• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush claims God told him to invade Iraq

Navy Pride said:
White House says Abbas is lying and the president made no such statement...

http://www.iris.org.il/blog/archives/398-White-House-Accuses-Abbas-Of-Lying.html

Of course you libs are going to believe a Terrorist before you believe the president..:roll:
I think Bush AND his supporters have been brain scrubbed and are controlled by Karl Rove and Ahole Cheney....
bush_manchurian_candidate.jpg

Navy Pride said:
Because we are trying to help with a peaceful solution there......

Well if that's the case, why do we have prisons there? You are saying Abbas is a terrorist, right? Let's release all the known terrorists we have in custody then. If you are going to let 1 free, you must let them all free. We can't have double standards. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Navy Pride said:
I would believe the President whether it was Bush or Clinton over a known terrorist..........

If Bush told you the moon was made of green cheese, you would ask only how to spell cheese!

Wake up, and smell the cheese - Bush is a "*$£er!

26 X World Champs said:
Yet another perfect example of a bull$hit post from Navy Pride! It seems that the few times he actually "sources" something it is from some unbelievably obscure right wing site that is even more prejudiced than Gov. George Wallace in 1962!

You're a frickin' genius Navy Pride! BTW - Ever see Forest Gump he was from Alabama too!

Your just a Bush hater, no more no less..........He Kicked your sorry butt in 2000, 2002, 2004, and he will do the same thing in 2006........

Your just like the sorry Yankees, A LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Navy Pride said:
Your just a Bush hater, no more no less..........He Kicked your sorry butt in 2000, 2002, 2004, and he will do the same thing in 2006........

Your just like the sorry Yankees, A LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You really do have issues, don't you? I debate your bull$hit posts pointing out that you use bull$hit sources that are right wing blog sites that you would have us believe are creditable and your rebuttal is to go "NANANANA"!

You're a frickin' genius. I've yet to read one post from you this week that was not moronic. You might think the Yankees suck but I think your posts suck!

I also don't call you names like you just called me. I clearly attack your posts not you. You seem to be unable to dispute my words so you attack me instead.

You're a frickin' genius!

26 X World Champs said:
You really do have issues, don't you? I debate your bull$hit posts pointing out that you use bull$hit sources that are right wing blog sites that you would have us believe are creditable and your rebuttal is to go "NANANANA"!

You're a frickin' genius. I've yet to read one post from you this week that was not moronic. You might think the Yankees suck but I think your posts suck!

I also don't call you names like you just called me. I clearly attack your posts not you. You seem to be unable to dispute my words so you attack me instead.

You're a frickin' genius!

Right on!
Again, Ive never seen Navy Pride NOT defending his Precious Bush.
It doesn't surprise me that Bush would say something like this.
And it doesn't surprise me that "White House" (think about who they work for) public relations people would deny it.

Caine said:
Right on!
Again, Ive never seen Navy Pride NOT defending his Precious Bush.
It doesn't surprise me that Bush would say something like this.
And it doesn't surprise me that "White House" (think about who they work for) public relations people would deny it.

That is a lie and you know it.........I have told you my differences with President Bush many times but when you nominate a clown like Kerry what in the hell do you expect me to do?

And you know damn well President Bush would never make a statement like that........Put aside your prejudices for a minute and you will see that...

If someone had said Clinton or Carter said something like that, no matter how much I disagreed with them on the issues I would say its bullshit......

I can understand 26 champs believing something like that.....He is the epitome of a Bush hater and has no clue, but I would have thought better of you........

26 Champs thinks Sheehan is right on the money......That how far he is off the chart........You don't want to be grouped with me, I know that but you sure as hell don't want to be grouped with a radical like him....

I don't know. I find there's a lot of questions involved in this whole situation. I don't like Bush, haven't for several years now. But I find it difficult to believe he would say something like this. I know he says a lot of stupid things. But this would be stupid to a whole new level.

I'd like to know if they were all speaking English when the conversation occurred. If there was a translator, how competent was that person? If they were all speaking English how well was it understood?

Navy Pride said:
That is a lie and you know it.........I have told you my differences with President Bush many times but when you nominate a clown like Kerry what in the hell do you expect me to do?

And you know damn well President Bush would never make a statement like that........Put aside your prejudices for a minute and you will see that...

If someone had said Clinton or Carter said something like that, no matter how much I disagreed with them on the issues I would say its bullshit......

I can understand 26 champs believing something like that.....He is the epitome of a Bush hater and has no clue, but I would have thought better of you........

26 Champs thinks Sheehan is right on the money......That how far he is off the chart........You don't want to be grouped with me, I know that but you sure as hell don't want to be grouped with a radical like him....

Dude, Have you seen the stories of churches demanding thier members leave if they aren't Bush supporters?

