• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Bush and Blair plotted to keep Brown from power

If I recall, the US requested UK presence and troops for US wars. Anyway - what this has to do with the thread title, I don't know.

If only that were true. Then the US could call on its number one ally (Israel or Canada) next time you need troops to die alongside US soldiers and leave us alone.

Not a good understanding of world affairs and I'm not going to spend hours finding links for you to not read.

that link is not available outside the UK and I'm in Canada.

The topic of the thread is US 'meddling' in British affairs so any comments on the subject should be acceptable.

I don't mind if the UK are no longer involved in 'US wars' and I would not want Canadians involved in any European wars. Our getting involved in WWI and WWII was an obvious waste of our people and resources and would argue as best I could against any Canadian dying for any European ever again..

Ha, I think that Paris knows us very well but tonight after two glasses of wine he muddled James Callaghan with David Cameron - just the sort of mistake I would make. ;)

"Very well" is a bit of a stretch, as I had never heard of James Callaghan before; but considering the plot of the last Polanski's movie, with the CIA meddling in UK politics, I thought it was appropriate to name Cameron after your most famous double agent ("My name is Bond, James Bond")... It was only a very movie-esque joke (Hugh Grant, James Cameron, Roman Polanski, James Bond) but I will admit not a very good one. Off-topic apologies:)

--I don't mind if the UK are no longer involved in 'US wars' and I would not want Canadians involved in any European wars. Our getting involved in WWI and WWII was an obvious waste of our people and resources and would argue as best I could against any Canadian dying for any European ever again..

Points you could have made without the standard Northern American taunts of "Old Europe" / "failed state" etc. You won't be the last American / Canadian to come over to the European forums and tell us how degenerate and backwards we are. If you search back in the forum, you'll find any number of US posters (in particular) that like to come and post on a forum for peoples they hate. We've even had Israelis in the last year come and start threads about how Europe is dying and going to become Islamised.

We're still here and doing very well thank you.

-- It was only a very movie-esque joke (Hugh Grant, James Cameron, Roman Polanski, James Bond) --

You're a bit subtle for us mere mortals mate.

Points you could have made without the standard Northern American taunts of "Old Europe" / "failed state" etc. You won't be the last American / Canadian to come over to the European forums and tell us how degenerate and backwards we are. If you search back in the forum, you'll find any number of US posters (in particular) that like to come and post on a forum for peoples they hate. We've even had Israelis in the last year come and start threads about how Europe is dying and going to become Islamised.

We're still here and doing very well thank you.

Never mentioned "Olde Europe" at all.

Why would I be interested in looking over years of past posts on this forum? A very silly suggestion.

The Israelis are right, of course, and no, you are not doing at all well.

"Very well" is a bit of a stretch, as I had never heard of James Callaghan before; but considering the plot of the last Polanski's movie, with the CIA meddling in UK politics, I thought it was appropriate to name Cameron after your most famous double agent ("My name is Bond, James Bond")... It was only a very movie-esque joke (Hugh Grant, James Cameron, Roman Polanski, James Bond) but I will admit not a very good one. Off-topic apologies:)

very good. too subtle for me. I will take more care next time. ;)

We've even had Israelis in the last year come and start threads about how Europe is dying and going to become Islamised.

Oh, my goodness, how awful! That's almost as bad as the continuous onslaught of Brits and fellow Europeans who post their Israel hatred in the Middle East forum.

How about some sort of arrangement where the two or three Israeli posters stay out of the European section and the two or three dozen Europeans stay out of the middle east? I'd even be willing to throw in Canadians as honorary Europeans if it helps seal the deal.

Oh, my goodness, how awful! That's almost as bad as the continuous onslaught of Brits and fellow Europeans who post their Israel hatred in the Middle East forum.

How about some sort of arrangement where the two or three Israeli posters stay out of the European section and the two or three dozen Europeans stay out of the middle east? I'd even be willing to throw in Canadians as honorary Europeans if it helps seal the deal.

I can actually agree with such an arrangement. Have all of those waves of British anti-Israelis withdraw from the ME forum and the two-three Israelis who post in the European forum would withdraw from the European forum as well. ;)

I can actually agree with such an arrangement. Have all of those waves of British anti-Israelis withdraw from the ME forum and the two-three Israelis who post in the European forum would withdraw from the European forum as well. ;)

Yeah -- I just thought it was funny how people who have absolutely no qualms about attacking Israel in the middle east forum act as if it is the ultimate affrontery for Jewish Israelis to contaminate the European forum by a rare act of returning the favor.

