• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush claims God told him to invade Iraq

kal-el said:
Yes, you were attempting to justify why we didn't invade the first time or overthrow Saddam by claiming that GHWB followed the UN, but isn't it you that said the UN was useless and irrelevant? Why is it ok for GWB to disregard the UN, and not his dad? Once again, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Smoke and Mirrors, spin........The situations are completely different........Saddam violated 17 Un resolutions prior to the current war....They were even shooting at our planes in the no fly zone.......The UN would have voted to go into Iraq if not for Germany and France Veto.....They vetoed it becasue they were in bed with Saddam making billions in the oil for food program..........

In 1991 the UN resolution to drive Saddam out of a country he invaded was accomplished..........If Bush 1 would have gone into Baghdad you would be the first one to whine about it like your doing now about the current war.....

When it comes to President Bush its a no win situation when it comes to the Bush haters.........

Sad............

Navy Pride said:
Smoke and Mirrors, spin........The situations are completely different........Saddam violated 17 Un resolutions prior to the current war....They were even shooting at our planes in the no fly zone.......The UN would have voted to go into Iraq if not for Germany and France Veto.....They vetoed it becasue they were in bed with Saddam making billions in the oil for food program..........

In 1991 the UN resolution to drive Saddam out of a country he invaded was accomplished..........If Bush 1 would have gone into Baghdad you would be the first one to whine about it like your doing now about the current war.....

When it comes to President Bush its a no win situation when it comes to the Bush haters.........

Sad............

They are completely different. And you say Saddam violated 17 UN resolutions. How about the many others that violated resolutions also? And as to shooting our planes in the no fly zone. I bet you would also, if foreign planes were flying in a no fly zone. Not to mention, even the DSM proves that we were bombing Iraq way before the start of this war.

No **** I would wine about it, but that's not the point, he followed the UN, why couldn't his son?

kal-el said:
Yes, you were attempting to justify why we didn't invade the first time or overthrow Saddam by claiming that GHWB followed the UN, but isn't it you that said the UN was useless and irrelevant? Why is it ok for GWB to disregard the UN, and not his dad? Once again, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
According to U.N. resolution 870 the son can invade any country his father previously took military action against without U.N. approval. So there.

kal-el said:
They are completely different. And you say Saddam violated 17 UN resolutions. How about the many others that violated resolutions also? And as to shooting our planes in the no fly zone. I bet you would also, if foreign planes were flying in a no fly zone. Not to mention, even the DSM proves that we were bombing Iraq way before the start of this war.

No **** I would wine about it, but that's not the point, he followed the UN, why couldn't his son?

Damn man/woman, in 1998 your hero Clinton said we should take Saddam out.......

Scotty, its like talking to a brick wall........The UN would have sanctioned the invasion of Iraq had it not been for Germany and France who were in bed with Saddam making billions in the oil for food program.........What part of that do you not understand?

Last edited:
scottyz said:
According to U.N. resolution 870 the son can invade any country his father previously took military action against without U.N. approval. So there.

You're joking right?:2razz:

Navy Pride said:
Damn man/woman, in 1998 your hero Clinton said we should take Saddam out.......

Ok, but did he? Actions speak louder than words my friend. Again, why is it ok for GHWB to obey the UN and not his son?

kal-el,

It's amazing the things you will ignore or cling to to try and justifiy your pre-conceived notions.

Yep, I was just thinking that that pretty well describes you. You and Canuck run a pretty close race as to who posts the most with the least factual info to back up your spiel. And the few so-called 'facts' that you do post are typically not facts but opinions from some equally ridiculous fairy-land source. Canuck never posts anything that he even alleges are facts -- only hair-brained stuff that he tries to fob off as opinion.

If you want to check out some good approaches to posting, try, from your side of the street, Napoleon's Nightingale. From the other side of the street, take a look at cnredd. Both with their own particular, and usually opposed, viewpoints. More vitriol and invective from Napoleon than I, for one, like, but nonetheless, a much more effective style that gets his points across much better than you or Canuck. cnredd always with plenty of pointed and well-sourced documentation to support his contentions. It is my impression that Napoleon and cnredd, though of differing political persuasions, both have a much, much higher 'believability' quotient than you or Canuck. If, indeed, you care about credibility or believability.

But thats just my opinion -- as always, YMMV.

Navy Pride said:
when the first Gulf War started the UN resolution, and this was a UN attack, not the U.S. was to drive Saddam back into Iraq... I would have loved to go all the way to Baghdad but that was not the mission that the UN sanctioned.....I am surprised you did not know that......
How come you don't know that Bush I believed that toppling Saddam would lead to years and years of occupation and an insurgency that was unwinnable?

Slip your mind or what?

26 X World Champs said:
How come you don't know that Bush I believed that toppling Saddam would lead to years and years of occupation and an insurgency that was unwinnable?

Slip your mind or what?

A link please............thanks

Navy Pride said:
A link please............thanks
You're the ultimate Bushie so you're going to have to lay it out for them, you know how badly they need the cash...

The title of his book is:

All the Best, George Bush
My Life In Letters and Other Writings

When's the last time you read a book? This one should be right up your alley.

26 X World Champs said:
You're the ultimate Bushie so you're going to have to lay it out for them, you know how badly they need the cash...

The title of his book is:

All the Best, George Bush
My Life In Letters and Other Writings

When's the last time you read a book? This one should be right up your alley.

