• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush Approval Plummets to 35%

DeeJayH said:
naive, is all i have to say
we have been engaged in propaganda even before we invaded
and will continue to do so until we win

are you familiar with the radio/tv broadcasts we have set up there
we did the same in previous wars as well
nature of the game

yes it is a bit ironic on its face but
' we are blowing up your buildings to build a better life for you'

If we wanted to, we could put pressure on Saudi Arabia to stop financing these fanatic religious schools that are teaching hatred.

Our relations and assistance with Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and others, should be contingent on specific steps toward democracy.

You're not gonna win democracy for these people by blowing the nation apart. Just my humble opinion.

Hoot said:
I don't believe an effective propaganda campaign can be waged while we are blowing a country up.

American Social Worker: "Today students I will help you understand that America is not the enemy. And...I've brought cheeseburgers and fries for all of you!"
"Now students...while you eat your cheeseburgers, excuse me while I call in a missile strike on that 2 story building down the block."

...and just how are we "blowing a country up?" This would be your brand of "propaganda."

Hoot said:
If we wanted to, we could put pressure on Saudi Arabia to stop financing these fanatic religious schools that are teaching hatred.

Our relations and assistance with Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and others, should be contingent on specific steps toward democracy.

You're not gonna win democracy for these people by blowing the nation apart. Just my humble opinion.

You think that is not happening? ...again with the "blowing a nation apart.":roll:

GySgt said:
You think that is not happening? ...again with the "blowing a nation apart.":roll:

No...I don't think it's happening...at least not to the extent it should.

As far as blowing a nation apart...it's one of those silly metaphors...taking into perspective the health, environmental, and collateral damage...not simply just a building falling down. I should've been clearer. I also don't believe Bush is putting any pressure on Saudi Arabia.

Hoot said:
No...I don't think it's happening...at least not to the extent it should.

As far as blowing a nation apart...it's one of those silly metaphors...taking into perspective the health, environmental, and collateral damage...not simply just a building falling down. I should've been clearer. I also don't believe Bush is putting any pressure on Saudi Arabia.

Oh...I get it.

Kelzie said:
Amen dude. And if he/she's anything like the God in the Old Testement, I'm hopping the first train down. That was one mean God.

Well, don't you think he/she is pretty mad now? Look at all of the natural disasters we've had - Katrina, Tsunami, Earthquakes.

I think god is trying to eradicate us from the planet. He's mad because so many of his followers are idiots.

/sarcasm off

hipsterdufus said:
Well, don't you think he/she is pretty mad now? Look at all of the natural disasters we've had - Katrina, Tsunami, Earthquakes.

I think god is trying to eradicate us from the planet. He's mad because so many of his followers are idiots.

/sarcasm off
Katrina was punishment for Roe v wade. the hurricane was even shaped like a fetus!

scottyz said:
Katrina was punishment for Roe v wade. the hurricane was even shaped like a fetus!

And all the gay people living in New Orleans. :lol:

hipsterdufus said:

/sarcasm off

Although I am not that religeous I am a God fearing person and I think I can say if he is looking down at the world and sees the decay in morality and the debauchery of the human race he can not be happy. with what he sees...

.Judgment day can not be far away...........

Just my 2 cents

Navy Pride said:
look at 26 chumps for example......
Can't debate me so you resort to juvenile name calling?

I again notice that you do not address the topic of the thread. Are you incapable of debating? Why are you here? To call Clinton a rapist, to call me a chump, to call Hillary ugly?

Bush's poll numbers are low because he's doing a sucky job. It doesn't take a genius to see that the American people are no longer willing to be duped the way some of the members of this community are.

aps said:
"President Bush's job approval has reached the lowest level yet," according to the latest CBS News poll. "Only 35 percent approve of the job he's doing."

"The plunge in poll numbers is another dose of bad news for a White House mired in it. The only recent president lower at this point in their second term was Richard Nixon."

