• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Fake News Ruled Illegal

danarhea said:
Once Bush and the Neocons are relegated to the trash can of history, the Republcian party will once more be an honest party of honest Conservatives.

Don't count on that. Outside of Reagan, the Republican Party has always been the worst major party, except for the Democrats.

And what's an "honest" Conservative?

Moderate said:
Well then why reply? I mean your just saying that people are stupid for hating Bush but from what I have seen so far you don't defend him you just bash his opposers.

Because that is my right and opinion......Liberals in this forum start trashy threads all the time slamming the president with lies amd insults..........I thought it was wrong with Clinton and I think it is wrong with Bush.....

Opponents I can live with but hating someone for the sake of hatred is over the top in my opinion.........

Navy Pride said:
Because that is my right and opinion......Liberals in this forum start trashy threads all the time slamming the president with lies amd insults..........I thought it was wrong with Clinton and I think it is wrong with Bush.....

Opponents I can live with but hating someone for the sake of hatred is over the top in my opinion.........

What happened to you?
Your starting to sound civil.
Stop it. Your Scaring me.

Caine said:
What happened to you?
Your starting to sound civil.
Stop it. Your Scaring me.

That is the secind time in 2 dys you said something nice to me.........Now cut it out!!!!:lol:

Navy Pride said:
That is the secind time in 2 dys you said something nice to me.........Now cut it out!!!!:lol:
*puts on his gay mockery voice* Stop It.......

Originally posted by Caine:
If they mean to bring us down, im certain they would have done so by now.
I definately do not want to see my country brought down. All I'm saying is that we don't have a whole lotta reasons to think that were "up". Were sitting on laurels of the past. Were doing things that are immoral, illegal and un-Constitutional. Were sh!tting on all the sacrifices our forefathers made to create this country.

Navy Pride said:
Because that is my right and opinion......Liberals in this forum start trashy threads all the time slamming the president with lies amd insults.

Oh really? Do you consider yourself to be a HYPOCRITE? Why? Well explain you frickin' genius why YOU started the following threads?

Inquiring minds want to know
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=4131

How sweet it is!!!!!
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=3533

The Reverend Jackson strikes again
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=3856

One undenialable fact.........
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=3336

You don't speak for me Cindy.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=3133

Something that has puzzled me for a long time..
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=2640

You're a frickin' Genius Navy Pride!

Billo_Really said:
I definately do not want to see my country brought down. All I'm saying is that we don't have a whole lotta reasons to think that were "up". Were sitting on laurels of the past. Were doing things that are immoral, illegal and un-Constitutional. Were sh!tting on all the sacrifices our forefathers made to create this country.

Desperate times takes desperate measures.......9/11/01 changed everything.....No matter what happened around the world we were safe here.......That has changed now........We have to do whatever it takes to keep this country safe.......If it offends some of the politically correct on the left so be it........

26 X World Champs said:
Oh really? Do you consider yourself to be a HYPOCRITE? Why? Well explain you frickin' genius why YOU started the following threads?

Inquiring minds want to know
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=4131

How sweet it is!!!!!
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=3533

The Reverend Jackson strikes again
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=3856

One undenialable fact.........
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=3336

You don't speak for me Cindy.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=3133

Something that has puzzled me for a long time..
http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=2640

You're a frickin' Genius Navy Pride!

I guess the truth hurts........Those are not threads of hate they are threads of truth.........

Navy Pride said:
Desperate times takes desperate measures.......9/11/01 changed everything.....No matter what happened around the world we were safe here.......That has changed now........We have to do whatever it takes to keep this country safe.......If it offends some of the politically correct on the left so be it........

We were just as ****ing safe before 9/11 as we were after 9/11.

9/11 didn't create the terrorists, they were already there.

9/11 didn't create the hatred for us inside of the hearts of those that have joined the terrorist groups, it was already there.

It changes nothing, The only thing it DOES change, is our government's paranoia, because they didn't heed the advice that there was going to be a terroist attack, now I could scribble up a fake threat on the Astrodome and the government would go NUTS! Not saying I would do that, or recommend that.