Why would you want to stiffle debate? The ME (Middle East) forum is already under martial law. Is that not enough?

If the Americans are willing to stop meddling in the ME forum too, I'm sure a deal could be reached.

Why would you want to stiffle debate? The ME (Middle East) forum is already under martial law. Is that not enough?

I would certainly hope the French would recognize a tongue-in-cheek statement when they saw one.

I was reacting to the utter hypocrisy inherent in whining about an isolated Israeli posting in the European forum when the Europeans devote so much of their own effort to the Middle Eastern. If you do not consider it hypocritical, perhaps you need to readjust your point of view.

If the Americans are willing to stop meddling in the ME forum too, I'm sure a deal could be reached.

I'd be happy to stop meddling if you would stop kibitzing.

The mods would certainly have a much easier time of it, that's for sure.

I have posted no "hatred" on the ME forum, nice to see you confess that the only reason you post your bile and snide commentary here is some kind of "tit for tat".

Funny how you and your sidekick have exposed yourselves.

As Paris pointed out - you've s**t in your own forum and reduced it to martial law, why do the same here? Anyway, you two are easy enough to ignore when the conversation becomes serious as you have no real insights into European politics to offer anyway.

There are some American's whose posts here are useful, many just come to tell us we're the cause of all the problems in the world. They're a good laugh on a "dry news day"

I'd be happy to stop meddling if you would stop kibitzing.

The mods would certainly have a much easier time of it, that's for sure.

Kibitzing? Are you sure you're Scots Irish? 'Cos that isn't a word I've ever heard used in Ulster.:)

I'm with IC, he's absolutely one of the least inflamatory, most constructive posters on the ME forum.

If you were to engage in debate rather than polemics there, you might have something to contribute, as ido, Apo, Don and Tashah do, despite my deep political disagreements with them.

Now, back to Blair and Brown. I watched tonight's BBC1 news which led on the publication of Blair's memoirs. Interesting though his knife sticking on Gordon was, what was more interesting was his statement that he believes that we (the West) may have to confront Iran militarily in order to prevent them developing their nuclear programme. This from a so-called peace envoy. The man is poison.

I'm with IC, he's absolutely one of the least inflamatory, most constructive posters on the ME forum.

very true

Now, back to Blair and Brown. I watched tonight's BBC1 news which led on the publication of Blair's memoirs. Interesting though his knife sticking on Gordon was, what was more interesting was his statement that he believes that we (the West) may have to confront Iran militarily in order to prevent them developing their nuclear programme. This from a so-called peace envoy. The man is poison.

Oh shivers, if you had watched the full thing he really wants war over that, or certainly it seemed like that to me. However Infinite has opened a thread on that so I guess best not to discuss that here. ;)

Kibitzing? Are you sure you're Scots Irish? 'Cos that isn't a word I've ever heard used in Ulster.:)

The English language is little more than an amalgam of borrowed words as I'm sure you know well, and what words get borrowed tend to reflect the languages of those around us. I tend to borrow a bit more liberally than most.

If you were to engage in debate rather than polemics there, you might have something to contribute, as ido, Apo, Don and Tashah do, despite my deep political disagreements with them.

Yeah, nothing at all polemic about getting outraged that an Israeli Jew would post in the European forum.

Yeah -- I just thought it was funny how people who have absolutely no qualms about attacking Israel in the middle east forum act as if it is the ultimate affrontery for Jewish Israelis to contaminate the European forum by a rare act of returning the favor.

This thread is about Bush and Blair - however by your own confession - you are posting some kind of "favour"

I am the one who mentioned Israelis posting on the Europe forum - but it was no attack; there was no affront on my part - I simply explained what I saw in the posts over this last year (that Europe or the EU are on the brink of collapse). So, that means by the rest of your statement that I "attack" Israel.

Please find my constant attacks on Israel, please list the number of attacks on Israel I have made and please list the threads I have started in the ME section that attack Israel.

I'm on this thread to discuss Blair's relationship to Bush and how decisions were made - some of which were made publ;ic by Blair in his TV interview last night.

