• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush lunch chat is caught on tape [title changed]

Calm2Chaos said:
WTF is wrong with people.... Since people aren't really upset with what he said.Now you have haters complaining about him eating food.. For christ sake how pathetic of an attack mechanism is it when you have to look that far down the list to complain

Hey they gotta have something to complain about! :rofl Frankly I was relieved when Aps complained about his eating.....after her first post where she used the word Bush and charming in the same sentence I was sure there had been a polar shift and armageddon was coming.

aps said:
I had not seen the footage at the time I posted in this thread. While I agree with what Bush said, he looked utterly disgusting as he chewed his food. I can't imagine what it must be like for Laura Bush to have to watch him chew food like a cow with food in his mouth. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. Why doesn't our president have better table manners?

would you rather he fall asleep during dinner
or if he was to, oh i dont know, throw up on a visiting dignitary
:mrgreen:
although i will agree it does not take long for me to reach across a table to smack someone who chews with their mouth open
only thing worse, in my pet peeves, is when someone calls you and than chews potato chips. I hang up on them

Just goes to show what foul-mouthed leaders we have residing at the White House.

KidRocks said:
Just goes to show what foul-mouthed leaders we have residing at the White House.

How pathetic must you be to need to stoop to that to find an angle of attack....:rofl

Ya think the leaders of every single nation, region, community, town, hamlet or enclave has'nt possibly uttered a foul word in their tenour? :roll:

talloulou said:
Hey they gotta have something to complain about! :rofl Frankly I was relieved when Aps complained about his eating.....after her first post where she used the word Bush and charming in the same sentence I was sure there had been a polar shift and armageddon was coming.

LMAO! talloulou, his table manners were objectively gross! ;)

Seriously, though, there have been times where I think he has exuded warmth and charm. I thought he did a fantastic job after 9-11 (which I believe was when he was at his highest approval rating), where he showed great leadership. But once he decided to invade Iraq, his "fantastic job" was over.

I'm not so much concerned with what he said but the way he was acting. Emily Post, wherever she is, should be highly pissed off right now. lol

The way he was smacking that food and talking with his mouth full make him look so backwards and uncooth.

Talk about lack of social graces.

southern_liberal said:
I'm not so much concerned with what he said but the way he was acting. Emily Post, wherever she is, should be highly pissed off right now. lol

The way he was smacking that food and talking with his mouth full make him look so backwards and uncooth.

All ad hominen, no substance.
Not a surprise.

southern_liberal said:

That's the best you got?

Funny...my thought exactly. Every time that I see King George on TV or giving a speech I think exactly the same thing.....
Is this the best that we got?

Goobieman said:
Not a surprise.

Yeah, and the post above is full of substance--not.

It's that poster's opinion. Maybe you chew your food like that so you don't realize how horrible it looks.

aps said:
Yeah, and the post above is full of substance--not.

It's that poster's opinion. Maybe you chew your food like that so you don't realize how horrible it looks.

I think the point has been made that if you feel the need to insult Bush about the way he eats, you really, really, really, have a problem.

Pathetic................ Simply Pathetic

Goobieman said:
I think the point has been made that if you feel the need to insult Bush about the way he eats, you really, really, really, have a problem.

OMG! Your diagnosis is devastating!

Not.

aps said:
OMG! Your diagnosis is devastating!

Not.

Not devestating.................................Just accurate !!

Goobieman said:
Not a surprise.

Neocon, go play with your guns and bombs. Maybe you can figure out how they work first hand.

southern_liberal said:
Neocon, go play with your guns and bombs. Maybe you can figure out how they work first hand.

Wow. THAT was a very, thoughtful, insightful post.

Goobieman said:

He is the PRESIDENT! He should present himself the best he can. He was talking to another world leader with his mouthful and smacking food. I'm not saying that's an impeachable offense, but it sure would have been nice if he was representing me with some class.

Goobieman said:
Wow. THAT was a very, thoughtful, insightful post.

I was saving that just for you. My, I am thoughtful.

If you would have been interested in saying something other than attacking me, You would have realized I was just giving my opinion. And because it differs from the opinion you have of your savior, I must be mistaken.

southern_liberal said:
He is the PRESIDENT! He should present himself the best he can. He was talking to another world leader with his mouthful and smacking food. I'm not saying that's an impeachable offense, but it sure would have been nice if he was representing me with some class.

And I'll bet you thought you were well-represnted when he was getting a hummer in the oval office. :roll:

Goobieman said:
And I'll bet you thought you were well-represnted when he was getting a hummer in the oval office. :roll:

I don't quite follow what you mean. But if you are referring to Clinton, that was non of my business nor yours, and I would have been just as fine had that story didn't come out.

southern_liberal said:
I don't quite follow what you mean. But if you are referring to Clinton, that was non of my business nor yours, and I would have been just as fine had that story didn't come out.

LOL

Partisanship, anyone?

LOL

Goobieman said:

*sigh* As usual, when the right can't defend something that Bush did, they have to bring up Clinton.

aps said:
*sigh* As usual, when the right can't defend something that Bush did, they have to bring up Clinton.

Well I think it's a fair question.....which is least charming?

Shoving cigars into Monica or chewing with your mouth open?:rofl

southern_liberal said:

To be fair neither Clinton or Bush were actually "presenting" themselves during the topics of discussion. It's not as if Bush were making a formal speech at the time. What was caught on the tape was a very informal discussion taking place between two guys. It was never meant to be presented to the public much like Clinton's hummers.

Back
Top Bottom