Meanwhile, Vice President Cheney's approval is just 19 percent.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/02/eveningnews/main1005982.shtml

I thought that Bush and Cheney pledged that they would restore honor and integrity to the White House. What the heck happened?

Yes, he'll only see increasing poll numbers in his rearview mirror.

26 X World Champs said:
Wouldn't it be ironic if Hillary ran in 2008 with the promise to return the White House to honor and integrity?

Hahaha:lol: , yea it would. If she says that, she'll probably be elected in a landslide victory, a true mandate, cause this President has made a laughingstock of the White House.

kal-el said:
Hahaha:lol: , yea it would. If she says that, she'll probably be elected in a landslide victory, a true mandate, cause this President has made a laughingstock of the White House.
All kidding aside....Bush has hurt America all over the world by lowering our standards on human rights and approving torture.

Did you read this week about the torture chambers Bush sponsors around the world? Or how about Cheney lobbying hard to allow the CIA to use torture? Then you read about heroes like John McCain, a POW who was tortured for five years sponsoring a bill that forbids torture and you see how he is getting trashed by Cheney and threatened that his bill will be the first bill that Bush actually vetoes!

Think about this? Bush has never vetoed a bill in 5 years and the first bill he's seriously considering vetoing is the anti-torture bill!

Bush is evil, and the people that he surrounds himself with are his minions, and they all must go before it's too late...

26 X World Champs said:
All kidding aside....Bush has hurt America all over the world by lowering our standards on human rights and approving torture.

Dude, you're preaching to the choir.:2razz:

Did you read this week about the torture chambers Bush sponsors around the world? Or how about Cheney lobbying hard to allow the CIA to use torture? Then you read about heroes like John McCain, a POW who was tortured for five years sponsoring a bill that forbids torture and you see how he is getting trashed by Cheney and threatened that his bill will be the first bill that Bush actually vetoes!

Yup, it is no secret that Bush and his hawks want to continue the use of torture.

Think about this? Bush has never vetoed a bill in 5 years and the first bill he's seriously considering vetoing is the anti-torture bill!

Hahaha, what a jackass!

Bush is evil, and the people that he surrounds himself with are his minions, and they all must go before it's too late...

I agree, I wouldn't be happier if the whole Administration just dissapeared.

cnredd said:
I just read the Poll questions....I almost vomited...

Check it out...These are the questions BEFORE any questions about Bush...

DID SOMEONE IN BUSH ADMIN. LEAK AGENT'S NAME?
ARE THE CHARGES AGAINST LIBBY TRUE?
KARL ROVE: HIS ACTIONS IN CIA MATTER WERE…
LIBBY & ROVE: DO THEIR ACTIONS DESERVE PROSECUTION?
HAVE YOU HEARD OR READ ABOUT CIA LEAK INVESTIGATION?
HOW IMPORTANT TO THE NATION IS THE CIA LEAK MATTER?
THE CIA LEAK MATTER: MOSTLY POLITICS?

Notice something funny going on here???

Point #1) The Poll, ON PURPOSE, starts with a negative story asking people DIRECT QUESTIONS pertaining to an event that is still under investigation...It sets them up psychologically to have a negative feeling...just like my first question in post above...

Point #2) It's a two page questionnaire...There was not ONE WORD about GWB until the second page...they mention the whole administration once...:roll:

Point #3) Notice anything else?....If you're going to go this route, why not show ALL issues?...Where are these questions?!?!?!?

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE PRESIDENT'S INITIATIVE PERTAINING THE FLU VIRUS?
DO YOU FEEL THAT JUSTICE ALITO, WITH HIS 15 YEARS OF JUDICIAL EXPERIENCE, IS QUALIFIED TO BE ON THE SUPREME COURT BENCH?
HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE PRESIDENT ACCEPTING THE WITHDRAWAL OF HARRIET MIERS?
DO YOU BELIEVE THE PRESIDENT'S UPCOMING VISIT TO SOUTH AMERICA WILL HELP FOREIGN RELATIONS?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/11/02/opinion/polls/main1005252.shtml

This is a bullshit poll...I would expect more from CBS...