Our government has shown that it is only good at getting something right the 2nd time. 9/11 worked, so now the other "threats" against us have been stopped, I think GW says 10, other people say only 3 other threats have been stopped. They couldn't find the first big name they threw out there, but they found Saddam. They weren't prepared for relief of catastrophic hurricanes the first time with Katrina, so they were definately ready for Rita.

But we as a people are even worse, we have let ourselves be defeated TWICE in the same event. The election of George Dubya Bush to President.

Caine said:
We were just as ****ing safe before 9/11 as we were after 9/11.

9/11 didn't create the terrorists, they were already there.

9/11 didn't create the hatred for us inside of the hearts of those that have joined the terrorist groups, it was already there.

It changes nothing, The only thing it DOES change, is our government's paranoia, because they didn't heed the advice that there was going to be a terroist attack, now I could scribble up a fake threat on the Astrodome and the government would go NUTS! Not saying I would do that, or recommend that.

Our government has shown that it is only good at getting something right the 2nd time. 9/11 worked, so now the other "threats" against us have been stopped, I think GW says 10, other people say only 3 other threats have been stopped. They couldn't find the first big name they threw out there, but they found Saddam. They weren't prepared for relief of catastrophic hurricanes the first time with Katrina, so they were definately ready for Rita.

But we as a people are even worse, we have let ourselves be defeated TWICE in the same event. The election of George Dubya Bush to President.

The terrorist that knocked down our buildings and killed 3,000 innocent americans are just poor misunderstood people.....We are the bad guys.......we brought it on ourselvees...........:roll:

You and Sheehan should get married.your exactly alike......

Give me a frigging break you terroist apologist.....

Navy Pride said:
The terrorist that knocked down our buildings and killed 3,000 innocent americans are just poor misunderstood people.....We are the bad guys.......we brought it on ourselvees...........:roll:

You must have failed reading comprehension in school huh?

I didn't....(nor did sheehan for that matter) say that the terrorists are good people.
Stop seeing **** and black and ****ing white already, god damn, your a ****ing moron did you know that?

I guess I have to repeat what I said, this time, read it without turning it into something its not.

The people who attacked us already hated us before it happened.
The people who joined the people who attacked us already hated us before they realized there was a large group that they could join.
Now, Am I saying that we are bad people? No, but they still hated us for whatever stupid ****ing reason they do.

Still following me?

So, 9/11 didn't change anything.
They still hated us before 9/11.
They still hate us now that 9/11 already happened.
The only thing it has changed is that it played a part in making sure the government learns how heed advice from threats that are on us, since they didn't heed the advice given in february 2001 and just about every month after up until september. And, it gives the government an excuse to use for anything that comes up........
"Governor Elephanman, why do you support overturning Roe v. Wade?"
"Well, September 11th changed everything........blahblahblah."

Im so tired of hearing that excuse for everything.

Are you still following me?

Now, without acting like a child, explain to me how this means that I support the terrorists and that we are the bad guys...........hrm?... hrm?

Navy Pride said:

Gee, another post where Navy Pride calls someone names! What's it been, one, two posts since your last attack of another community member?

Only the truly ignorant write posts that accuse someone else of being a traitor because they disagree with their point of view.

Nothing Caine wrote suggests that he supports terrorism, that he condones it, that he apolgizes for it.

However, what you wrote is clearly a personal attack against Caine because you hate liberals. I read your posts and I always come away thinking that your posts are bigoted against Liberals & Democrats. Your words are always attacking someone personally, always calling people names, whether it's community members or Liberal politicians. You can't write their names without attaching a flaming remark about them.

The level of ignorance and intollerance that your posts exhibit increase with each and every post.

You're a frickin' genius Navy Pride!

Two words, "steaming load."

"A Bush aide allegedly paid a CONSERVATIVE commentator for favorable coverage."

What sounds fishy about this? Could it be that conservatives generally speak favorably about Bush already? The money was for the conservative to mention the conservative points that Bush wanted harped on the most. There is no trickery in paying and coordinating your message among fully disclosed, partisan pundits. Its called strategery.

