• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as gay

Re: Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as

This is another lies about Republicons. MY president George Walker Bush would never work with a gay.

Okay, you HAVE to be a liberal posing as a rabid right winger.

Re: Bush-Cheney campaign manager, ex-chairman of Republican Party set to come out as

And in other breaking news, John Boehner is orange.

Actually, now would be the perfect time for him to come out. This would offset some of the thoughts of independents that the GOP is hostile and bigoted, which it really is not. This would be a good step to show that the GOP really does have a big tent - Not nearly as big as Reagan's was, but a good start nonetheless.

Actually, the perfect time to come out would have been when he was working on GW's campaign OR when he was RNC chair. Waiting until you are a political nobody to come out doesn't prove anything.

Why is he required to do this on anyone's schedule but his own?

Actually, the perfect time to come out would have been when he was working on GW's campaign OR when he was RNC chair. Waiting until you are a political nobody to come out doesn't prove anything.

If he had come out then, I believe his political career would have been over. What I didn't like was his pushing anti-gay themes during 2004, but that is in the past. And he still does hold some sway in the Republican party, which he just said he was going to use to campaign for getting the GOP to recognize that gays are welcome in the party.

If he had come out then, I believe his political career would have been over. What I didn't like was his pushing anti-gay themes during 2004, but that is in the past. And he still does hold some sway in the Republican party, which he just said he was going to use to campaign for getting the GOP to recognize that gays are welcome in the party.

What I bolded contradicts this:
This would offset some of the thoughts of independents that the GOP is hostile and bigoted, which it really is not.

BTW, there is a book out that is several years old that outlines all the hypocritical anti-gay politicians who are actually gay. Ken Mehlman is feature in that book. Again - the book is several years old. Ken Mehlman's gayness was about as covert as Ellen's and kd Lang's.

What is an anti-gay theme?

Re: Ken Mehlman reveals he's gay

Or, maybe, you can take him at his word:

Yes we will take him at his word. He was too afraid previously but after getting support from friends and family finally came out of the closet.

Yes we will take him at his word. He was too afraid previously but after getting support from friends and family finally came out of the closet.

So much for taking him at his word. :roll: Why the hate?

Why? In what way could this damage the GOP?

It could give ammo to the Dem's, distract from the message... namely provide a distraction.

I'm looking at things from a purely... political lens mind you.

Its only funny when they get caught. If they have the stones to own up to their own identity, than its something we should be supporting them for.

After they made oodles of money promoting an anti-gay agenda? I'm sorry, but Mehlman did not have to take his "journey" by walking on the backs of other gays. Frankly, I don't know who is a worse breed of human being: the bigot or the person who isn't a bigot, but uses the bigotry of others in order to make money and push a political agenda (regardless of whether or not they actually believe in said agenda).

I have said this before in topics like this: It ain't none of our business who he sleeps with. I don't need to know what politicians are gay, I don't care if they are gay, it is entirely irrelevant to anything. What matters is what a politician does, not who they sleep with.

What is an anti-gay theme?

Anti-same sex marriage, using religious imagery to demonize gays, being against LGBT rights, etc.etc.

Anti-same sex marriage, using religious imagery to demonize gays, being against LGBT rights, etc.etc.

Gotcha...any belief that isnt inline with yours is "anti-gay"...how tolerant!

I have said this before in topics like this: It ain't none of our business who he sleeps with. I don't need to know what politicians are gay, I don't care if they are gay, it is entirely irrelevant to anything. What matters is what a politician does, not who they sleep with.

When they are working people that are pushing for things like the Federal marriage Amendment to score political points or what ever I think it can become relevant since things like that do affect other peoles lives directly..

When they are working people that are pushing for things like the Federal marriage Amendment to score political points or what ever I think it can become relevant since things like that do affect other peoles lives directly..

It is entirely possible to be gay and against gay marriage. The fact he is for or against certain issues is of interest. Who he sleeps with, not so much. I do not agree with the guy politically, but his personal life is still none of my business.

It is entirely possible to be gay and against gay marriage. The fact he is for or against certain issues is of interest. Who he sleeps with, not so much. I do not agree with the guy politically, but his personal life is still none of my business.

And if he is against gay marriage he is attempting to push his will by law on others.

And if he is against gay marriage he is attempting to push his will by law on others.

How so? The LAW has been established. What is being attempted is a CHANGE in the law. And whether or not you want to admit it...many people dont believe the law SHOULD be changed. And just because people disagree with gay marriage doesnt make them homophobes or bigots or fear mongers. We DISAGREE. "I" dont think the law should change. I dont think we should change the laws to allow polygamy. I dont think we should change the allow to alow blood relatives to marry. Period. It is no more sinister than that.

Yes, that is what laws do. His personal life is still irrelevant.

How so? The LAW has been established. What is being attempted is a CHANGE in the law. And whether or not you want to admit it...many people dont believe the law SHOULD be changed. And just because people disagree with gay marriage doesnt make them homophobes or bigots or fear mongers. We DISAGREE. "I" dont think the law should change. I dont think we should change the laws to allow polygamy. I dont think we should change the allow to alow blood relatives to marry. Period. It is no more sinister than that.

I would say that some argue that the law, according to the Constitution, should not be changed, but that the law, according to the Constitution, is being disobeyed by some who wish to discriminate.

Yes, that is what laws do. His personal life is still irrelevant.

He is affecting others personal life's opening himself up to ridicule. If he can dish it out he should be able to take it.

"I would say that some argue that the law, according to the Constitution, should not be changed, but that the law, according to the Constitution, is being disobeyed by some who wish to discriminate."

I would gladly accept and respect your opinion and not call you a name for disagreeing with me!

So much for taking him at his word. :roll: Why the hate?

What hate? I merely refuted the statement that insinuated the republican party did not have a small tent. It's no secret the left has always been more tolerant of gays.

Back
Top Bottom