You would expect more from CBS? I wouldn't.

26 X World Champs said:
Can't debate me so you resort to juvenile name calling?

I again notice that you do not address the topic of the thread. Are you incapable of debating? Why are you here? To call Clinton a rapist, to call me a chump, to call Hillary ugly?

Bush's poll numbers are low because he's doing a sucky job. It doesn't take a genius to see that the American people are no longer willing to be duped the way some of the members of this community are.

You do realize that this ONE poll that placed Bush at 35% is comparable to Clinton's low during his second term, of 37%, right?

And how is Clinton looked at now?

Besides the fact, this is all assuming that

a) Public opinion matters (which it doesn't), and
b) That the public knows anything about the facts (which it doesn't)

"Approval ratings" are just about the most useless snapshots of a specific moment in time as you can get.

Kelzie said:
No they're not. See look:

God! Jesus Christ!

My dad's a bitch.

See, I just broke two commandments right there. And yet, here I sit, typing away, with no lightning bolts in sight. Now, if I go outside and shoot someone, I betcha I'd get in trouble for that one real quick.

SMITEDDDDDDDDDD!!!!

RightatNYU said:
You do realize that this ONE poll that placed Bush at 35% is comparable to Clinton's low during his second term, of 37%, right?

And how is Clinton looked at now?

Besides the fact, this is all assuming that

a) Public opinion matters (which it doesn't), and
b) That the public knows anything about the facts (which it doesn't)

"Approval ratings" are just about the most useless snapshots of a specific moment in time as you can get.

They are? I don't believe that Nixon EVER recovered from his low approval rating. Clinton was able to overcome it because he is a charasmatic person. Bush may have some charisma, but his lying to get us into a war will permanently affect how people view him.

Kelzie said:
Amen dude. And if he/she's anything like the God in the Old Testement, I'm hopping the first train down. That was one mean God.

since you want to argue about religion.

look at Ruth, Rahab, and the New Testament. what is the prevailing story? Ruth, a Moabitess who was engrafted into the Jewish faith.
Rahab, a harlot who was saved because of her willingness to aid God's chosen.
the New Testament, the life, death, burial, and ressurection of Christ for our sins, to SAVE us from hell. just looking at the Old Testament gives you half the story.

1 Corinthians 13

1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
8Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

The necessity and advantage of the grace of love.

The excellent way had in view in the close of the former chapter, is not what is meant by charity in our common use of the word, almsgiving, but love in its fullest meaning; true love to God and man. Without this, the most glorious gifts are of no account to us, of no esteem in the sight of God. A clear head and a deep understanding, are of no value without a benevolent and charitable heart. There may be an open and lavish hand, where there is not a liberal and charitable heart. Doing good to others will do none to us, if it be not done from love to God, and good-will to men. If we give away all we have, while we withhold the heart from God, it will not profit. Nor even the most painful sufferings. How are those deluded who look for acceptance and reward for their good works, which are as scanty and defective as they are corrupt and selfish! (1Co 13:4-7)

Its excellency represented by its properties and effects;

Some of the effects of charity are stated, that we may know whether we have this grace; and that if we have not, we may not rest till we have it. This love is a clear proof of regeneration, and is a touchstone of our professed faith in Christ. In this beautiful description of the nature and effects of love, it is meant to show the Corinthians that their conduct had, in many respects, been a contrast to it. Charity is an utter enemy to selfishness; it does not desire or seek its own
praise, or honour, or profit, or pleasure. Not that charity destroys all regard to ourselves, or that the charitable man should neglect himself and all his interests. But charity never seeks its own to the hurt of others, or to neglect others. It ever prefers the welfare of others to its private advantage. How good-natured and amiable is Christian charity! How excellent would Christianity appear to the world, if those who profess it were more under this Divine principle, and paid due regard to the command on which its blessed Author laid the chief stress! Let us ask whether this Divine love dwells in our hearts. Has this principle guided us into becoming behaviour to all men? Are we willing to lay aside selfish objects and aims? Here is a call to watchfulness, diligence, and prayer. (1Co 13:8-13)