This thread is about Bush and Blair - however by your own confession - you are posting some kind of "favour"

I am the one who mentioned Israelis posting on the Europe forum - but it was no attack; there was no affront on my part - I simply explained what I saw in the posts over this last year (that Europe or the EU are on the brink of collapse). So, that means by the rest of your statement that I "attack" Israel.

You were noting the nationality of the posters as if it was an integral part of the point you were trying to make.
That is why Gardener's position is quite understandable here.
Who has equally noted the nationality of the anti-Israelis who post in the ME forum.

Please find my constant attacks on Israel, please list the number of attacks on Israel I have made and please list the threads I have started in the ME section that attack Israel.

I'm on this thread to discuss Blair's relationship to Bush and how decisions were made - some of which were made publ;ic by Blair in his TV interview last night.

I confessed nothing and said nothing about MY returning a favor. I am not an Israeli Jew.

There is no reason to expect any forum should remain Judenrein simply because of the political attitudes of its inhabitants. All forums are open to participation from all people, and Israeli Jews are as free to comment on Europe as the Europeans are free to comment on Israel, which they do with SUCH abandon. Your whining about the impropriety of an Israeli Jew contaminating the sanctity of your forum here is patently hypocritical.

Last edited:
I confessed nothing and said nothing about MY returning a favor. I am not an Israeli Jew.

There is no reason to expect any forum should remain Judenrein simply because of the political attitudes of its inhabitants. All forums are open to participation from all people, and Israeli Jews are as free to comment on Europe as the Europeans are free to comment on Israel, which they do with SUCH abandon. Your whining about the impropriety of an Israeli Jew contaminating the sanctity of your forum here is patently hypocritical.

You know perfectly well he did no such thing. You are projecting. I'm sure I'm not the only one who noted your inability or unwillingness to list his putative 'attacks' on Israel, or indeed to quote any reference to 'Israeli Jews contaminating' the Europe forum. Those are your words and your sentiments, not IC's and they redefine the word disingenuous.

You know perfectly well he did no such thing. You are projecting. I'm sure I'm not the only one who noted your inability or unwillingness to list his putative 'attacks' on Israel, or indeed to quote any reference to 'Israeli Jews contaminating' the Europe forum. Those are your words and your sentiments, not IC's and they redefine the word disingenuous.

Yes, this forum has "EVEN HAD ISRALI'S come and blah blah blah". Quite obviously, and in accordence to the recognized standards of the English language, the use of the bolded part indicates a certain attitude towards the ethnicity and a questioning of either the validity or appropriateness of the subsequent statement. Otherwise, why list the ethnicity or use the term "even" at all?

"We even had black people in here saying....", "We had this gay guy who actually said...." .......

What is actually the hight of disingenuousness is to introduce this subtext and then whine that it is others who are off topic lest they follow up on it.

You were noting the nationality of the posters as if it was an integral part of the point you were trying to make.

That's your interpretation and it's a pretty poor one at that. Feel free to test your theory out on a Mod.

Yes, this forum has "EVEN HAD ISRALI'S

FAIL

I spelt "Israeli" better and didn't use capitalisation. Project your own behaviour much? :lol:

-- the recognized standards of the English language, the use of the bolded part indicates a certain attitude towards the ethnicity and a questioning of either the validity or appropriateness of the subsequent statement.

FAIL

I didn't use bold either. Caught you out in yet another lie.

-- Otherwise, why list the ethnicity or use the term "even" at all?

TOTAL FAIL YET AGAIN.

"We even had black people in here saying....", "We had this gay guy who actually said...." .......

What is actually the hight of disingenuousness is to introduce this subtext and then whine that it is others who are off topic lest they follow up on it.

Well, you've managed to derail yet another thread. Congrats to you and your sidekick. However, I'll do something you have patently refused to do - which is answer any of my requests. You ask "why" - if I said "we've had several "European posters come to the Europe Forum to say Europe is dying etc - would make no sense.

Strange that no US Posters have complained that I referred to them isn't it? "Grant" himself started proceedings off by stating his nationality so I responded in kind.

Now, if you will - I have a list of requests you will continue to FAIL to answer -
How many attacks on Israel have I launched here on in the ME forum?

How many attacking Israel threads have I posted here or in the Israel forum?

Where did I use bold please in the post in question?

My next reply to you will have the word "FAIL" in as response to your continued dodging and deflecting.

Back
Top Bottom