• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Bush and administration liken themselves to Iran.

shuamort

Pundit-licious
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Way to go, Fuc/kwads!

United Nations: U.S. Aligned With Iran in Anti-Gay Vote
In a reversal of policy, the United States on Monday backed an Iranian initiative to deny United Nations consultative status to organizations working to protect the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. In a letter to Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice, a coalition of 39 organizations, led by the Human Rights Campaign, Human Rights Watch, the International Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission, and the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, called for an explanation of the vote which aligned the United States with governments that have long repressed the rights of sexual minorities. "This vote is an aggressive assault by the U.S. government on the right of sexual minorities to be heard," said Scott Long, director of the LGBT rights program at Human Rights Watch. "It is astonishing that the Bush administration would align itself with Sudan, China, Iran and Zimbabwe in a coalition of the homophobic."

As the U.S. government acknowledged in its 2004 country report on Iran, Iranian law punishes homosexual conduct between men with the death penalty. Human Rights Watch has documented four cases of arrests, flogging, or execution of gay men in Iran since 2003. In its 2004 country report on Zimbabwe, the U.S. government noted President Robert Mugabe's public denouncement of homosexuals, blaming them for "Africa's ills." In the past, Mugabe has called gays and lesbians "people without rights" and "worse than dogs and pigs." The U.S. has reversed position since 2002, when it voted to support the International Lesbian and Gay Association's request to have its status reviewed. Officials gave no explanation for the change.
****ing homophobes, bigots, and "Christians" who support this regime.

shuamort said:
Way to go, Fuc/kwads!

Now I ask you - What is the difference between bin Laden and Pat Robertson? None, except one. While the people of the Middle East are willing to buy what bin Laden is shoveling, the American people dont buy what our own extremists are shoveling. Their days are numbered.

shuamort said:
Way to go, Fuc/kwads!

This is just sickening and disturbing and the type of thing that pushes me further away from the current administration. But unfortunately, you got stingers and aquapubes and stu ghatez and various other ignorant fu.cktards who buy into the whole mentality. I cant see any reason to support our current administration or its drones anymore. It destroys any sense of civility I have.

This makes me feel sick....not much more to say about that. I felt physically ill reading that.

Hmmm you guys seem surprised by this??? It's weird isn't it, South Africa is now a more progressive country than the United States. Your country seems intent on being left behind. :-( :-( Scientifically the developed world is moving on and you guys are debating whether intelligent design should be taught in classrooms.

danarhea are you sure their days are numbered??

I'm perplexed that anyone with a functional brain stem could possibly blame gays for their country's ills. I can understand wanting a scapegoat for how ****ed up your country may be, but...gays?!? How much of an ignorant fuktard do you need to be before divine wrath against sexual promiscuity becomes a more plausible explaination for social woes than plain ol' human malfeasance? We should start an aid fund to supply the lobotomies these people so desperately need.

I think destroying science is part of their master plan, Garza. Snuffing out all rational thought and turning us into the Amish of the developed world are steps in the right direction for them; religion and education are inversly proportional.

Back
Top Bottom