if God is calling us to be like Him, and to love at the same time, then He must be the ultimate representation of love (charity).
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Jesus laid down His life for us. what more should we return to Him as Christians than to give Him ours?

DeeJayH said:
Terrorists are created by oppressive regimes they live in, that tell them that it is all Americas fault

If this is indeed true why did British born muslims, blow up British people. Is the UK an oppressive regime? Is France and oppressive regime? Is Turkey an oppressive (thanks to the EU, no). No yet these countries all have home grown terrorists. ME thinks you better review your cause of terrorism.

PS terrorists of oppressive countries are usually fighting for liberty (albeit by wrong methods). Islamic terrorists want to oppress people even more, yes even more than Saddam.

aps said:
Bush may have some charisma, but his lying to get us into a war will permanently affect how people view him.
I sincerely hope that Bush's ratings skyrocket because that would mean that this damn war in Iraq will have started to succeed or that we have properly organized a real way to withdraw our troops.

Clinton recovered because blow jobs are not a lingering issue for all of America except the lame-o-s that to this day use Clinton in their arguments to defend Bush, call him a rapist, a convicted felon, someone who slept with someone "young enough to be his granddaughter." You know the type, right?

Clinton was found NOT GUILTY by the Senate, exonnerated of what he as accused of. That decision was accepted by the people of the USA (except those of you who think a lie about sex is worse than lying to start a war).

Bush, on the other hand is suffering from gross mismanagement of the job, not his sex life. BIG difference. Bush also lacks the intellect to recover, the charisma to speak which means that when he does talk he sounds either ignorant or ingenuine which further erodes his "support."

You know what would be fun? A debate between Presidents Clinton & Bush! Now that would be "reality" TV at it's very best! It could be on "The Apprentice" (or maybe on that new show from DC, "The Intern"! Both Bush and Clinton can be assigned a task and will act as Project Managers culminating in a head to head debate!

Sounds like a ratings winner to me!

Last edited:
26 X World Champs said:
I sincerely hope that Bush's ratings skyrocket because that would mean that this damn war in Iraq will have started to succeed or that we have properly organized a real way to withdraw our troops.

Clinton recovered because blow jobs are not a lingering issue for all of America except the lame-o-s that to this day use Clinton in their arguments to defend Bush, call him a rapist, a convicted felon, someone who slept with someone "young enough to be his granddaughter." You know the type, right?

Bush, on the other hand is suffering from gross mismanagement of the job, not his sex life. BIG difference. Bush also lacks the intellect to recover, the charisma to speak which means that when he does talk he sounds either ignorant or ingenuine which further erodes his "support."

You know what would be fun? A debate between Presidents Clinton & Bush! Now that would be "reality" TV at it's very best! It could be on "The Apprentice" (or maybe on that new show from DC, "The Intern"! Both Bush and Clinton can be assigned a task and will act as Project Managers culminating in a head to head debate!

Sounds like a ratings winner to me!

LOL I would pay $$$ to watch that debate. One of the columnists in the Washington Post said this about Bush's handling of Katrina: "Next came Hurricane Katrina, which showed the whole country a case study in mismanagement by a White House supposedly under Harvard Business School-level discipline." It is shocking to think of how someone schooled at one of the best business schools could mismanage so much (not just Katrina).

26 X World Champs said:
Clinton was found NOT GUILTY by the Senate, exonnerated of what he as accused of. That decision was accepted by the people of the USA .

and yet he lost his license to practice law, did he not?

Back
Top Bottom