• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush lunch chat is caught on tape [title changed]

talloulou

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/5187276.stm

"The irony is, what they really need to do is to get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop doing this ****, and it's over," Mr Bush was heard to say.

Soon after Mr Blair noticed that the microphone was open and switched it off, reports say. "

Too Funny. I agree wholeheartedly.

edit....ahh it's bleeped out. Surely if Bush can talk like that we should allow it here, no?

I found this funny too.

Mr. Bush also told a staffer that he didn't need speech notes.

"No, I'm just going to make it up as I go along," Mr. Bush said. "Some of these guys talk too long."
:rofl

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/07/17/world/main1807304.shtml:rofl

Last edited:
Re: Bush Expletive

This is all I have heard, people are dying, but the top BBc story is this, f**king ridiculous!:roll:

Well you know it helps to laugh. I know I got a kick out of it. What makes me laugh harder are the people who are freaked about how inappropriate this is? :roll:

Good Grief don't they know he's a :cowboy: I like people who curse but I guess not everyone feels that way. :rofl

talloulou said:
Well you know it helps to laugh. I know I got a kick out of it. What makes me laugh harder are the people who are freaked about how inappropriate this is? :roll:

Good Grief don't they know he's a :cowboy: I like people who curse but I guess not everyone feels that way. :rofl

Well when the key word should have been "Syria" "Iran" or "terrorism" and all they can pick out is ****, I get a bit perturbed!:roll:

I found his commentary realistic and NOT offensive at all. In fact, I thought it was rather charming that he was being so open about how he felt. I think that's one of the reasons he is so likeable--he is down to earth (even though he stinks at being prez).

Deegan said:
This is all I have heard, people are dying, but the top BBc story is this, f**king ridiculous!:roll:

what did you expect
the BBC is anti american

Deegan said:

People were dying during Clinton's administration too but soo many conservatives were worried about a blow job in the white house. Pot meet kettle.

Wow, what actual accurate analysis from the PResident. Seriously. Stop talking about the cursing and just look at what he said...he said the right solution....

TheNextEra said:
People were dying during Clinton's administration too but soo many conservatives were worried about a blow job in the white house.

Since one had nothing to do with the other what exactly is your point? Did Bush's statement have anything to do with committing a felony in a federal court?

TheNextEra said:
People were dying during Clinton's administration too but soo many conservatives were worried about a blow job in the white house. Pot meet kettle.

Bingo!!!!!!

Payback must be a beotch. :rofl

But for once, I agree with Bush. I'll go one even further. If thos folks over there cannot clean their own house of the scourge of the likes of Hamas and Hezbollah they are either retarded cowards or they support their ideology.

Either way, if they can't or won't clean house on their own, I totally support Isreal kicking their butts. Wah wah wah.....

If you sleep with the terrorists then you gotta expect to get a few bombs.

Last edited:

I found it funny. Imagine the uproar it would have caused if Clinton has said it lol. Clinton lied so his wife wouldn't have found out, hmm that has NEVER in the history of the world happend lol. The BBC is not anti-American just, like lots of Europeans are anti-Bush admin. The BBC is quite neutral in European terms.

ShamMol said:
Wow, what actual accurate analysis from the PResident. Seriously. Stop talking about the cursing and just look at what he said...he said the right solution....
I agree, Syria needs to stop hezbolla from this $hit, what's wrong with saying that it's completely accurate. The $hit that hezbolla does is indeed bullshit.
AS for the anti-bbc sentiment, lighten up guys, BBC is probably by far the most neutral of all the world media's, especially when it comes to issues that do not involve the UK.

I had not seen the footage at the time I posted in this thread. While I agree with what Bush said, he looked utterly disgusting as he chewed his food. I can't imagine what it must be like for Laura Bush to have to watch him chew food like a cow with food in his mouth. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. Why doesn't our president have better table manners?

GarzaUK said:
I found it funny. Imagine the uproar it would have caused if Clinton has said it lol. Clinton lied so his wife wouldn't have found out, hmm that has NEVER in the history of the world happend lol. The BBC is not anti-American just, like lots of Europeans are anti-Bush admin. The BBC is quite neutral in European terms.

They have to be, else the regulators come after them. And unlike other news organisations you can complain over thier coverage to an independant council... but hey dont let such things keep the illusion spread by right wing and pro Isreal people that the BBC is anti everything they believe in.

TheNextEra said:

Wait - I thought Clinton lied and no one died.

:confused:

Bush is an idiot and an embarrassment. What was so offensive about the clip wasn't the fact that he used an expletive, it was that we couldn't stop gorging himself and talking with his mouth full. When Bush gives speeches he reveals what a fool he is, but when he is caught off tape is when you really get a glimpse at the clown that we have in the whitehouse.
Don't agree? Compare Tony Blair to Bush in any news clip and you will see that these two men are worlds apart in intelligence, class and tact.

Goobieman said:
Wait - I thought Clinton lied and no one died.

:confused:

Other then the numerous unanswered terrorist attacks .. sure no one died

GarzaUK said:
Clinton lied so his wife wouldn't have found out, hmm that has NEVER in the history of the world happend lol.

He lied so the evidence couldn't be used against him in a federal lawsuit or be used to remove him from office.

Calm2Chaos said:
Other then the numerous unanswered terrorist attacks .. sure no one died

Clinton lied about Iraq, and bombed them for 4 days based on that lie.

So... Clinton lied and no one died?

disneydude said:
Bush is an idiot and an embarrassment. What was so offensive about the clip wasn't the fact that he used an expletive, it was that we couldn't stop gorging himself and talking with his mouth full. When Bush gives speeches he reveals what a fool he is, but when he is caught off tape is when you really get a glimpse at the clown that we have in the whitehouse.
Don't agree? Compare Tony Blair to Bush in any news clip and you will see that these two men are worlds apart in intelligence, class and tact.

I don't think I've -ever- seen a post that is comprised -completely- of ad homonen attacks.

This is, sadly, a first.

Oh wait -- my bad.
"Don't agree" is a question that sets up an ad hominen attack.

WTF is wrong with people.... Since people aren't really upset with what he said.Now you have haters complaining about him eating food.. For christ sake how pathetic of an attack mechanism is it when you have to look that far down the list to complain

I've seen it, awesome to see the true face of our leaders laid bear in an unguarded moment as opposed to the spin of their managed media appearences. Some people, some on this forum amusingly, are far too precious over their elected representatives. They are all guys like everyone else, enjoying the free champagne and grabbing an extra roll, you saw that in this footage. Better still you saw that all the pseudo-philosophical nonsense they dress their speeches up with is nothing but window dressing, and that between themselves they can talk straight.

I thought Bush seemed much more at ease with himself, and with his assessment of the situation in the Middle East, meanwhile Blair did himself no favours to allay the 'lapdog' jibes, coming over to stand on Bush's arm then stumbling over his words, he seemed like the sycophant the media has nailed him as. Not exactly Prime-Ministerial and hardly very eloquent, not what you would expect from a private schooled barrister.

As for the BBC, last night they were again wasting my time with a film preview at primetime, bloody entertainment news that has no place in the headlines. Why? Well because it was a British film of course. It's not anti-American, as some people seem to believe that anything that's not Fox News must be. It does though, often lapse in it's agenda setting for a news channel.

Back
Top Bottom