• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush job rating falls to all-time low

I have always held Rassmussen in high regard.

Bush Job Approval

Strongly Approve 20%
Somewhat Approve 22%
Somewhat Disapprove 15%
Strongly Disapprove 40%
RasmussenReports.com

People are finally waking up to realize that the Emperor has no clothes.

It is unlikely that his ratings will drop any further because there are probably about 30% of the people in this country who were 1-issue voters and will continue to be George Bush apologists no matter what the imbecile does.

disneydude said:

It is unlikely that his ratings will drop any further because there are probably about 30% of the people in this country who were 1-issue voters and will continue to be George Bush apologists no matter what the imbecile does.

Right-o. The Bush Butt-Buddies are extremely loyal. Country be damned. But according to Rassmussen, they only number about 20%.

Captain America said:
Right-o. The Bush Butt-Buddies are extremely loyal. Country be damned. But according to Rassmussen, they only number about 20%.

We did have to close a few showrooms recently, not mine though, our numbers are strong, but I am concerned, as much as I obviously want Bush's butt!;)

aps said:
1) I'm glad that people are seeing him for the dictator he is.

2) As I stated last week (as pointed out by Paul Krugman of the NYT)

3) since Bush did such a wonderful job in giving people the impression that Iraq had something to do with the 9-11 attacks, he has been incapable of disassociating the people in the UAE with those that attacked us on 9-11. We reap what we sew.

1) low approval rating = dictator? nice logic there, sparky. You and your kind represent the fringe. The mainstream, dominated by Republicans (look at the last six elections and most political issues when compared to the majority ;) ), is rejecting Bush partly because they disagree with the port thing and because of all the negative (and only negative, thank you liberal media) news from Iraq.

2) Enough said. Krugman has repeatedly proved that he is a cog in the liberal noise machine without an iota of original, independant thought. Nothing he says matters.

3) 9/11 made it Saddam's removal more urgent. That is what Bush and his administration have said time and time again. There is no dishonesty in that. To claim there is is just lame liberal posturing.

We reap what we sew? Come on. You are beyond gay. :roll:

disneydude said:

And let me guess, when Bill Clinton hit record lows, THAT wasn't because people had finally figured out what a negligent commander-in-chief, sexual deviant, outright traitor, habitual liar, or career-felon he was, right? THAT must have been all due to the vast right wing conspiracy.

But in this case, coincidentally when it benefits you, it is just people waking up right?

Got objectivity? :roll:

aquapub said:
You are beyond gay. :roll:

You are so beneath me, aquapub, that I can't even see you. You wish you were as smart, attractive, and classy as I. Bye bye

:2wave:

aps said:
You are so beneath me, aquapub, that I can't even see you. You wish you were as smart, attractive, and classy as I. Bye bye

i.e., you can't refute crap, phony!

:rofl

aquapub said:
And let me guess, when Bill Clinton hit record lows, THAT wasn't because people had finally figured out what a negligent commander-in-chief, sexual deviant, outright traitor, habitual liar, or career-felon he was, right? THAT must have been all due to the vast right wing conspiracy.

But in this case, coincidentally when it benefits you, it is just people waking up right?

As you prove in every post you make, those whose political party is in power believes the other party is in control of the media, conspiracies against them, and are liars because they are just sore they are not in power. Those who are not in power say the party in power is corrupt and incompetent. It is all very childish and greedy.

The problem I have with Bush is he always seems to say the opposite of what happens or is happening.
Bush is one of two things:
1. He is either very optimistic about things fixing themselves or coming out for the better.
2. Thinks the America people are idiots and choose him when he asks "Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?".

aquapub said:
i.e., you can't refute crap, phony!

I don't care enough about your opinions to debate with you. As I have stated previously, you exude anger in your posts, and I don't find your posts worthy of debate. If that makes you think you have "won," then more power to you, aquapub. Your posts lack substance--they are solely about how you hate democrats and liberals and how anything that happens that is negative towards the president is either untrue or the democrats/liberal's fault. Boring. :yawn:

aps said:
I don't care enough about your opinions to debate with you. As I have stated previously, you exude anger in your posts, and I don't find your posts worthy of debate. If that makes you think you have "won," then more power to you, aquapub. Your posts lack substance--they are solely about how you hate democrats and liberals and how anything that happens that is negative towards the president is either untrue or the democrats/liberal's fault. Boring. :yawn:

It is hard to debate with someone who constantly complains about the "other" party spewing hate when every rebuttal that person makes is pure slander.

Gibberish said:
It is hard to debate with someone who constantly complains about the "other" party spewing hate when every rebuttal that person makes is pure slander.

Ain't that the truth, Gibberish. :lol: :lol:

aps said:

The "ignore list" is a great invention!

aps said:
Wow. Bush's job rating has fallen to 34% in a CBS poll. I'm glad that people are seeing him for the dictator he is. "I will do anything I want as Commander in Chief, and neither the Congress nor the Judiciary can stop me."

