• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bush and Trump

Logician Man

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Compare and contrast George H.W. Bush to Donald J. Trump....the good, the bad, the ugly

GHW Bush was the last person in the White House that was presidential. Trump is the least presidential person to be in the White House. It took three people each one lowering the bar from the previous to get to the polar opposite of HW and Trump.

GHW Bush was the last person in the White House that was presidential. Trump is the least presidential person to be in the White House. It took three people each one lowering the bar from the previous to get to the polar opposite of HW and Trump.

Yes he was. He let the dem's talk him into a tax increase after he pledged "no new taxes" during the campaign. Well, Prez Nice Guy gave in to the democrats. Big mistake. The democrats and their media partners beat on him mercilessly, and ultimately caused him to lose the election to Bill Clinton.

So spare me your alligator tears. Not much as changed from then to now. As far as the left is concerned, the only good Republican is a dead Republican.

Yes he was. He let the dem's talk him into a tax increase after he pledged "no new taxes" during the campaign. Well, Prez Nice Guy gave in to the democrats. Big mistake. The democrats and their media partners beat on him mercilessly, and ultimately caused him to lose the election to Bill Clinton.

So spare me your alligator tears. Not much as changed from then to now. As far as the left is concerned, the only good Republican is a dead Republican.
Not much is changed? We've gone from Bush who did the duties of hid office even when he was sick to Trump that will not do his ceremonial duties if it's a cloudy day. Bush was a good man Trump is a good scam

Not much is changed? We've gone from Bush who did the duties of hid office even when he was sick to Trump that will not do his ceremonial duties if it's a cloudy day. Bush was a good man Trump is a good scam

Putin and the Russian media are laughing at Trump today and calling him 'weak'. I don't recall the Russians doing anything of the sort when G.H.W.Bush was the President. So far 'crickets' from Trump. What does that tell you ?

Compare and contrast George H.W. Bush to Donald J. Trump....the good, the bad, the ugly
H. W. Bush, traditional Republican - Trump, extraordinary disgrace

A minority opinion.

Overloaded irrational hyper partisan rant.

A minority opinion.

Putin and the Russian media are laughing at Trump today and calling him 'weak'. I don't recall the Russians doing anything of the sort when G.H.W.Bush was the President. So far 'crickets' from Trump. What does that tell you ?
Trump couldn’t satisfy his man.
25DE39CA-FC04-4B55-AD06-8EAA72B71866.jpg
Sad. :boohoo:

How was GWB and Obama "unpresidential"?

Historians will replace James Buchanan with Donald Trump as the worst president ever.

GWB gave us the Patriot Act. Obama gave us the authoritarian ACA.

ok...how is that not "presidential"...stupid yes, but not "presidential"?

An opinion most people are echoing these past few days.
:lamo No. :lamo Where’d you get this ^^ idea? Fox News?
What people really think of Trump:
President Trump Ranks Last in 'Presidential Greatness,' According to Historians
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.time...onald-trump-last-place-presidential-greatness
History experts in New York Times op-ed: Trump worst president ever, Obama in top 10
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/353024002
How Trump Ranks In Popularity vs. Past Presidents
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-year-in-trumps-approval-rating/amp/
President Trump was ranked by our surveyed experts as the most polarizing of all presidents
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.br...ost-polarizing-presidents-in-u-s-history/amp/
Nothing new says differently. Face it, Trump is bottom of the barrel.

Who in Your opinion has been presidential post HW Bush?
Easy, George W Bush and Barack Obama.

:lamo No. :lamo Where’d you get this ^^ idea? Fox News?
What people really think of Trump:
President Trump Ranks Last in 'Presidential Greatness,' According to Historians
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.time...onald-trump-last-place-presidential-greatness
History experts in New York Times op-ed: Trump worst president ever, Obama in top 10
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/353024002
How Trump Ranks In Popularity vs. Past Presidents
https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-year-in-trumps-approval-rating/amp/
President Trump was ranked by our surveyed experts as the most polarizing of all presidents
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.br...ost-polarizing-presidents-in-u-s-history/amp/
Nothing new says differently. Face it, Trump is bottom of the barrel.
Um I didn't say Trump was presidential, I said GHW was.

Easy, George W Bush and Barack Obama.

Then you have a lower bar than I do for what acting presidential means.

