad.
Ms. Sheehan has lost the innocent mother image. Her point is in a quagmire now. The media has turned it into a circus and a 'failed' weapon that was supposedly aimed at the President. That is lost now. Now she looks like a crazed woman bent on revenge and gathering 'Sheehan followers.' Had she went home earlier on, her point would have remained more serious, and in her favor. Oh, well.

Stormflame said:
Sheehan had a meeting with Bush once. She does not need two, just because she changed her stand. The mainstream media hides this from the public as best as they can.
I don't what mainstream media you listen to, but I have never heard them hide the fact she met with the president once before. That's a well accepted fact and part of the strategy to swift boat her.

:2razz:
scottyz said:
SHEENIAN,IS A IDIOT LOOKING FOR ATTENTION,[HE SON[GOD BLESS HIM,I HAD A SON IN VIET,HIS CHOISE LIKE HER SON HAD,TO GO TO NAM THE PREZ TALKED TO HER AND THATS MORE THAN THE PREZ WE HAD THEN DID FOR US.BUT.IT WAS HIS CHOISE AND WE AS PARENTS WOULD NOT STAND IN HIS WAY,WHY DID SHE NOT STOP HIM,OR JUST KEEP HER MOUTH SHUT,I THINK SHE IS GETTING ATTENTION THAT SHE NEVER GOT BEFORE[SHE LOVES IT]EVER TO THE POINT OF DEGRADEING HE SON,JUST ANOTHER JANE H-- FONDA,SEE WHERE SHE ENDED UP,ALL ALONE AND BY HERSELF.JUST ANOTHER NUTTIE FEAMALE,[IF THINGS DONT GO MY WAY IWILL CRY AND SCREEM,[BUT NO ONE IS LISTINING]SO JUST SHUTUP AND GET A LIFE,YOU CAN VOLINTEER AND GO OVER TO IRAC,AND FORGET TO COME BACK TO THE GREAT COUNTRY OF THE USA

While I don't necessarily support everything that Sheehan has done, I do love the fact that she has clearly angered the repubilcans/conservatives. They hate her because she has brought awareness as to the questionable reasons we went to war.

Did she deserve a second meeting? Let me just say that the first meeting was with a bunch of families who had lost their sons, daughters, siblings. It was not to discuss the war. She did not technically deserve a second meeting but had Bush met with her, he would have diffused the whole situation. Cindy would have looked like an ass had she continued to protest after he met her (since that was why she was protesting in the first place). Her credibility would have been lost, and the majority of American would have ignored her.

I know, I know--if Bush met with her it would make others think that they could demand a meeting as well. Not so. I think Bush could have said, "I met with Ms. Sheehan because she was the first person to come personally to my house. I made an exception in this case." Boom, ratings go up for Bush, and Cindy is defeated to some extent.

But our president refuses to hear about dissent. When going on tour to promote his ridiculous Social Security reform, only those who support Bush were allowed to attend. What the hell is the matter with this guy? He can't take constructive criticism?

aps said:
While I don't necessarily support everything that Sheehan has done, I do love the fact that she has clearly angered the repubilcans/conservatives. They hate her because she has brought awareness as to the questionable reasons we went to war.

Did she deserve a second meeting? Let me just say that the first meeting was with a bunch of families who had lost their sons, daughters, siblings. It was not to discuss the war. She did not technically deserve a second meeting but had Bush met with her, he would have diffused the whole situation. Cindy would have looked like an ass had she continued to protest after he met her (since that was why she was protesting in the first place). Her credibility would have been lost, and the majority of American would have ignored her.

I know, I know--if Bush met with her it would make others think that they could demand a meeting as well. Not so. I think Bush could have said, "I met with Ms. Sheehan because she was the first person to come personally to my house. I made an exception in this case." Boom, ratings go up for Bush, and Cindy is defeated to some extent.

But our president refuses to hear about dissent. When going on tour to promote his ridiculous Social Security reform, only those who support Bush were allowed to attend. What the hell is the matter with this guy? He can't take constructive criticism?

She is a nutcase whack partisan who has been brainwashed by the likes of Michael Moore and moveon.org..........It would be the dumbest thing the President could do to meet with a fruitcake like her...Even most democrats have distanced themselves from her......

Navy Pride said:
She is a nutcase whack partisan who has been brainwashed by the likes of Michael Moore and moveon.org..........It would be the dumbest thing the President could do to meet with a fruitcake like her...Even most democrats have distanced themselves from her......

So I guess getting a substantive answer from you, Navy Pride, is out of the question. I believe that Cindy went to Crawford prior to her getting involved with Michael Moore and moveon.org. Just FYI.

aps said:
So I guess getting a substantive answer from you, Navy Pride, is out of the question. I believe that Cindy went to Crawford prior to her getting involved with Michael Moore and moveon.org. Just FYI.

You really need to keep up with the news..........Sheehan was in San Francisco in April defending some terrorist (Lynn Stuart) and shouting profanities against President Bush......

http://www.discoverthenetwork.org/Articles/Stewartrally.htm

You need to get a clue...........

Back
Top Bottom