• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as gay

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
According to well-known blogger Michael Rogers of BlogActive.com, Ken Mehlman, the erstwhile chairman of the Republican National Committee and campaign manager for George W. Bush's 2004 reelection effort, is set to come out of the closet as gay in a column that's been scheduled to be published online. Rogers asserts that Mehlman will come out in a column by Mark Ambinder on the website of The Atlantic.

This is something that the Republican Party has been covering up for many years. Prior to the election in 2004, GOP operatives called 2 New York papers and urged them not to publish information that Mehlman was gay. And gay papers across the nation have been after Mehlman for quite some time, because the Republican party ran extensive anti-gay campaigns over the years.

Now a major architect of the anti-gay GOP strategy is choosing to come out of the closet. For one, I applaud Mehlman for finally being honest and coming out. I am sure that this is a load off his mind, and that he feels much better. But this also shows that the GOP does not have the market cornered on so called morality issues. They are just as human as the Democrats. Maybe Mehlman and Barney Frank can now discuss issues such as gay marriage out in the open, over a couple of beers.

Ken Mehlman - An honest guy, and it didn't take foot tapping in an airport men's room to just be yourself. Kudos to you, Ken. You and the Republican party are that much better off because of your honesty. A little late is better than never.

Article is here.

Last edited:
Re: Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as

This is another lies about Republicons. MY president George Walker Bush would never work with a gay.

Re: Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as

This is another lies about Republicons. MY president George Walker Bush would never work with a gay.

Well, it's in Bush's campaign manager's own words. And come on, be real. I don't care if it's Bush, Obama, or the man in the moon politician. He would work with Old Scratch himself if it helped him get elected. LOL.

Last edited:

Sock puppet, internet troll or does he believe this sort of silliness?

This is something that the Republican Party has been covering up for many years. Prior to the election in 2004, GOP operatives called 2 New York papers and urged them not to publish information that Mehlman was gay. And gay papers across the nation have been after Mehlman for quite some time, because the Republican party ran extensive anti-gay campaigns over the years.

Now a major architect of the anti-gay GOP strategy is choosing to come out of the closet. For one, I applaud Mehlman for finally being honest and coming out. I am sure that this is a load off his mind, and that he feels much better. But this also shows that the GOP does not have the market cornered on so called morality issues. They are just as human as the Democrats. Maybe Mehlman and Barney Frank can now discuss issues such as gay marriage out in the open, over a couple of beers.

Ken Mehlman - An honest guy, and it didn't take foot tapping in an airport men's room to just be yourself. Kudos to you, Ken. You and the Republican party are that much better off because of your honesty. A little late is better than never.

Article is here.

I'd wait till he actually.. comes out gay? Yeah that would be a good first step. A Blog claims, and unless Mehlman is trying to hurt the GOP, coming out now, this close to an election smells right fishy.

I'd wait till he actually.. comes out gay? Yeah that would be a good first step. A Blog claims, and unless Mehlman is trying to hurt the GOP, coming out now, this close to an election smells right fishy.

Actually, now would be the perfect time for him to come out. This would offset some of the thoughts of independents that the GOP is hostile and bigoted, which it really is not. This would be a good step to show that the GOP really does have a big tent - Not nearly as big as Reagan's was, but a good start nonetheless.

Actually, now would be the perfect time for him to come out. This would offset some of the thoughts of independents that the GOP is hostile and bigoted, which it really is not. This would be a good step to show that the GOP really does have a big tent - Not nearly as big as Reagan's was, but a good start nonetheless.

No, it's a horrible time and would give the Dems ammo to show "See, the GOP forced this man to hide in the closet cause of their hate" It WOULD BE A HUGE distraction.

See Dan, I DO like ya, but it's faulty analysis like this you presented, that make me have to counter you.

This is no biggy, I've suspected he was gay when he was chairman of the RNC. Maybe some day Matt Drudge will come out of the closet too.

Article is here.

Yawn...

What exactly is an 'anti-gay' campaign? I must have missed their efforts to stop gayness...

What if there were two?

If he claims to be gay now, so what. He obviously chose to be gay AFTER working for President Bush. if it's true at all, he turned gay after working for bush. Bush was gods choice to lead America and God doesnt need perverts to win an election.

If he claims to be gay now, so what. He obviously chose to be gay AFTER working for President Bush. if it's true at all, he turned gay after working for bush. Bush was gods choice to lead America and God doesnt need perverts to win an election.

Pity you can lean extreme conservative on these boards.... gezzz.

Old news:

Lawyerly Lairs: Ken Mehlman Moves to Chelsea « Above the Law: A Legal Tabloid - News, Gossip, and Colorful Commentary on Law Firms and the Legal Profession

Former Akin Gump partner Ken Mehlman — a 1991 graduate of Harvard Law School, just like Obama, but more known for his work in politics, also like Obama — has purchased a fabulous new Manhattan apartment. Mehlman, a former chairman of the Republican National Committee, is settling in Chelsea, which has raised some eyebrows.

Mehlman bought a high-floor condo in the buzz-generating Chelsea Mercantile building, home to such A-list gays as Marc Jacobs and Lance Bass.

This kind of stupid is priceless :lamo

Anyways, good on him. I can't imagine how hard it must be to live a lie.

This kind of stupid is priceless :lamo

Anyways, good on him. I can't imagine how hard it must be to live a lie.

Im thinking THAT kind of stupid is the same type of person as the 'racist' at the tea party rally...a leftist troll. Which when you think about it is even pretty pathetic. That or THAT person is truly THAT much of a myopic conservative ideologue...which makes him as big a moron as some of the leftist ideologues on this site.

Pity you can lean extreme conservative on these boards.... gezzz.

Thats a troll, not an extreme conservative.

Ken Mehlman reveals he's gay

Mehlman, a 43-year-old lawyer who is head of global public affairs for the private-equity giant Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., first made the public revelation to Marc Ambinder of The Atlantic.

Mehlman is helping Ted Olson, who was U.S. solicitor general under Bush, to organize a September fundraiser for American Foundation for Equal Rights, which has been fighting California’s disputed Proposition 8, which bans same-sex marriages.

If anyone cares

Mehlman reveals he's gay - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Re: Ken Mehlman reveals he's gay

The fact that he waited so long to reveal this shows you how small a tent the republican party really has had previously.

The fact that he waited so long to reveal this shows you how small a tent the republican party really has had previously.

Or, maybe, you can take him at his word:

"It honestly just took me longer than it’s taken other people I know to accept this part of my life," Mehlman told POLITICO in a telephone interview.

"Over the past several months, I’ve done that. I’ve particularly done that by talking to friends and family, and telling them the truth. And it’s been a positive experience."

Kinda selfish of him to make this about him so close to an election. Does he hate the GOP? Let's be pragmatic about this, he could have waited till Nov. 6th to tell the world. Why now?

Why? In what way could this damage the GOP?

And in other breaking news, Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

^^
You know, something doesn't look right here. I think it was the way he swished his wrist as he was saying that. Zorro, the Gay Blade, also noticed that he shakes his hips like a sissy boy. :mrgreen:

I am just glad the man had the integrity to stand up for who he is instead of skulking around airport bathrooms or hitting up senate errand boys.

Back
Top Bottom