When did democrats ever pressure a republican to do what they wanted? All I have seen is the republicans threatening. obstructing and opposing EVERYTHING the democrats wanted to do to help Americans. It's always the republicans that shut down government to get what they want - and the democrats always cave in because they don't want Americans - including ungrateful republican supporters - to suffer because of the republican's selfishness.

And now I hear the orange douchebag is threatening to shut down the government if congress doesn't give him billions of dollars to build the wall. I thought the Mexicans - NOT Americans - were gonna pay for it trumpy?

Um I didn't say Trump was presidential, I said GHW was.

Then you have a lower bar than I do for what acting presidential means.

Clinton was a naughty boy - but managed to act presidential when it was require. Dubya was an idiot and embarrased America regularly. President Obama was a class act and if the racist republicans could get past the fact he isn't white, they would agree he was presidential. As for trump - well he has destroyed the office of the president. I shudder to think what he is going to do at Bush's state funeral. He'll make it all about HIM as per usual.

The moment Putin and the Crown Prince high fived each other at the G20 - while trump was a few inches away - pretty much summed up what much of the world thinks of trump. Oh well trump will always have his buddies Netanyahu, Duterte and the new brazilian president to make him feel special.

My mistake.

Disagree. Why do you disagree that W and Obama were presidential?

W sounded like a toddler. He was too easily pushed around by Chenney, his Patriot Act expanded the acceptable level for spying tge government can do on its citizens under the false flag of security. Obamma continuly downplayed people's contributions to the country and the country to the world. His foreign policy was disastrous and weakened our security, His forcing the citizens to buy a service or face federal penalties is unAmerican. For 8 years Obama seemed to learn about things inn the press routinely either continually using the same lie over and over or really being that out of touch with what's going on.

Those are the cliff notes

Wow! That's quite the persecution complex you have there. Are you a Fundamental or an Evangelical Christian?

W sounded like a toddler. He was too easily pushed around by Chenney, his Patriot Act expanded the acceptable level for spying tge government can do on its citizens under the false flag of security. Obamma continuly downplayed people's contributions to the country and the country to the world. His foreign policy was disastrous and weakened our security, His forcing the citizens to buy a service or face federal penalties is unAmerican. For 8 years Obama seemed to learn about things inn the press routinely either continually using the same lie over and over or really being that out of touch with what's going on.

Those are the cliff notes
I agree with most of your observations and disagree with a few, but don’t see where any of the noted behaviors or actions were “unpresidential”. Maybe because, to my understanding of the term, “presidential” is more about how the person carries and presents themselves than their actual deeds.
Trump has inarguably accomplished some good things over the last two years while being utterly unpresidential.

Yes he was. He let the dem's talk him into a tax increase after he pledged "no new taxes" during the campaign.

And that's why we had budget surpluses with Clinton and then deficits with G.W. Bush.

Democrats at least pay the bills rather than putting us deeper into debt like G.W. Bush and Trump.

They are none of them perfect human beings. However Donald Trump is the first President in my lifetime and probably the first in the history of the country that does not have a single drop of the blood of a Public Servant running through his veins, not one single drop. He has other issues that do not make him particularly effective or attractive as a President but it starts with not having any interest in Public Service. That is not why he ran and that is not what he does from the Oval Office.

They are none of them perfect human beings. However Donald Trump is the first President in my lifetime and probably the first in the history of the country that does not have a single drop of the blood of a Public Servant running through his veins, not one single drop. He has other issues that do not make him particularly effective or attractive as a President but it starts with not having any interest in Public Service. That is not why he ran and that is not what he does from the Oval Office.

well spoken nugs....spot on

GWB gave us the Patriot Act. Obama gave us the authoritarian ACA.

If you go by your definition of "unpresidential", you could argue that Bush Sr. wasn't "presidential" either. Of course your argument boils down to policies you dislike, nothing more.

Bush left Clinton a beautiful letter when he left the whitehouse. He wrote that he wants Bill to succeed because if he succeeds then America succeeds. And he added 'I am rooting for you'.

And I am betting Clinton wrote a similar letter to dubya and dubya wrote a similar one to President Obama.

And we all know trump will NOT do the same for the next president. I am betting he will hire russian prostitutes to perform some golden showers in the oval office and then defecate all over the desk.

Back
Top Bottom