• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush claims God told him to invade Iraq

Caine said:
From Navy Pride? No.
I guess you haven't been around long enough, Navy Pride is nothing but the little timid guy behind the one doing all the speaking that says, "Yeah! Yeah! We're gonna do this ya big loser!" or "NA-NA-NA-Na-NA.... Liberal!"
Ive yet to see him attempt this thing the rest of us really do, "De-Bate", he just throws the word liberal out and tries to say, "Well, the people voted for republicans cuz liberals are dumb" stupid crap like that.
If he IS a retired Navy guy, he sure is one immature old man.

I love you too........:lol:

Hoot said:
Long before all this hub-bub, Bush made many speeches where he used the terms God and Iraq in the same breath.

Before we went to war, I could understand Bush invoking God in alot of his speeches. It makes it easier to convince the citizens of the need for war if you wrap God up in the flag.

Perhaps this was a Karl Rove political ploy? If you're against Bush and his policies, then you are not right with God?

As I said earlier...do a search on "Bush and the Amish 2004," and you'll find numerous examples where Bush reportedly said..."God speaks through me." This is nothing new...Bush has been using God and his faith to justify his actions ever since he's been in office.

It's called fanaticism. Perhaps it's fanaticism designed to scare the Islamic world? Perhaps the Islamics look at Bush and see a man who believes God told him to invade Iraq. Wouldn't that unnerve you to know you're fighting a man who believes his brand of Christianity told him to bomb, invade, kill and torture? ( If there ever was such a brand of Christianity?)

I much prefer what Kerry said in the 2004 debates in response to Bush invoking God again...."We should not pray that God is on our side, but that we are on Gods' side."

Also....I'm a liberal, but I think we should go easy on Navy Pride and others....I don't want to drive all the conservatives away...sometimes we gang up on them....think how boring these forums would be if all the conservatives left...I want to be able to read their viewpoints...there's always the chance I'll learn something.

I have nothing against conservatives and their policies. And you're right... it's always good to get thoughts on boths sides of every issue. There are some really excellent right-leaning members here who can articulate their points very well.

Then there are those like Navy Pride (are you sure you're not a Village People? ;) ) who not only does a disservice to those he sides with, but uses the "liberal= bad" point almost every time he posts. The "I hate liberals because they are bad" argument is useless, pointless and not valid. He has an ideal that will not be swayed, no matter if the truth hit him in the face. It's unfortunate that some cannot think for themselves and rely on others (i.e. Rush Limbaugh, Mike Moore) to think for them.

Navy Pride said:
Poland was not suspected of having WOMD.They did not violate 17 UN resolutions and they did not commit crimes against humanity as Sadam and his sons did.......

Even you can see the differnece Billo........Ah, maybe not.....:roll:
Israel has violated at least 60 U.N. resolutions! Let's invade!!!:confused:

scottyz said:
Israel has violated at least 60 U.N. resolutions! Let's invade!!!:confused:

Israel did not invade her neighbors or kill hundred of thousands of her own people..

A slight difference huh.........

Middleground said:
I have nothing against conservatives and their policies. And you're right... it's always good to get thoughts on boths sides of every issue. There are some really excellent right-leaning members here who can articulate their points very well.

Then there are those like Navy Pride (are you sure you're not a Village People? ;) ) who not only does a disservice to those he sides with, but uses the "liberal= bad" point almost every time he posts. The "I hate liberals because they are bad" argument is useless, pointless and not valid. He has an ideal that will not be swayed, no matter if the truth hit him in the face. It's unfortunate that some cannot think for themselves and rely on others (i.e. Rush Limbaugh, Mike Moore) to think for them.

I just can't get over how you liberals are so ashamed to be addressed as such...I am a Conservative and proud of it and wear the name like a badge of courage..........Stand up and be counted man......

Oh and I listen to Michael Medved on talk radio, not Limbaugh

Navy Pride said:
Israel did not invade her neighbors or kill hundred of thousands of her own people..

:rofl They've invaded their neighbors. There is no solid evidence Saddam killed hundreds of thousands of people.

scottyz said:
:rofl They've invaded their neighbors. There is no solid evidence Saddam killed hundreds of thousands of people.

