• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Lied about Abramoff?

Alastor

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
The President, especially this President who promissed to restore integrity and morality to the White House wouldn't like to us, would he?

From the National Journal:

"The White House on Sunday acknowledged the authenticity of the first photograph made public that shows President Bush and embattled lobbyist Jack Abramoff, while stressing it does not mean the two had a personal relationship," AP reports. "The photo, published by The New York Times and Time magazine, shows Bush shaking hands with an Abramoff client, chairman Raul Garza of the Kickapoo Indian tribe in Texas."

"Jack Abramoff said in correspondence made public on Thursday that President Bush met him 'almost a dozen' times, disputing White House claims Bush did not know the former lobbyist at the center of a corruption scandal," Reuters reports. "'The guy saw me in almost a dozen settings, and joked with me about a bunch of things, including details of my kids. Perhaps he has forgotten everything, who knows,' Abramoff wrote in an e-mail to Kim Eisler, national editor for the Washingtonian magazine."

Additional sources:

Reuters.

Alastor said:
The President, especially this President who promissed to restore integrity and morality to the White House wouldn't like to us, would he?

Additional sources:

Reuters.

There are about eight other threads on this topic, all with the exact quotes you have given here, over in the scandal category. Furthermore, it shows no lie. It shows that they were at the same functions. How is that a lie.

Merge this.

KCConservative said:
There are about eight other threads on this topic, all with the exact quotes you have given here, over in the scandal category. Furthermore, it shows no lie. It shows that they were at the same functions. How is that a lie.

Merge this.

Wow, talk about bitter...

I dunno. I think if I met a guy a bunch of times and asked detailed information about his kids, and invited him to my ranch... I'd remember him. Further, if I had seen him at three White House functions, and there were five other photos of me with the guy at entirely different functions, I might remember that as well. Especially since I have a stenographer who follows me around (along with a team of historians) that keep track of who I talk to all the time.

I dunno... It'd be pretty easy to check to see if I knew the guy at all before I said I didn't. I think I'd know if I met the leading lobbyist for the GOP a couple times too, that's a pretty important guy.

Not to mention that he's pals with all my buddies down in Texas...

I'd say it's a pretty clear-cut lie.

As for this being one of several topics... I just got it off the Internet today, and I'm also new here. If a mod wants to merge it, then by all means, go ahead.

Alastor said:
Wow, talk about bitter...

I dunno. I think if I met a guy a bunch of times and asked detailed information about his kids, and invited him to my ranch... I'd remember him. Further, if I had seen him at three White House functions, and there were five other photos of me with the guy at entirely different functions, I might remember that as well. Especially since I have a stenographer who follows me around (along with a team of historians) that keep track of who I talk to all the time.

I dunno... It'd be pretty easy to check to see if I knew the guy at all before I said I didn't. I think I'd know if I met the leading lobbyist for the GOP a couple times too, that's a pretty important guy.

Not to mention that he's pals with all my buddies down in Texas...

I'd say it's a pretty clear-cut lie.

As for this being one of several topics... I just got it off the Internet today, and I'm also new here. If a mod wants to merge it, then by all means, go ahead.
Touchy, touchy. What is bitter about informing you that the topic exists elsewhere? It's al wonderful information and you might see that it is being addressed in a more appropriate category.

I think one can easily look back and see a stark difference in the "tone" of your first post as compared to the second.

I respond to people in the manner in which I am met.

Alastor said:
I think one can easily look back and see a stark difference in the "tone" of your first post as compared to the second.

My typing had a tone?

Alastor said:

Middleground said:
You bet.

If I had to pick a mood for you, it would most likely be Bitchy.

Interesting observations, Alastor and Middleground . . . interesting.

I thought it was customary to alert a poster when the topic was being covered on another thread. So to the original poster and to middleground, forgive me.

Not a problem.

And I don't mind being pointed in the right direction, so long as it is done in a manner you'd appreciate it being done for you.

We're all good.

Alastor said:

Additional sources:

Reuters.

Lol. Sounds like guilt by association to me. McCarthey would be proud of you guys.

Do you have any inkling how many people trapse through these fundraisers in a given year?

Jim said:
Lol. Sounds like guilt by association to me. McCarthey would be proud of you guys.

Do you have any inkling how many people trapse through these fundraisers in a given year?

Nice try, Jim. This isn't just a guy "hanging out at a fund-raiser" though, and we all know it. Any attempt to dismiss it as such simply implies that there's no good response to be had and the truth can't be reconciled by the Administration's apologists yet.

This was the leading GOP money man. They damn well knew who he was. And they absolutely do keep records of who meets with the President, when, where and what's discussed. Abramoff is not a "blip on the radar" - he's a home run hitter, very important in political circles, and they knew who he was.

Revisit my reply to KC if you'd like a refresher, but your attempt to dismiss this as "mere oversight" is something less than integral.

Bill Clinton Lied about Monica. George Bush and his White House lied about this (and other things). Those are both facts. Reason doesn't end just because it's our idiot we're talking about now.

Did anyone really think that ANY President could or would restore integrity and morality to the Whitehouse? :lol: :lol:

Did anyone really think that ANY President could or would restore integrity and morality to the Whitehouse?

Not in this election.

Back
Top Bottom