• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush is eavesdropping on you right now!!!

Madacapa

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
AP - 50 minutes ago: WASHINGTON - President Bush said Saturday he personally has authorized a secret eavesdropping program in the U.S. more than 30 times since the Sept. 11 attacks and he lashed out at those involved in publicly revealing the program. "This is a highly classified program that is crucial to our national security," he said in a radio address delivered live from the White House's Roosevelt Room.

I was not surprised when I read this on yahoo.com. I think that Bush believes that anyone who criticizes him must be a terrorist. He must think that most of the Democratic Party are terrorists.

Madacapa said:
AP - 50 minutes ago: WASHINGTON - President Bush said Saturday he personally has authorized a secret eavesdropping program in the U.S. more than 30 times since the Sept. 11 attacks and he lashed out at those involved in publicly revealing the program. "This is a highly classified program that is crucial to our national security," he said in a radio address delivered live from the White House's Roosevelt Room.

I was not surprised when I read this on yahoo.com. I think that Bush believes that anyone who criticizes him must be a terrorist. He must think that most of the Democratic Party are terrorists.

Our Republican let government has tried to twist the meaning of a patriot.
And this is one of the reasons why I don't believe or trust them.

Hate to burst your I hate republicans bubble, but this has been going on since the 50's. I have worked in the No Such Agency, and the way things are collected, if it has nothing to do with terrorist talks they cease to listen immediately. They dont want to hear about your day, they have better things to do.

Gitdog said:
Hate to burst your I hate republicans bubble, but this has been going on since the 50's. I have worked in the No Such Agency, and the way things are collected, if it has nothing to do with terrorist talks they cease to listen immediately. They dont want to hear about your day, they have better things to do.

Well thank you so much for such an informative post, Gitdog. I am so grateful.

I love that the White House is, again, in the spotlight for doing something seemingly inappropriate.

Republicans are so patriotic that they will make up lies about John McCain being an angry person after his prisoner-of-war captivity and having a love child with a black woman because he and his wife adopted a black child. Nice. That's what I call patriotic. Oh, and let's not forget their calling Max Cleland unpatriotic because he did not support parts of the Patriot Act. Max Cleland--a man who lost 3 limbs in Vietnam--unpatriotic?

quote:
Republicans are so patriotic that they will make up lies about John McCain being an angry person after his prisoner-of-war captivity and having a love child with a black woman because he and his wife adopted a black child. Nice. That's what I call patriotic. Oh, and let's not forget their calling Max Cleland unpatriotic because he did not support parts of the Patriot Act. Max Cleland--a man who lost 3 limbs in Vietnam--unpatriotic?

??? When the hell did I say anything about this?? Are you reading the same post?? All I said was they've done this since before you were born and you have absolutely no idea how many lives have been saved through their collections. Since when does the white house run the nsa? ?Last I checked it was someone named, hmmmm DIRNSA? Director of the nsa? Better go look that up since you have no idea what goes on in there, oh and never will.

Gitdog said:
quote:

??? When the hell did I say anything about this?? Are you reading the same post?? All I said was they've done this since before you were born and you have absolutely no idea how many lives have been saved through their collections. Since when does the white house run the nsa? ?Last I checked it was someone named, hmmmm DIRNSA? Director of the nsa? Better go look that up since you have no idea what goes on in there, oh and never will.

I probably should have made myself more clear. That paragraph was not directed at you. It was only the first paragraph that was directed at your know-it-all post. Sorry about that.

As for the part of your post that I put in bold, you must feel terrible about yourself to "talk" like that. Small pee pee? Low IQ? Both?

Why would I feel bad about myself if you're the one that doesn't know who runs what?

Quote:
As for the part of your post that I put in bold, you must feel terrible about yourself to "talk" like that. Small pee pee? Low IQ? Both?

Wow that must make you much smarter than me, you know how to make "pee pee" jokes!

Does this mean our president can see me sitting here in my American-made underwear, singing Dolly Parton songs, America's sweetheart, in between delicious mouthfuls of All-American and nutritious Cheerios? :eek:

Hi, Mr. President!:2wave:

Sorry, just joking around.....I know the president isn't watching me.

Gitdog said:
Why would I feel bad about myself if you're the one that doesn't know who runs what?

Quote:

Wow that must make you much smarter than me, you know how to make "pee pee" jokes!

I don't feel smarter than you. I feel kinda sorry for you that you exude a low self esteem. I was just trying to understand why you would belittle me when you don't even know me. When people behave like you are behaving, it's usually because they feel inadequate in some way.

mixedmedia said:
Does this mean our president can see me sitting here in my American-made underwear, singing Dolly Parton songs, America's sweetheart, in between delicious mouthfuls of All-American and nutritious Cheerios? :eek:

Hi, Mr. President!:2wave:

Sorry, just joking around.....I know the president isn't watching me.

He isn't, but I am. Could you please move the web cam a little bit to the right. ;)

I have the low self esteem? Which one of us went directly to "pee pee" jokes or IQ jokes? I know it wasn't me.

Gitdog said:
I have the low self esteem? Which one of us went directly to "pee pee" jokes or IQ jokes? I know it wasn't me.

Yes, you do.

"Better go look that up since you have no idea what goes on in there, oh and never will."

Statements like that are indicative of someone who feels inferior, so he makes remarks like that. It's okay, Gitdog, as long as I understand the basis of your condescension, then I can pity you.

Gitdog said:

If you have worked for the NSA, then please provide us with references. Otherwise, I think you are a lying sack of $hit. According to the LAW, the NSA has 72 hours to get a warrant if it is an emergency. Therefore, Mr. Bush authorized over 30 crimes. Add that to the other crimes his administration has committed. Can the president pardon himself? I really would like to know.

FOX is the :spin: zone.

Gitdog said:

No, you went straight to "Republican Hater" name calling like Conservo-Bots on this site always do.

That is why you were spoke of in such a manner.

Madacapa said:
If you have worked for the NSA, then please provide us with references. Otherwise, I think you are a lying sack of $hit. According to the LAW, the NSA has 72 hours to get a warrant if it is an emergency. Therefore, Mr. Bush authorized over 30 crimes. Add that to the other crimes his administration has committed. Can the president pardon himself? I really would like to know.

FOX is the :spin: zone.

I think this is the Key Important Issue here.
The fact that the President himself Authorizied the actions of the NSA when they did not have a warrant must mean one of two things, IMO.....

1. The President thinks that he is above the law, and as long as he has knowledge of it, no warrant is needed. There is a law in place, and he deliberately violated it because he thinks he is above it......

2. The President is so clueless of how the laws that regulate such actions run that he authorized these surveillance actions without even knowing that they were SUPPOSED to have a Warrant already. If this is true, I wonder what other laws he has unknowingly broken because he is too clueless to know the difference.

Now, those of you who cannot debate anything better, Bring on the "You Hate Bush" and "Republican Hater" adolescent comments.
OR, I can't want until I hear Bill Clinton's name slammed again when he has nothing to do with this, because, in my eyes, this is a bi-partisan issue, if a Democrat were the one doing it, he is just as wrong. BUT, since the focus right now is on the fact that Bush did it, its Bush I will speak about.

I worked there from Sept 01- 03 ,while in the Navy. My rate in the Navy was CTO ( Cryptologic Technician Communications) Look up a command called NSGA Ft Meade. If you really want to see my resume your more than welcome. To post the phone numbers to the NSA would be illegal, also giving references to people that work there. The way they collect data is not on a specific phone, they intercept calls from all over the world, and being based in the US they are gonna pick up US conversations. The only way they would continue to listen is if the OTHER line is in another country and you say any "hot" words. And thats if they even hear you amongst the BILLIONS of calls made each day. I love how everyone thinks they're so important that the government wants to hear their calls. Don't flatter yourselves thinking they want to hear anything you have to say.

Gitdog said:
I worked there from Sept 01- 03 ,while in the Navy. My rate in the Navy was CTO ( Cryptologic Technician Communications) Look up a command called NSGA Ft Meade. If you really want to see my resume your more than welcome. To post the phone numbers to the NSA would be illegal, also giving references to people that work there. The way they collect data is not on a specific phone, they intercept calls from all over the world, and being based in the US they are gonna pick up US conversations. The only way they would continue to listen is if the OTHER line is in another country and you say any "hot" words. And thats if they even hear you amongst the BILLIONS of calls made each day. I love how everyone thinks they're so important that the government wants to hear their calls. Don't flatter yourselves thinking they want to hear anything you have to say.

This doesn't sound like anything I haven't seen in the movie "Enemy of the State"

LOL, That's because the NSA just listens. The FBI are the ones that follow you.

Gitdog said:
LOL, That's because the NSA just listens. The FBI are the ones that follow you.

I don't think you understood my sarcasm.

I think that you stole that little info above from the Movie.

I think that you stole that little info above from the Movie.

Hmm, could you point out where it says anything about the Navy or my rate as a CTO in that movie? If I remember correctly all they talk about it the capabilities, not job descriptions or the employess in the service. If you really want I can go home and dig up my orders to the command, or all the papers they give you while working there. Maybe I can scan my security clearance papers so you can see what kid of clearance I have. Do you know what a TS/SSBI/SCI/TK is? or a CI poly? Maybe you know what these initials stand for?

Info on NSA eavesdropping capabilities here. Note that this dates from 2000. You can bet that said capabilities have improved considerably since then. Here is a quote from the source...

If you made a phone call today or sent an e-mail to a friend, there's a good chance what you said or wrote was captured and screened by the country's largest intelligence agency. The top-secret Global Surveillance Network is called Echelon, and it's run by the National Security Agency and four English-speaking allies: Canada, Great Britain, Australia and New Zealand.

The mission is to eavesdrop on enemies of the state: foreign countries, terrorist groups and drug cartels. But in the process, Echelon's computers capture virtually every electronic conversation around the world.

Gitdog said:
Hmm, could you point out where it says anything about the Navy or my rate as a CTO in that movie? If I remember correctly all they talk about it the capabilities, not job descriptions or the employess in the service. If you really want I can go home and dig up my orders to the command, or all the papers they give you while working there. Maybe I can scan my security clearance papers so you can see what kid of clearance I have. Do you know what a TS/SSBI/SCI/TK is? or a CI poly? Maybe you know what these initials stand for?

TS = Top Secret
SSBI = Single Scope Background Investigation
SCI = Sensitive Compartmentalized Information
TK = Talent Keyhole
CI Poly = Counter Intelligence Polygraph

Last edited:
Gitdog said:
Do you know what a TS/SSBI/SCI/TK is? Maybe you know what these initials stand for?

TS - Tony Soprono
SSBI - Sammy Sosa's Bats Illegal
SCI - Southern Californian Immigrants
TK - Tookie Killed

Anything else?...:2wave:

Good job, it only took 20 minutes to find out what I have access to.

Gitdog said:
Good job, it only took 20 minutes to find out what I have access to.
hrm?
Elaborate on how it took 20 minutes?

Back
Top Bottom