• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush new poll ratings tied with Clinton's last poll rating

stsburns

American Infidel
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
here are the last seven presidents poll ratings:

*Johnson: 35%
*Nixon: 24%
*Ford: 37%
*Carter: 28%
*Reagan: 35%
*Bush I: 29%
*Clinton: 37%
*Bush II: 37%

So eat that trash TV!

stsburns said:

So eat that trash TV!

Anyone care to wager that President Bush will probably reach Nixons record low ratings?

stsburns said:

So eat that trash TV!

What is the source of these polls? And what do you mean by "last poll rating"? When leaving office, or today? Forgive me if I don't believe that Reagan's poll was 35% when he left office, or that Reagan's and Clinton's poll numbers today are only 35% and 37%.

Why does any of this matter?...:confused:

What kind of a loser puts any stock in a poll? Whenever Clinton had a low poll number I didn't jump and dance around like KidRocks, pointing my finger and making posts that essentially say "nah nah nah nah". Who's that fuc*king stupid to think that many people in such a short time change their minds completely on any given topic? And the people that do are those so called swing voters that can be swayed by a single news story or commercial. The moral of the story is...KidRocks, keep these little dances you do up. They show just how trivial and petulant you are. Prattle on all you want about polls. Bush is still the Sheriff.

stsburns said:

So eat that trash TV!

Link please.

Hmmm without digging deeper on the other presidents mentioned, I call bull on this tread . Clinton never dropped bellow 40 on any poll and bellow 50 on only one

http://pollingreport.com/clinton-.htm

dogger807 said:
Hmmm without digging deeper on the other presidents mentioned, I call bull on this tread . Clinton never dropped bellow 40 on any poll and bellow 50 on only one

http://pollingreport.com/clinton-.htm
Not to be a dick because I could care less what anyone thinks from such an ill-informed public, but if you're going to throw out facts, at least throw out the whole deal...

Your link only deals with "He Whom Shall Not Be Blamed"'s second term...All polls you show only go back to 1997...

Last I checked, he was President for a little longer than that...

Is it also true for the first term?...Are there statistics that show the original post is correct?...

I have no idea...I can be motivated to click a link, but nowhere near motivated enough to do research on it...:shrug:

cnredd said:
Not to be a dick because I could care less what anyone thinks from such an ill-informed public, but if you're going to throw out facts, at least throw out the whole deal...

Your link only deals with "He Whom Shall Not Be Blamed"'s second term...All polls you show only go back to 1997...

Last I checked, he was President for a little longer than that...

Is it also true for the first term?...Are there statistics that show the original post is correct?...

I have no idea...I can be motivated to click a link, but nowhere near motivated enough to do research on it...:shrug:

I used a link which is a collaboration of polls from all major polling firms. The site just posts the polls as reported and doesn't alter them. As for the only back to 97 ..your right it is only the second term but since we were talking about Clinton's last poll I thought it would be enough to prove the statement false. I'm pretty sure what I said about the numbers still holds true but would have to research more. I know of no quick and dirty link that shows his first term as well.

stsburns said:

*Bush II: 37%[/B][/SIZE]

So eat that trash TV!

I'll bet the asterisk is the disclaimer in your data that you conveniently fail to mention or cite. :roll:

You're stats are misleading - you're taking just the low watermarks of each president. For instance Clinton's 37% was in July 2003, he also had 64% approval the same year. Clinton was in the 60's consistently during the Lewinsky scandal and ended his 2nd term at 68% approval.

http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/cg...b/PresJob.htx;start=HS_fullresults?pr=Clinton
Only 2 presidents sonce WW2 have had lower approval numbers - Bush I & Nixon.

Look at this trend line from a pool of polls for Dubaia.

NEWBUSHINDEX_6098_image001.gif

Back
Top Bottom