• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush for 3 terms?

Billo_Really said:
Care to comment on the nations that are joining forces against the US due to Bush's foreign policy decisions.

Care to address the lie espoused by liberals on this thread that it is Republicans trying to repeal the 22nd amendment?

Nah, I didn't think so. Your side is wrong, AGAIN and you would like to try to diffuse the embarassment that your side can't even check its facts.

So typical!

Billo_Really said:
Care to comment on the nations that are joining forces against the US due to Bush's foreign policy decisions.
What does that have to do with the 22nd amendment and this conspiracy Bush has cooked up to change it?

Batman said:
What does that have to do with the 22nd amendment and this conspiracy Bush has cooked up to change it?

Nothing, except that it is his attempt to turn the attention to yet another example of Leftists being lose with the truth, something they are exceedingly skilled at. Learning from the Moore Academy of Docuganda!

ludahai said:
Nothing, except that it is his attempt to turn the attention to yet another example of Leftists being lose with the truth, something they are exceedingly skilled at. Learning from the Moore Academy of Docuganda!

The sad part is that a couple of us are going to have to repost in a few days for the ones that read the first post and immediately agree with it without seeing how it's been debunked.

kal-el said:
Listen, I may be gullible, but I'm not that easily-swayed alright. Like I said before, I was born at night, but not last night. You're insulting my intelligence by saying this.

friend, im not trying to insult your intelligence but i do question your sanity if you think that Bush would ever try and run for a 3rd term. if that were the case, i doubt Democrats would be the majority sponsor of this bill. this is one of the biggest examples of spin ive seen lately.

cnredd said:
The sad part is that a couple of us are going to have to repost in a few days for the ones that read the first post and immediately agree with it without seeing how it's been debunked.

so true haha

FinnMacCool said:
You guys need to lighten up a little bit. . .
Funny...I saw no mention of "lightening up" when you posted this...
FinnMacCool said:
Georgie should just come right out and declare himself king of the United States.

I actually started to write a whole opening speech for Bush as new King of the United States, but I deleted it..
I also noticed you didn't ask for someone to "lighten up" when this was posted...
Arch Enemy said:
You know what, I'd be glad if he actually started pushing for it. Then it'd show how much of a power-craved psycho he really is. Only those who wish only for more power would never put down a chance to get more power.
In fact, this is EXACTLY how you reacted to this post...
FinnMacCool said:
Hasn't he already proved it? Haha

Not much "lightening up" is there?

Don't you just HATE it when you go around telling people they smell like dog crap...and then you find out it's on your shoe?:lol:

You say this based on since debunked Democratic propoganda.

FinnMacCool said:
Georgie should just come right out and declare himself king of the United States.

I actually started to write a whole opening speech for Bush as new King of the United States, but I deleted it.

THEN you ask everyone to lighten up? Gee, Democrats get busted for their lies AGAIN and they want us to lighten up? How typical!

FinnMacCool said:
Lighten up.

Well it was supposed to be a joke. Perhaps I should've indicated it as such?

OK GUYS. I DO NOT BELIEVE GEORGE W BUSH IS GOING TO BECOME KING OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. happy?

FinnMacCool said:
Well it was supposed to be a joke. Perhaps I should've indicated it as such?

OK GUYS. I DO NOT BELIEVE GEORGE W BUSH IS GOING TO BECOME KING OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. happy?

Geez dude, lighten up.

Joking, I'm joking. :mrgreen:

Originally Posted by ludahai:
Care to address the lie espoused by liberals on this thread that it is Republicans trying to repeal the 22nd amendment?

Nah, I didn't think so. Your side is wrong, AGAIN and you would like to try to diffuse the embarassment that your side can't even check its facts.

So typical!
Your quite the ex Parte debater. Maybe that's the only way you can win a debate. In answer to your question, this has nothing to do with sides. I believe it was House Democrats that initiated the bill. But I could be wrong.

I know that last statement is foreign to you so I will explain. When someone is wrong, they are trying to say they are not right. Now lets review...

Originally posted by Batman:
Nothing.........next question!

I believe the language of the proposed amendment specifically excludes any current or former presidents. The Dems are just pushing this to get ready for 12 to 16 years of Obama.;)

curisz said:
I believe the language of the proposed amendment specifically excludes any current or former presidents. The Dems are just pushing this to get ready for 12 to 16 years of Obama.;)
That's assuming they could get four years from the voters first:lol: All kidding aside, I like the two term limit and feel it needs to stay.

curisz said:

Negative. I would very reluctantly cast a vote for any democrat who voted for Condeleeza Rice to be appointed. She is a key architect of this war based on lies. So did Hilary for that matter.

Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Rove make policy anyway. How much real power was Colin Powell able to exert? Keeping Condoleeza out of the State Department would have accomplished nothing, they just would have found someone else to do their bidding.

Personally i would rather have a black female raised in an Alabama housing project there than another white male lawyer type, just for its symbolic value. And under the Bush admin, symbolic value is about all the state department is good for anyway. Having Condi there gives my daughter something to aspire to, though hopefully if my kid followed that kind of path she would be on the other side of the aisle. Sure beats Lil' Kim though.

But hey, we digress...

Man...this is just rumor BS. Is this actually true? If this actually happened, I would be the first one in line with a rifle to protect what is probably the most important part of our Constitution.

8 years is 8 years period. Nobody is special.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
Man...this is just rumor BS. Is this actually true? If this actually happened, I would be the first one in line with a rifle to protect what is probably the most important part of our Constitution.

Agreed....

Originally posted bycurisz
Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Rove make policy anyway. How much real power was Colin Powell able to exert? Keeping Condoleeza out of the State Department would have accomplished nothing, they just would have found someone else to do their bidding.

Well, for one, Colin Powell, and for that matter, Rice, did their part in conditioning the masses for this invasion. Actually, Powell was almost considered Bush's "security blanket" as when W was stumped, he would often turn to good ole reliable for propaganda.

GySgt said:

It is actually a fairly recent addition to the constitution, having been added shortly following World War II in response to Democratic President F.D.R. flouting the tradition begun by President Washington that no president should serve no more than two terms.

It would not surprize me at all,he'd probably make sure that Blair would stay in over here and then the Organ grinder and his monkey could have years more fun together!

Back
Top Bottom