• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush job rating falls to all-time low

Navy Pride said:
Ah, who in the Bush Administration has been put in jail?????
none YET. But even in the instance that they are sentenced, bush is most likely going to give them a pardon.

GarzaUK said:
Look you can go ALL DAY about bias and whether the percentage is true etc etc etc. That doesn't change the fact that the majority of the American public don't approve of his leadership. I can't blame them to be honest, I just wish they had realised this in Nov 2004. Although Kerry wouldn't have been a good president either.
And with the recent violence in Iraq threatening troop reduction in the region, the Democrats (who I dislike as well) well get good gains in both houses this November.

Clinton was largely popular because he took no risks and put off all the hard decisions on the next president (hence, a now nuclear N.Korea, 9/11, etc.).

Bush has the balls to do the unpopular thing and actually fulfill his duties as the leader of the military.

And every president (8-year presidents included) has a down period, usually in the last couple of years in office. This is standard and it was anticipated. He has warned us repeatedly that Iraq would be a long and difficult process. I still fully support him on Iraq and most of the other things he does, but I do acknowledge that I am now (even if it is only temporary) a part of a recently formed minority of around 30%.

All great presidents were quite unpopular in their own time, usually because they had the balls to rock the boat and take risks. Look at Lincoln. People who always do the easy thing like Slick Willy will be forgotten by history. Bush will be remembered as the president who brought democracy and liberty to the middle east. That's one hell of a legacy.

jfuh said:
none YET. But even in the instance that they are sentenced, bush is most likely going to give them a pardon.

So do you believe that a man is innocent until proven guilty?

You mean like Clinton did with Mark Rich and all the other scum he pardoned on the last day of his presidency?:roll:

aquapub said:
He has warned us repeatedly that Iraq would be a long and difficult process.
Bush will be remembered as the president who brought democracy and liberty to the middle east. That's one hell of a legacy.

You crack me up, Aquapub! What's scary is, you actually believe this.

Originally Posted by aquapub
He has warned us repeatedly that Iraq would be a long and difficult process.
Bush will be remembered as the president who brought democracy and liberty to the middle east. That's one hell of a legacy.
Bush will be remembered as the only leader in history to demand the right to torture anyone he wishes. And the only thing worse than this are the people that defend him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquapub

He has to accomplish that first and he hasn't yet, so the jury is still out on that point.

So far he will be remembered for
1. ignoring what he doesn't like.
2. a failure to be immediately on top of the situation. (Katrina, 911 among others.)
3. being the most vindictive president who has ever been in the White House.
4. having the only vice president who is as strong and powerful as the president or stronger.
5. a diplomatic disaster.
6. giving us tax breaks that again befit the rich more than the middle class.
7. fighting the good war in Afghanistan.
8. thinking more about his legacy than about his people and his country.

He has two and a half years to turn this around but he is so strong headed (along with a few others in the administration) that I bet he won't. If he pulls of democracy and peace in Iraq he can save himself. If not his legacy will be failure.

Hoot said:
You crack me up, Aquapub! What's scary is, you actually believe this.

He is not alone in believing that....There aew a bunch of us that believe it even if you hope it will never happen........

Captain America said:
You would think that with all the turmoil surrounding Clinton and the scandal that ensued, his approval numbers would have dropped below those of Bush's to hear the Bush supporters tell the story. And considering what U.S. citzens would have just hated his guts...

So I looked it up.....http://www.pollingreport.com/clinton-.htm................

On Clinton's worst day, 6/99, he had a 37% disapproval rating....hmmmmm......compared to Mr. Bush's...what?.... 50-60%???? Maybe Mr. Bush needs to get a blowjob from an intern to boost his numbers.:rofl

BUT.....when asked today....looking back......Clinton's disapproval rate climbs to... 43%. I wonder if that has to do with the "Blame it on Clinton" crowd or is that another prime example of the collective memory of America?

Still....Mr. Bush would probably be glad to have those numbers...In 6 or 8 years, when people "look back" I wonder what Mr. Bush's approval ratings will be then?

Actually, you're quite seriously mistaken. THe polls you cite only go back to 1997, so saying that Clinton's "worst" ratings were 37% disapproval is quite far from the truth.

Clinton's lowest approval rating was actually 36%, quite similar to Bush's lowest, and his highest disapproval rating was in the mid 50's.

Thus proving that at some point, people are always hated and people are always loved. Big deal.

http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/cg...b/PresJob.htx;start=HS_fullresults?pr=Clinton

You're probably be right. I heard on TV tonight that in '99 Clinton's disapproval rate was in the high fourties for a while. I was just discussing the posted poll I Googled up. It (that poll) must have ended too soon.:shock:

Captain America said:
You're probably be right. I heard on TV tonight that in '99 Clinton's disapproval rate was in the high fourties for a while. I was just discussing the posted poll I Googled up. It (that poll) must have ended too soon.:shock:

It was actually earlier in his career that it was the lowest, he went down sharply after election, had a good slow build as the economy grew so well, and then tailed off at the end as monica hurt him and the economy slowed.

I do remember that I was just introduced to the internet just about then...WebTv...wow was that ever slow!

You guys think I'm rough on Bush? You shoulda heard me dog out Clinton. He was soooo easy. I miss those days . But I don't miss WebTV.

Maybe,hopefuly ,the American people have discovered they have been FlimFlammed. That President Bush and his Boogey Man strategy is all BS.

JOHNYJ said:
Maybe,hopefuly ,the American people have discovered they have been FlimFlammed. That President Bush and his Boogey Man strategy is all BS.

Yeah, its all a joke...........The terrorists love us.......The attack on the WTC was just a mistake..........Its all President Bush's fault.........

Give me a break!!!!:roll:

The Bush administration has done some very good things for the American public both on purpose and in error. They have made the public more politically aware than ever before. They have shown us that we are not infailable and need to get to work if we are too maintain our privileged place in the world. They have done this in many ways.

In the first four years their transparent arrogance showed us how we might appear to some in the world. We can fix that because they have sown us a problem that has existed for more than 60 years.

Their sense of revenge and vindictiveness was carried out without hiding it. We see that this has happened many times before but it has always been well hidden. The same goes with their blatant disregrad for the wants, desires and feelings of the American people.

Much of this is not due solely to the administration but through the expanded use of the Internet which in turn has influenced the traditional media.

Americans no longer fear reprisal by their government. they can stand up and protest without having the law used against them.

During the Clinton administration I was highly critical as all of us should be of our leaders. But if i said anything no one else spoke up and I was called anti-American by the die-hard supporters of the administration. But the Internet has proved that i was as much a patriot as anyone. The die-hards are more afraid of criticism than the politicians themselves. The politicians know in their hearts that being scrutinized and criticized is part of the job description no matter what your ideology. The Bush administration along with the tools like the Internet have now given the power to carry this even further and truly create a democracy by the people, for the people and to the people. Are we brave enough to take the next step or will we slip back into fear and complacency? Only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom