• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Fails To Prevent East Coast Blizzard

fabb1963

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Minorities Hit Hardest
by R. U. Frizen NGB

As President Bush and his staff cowered in the White House, the snow continued to pile up on the many poor and African-American victims who could not afford to get out of town or to safety in Florida. Crucial supplies of blankets, hot cocoa, popcorn and dark rum - so essential to surviving the stress of any major snowstorm - lay in stores undelivered.

"Where is the government? I need my sidewalk shoveled so I can get out to buy my lottery tickets!" said one D.C. resident from his living room. "Why are we wasting money in Iraq when we could be spending it here on me?" Progressive blogs blasted the President for his inaction. "We find the timing terribly suspicious - just as the Domestic Spying hearings kick into high gear, what happens? A major northeast Blizzard. Why now?" wrote blogger FUAmericaNBush2.

Hearings into the Blizzards' effect on hearings are almost a certainty. Howard Dean has suggested he will call for an investigation once his new medications kick in and John Kerry took a break from the sporting activities of the glamorous super-rich in some exotic locale (random choice: Ice Sailing in Finland) to call for new legislation outlawing snowstorms. "The Republican Congress has dropped the ball once again. I have always been a staunch supporter of anti-snow legislation, except for certain locations where I ski. Snow has no business on our roads and the President and Congress knows that."

Calls for impeachment over "SnowGate" as some are calling it already are mounting as deeply as the snow itself, and what will be discovered underneath will prove to have a truly chilling effect on the Republicans, as the inevitable thaw proceeds. Or something like that.

More breaking news......Al Sharpton wants an investigation as to why snow is ALWAYS white.

Cheney has stock in Tru-Value Hardware. This raised the eyebrow of more than one watchdog consumer group. “Do you have any idea how many SNOW SHOVELS they sold today to the unsuspecting consumer?”

“I demand to know why FEMA has been so late in reacting to this storm. THEY KNEW IT WAS COMING! And yet they failed to have crews in place to fix the electricity as soon as it went off. It just shows that Bush and the Republicans just don't care about the people in the N.E. The Senate needs to investigate this with administration people under oath,” said one irate citizen.

“I'll bet that the great junior senator (Hillary) from N.Y. has opened the doors of her home to all of the heatless poor of her neighborhood and is busy baking cookies for them while her husband applies body heat to the nearly frozen teen-aged girls,” added the voice of another neighbor of Washington D.C.

One of the hardest hit areas is none other than Hershey, PA. The Township Board of Supervisors, after evaluating the extensive damage, made the prepared statement to the press:

"We, the Township Board of Supervisors, are convinced that this snowstorm is a direct response to God's anger for us being in Iraq. However, the people of Hershey, PA will overcome this severe hand of adversary they have been dealt by Mother Nature and we will rebuild a chocolate city with the spring thaw."

Reports just in that Halliburton was awarded a contract worth $8.5 Billion dollars for snow removal in the entire Northeast. They have been given a completion date of 30 June. Dick Cheney was confident they would meet and finish well before the deadline. When one reporter questioned the "non-competitive" contract awarded to Halliburton, Cheney just smiled and invited the man to join him on a hunting trip this weekend.

fabb1963 said:
Minorities Hit Hardest
by R. U. Frizen NGB

As President Bush and his staff cowered in the White House, the snow continued to pile up on the many poor and African-American victims who could not afford to get out of town or to safety in Florida. Crucial supplies of blankets, hot cocoa, popcorn and dark rum - so essential to surviving the stress of any major snowstorm - lay in stores undelivered.

"Where is the government? I need my sidewalk shoveled so I can get out to buy my lottery tickets!" said one D.C. resident from his living room. "Why are we wasting money in Iraq when we could be spending it here on me?" Progressive blogs blasted the President for his inaction. "We find the timing terribly suspicious - just as the Domestic Spying hearings kick into high gear, what happens? A major northeast Blizzard. Why now?" wrote blogger FUAmericaNBush2.

Hearings into the Blizzards' effect on hearings are almost a certainty. Howard Dean has suggested he will call for an investigation once his new medications kick in and John Kerry took a break from the sporting activities of the glamorous super-rich in some exotic locale (random choice: Ice Sailing in Finland) to call for new legislation outlawing snowstorms. "The Republican Congress has dropped the ball once again. I have always been a staunch supporter of anti-snow legislation, except for certain locations where I ski. Snow has no business on our roads and the President and Congress knows that."

Calls for impeachment over "SnowGate" as some are calling it already are mounting as deeply as the snow itself, and what will be discovered underneath will prove to have a truly chilling effect on the Republicans, as the inevitable thaw proceeds. Or something like that.

More breaking news......Al Sharpton wants an investigation as to why snow is ALWAYS white.

Cheney has stock in Tru-Value Hardware. This raised the eyebrow of more than one watchdog consumer group. “Do you have any idea how many SNOW SHOVELS they sold today to the unsuspecting consumer?”

“I demand to know why FEMA has been so late in reacting to this storm. THEY KNEW IT WAS COMING! And yet they failed to have crews in place to fix the electricity as soon as it went off. It just shows that Bush and the Republicans just don't care about the people in the N.E. The Senate needs to investigate this with administration people under oath,” said one irate citizen.

“I'll bet that the great junior senator (Hillary) from N.Y. has opened the doors of her home to all of the heatless poor of her neighborhood and is busy baking cookies for them while her husband applies body heat to the nearly frozen teen-aged girls,” added the voice of another neighbor of Washington D.C.

One of the hardest hit areas is none other than Hershey, PA. The Township Board of Supervisors, after evaluating the extensive damage, made the prepared statement to the press:

"We, the Township Board of Supervisors, are convinced that this snowstorm is a direct response to God's anger for us being in Iraq. However, the people of Hershey, PA will overcome this severe hand of adversary they have been dealt by Mother Nature and we will rebuild a chocolate city with the spring thaw."

Reports just in that Halliburton was awarded a contract worth $8.5 Billion dollars for snow removal in the entire Northeast. They have been given a completion date of 30 June. Dick Cheney was confident they would meet and finish well before the deadline. When one reporter questioned the "non-competitive" contract awarded to Halliburton, Cheney just smiled and invited the man to join him on a hunting trip this weekend.
:rofl

What a scandal! What an outrage!
We must riot in the streets and burn something down.

Is Tuesday good for you people?:mrgreen:

Don't you worry now. IF the democrats could FIND a way to directly tie the blizzard to Bush, ..they would!:smile:

Heck...they are probably doing a study on it right now to see who will be gullible enough to believe their horsecrap, ..& believe me, ..they probably could find many but they are probably looking to see IF they can link it with some "other" conspiracy in order to sell it in just the right dose form!;)

Back
Top Bottom