With a following like that, even if he doesn't actually believe that God spoke to him, I still believe he would say something as crazy as that. He uses god in so many speaches its crazy. God this... God that... God this... God that...

One of the reasons I have been turned further and further away from Christianity is thier insistent role in the politics of America.

But, it no doubt believe that Bush would say something like this.
Ive heard stories from people I worked with in the Army about him claiming, "I have been ordained by God to be your President."
I tried to bring it up in another thread once, but I couldn't find a source for it. But with this kind of news story, it doesn't surprise me if he DID claim that God Ordained him to be our President, as if our votes wouldn't have mattered reguardless, as if the people of the USA didn't have a real choice!

Pacridge said:
I don't know. I find there's a lot of questions involved in this whole situation. I don't like Bush, haven't for several years now. But I find it difficult to believe he would say something like this. I know he says a lot of stupid things. But this would be stupid to a whole new level.

I'd like to know if they were all speaking English when the conversation occurred. If there was a translator, how competent was that person? If they were all speaking English how well was it understood?

Thanks for saying that......No president would ever make a statement like that..

Navy Pride said:
:rofl Radical! Your posts continue to defy reality and most of all TRUTH. You're unable to debate me so instead you lie about me and attack me personally. You're a frickin' genius Navy Pride!

Here's a newsflash for you dear Navy Pride. Disagreeing with you and Bush doesn't make me "radical.' I guess you need to be taught what the word radical means:
One who advocates fundamental or revolutionary changes in current practices, conditions, or institutions: radicals seeking to overthrow the social order.
You're a frickin' genius Navy Pride! Do you think you can rebut a post without resorting to inept and juvenile name calling?

I'm dying to know why I'm a radical good buddy?

RE Cindy Sheenan? What are you talking about? Where did that illogical and totally off-topic accusation germinate from? Maybe you've spent too much time on the ocean and you need to get your feet firmly planted on the ground and planted in reality?

You seem incapable of debating, so why in God's name are you here? Do you get off sexually on calling people names and going NANANANA?

Here's a novel concept for you Pride, try DEBATING people here on the topic of the thread rather than simply proving over and over again that you're posts are completely ignorant and meaningless.

This topic is about Bush talking to God. You claim that the published reports are lies because the White House says they are. Therefore you must think that Bush is not spoken to directly by God, right? That Bush is not guided by God directly, and that God did not tell Bush to attack Iraq. Right?

Pacridge said:
I think Bush mixed the New Testament with Old Milwaukee! :drink :laughat:
(Many thanks to Bill Maher for the joke)...

Navy Pride said:

http://www.iris.org.il/blog/archives/398-White-House-Accuses-Abbas-Of-Lying.html

Of course you libs are going to believe a Terrorist before you believe the president..:roll:

Our President lies about everything. Of course any normal person who is aware of Bush's propensity for lying, has to assume he is lying now.

I did watch Pat Robertson call Bush the Anointed One, one evening and almost puked, and then laughed or 20 minutes. Bush just believes the BS the trash the the conservative t.v. ministers say about him. Bush is just a meglomaniac, and he may be verging on being Schizophrenic. Seems the longer that Bush is president the more strange stuff he does.

Since I don't know Abbas, and he has not had his image tarnished like Bush his Texas cronies. I will believe Abbas. I know you will now like him simply because he has an Arab name. Oh my gosh, is he a Moslem? terrible terrible.

It is 100% possible to support our troops and hate the mission that our Mentally Ill president has given them.

Everytime the President speaks, he condemns himself and his administration.

Last edited:
dragonslayer said:
Our President lies about everything. Of course any normal person who is aware of Bush's propensity for lying, has to assume he is lying now.

Is it even possible to believe that Bush is the real person in power
he staggers and has memory lapses into a drunken stupor

It can not be
Is it possible ,it is the ELITE RICH ,with their off shore bank accounts ,that are really in control.
how could we explain the three ring circus , of donkeys and Elephants, that are trotted out each election.
All I see are slick con men presented to the public
for their approval
where are the common man candidates
the ones with
common goals
common morals
common sense
is there anyone left in America with honor suitable to run the country

Navy Pride said:

Yet another BLOG as a source? :rofl Iincredible, really. Google is so easy to use, even for the simple minded so it boggles this mind to try to understand how anyone is unable to use creditable sources for their posts rather than BS blogs. I would NEVER cite a blog as a source because it carries zero creditability. It is for the most part meaningless, worthless and I would be embarrassed to post a blog as my source because I would know that you would know that I'm bsing you.

To me it either shows that the only source available are the BS ones meaning that the entire post is bullshit. This assumes that the poster has a level of intelligence high enough to knowingly lie to make his point.

The alternative answer is that the poster is so inept at finding sources that he must settle for anything resembling his point of view regardless of their creditability. This solution confirms two things, one that the poster isn't adept enough to use Google to find a real source AND that the poster isn't smart enough to know that the source he cited is bogus and that he actually believes it to be creditable.

