• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush liberated Afghanistan condemns Christian convert to death

Well as converting out of Islam is punished with death by Sharia law and that Afganistan is still run under sharia law for the most part.... what do you expect? You can remove the barbarians by defeating them but it takes time to remove thier traditions and way of life.. unless you are for genocide that is.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,188895,00.html

Yeah, what happened to the Left's argument about so-existing in harmoy and tolerance? :roll:

Here is your tolerance and example of Islamic Extremists/Muslims willing to co-exist peacefully! HERE is the example of what their goal truly is! Convert to Islam or DIE! Islam is the ONLY allowable religion, and death is the only other option!:shock:

easyt65 said:
HERE is the example of what their goal truly is! Convert to Islam or DIE! Islam is the ONLY allowable religion, and death is the only other option!:shock:

Your solution is to wage war against Islam itself?

Islam of course is unlike the Christianity which motto is convert to Christianity or spend eternity in a firey damnation.

I can see the difference however. Islam is a real punishment and Christianity is a rhetoric punishment.

Gibberish said:
Your solution is to wage war against Islam itself?.

I made no such claim or call to wage war against Islam. I was pointing out that the Left's naive claim that we can all live in perfect harmony drinking a coke and sharing a smile if we just pull out of the Middle East is WRONG!

easyt65 said:
I made no such claim or call to wage war against Islam. I was pointing out that the Left's naive claim that we can all live in perfect harmony drinking a coke and sharing a smile if we just pull out of the Middle East is WRONG!

I am a democrat, though I don't know if you personally consider me "left".

Pulling out of Iraq would leave the county in anarchy and turmoil. So we should not pull our tropps out. I do believe however this is on us for when we invaded several countries and overthrew their dictatorships without a plan on how to form new governing bodies.

Last edited:
Pulling out of Iraq would leave the county in anarchy and turmoil.

That's hypothetical for anyone to guess; is more or less anarchy/turmoil going to exist then it already does? Is the Coalition forces making this present anarchy and turmoil? Did this anarchy and turmoil exist before we invaded?

If Saddam used force and terror to create "obedience," within the different groups; then what will create this same obedience w/o M-16's and GPS guided bombs? Bush nor any General have given any guideline for such a harmonious community; and if they have--tell me about what they said and convince me the deaths and bombings are just media spin. Thank you.

easyt65 said:

This is just another indication that living in perfect harmony is unlikely unless one of two thing happen:

1) the US holds down the security situation so tight that it can force the Islamic population to ignore Islamic law - very costly and probably impossible

2) the US reduces its need to depend on that region for energy and lets the mess work itself out

I see this as just another indicator of how difficult and costly Bush's attempt to do #1 is. And it is also another reason why people should start seeing #2 as real patriotism. Too bad the Bush administration is too hell bent on oil-based economies, so his oil croonies can get even richer. Capitalism at its best!

From your comment, I see you are for more #1. Well that is your choice, but it is going to be very costly to try and undo centuries of Islamic beliefs. Even if it could be done in a few years, at $150 million a day to run this war - the US will go broke.

beyondtherim55008@yahoo.c said:
That's hypothetical for anyone to guess; is more or less anarchy/turmoil going to exist then it already does? Is the Coalition forces making this present anarchy and turmoil? Did this anarchy and turmoil exist before we invaded?

It existed yes but at the decree of a dictator, not because of the absence of any formal governing entity. As of now Iraq has no entity with such power to control the citizens and stop the attacks.

Terrorist’s attacks, as they are now, did not exist in Iraqi before we invaded. It seems we invaded a country to fight a war in so that we did not have to fight the war on our own land, now if that was intentional or not i cannot say.

If Saddam used force and terror to create "obedience," within the different groups; then what will create this same obedience w/o M-16's and GPS guided bombs?

That’s a question that should have been answered before we went into Iraq.

Bush nor any General have given any guideline for such a harmonious community; and if they have--tell me about what they said and convince me the deaths and bombings are just media spin. Thank you.

Can you rewrite this I do not understand what you are trying to say? Why would I need to convince you the deaths are media spin? I don't think they are media spin, I believe people are really dieing. Before the invasion Bush's admin never said anything about what would happen after we were "greeted as liberators", which is why Iraq is what it is today.

Back
Top Bottom