My God, he gassed hundreds of thousands of Kurds..........Even Liberals admit that........So are you saying all the mass graves they have been finding are a lie? Do you really believe Saddam is innocent?

Navy Pride said:

Iraq/Iran Conflict: We supported Iraq
Iraq Use of Chem Weapons of Kurds: We gave dat nigga the weapons.
Iraq invasion of Kuwait: We went over there and kicked ass already.

So basically, your going back to the old school conservative idea of...

"BUT.. MOMMY! HES A BAD MAN!!!!!!"

Caine said:
Iraq/Iran Conflict: We supported Iraq
Iraq Use of Chem Weapons of Kurds: We gave dat nigga the weapons.
Iraq invasion of Kuwait: We went over there and kicked ass already.

So basically, your going back to the old school conservative idea of...

"BUT.. MOMMY! HES A BAD MAN!!!!!!"

Like you said, your young and don't know what went on before you were born.......Did you know that we supported Stalin during WW2? Wars make strange bedfellows.......

So that justifies killing hundred of thousands of Kurds...........

You Saddam apologists crack me up.....

Navy Pride said:
Like you said, your young and don't know what went on before you were born.......Did you know that we supported Stalin during WW2? Wars make strange bedfellows.......

So that justifies killing hundred of thousands of Kurds...........

You Saddam apologists crack me up.....

Im not apologizing for Saddam.
You stupid fat ****ing old Conservative bastards never look past the black and white.
Its either your this way.. or your that way... for this.. or completely against it.

Saddam was a retard for using the chemical weapons.

Since then, he invaded Kuwait, We deployed soldiers in the defense of Kuwait.

Now 20 ****ing years after his gassing we want to attack him for it?
Thats ****ing retarded.. ignorant, stupid, and definately not a just reason to start an aggressive conflict and put me in danger for 16 months of my life.

If we were going to be angry about his gassing, why didn't we just go ahead and take him out when we were ALREADY OVER THERE THE FIRST TIME!

Explain me this situation, and stop bringing up wars 50 years in the past that have nothing to do with Iraq and the Bushwacker of a President we have today.

Navy Pride said:
My God, he gassed hundreds of thousands of Kurds..........Even Liberals admit that........So are you saying all the mass graves they have been finding are a lie?
The CIA and U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency seems to disagree with you. 5,000 Kurds were gassed in the Iraq-Iran war with Iranian gas according to the DIA. If Saddam was the one who gassed them, can you prove he was specifically targeting the civlians and not the Iranian fighters holding Halabja? Don't give the *but they were civilians* crap because plenty of civilians get killed in the crossfire by us too. Where are the 100,000 dead bodies?

Navy Pride said:
I just can't get over how you liberals are so ashamed to be addressed as such...I am a Conservative and proud of it and wear the name like a badge of courage..........Stand up and be counted man......

Oh and I listen to Michael Medved on talk radio, not Limbaugh

LOL. Thanks for making my point.

You reply to a post chastizing you for using the "I hate liberals" and reply with a "I just can't get over how you liberals..."

This is why I think you have nothing to say. And frankly, you're not doing any conservatives any service either.

Caine said:
Im not apologizing for Saddam.
You stupid fat ****ing old Conservative bastards never look past the black and white.
Its either your this way.. or your that way... for this.. or completely against it.

Saddam was a retard for using the chemical weapons.

Since then, he invaded Kuwait, We deployed soldiers in the defense of Kuwait.

Now 20 ****ing years after his gassing we want to attack him for it?
Thats ****ing retarded.. ignorant, stupid, and definately not a just reason to start an aggressive conflict and put me in danger for 16 months of my life.

If we were going to be angry about his gassing, why didn't we just go ahead and take him out when we were ALREADY OVER THERE THE FIRST TIME!

Explain me this situation, and stop bringing up wars 50 years in the past that have nothing to do with Iraq and the Bushwacker of a President we have today.

Because the organization you Liberals love so much, the UN said we were only to run Saddam back into Iraq in 1991.......