I am sorry, anything you recommend to read I will pass..........

oldreliable67 said:
kal-el,

Yep, I was just thinking that that pretty well describes you. You and Canuck run a pretty close race as to who posts the most with the least factual info to back up your spiel. And the few so-called 'facts' that you do post are typically not facts but opinions from some equally ridiculous fairy-land source. Canuck never posts anything that he even alleges are facts -- only hair-brained stuff that he tries to fob off as opinion.

If you want to check out some good approaches to posting, try, from your side of the street, Napoleon's Nightingale. From the other side of the street, take a look at cnredd. Both with their own particular, and usually opposed, viewpoints. More vitriol and invective from Napoleon than I, for one, like, but nonetheless, a much more effective style that gets his points across much better than you or Canuck. cnredd always with plenty of pointed and well-sourced documentation to support his contentions. It is my impression that Napoleon and cnredd, though of differing political persuasions, both have a much, much higher 'believability' quotient than you or Canuck. If, indeed, you care about credibility or believability.

But thats just my opinion -- as always, YMMV.

Well, seeing is that I'm unfamiliar with you or any of your posts, I can't comment on you. I'll agree Napolean and cnredd do make enlightening posts, and I'm sure they are more "believeable" than mine. But I am not here to impress anyone, if you or anyone else wants to discount my "credibility", that's perfectly fine, as I, and everyone is entiteld to their opinions.

Let me guess, you are a pro-war nut. I bet you listen to the likes of Rush Limbaugh, and watch Bill O'Reily, and Insannity and Combs. That's great political discourse right there buddy. As to Canuck, I'll let him speak for himself, I don't want to step on anyone's feet or anything. I believe when I stated the above I was talking about Navy pride saying Abbas was a terrorist. I don't want to single anyone out that dosen't provide evidence so I won't. All that I am saying is don't just pick me out of everyone here to insult. If you want to insult someone's posting habits, I suggest you look at everyone, or even the mirror, or any reflective surface.

Navy Pride said:

You're kidding, right???

LOL, this really takes the cake, NP. Duh, do you realize who the author is?
And ain't it ironic that a damn liberal recommended it?

068483958X.01._BO2,204,203,200_PIlitb-dp-500-arrow,TopRight,32,-59_AA240_SH20_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

:doh wait a minute! this must be one of those dirty lib photochops.

Navy Pride said:
Maybe reading comprehension is not one of your better skills, but I will try to explain it to you in simple terms.

You asked for a link to prove that Old Bush said that it would have been a mistake to overthrow Saddam in 1991 because it would have meant years and years of occupation and there would have been an insurgency. Are you with me so far?

I then told you that you can read George HW Bush's own book. He wrote it!

Now, as only you can Navy Pride, you write that you will not read anything that I recommend.

Your last post just might be the stupidest post you've ever written.

You're a frickin' genius Navy Pride!

26 X World Champs said:
Maybe reading comprehension is not one of your better skills, but I will try to explain it to you in simple terms.

You asked for a link to prove that Old Bush said that it would have been a mistake to overthrow Saddam in 1991 because it would have meant years and years of occupation and there would have been an insurgency. Are you with me so far?

I then told you that you can read George HW Bush's own book. He wrote it!

Now, as only you can Navy Pride, you write that you will not read anything that I recommend.

Your last post just might be the stupidest post you've ever written.

You're a frickin' genius Navy Pride!

Oh, oh, oh... please, please, please let me start Navy's brilliant retort...

"You stupid liberals... blah, blah, blah...it's your damn fault I posted such stupidity............ blah, blah, blah......................

Middleground said:
Oh, oh, oh... please, please, please let me start Navy's brilliant retort...

"You stupid liberals... blah, blah, blah...it's your damn fault I posted such stupidity............ blah, blah, blah......................

No, your wrong...I am going to ask you why you call yourself middleground because you sure as hell are not in the middle.....Are you another one of the posters in this forum who are ashamed of what you really are?

kal-el said:
Ok, but did he? Actions speak louder than words my friend. Again, why is it ok for GHWB to obey the UN and not his son?

HEY NAVY CRACK

Why haven't you responded to this question yet?????

.........I have a bid on a liberal/democrat excuse on this one..........

Bush claims God told him to invade Iraq
didnt hitler and the catholics get rid of the jews

watch bush and his evangelical cronnies do more satan work

Caine said:
HEY NAVY CRACK

Why haven't you responded to this question yet?????

.........I have a bid on a liberal/democrat excuse on this one..........

Yea, most likely the answer is it's the Liberals fault.:lol:

Navy Pride said:
No, your wrong...I am going to ask you why you call yourself middleground because you sure as hell are not in the middle.....Are you another one of the posters in this forum who are ashamed of what you really are?

Compared to you, I look like a left-wing liberal nut.

However, in reality, I'm middleground, just as the moniker says.

Middleground said:
Compared to you, I look like a left-wing liberal nut.

However, in reality, I'm middleground, just as the moniker says.

Compared to Navy, Ghengis Khan looks like a left-wing liberal nut.:lol:

Ima Troll said:
this could be a demonic voice speaking to Bush too

That's what I think. IMO he confusing "God" with "Satan".

kal-el said:
That's what I think. IMO he confusing "God" with "Satan".
i just believe that if bush is hearing audible voices, that he just needs to confess where theyre coming from; hes clearly under demonic inspiration

Back
Top Bottom