Scary either way if you ask me?

Long before all this hub-bub, Bush made many speeches where he used the terms God and Iraq in the same breath.

Before we went to war, I could understand Bush invoking God in alot of his speeches. It makes it easier to convince the citizens of the need for war if you wrap God up in the flag.

Perhaps this was a Karl Rove political ploy? If you're against Bush and his policies, then you are not right with God?

As I said earlier...do a search on "Bush and the Amish 2004," and you'll find numerous examples where Bush reportedly said..."God speaks through me." This is nothing new...Bush has been using God and his faith to justify his actions ever since he's been in office.

It's called fanaticism. Perhaps it's fanaticism designed to scare the Islamic world? Perhaps the Islamics look at Bush and see a man who believes God told him to invade Iraq. Wouldn't that unnerve you to know you're fighting a man who believes his brand of Christianity told him to bomb, invade, kill and torture? ( If there ever was such a brand of Christianity?)

I much prefer what Kerry said in the 2004 debates in response to Bush invoking God again...."We should not pray that God is on our side, but that we are on Gods' side."

Also....I'm a liberal, but I think we should go easy on Navy Pride and others....I don't want to drive all the conservatives away...sometimes we gang up on them....think how boring these forums would be if all the conservatives left...I want to be able to read their viewpoints...there's always the chance I'll learn something.

Hoot said:
Long before all this hub-bub, Bush made many speeches where he used the terms God and Iraq in the same breath.

Before we went to war, I could understand Bush invoking God in alot of his speeches. It makes it easier to convince the citizens of the need for war if you wrap God up in the flag.

Perhaps this was a Karl Rove political ploy? If you're against Bush and his policies, then you are not right with God?

As I said earlier...do a search on "Bush and the Amish 2004," and you'll find numerous examples where Bush reportedly said..."God speaks through me." This is nothing new...Bush has been using God and his faith to justify his actions ever since he's been in office.

It's called fanaticism. Perhaps it's fanaticism designed to scare the Islamic world? Perhaps the Islamics look at Bush and see a man who believes God told him to invade Iraq. Wouldn't that unnerve you to know you're fighting a man who believes his brand of Christianity told him to bomb, invade, kill and torture? ( If there ever was such a brand of Christianity?)

I much prefer what Kerry said in the 2004 debates in response to Bush invoking God again...."We should not pray that God is on our side, but that we are on Gods' side."

Also....I'm a liberal, but I think we should go easy on Navy Pride and others....I don't want to drive all the conservatives away...sometimes we gang up on them....think how boring these forums would be if all the conservatives left...I want to be able to read their viewpoints...there's always the chance I'll learn something.

kill kill kill we have god on our side
god made us kill 1,000,000+ indians
god made us kill germans,japs,koreans,,vietnamese,chinese,americans,spanish,Mexicans,
british
God sure is busy

Is it even possible to believe that Bush is the real person in power
he staggers and has memory lapses into a drunken stupor

It can not be
Is it possible ,it is the ELITE RICH ,with their off shore bank accounts ,that are really in control.
how could we explain the three ring circus , of donkeys and Elephants, that are trotted out each election.
All I see are slick con men presented to the public
for their approval
where are the common man candidates
the ones with
common goals
common morals
common sense
is there anyone left in America with honor suitable to run the country
:3oops: :3oops:

Last edited:
Didn't Hitler think the same thing about Poland?

I just think it's a rather lame excuse to invade Iraq.

Hoot said:

From Navy Pride? No.
I guess you haven't been around long enough, Navy Pride is nothing but the little timid guy behind the one doing all the speaking that says, "Yeah! Yeah! We're gonna do this ya big loser!" or "NA-NA-NA-Na-NA.... Liberal!"
Ive yet to see him attempt this thing the rest of us really do, "De-Bate", he just throws the word liberal out and tries to say, "Well, the people voted for republicans cuz liberals are dumb" stupid crap like that.
If he IS a retired Navy guy, he sure is one immature old man.

Billo_Really said:
Didn't Hitler think the same thing about Poland?

Poland was not suspected of having WOMD.They did not violate 17 UN resolutions and they did not commit crimes against humanity as Sadam and his sons did.......

Even you can see the differnece Billo........Ah, maybe not.....:roll:

Hoot said:

Thanks Hoot, but I can assure you I am not going anywhere.......The only way I would go is if I was banned and I hope that does not happen......

I love the debate and would never think of putting someone ignore like a couple of my liberal friends have done to me.......I don't feel I am being ganged up on here.....This forum is fairly balanced when it comes to Liberals and Conservatives but it seems Liberals have more time to post here.......Maybe its becasue they are mostly unemployed:lol: Just kidding........I have participated in a foeum that was mostly Conservative and it was very boring so I see your point........

Back
Top Bottom