• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush claims God told him to invade Iraq

Ima Troll said:
this could be a demonic voice speaking to Bush too

President Bush did not say it..........It a lie generated by the Bush haters.......No more no less..........

First step to defeating any accusation or fact, attack the sources.

Navy Pride said:
President Bush did not say it..........It a lie generated by the Bush haters.......No more no less..........
actually these were direct quotes

:rofl

Navy STILL hasn't answered Kal-El's question......

Why is it okay for George W. Bush to blow off the UN's decision and not his father?

we're expecting a liberal excuse on this one so answer already.

Caine said:
:rofl

Navy STILL hasn't answered Kal-El's question......

Why is it okay for George W. Bush to blow off the UN's decision and not his father?

we're expecting a liberal excuse on this one so answer already.

I know your just a youngster and it is before your time but if Bush 1 had of gone in Baghdad he would have went in by himself.............what part of that do you not understand...................

Since Saddam violated 17 UN resolutions he violated the 1991 truce and this president enforced the mandate............

Navy Pride said:
I know your just a youngster and it is before your time but if Bush 1 had of gone in Baghdad he would have went in by himself.............what part of that do you not understand...................

O, is that why he followed what the UN sanctioned?

Since Saddam violated 17 UN resolutions he violated the 1991 truce and this president enforced the mandate............

How many other countries were in violation of UN resolutions?

He isnt going to give a DIRECT answer.

kal-el said:
O, is that why he followed what the UN sanctioned?

How many other countries were in violation of UN resolutions?

The UN had 17 sanctions against Iraq for violations

Other countries were not invading their neighbors..............

Originally Posted by Navy Pride:
It is patently untrue to say you support the troops but don't support their mission.
It is patently immoral and a one way ticket into the bowels of hell for anyone that supports this mission. Only the cowardly and void of soul support this mission.

Billo_Really said:
It is patently immoral and a one way ticket into the bowels of hell for anyone that supports this mission. Only the cowardly and void of soul support this mission.

It is patently immoral to be a UBL apologist and anyone that is should have a ticket to hell.

Originally Posted by Navy Pride:
It is patently immoral to be a UBL apologist and anyone that is should have a ticket to hell.
Were in agreement here.

Stu Ghatze said:
If Bush feels led by God, ...so what? The only ones ridiculing him are the atheists anyway, or "carnal" christians.

Its amazing on how we defend everybody's own right to THEIR belief system, yet....we are all too quick to critiscize Bush's!

Many past leaders etc believed they were serving a purpose w/God at the helm guiding them, ..so what?

Some of our early founding fathers, & some even our great military leaders Washington, Patton, & others! etc.

Perhaps you have forgetten Thomas Jefferson and the wall between church and state?

Navy Pride said:
I suppose Bush has a ticket straight to hell in that case.

Navy Pride said:
Other countries were not invading their neighbors..............

Nor was Iraq after the first Gulf War.

kal-el said:
Nor was Iraq after the first Gulf War.

And there was a cease fire and Saddam violated it 17 times......I know libs like you don't have a problem with them trying to shoot down our planes but some of us consider that and act of war.........

Navy Pride said:
And there was a cease fire and Saddam violated it 17 times......I know libs like you don't have a problem with them trying to shoot down our planes but some of us consider that and act of war.........

The DSM shows that in late summer of 2002, Bush & Blair starting bombing Iraq. Would'nt you defend yourself if someone was attacking you? I know Cons like you don't have a problem with pre-emptive strike, after all you're Christians.:2razz:

kal-el said:
The DSM shows that in late summer of 2002, Bush & Blair starting bombing Iraq. Would'nt you defend yourself if someone was attacking you? I know Cons like you don't have a problem with pre-emptive strike, after all you're Christians.:2razz:

They started firing at our planes in 1994................In the no fire zone we were not attacking them.....we were enforcing a UN resolution..

Do your homework.......

Navy Pride said:
They started firing at our planes in 1994................In the no fire zone we were not attacking them.....we were enforcing a UN resolution..

Do your homework.......

1994, is that right? I wasn't aware of this. Would you please post some factual evidence to back up this claim. And don't say that it is a well-known fact, but you Liberals choose to look the other way. You wouldn't lie, would you, Navy? After all, that would be un-Christian-like.:2razz:

kal-el said:
1994, is that right? I wasn't aware of this. Would you please post some factual evidence to back up this claim. And don't say that it is a well-known fact, but you Liberals choose to look the other way. You wouldn't lie, would you, Navy? After all, that would be un-Christian-like.:2razz:

Here is one from 1998...I took the first one that I searched on in Google....I wish you liberals would learn how to do a search in Google.....Its not really that hard........Well maybe it is for a Lib.......:roll:

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/meast/9812/26/iraq.02/

Oh and don't criticize my link I got it from CNN the Clinton News network

Navy Pride said:
Here is one from 1998...I took the first one that I searched on in Google....I wish you liberals would learn how to do a search in Google.....Its not really that hard........Well maybe it is for a Lib.......:roll:

1. Good job! A credible source
2. I never said jack after you started with your talk of the attacks on our planes in the mide-late 90's cause I knew that was true :smile:

3. CNN is not the Clinton News Network. I find that the normal news segments of both CNN and Fox are not biased, but just the prime time shows like Hannity and O'Reiley and.... well, you can name a Liberal show on CNN, I don't watch them.

Navy Pride said:

Here is a quote from your "un-biased" source-

Military experts told CNN that the latest Iraqi threat to fire on Western aircraft is for the most part meaningless, mainly because Iraqi anti-aircraft fire reaches an altitude of about 3,000 meters (10,000 feet), while U.S. and British jets patrolling the no-fly zone fly at about 10,000 meters (30,000 feet).

It dosen't say anywhere in your article that there was any "hostlie" fire, just that there was simply a threat.

Navy Pride said:
Your just a Bush hater, no more no less..........He Kicked your sorry butt in 2000, 2002, 2004, and he will do the same thing in 2006........

Your just like the sorry Yankees, A LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't bet your ass on it because you might have to **** through your ribs.

Old and wise said:
Don't bet your ass on it because you might have to **** through your ribs.

In your dreams old and not wise..........

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
Here you go, its from 1999 and it say Iraqis were threatening U.S. planes in the no fly zone...

http://www.usembassy-amman.org.jo/1NoFly.htm

Well,I've read this article, and this sentence is the closest thing to implying that Saddam was firing on coalition aircraft. It still says nothing on Saddam firing anywhere near '94.

because of his repeated attacks against coalition aircraft and "his history of disregard for the welfare of his own people."

But it fails to say that, the reason for these attacks could be because of the bombing of Iraq that began in '98? It could easily be self-defense?

Back
Top Bottom