• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Lied: The Evidence

KCConservative said:
It is quite clear what I meant. I know of quite a few servicemen and women who are serving or have served in Iraq. None of them disparage the president for engaging in this war on terror, stabalizing the middle east and protecting our homeland. They believe in the president and in this effort. What's not to understand, aps?

Okay, so your answer would be that any service person who does not support this war is disparaging the president and the war in Iraq? That's all you had to say, KC. Why you feel the need to belittle me in the process is beyond me.

I know of several men who have served in this war and feel differently, where they don't support this war, but I also know of those who support this war. I just don't see how the failure to support this war necessarily disparages our president. I don't get it.

aps said:
Okay, so your answer would be that any service person who does not support this war is disparaging the president and the war in Iraq?

That's not what I said, aps. One can disagree with the war and do so without disparaging the president. Forget it, this might be over your head.

KCConservative said:
Here ya go, simon. This might be the poster you have an issue with.

What Simon thought was that you were calling a fellow poster a "tard." That is what I corrected in telling Simon you were not name-calling a fellow poster. It's one thing to call the president a tard, but another to call a fellow poster a tard.

KCConservative said:
That's not what I said, aps. One can disagree with the war and do so without disparaging the president. Forget it, this might be over your head.

You know what? I feel kinda sad because I believe that this has gone over your head. I am seeking clarification and all you can do is belittle me. But, hey, if it helps you build some self-esteem, keep it up.

aps said:
You know what? I feel kinda sad because I believe that this has gone over your head. I am seeking clarification and all you can do is belittle me. But, hey, if it helps you build some self-esteem, keep it up.

If I had wanted to say that diagreeing with the war is equal to disparaging the president, I would have clearly stated that. Twist and Spin on someone else's post.

KCConservative said:
If I had wanted to say that diagreeing with the war is equal to disparaging the president, I would have clearly stated that. Twist and Spin on someone else's post.

*Sigh* You don't get it, do you? Buh-bye, KC. :2wave:

aps said:
*Sigh* You don't get it, do you? Buh-bye, KC. :2wave:
Sometimes lessons are hard to learn. Glad I could help, aps. Buh-bye.

KCConservative said:
Sometimes lessons are hard to learn. Glad I could help, aps. Buh-bye.

LOL KC, somehow I doubt you are smarter than I am, but keep talking like you are.

I was the one who said "tard" sorry.....I was referring to Bush (My opinion). I was not calling any fellow posters names and would not.

aps said:
LOL KC, somehow I doubt you are smarter than I am, but keep talking like you are.
at least I know the difference between "disagreeing with the war" and "disparaging the president". I know that they can be mutually exclusive. And I know when a lib is trying to flame bait. Ciao.

alphieb said:
I was the one who said "tard" sorry.....I was referring to Bush (My opinion). I was not calling any fellow posters names and would not.

No worries, alphieb, your calling the president a tard was clear. One of the moderators thought that another poster was calling you a tard, when he quoted your calling the president a tard (if that makes sense). All is okay here. Welcome to Debate Politics. :)

KCConservative said:
at least I know the difference between "disagreeing with the war" and "disparaging the president". I know that they can be mutually exclusive. And I know when a lib is trying to flame bait. Ciao.

So anyone who questions what you meant by your words is trying to flame you? Okay. I was just seeking clarification. Sheesh :slapme:

KCConservative said:
Here ya go, simon. This might be the poster you have an issue with.
Public figures are fair game.

What? Bush misrepresented the intelligence? Say it isn't so!

BERLIN — The German intelligence officials responsible for one of the most important informants on Saddam Hussein's suspected weapons of mass destruction say that the Bush administration and the CIA repeatedly exaggerated his claims during the run-up to the war in Iraq.

Five senior officials from Germany's Federal Intelligence Service, or BND, said in interviews with The Times that they warned U.S. intelligence authorities that the source, an Iraqi defector code-named Curveball, never claimed to produce germ weapons and never saw anyone else do so.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...0,1753730.story?page=1&coll=la-home-headlines

Should we not take some of those troops in Iraq and place them in Afganistan/Pakistan to hunt for bin laden? He is probably planning other attack as we speak.

aps said:
What? Bush misrepresented the intelligence? Say it isn't so!

BERLIN — The German intelligence officials responsible for one of the most important informants on Saddam Hussein's suspected weapons of mass destruction say that the Bush administration and the CIA repeatedly exaggerated his claims during the run-up to the war in Iraq.

Five senior officials from Germany's Federal Intelligence Service, or BND, said in interviews with The Times that they warned U.S. intelligence authorities that the source, an Iraqi defector code-named Curveball, never claimed to produce germ weapons and never saw anyone else do so.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...0,1753730.story?page=1&coll=la-home-headlines

Hay well if zee Zermans say it than it must be true. :roll:

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
Hay well if zee Zermans say it than it must be true. :roll:

When Germans say it, the British say it, America says it......it becomes more probable that it is true.

Will Cheney and Bush now attack the Germans? LOL

KCC will start with the refutations soon I hope. Otherwise, there won't be much debate.

Bush is in fact a liar:

Why?

No WMD. none were there when we engaged in war......and he knew it.

That term WMD was used to mask his real motive (agenda, because Saddam was going to assassinate his father).

We destroyed Saddam, but left a country in chaos.

Our $$$$ and efforts should have gone to look for bin laden.

Why would anyone support Bush?

alphieb said:
Bush is in fact a liar:

Why?

No WMD. none were there when we engaged in war......and he knew it.

You keep saying this, but you never present any evidence to support it. I believed there were WMD. So did Bush, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Edwards, Pelosi, Kennedy and Boxer.

Too bad you didn't have a direct line to the oval office, alphieb. You could have called up the president and said, "Hey, you gotta listen to me. I know better. I may be the only one on the planet who actually knows the truth. There are no WMD in Iraq. You have to trust me."

:roll:

alphieb said:
Our $$$$ and efforts should have gone to look for bin laden.

Why would anyone support Bush?

Are you saying we aren't looking for bin Laden? Proof please.

I support Bush because he is our elected leader, because he seeks to eradicate terror, stabalize the middle east and protect our homeland. Our country is engaged in warfare. It would be stupid not to support him. In fact, not supporting him sends a message to the enemy that we are a divided country and, no doubt, they keep up the fight. This endangers our servicemen and women. Your unwillingness to support your country aids and abets the enemy.

KCConservative said:
Are you saying we aren't looking for bin Laden? Proof please.

I support Bush because he is our elected leader, because he seeks to eradicate terror, stabalize the middle east and protect our homeland. Our country is engaged in warfare. It would be stupid not to support him. In fact, not supporting him sends a message to the enemy that we are a divided country and, no doubt, they keep up the fight. This endangers our servicemen and women. Your unwillingness to support your country aids and abets the enemy.

Ahem. Proof please.

Back
Top Bottom