• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush bitten by own soundbite

Reaction score
I found this on Yahoo news:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President George W. Bush (news - web sites) has told a roomful of top Pentagon (news - web sites) brass his administration would never stop looking for ways to harm the United States.

The latest installment of misspeak from a president long known for his malapropisms came during a signing ceremony for a new $417 billion (228.4 billion pounds) defence appropriations bill that includes $25 billion in emergency funding for operations in Iraq (news - web sites) and Afghanistan (news - web sites).

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we," Bush said on Thursday.

The Republican incumbent, who is in a tight race for reelection against Democrat John Kerry (news - web sites), a decorated Vietnam veteran, used the 11-minute presentation to underscore his commitment to U.S. troops.

On hand for the ceremony were Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, deputy Defence Secretary Paul Wolfowitz and Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

I bet you the General, the Defence Secretary and his deputy don't even understand what Bush said!

I bet that you believe that Kerry could slip on wording - but not Bush.

Mar 14, 2004: "I'm pretty tough on Castro, because I think he's running one of the last vestiges of a Stalinist secret police government in the world." "And I voted for the Helms-Burton legislation to be tough on companies that deal with him." Umm OOPSIE He voted AGAINST this legislation.

Aug 27, 2002: Having been asked if he would ever considered getting a bigger car?" Kerry shoots back, "No, but I have thought about cutting all your ****ing legs off at the knees." Yet another 'presidential caliber remark'.

Back
Top Bottom