Besides, Democrats rhetoric sounds identical from one hysteric to the next. They mindlessly regurgitate the party line and everyone just yawns. The only crime here is that the halfwits of the Democratic party managed to get people distracted with this non-issue instead of looking at the real malfeasance here- Why are 90% of the news media aloud to regurgitate verbatim renditions of each day's DNC rhetoric without these kinds of questions being raised?

Perhaps you would not hurt your credibility so badly with such bogus stories if you got your "articles" from a less rediculously biased source.

Hate to interrupt the pissfest you guys, but this is the last of the article that this thread was started with by danarhea. In case some of you didn't read the article. This is pretty damning.

In March, the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel said that federal agencies did not have to acknowledge their role in producing television news segments if they were factual. The inspector general of the Education Department recently reiterated that position. But the accountability office said on Friday: "The failure of an agency to identify itself as the source of a prepackaged news story misleads the viewing public by encouraging the audience to believe that the broadcasting news organization developed the information. The prepackaged news stories are purposefully designed to be indistinguishable from news segments broadcast to the public. When the television viewing public does not know that the stories they watched on television news programs about the government were in fact prepared by the government, the stories are, in this sense, no longer purely factual. The essential fact of attribution is missing."

The office said Mr. Williams's work for the government resulted from a written proposal that he submitted to the Education Department in March 2003. The department directed Ketchum to use Mr. Williams as a regular commentator on Mr. Bush's education policies. Ketchum had a federal contract to help publicize those policies, signed by Mr. Bush in 2002.

The Education Department flouted the law by telling Ketchum to use Mr. Williams to "convey a message to the public on behalf of the government, without disclosing to the public that the messengers were acting on the government's behalf and in return for the payment of public funds," the GAO said.

The Education Department spent $38,421 for production and distribution of the video news release and $96,850 for the evaluation of newspaper articles and radio and television programs. Ketchum assigned a score to each article, indicating how often and favorably it mentioned features of the new education law.

Congress tried to clarify the ban on "covert propaganda" in a bill signed by Mr. Bush in May. The law says that no federal money may be used to produce or distribute a news story unless the government's role is openly acknowledged.

To add some fuel to the fire, here's a link to an interview with the wierdo Jeff Gannon, which is an alias, the fake reporter who was allowed into the White House press room for a period of time:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7022981

Last edited:
tryreading said:
Hate to interrupt the pissfest you guys, but this is the last of the article that this thread was started with by danarhea. In case some of you didn't read the article. This is pretty damning.

In March, the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel said that federal agencies did not have to acknowledge their role in producing television news segments if they were factual. The inspector general of the Education Department recently reiterated that position. But the accountability office said on Friday: "The failure of an agency to identify itself as the source of a prepackaged news story misleads the viewing public by encouraging the audience to believe that the broadcasting news organization developed the information. The prepackaged news stories are purposefully designed to be indistinguishable from news segments broadcast to the public. When the television viewing public does not know that the stories they watched on television news programs about the government were in fact prepared by the government, the stories are, in this sense, no longer purely factual. The essential fact of attribution is missing."

The office said Mr. Williams's work for the government resulted from a written proposal that he submitted to the Education Department in March 2003. The department directed Ketchum to use Mr. Williams as a regular commentator on Mr. Bush's education policies. Ketchum had a federal contract to help publicize those policies, signed by Mr. Bush in 2002.

The Education Department flouted the law by telling Ketchum to use Mr. Williams to "convey a message to the public on behalf of the government, without disclosing to the public that the messengers were acting on the government's behalf and in return for the payment of public funds," the GAO said.

The Education Department spent $38,421 for production and distribution of the video news release and $96,850 for the evaluation of newspaper articles and radio and television programs. Ketchum assigned a score to each article, indicating how often and favorably it mentioned features of the new education law.

Congress tried to clarify the ban on "covert propaganda" in a bill signed by Mr. Bush in May. The law says that no federal money may be used to produce or distribute a news story unless the government's role is openly acknowledged.

To add some fuel to the fire, here's a link to an interview with the wierdo Jeff Gannon, which is an alias, the fake reporter who was allowed into the White House press room for a period of time:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7022981

That is.......weird.
I really don't have much to say about it though, except that guy was asking some really stupid questions.

Back
Top Bottom