[QUOTEExplain me this situation, and stop bringing up wars 50 years in the past that have nothing to do with Iraq and the Bushwacker of a President we have today.[/][/QUOTE]

Again because you liberal are always bringing up that we gave Saddam the WOMD to gas the Kurds..........The pint is Wars make strange bedellows.....

scottyz said:
The CIA and U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency seems to disagree with you. 5,000 Kurds were gassed in the Iraq-Iran war with Iranian gas according to the DIA. If Saddam was the one who gassed them, can you prove he was specifically targeting the civlians and not the Iranian fighters holding Halabja? Don't give the *but they were civilians* crap because plenty of civilians get killed in the crossfire by us too. Where are the 100,000 dead bodies?

God, I can't believe you Liberals can defend Saddam......."If Saddam is the one who gassed them"..........They are still finding mass graves caused by Saddam.....I am sure it will all come up in his upcoming trial..........

Middleground said:
LOL. Thanks for making my point.

You reply to a post chastizing you for using the "I hate liberals" and reply with a "I just can't get over how you liberals..."

This is why I think you have nothing to say. And frankly, you're not doing any conservatives any service either.

The difference is I hate no one.......You hate President Bush..........

Originally Posted by Navy Pride:
God, I can't believe you Liberals can defend Saddam......."If Saddam is the one who gassed them"..........They are still finding mass graves caused by Saddam.....I am sure it will all come up in his upcoming trial..........
I think Hussein's defense lawyer is telling him to blame everything on state and local governments. If that doesn't work, blame liberal-bathists.

Navy Pride said:
Because the organization you Liberals love so much, the UN said we were only to run Saddam back into Iraq in 1991.......

Again because you liberal are always bringing up that we gave Saddam the WOMD to gas the Kurds..........The pint is Wars make strange bedellows.....
Actually Cheney said...
"And the answer is not very damned many. So I think we got it right, both when we decided to expel him from Kuwait, but also when the president made the decision that we'd achieved our objectives and we were not going to go get bogged down in the problems of trying to take over and govern Iraq."

I don't see anything about the U.N. What I do see is that Bush Sr. recognized invading Iraq and trying to govern would be a mistake. Bush Sr. has even written why it would have been a mistake to invade.

Navy Pride said:
Prove Saddam was the one that gassed them. Give your report to the CIA and DIA and maybe they'll change their minds.

scottyz said:
Actually Cheney said...
"And the answer is not very damned many. So I think we got it right, both when we decided to expel him from Kuwait, but also when the president made the decision that we'd achieved our objectives and we were not going to go get bogged down in the problems of trying to take over and govern Iraq."

I don't see anything about the U.N. What I do see is that Bush Sr. recognized invading Iraq and trying to govern would be a mistake. Bush Sr. has even written why it would have been a mistake to invade.

when the first Gulf War started the UN resolution, and this was a UN attack, not the U.S. was to drive Saddam back into Iraq... I would have loved to go all the way to Baghdad but that was not the mission that the UN sanctioned.....I am surprised you did not know that......

Navy Pride said:
when the first Gulf War started the UN resolution, and this was a UN attack, not the U.S. was to drive Saddam back into Iraq... I would have loved to go all the way to Baghdad but that was not the mission that the UN sanctioned.....I am surprised you did not know that......
And the U.S. always does exactly what the U.N. tells them to. :roll:

scottyz said:
And the U.S. always does exactly what the U.N. tells them to. :roll:

They followed the UN resolution in 1991 because if they hadn't every Arab country that was part of the coalition would have pulled out........

I thought you did not know about that resolution.....:confused:

Navy Pride said:

So, the UN didn't "sanction" this Anglo-American invasion? That didn't seem to stop George Bush, now did it?

kal-el said:
So, the UN didn't "sanction" this Anglo-American invasion? That didn't seem to stop George Bush, now did it?

We are talking about the 1991 Gulf War.Try and keep up ok.......

Navy Pride said:
We are talking about the 1991 Gulf War.Try and keep up ok.......

Yes, you were attempting to justify why we didn't invade the first time or overthrow Saddam by claiming that GHWB followed the UN, but isn't it you that said the UN was useless and irrelevant? Why is it ok for GWB to disregard the UN, and not his dad? Once again, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Back
Top Bottom