Mr. Post-9-11-Mindset has been demoted. As I stated last week (as pointed out by Paul Krugman of the NYT), since Bush did such a wonderful job in giving people the impression that Iraq had something to do with the 9-11 attacks, he has been incapable of disassociating the people in the UAE with those that attacked us on 9-11. We reap what we sew.
"I'm sure you've noticed it today and I'm sure last night, too, the drive-by media continues to lie about this rigged CBS poll. Here's an example, the Knight-Ridder Tribune News Service, William Douglas doing the honors here as the drive-by media writer. Headline: Bush Approval Rating Nearing Nixon's Levels. "President Bush's job-approval rating fell to an all-time low -- 34 percent -- in a poll published Tuesday." They don't even talk about the sampling of this poll and how it was so over-weighted with Democrats, over-weighted with independents. And, by the way, if you look at the internals, there were a lot of questions in this poll. And just to remind you, one of the questions in this poll totally and dishonestly and purposely miscast the NSA spying program. It's not domestic spying, it is foreign surveillance. And so the question went something like, "President Bush has a plan here to prevent terrorist attacks, monitoring some phone calls in the United States. Do you think this is good or bad?"

"Well, that didn't describe accurately or even come close to describing the program. The answer, thus, is useless. The answer is worthless. This poll was meant for the exact reason that it is being used now, it was simply to make news............."

Source

For more brilliant commentary on CBS's dishonesty and manufactured news, visit Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, or a host of other reasonable, free thinking people.

Silly liberals.....when will you learn?.....you don't own the media anymore. You can't get away with lying anymore. Just stop lying now......before you distroy your party.

Jerry said:
For more brilliant commentary on CBS's dishonesty and manufactured news, visit Rush Limbaugh, Michael Savage, Glenn Beck, or a host of other reasonable, free thinking people.

Silly liberals.....when will you learn?.....you don't own the media anymore. You can't get away with lying anymore. Just stop lying now......before you distroy your party.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Two biased media sources don't make the truth.

Gibberish said:
Thinks the America people are idiots and choose him when he asks "Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?".

“What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson ;)

Someone posted all of the polls that there are. If you consider them all it comes out to be somewhere around 52% dissaprove and 42% approve. That is if you put any faith in polls at all. In any event you will always have the hardcore supporters of 20-25% and the hardcore opponents 20-25%.

Last edited:
Gibberish said:

:lol:

Amen. The last person between Aps and I to actually make a point before APS derailed it with angry personal attacks was ME. ;)

Aps points the finger, yet that same liberal is far more guilty of the crime.

At least they're consistent on something.

Last edited:
Gibberish said:
Two wrongs don't make a right. Two biased media sources don't make the truth.

It says a lot, though, that one has to go to an opinion journalist like Rush Limbaugh to get someone similar to the objectivity of CBS. :lol:

aquapub said:
You are the only one not making actual points here, oh quick one. :roll:

OMG, say it isn't so! :boohoo:

Look you can go ALL DAY about bias and whether the percentage is true etc etc etc. That doesn't change the fact that the majority of the American public don't approve of his leadership. I can't blame them to be honest, I just wish they had realised this in Nov 2004. Although Kerry wouldn't have been a good president either.
And with the recent violence in Iraq threatening troop reduction in the region, the Democrats (who I dislike as well) well get good gains in both houses this November.

aquapub said:

You would think that with all the turmoil surrounding Clinton and the scandal that ensued, his approval numbers would have dropped below those of Bush's to hear the Bush supporters tell the story. And considering what
a negligent commander-in-chief, sexual deviant, outright traitor, habitual liar, or career-felon he was,
U.S. citzens would have just hated his guts...

So I looked it up.....http://www.pollingreport.com/clinton-.htm................

On Clinton's worst day, 6/99, he had a 37% disapproval rating....hmmmmm......compared to Mr. Bush's...what?.... 50-60%???? Maybe Mr. Bush needs to get a blowjob from an intern to boost his numbers.:rofl

BUT.....when asked today....looking back......Clinton's disapproval rate climbs to... 43%. I wonder if that has to do with the "Blame it on Clinton" crowd or is that another prime example of the collective memory of America?

Still....Mr. Bush would probably be glad to have those numbers...In 6 or 8 years, when people "look back" I wonder what Mr. Bush's approval ratings will be then?

Last edited:
Captain America said:
You would think that with all the turmoil surrounding Clinton and the scandal that ensued, his approval numbers would have dropped below those of Bush's to hear the Bush supporters tell the story. And considering what U.S. citzens would have just hated his guts...

So I looked it up.....http://www.pollingreport.com/clinton-.htm................

On Clinton's worst day, 6/99, he had a 37% disapproval rating....hmmmmm......compared to Mr. Bush's...what?.... 50-60%???? Maybe Mr. Bush needs to get a blowjob from an intern to boost his numbers.:rofl

BUT.....when asked today....looking back......Clinton's disapproval rate climbs to... 43%. I wonder if that has to do with the "Blame it on Clinton" crowd or is that another prime example of the collective memory of America?

Still....Mr. Bush would probably be glad to have those numbers...In 6 or 8 years, when people "look back" I wonder what Mr. Bush's approval ratings will be then?

I don't understand how anyone can continue to support Bush and his bible totting GOP's. How many ppl must die or be put in jail before people realize how pathetic this administration is?

jfuh said:
I don't understand how anyone can continue to support Bush and his bible totting GOP's. How many ppl must die or be put in jail before people realize how pathetic this administration is?

Ah, who in the Bush Administration has been put in jail?????

Back
Top Bottom